Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. (8146 Views)

Zahra Buhari's “Afternoon Nigeria” Tweet: Nigerians React / Photos Of El-rufai On Abuja-Kaduna Train This Afternoon / Nneka Ararume: ''Metuh Gave Me $2m Cash To Invest'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
My friend, Monday, who hailed from Akwa Ibom came to me this afternoon and gave me a Biafran flag sticker, marked 102.1FM.
Since I've never tuned or listened to radio biafra since it started, I don't know if the frequency is for Port Harcourt or Akwa Ibom, we didn't had time to discuss further because he was hurrying to go to "Biafran" meeting by 4pm in Obigbo.

Hmmmm.

I RESERVE MY COMMENTS

2 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by maverickdude(m): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2015
dey don get flag sef,dreams ar meant to b chased tho

6 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by iPopAlomo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lol... propaganda...

3 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Lolz,
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nonsense
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by gabazin080(m): 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2015
iranu abasha

5 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by shigoslim(m): 5:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
what surprise most is that this flag has gone beyond Nigeria govt imagination. there is a web site (DUDU RADIO) I usually visit as at 2006 whenever am board, to listing some cool music to surprise this year. I long on to the same site, what I found there was Biafran Flag I was like what the hell is this flag doing here? I kept mute for a while that these people really mean business to actualize their dreams land.
note that DUDU RADIO is meant for Nigeria and Nigerian ............ my Question is, ''what is Biafra Flag doing there? who put this Flag there? .............. does it mean that UN has pass the resolution Bill? Nigeria government must act fast to curtain this move before we fell into another kasala.

Although to say the fact ever since I have no the right hand from the left hand I think the way Nigeria government is marginalize our Igbo brother is unfair , when we are all southing for one Nigeria I think the government need to treat every ethnic equality in terms of resources distribution and government position. Nigeria government must forget the past and let think of future, Igbo group must be carry along in Nigeria politics and they should be given chance to contribute to Nigeria government maybe is then Nigeria problem we solve.
that is my own personal opinion mind if you are to quote me please don't mention GEJ in this matter as he is from Ijaw tribes

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Lol... propaganda...

Propaganda?
This is my 369th thread since I joined Nairaland last year, this is the only biafra related in all of them.
I don't even know if you know what proganda means.

11 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2015
Chosen1984:
Nonsense
Ok.

1 Like

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by TheOnlyWiseMan: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
shigoslim:
what surprise most is that this flag has gone beyond Nigeria govt imagination. there is a web site (DUDU RADIO) I usually visit as at 2006 whenever am board, to listing some cool music to surprise this year. I long on to the same site, what I found there was Biafran Flag I was like what the hell is this flag doing here? I kept mute for a while that these people really mean business to actualize their dreams land.
note that DUDU RADIO is meant for Nigeria and Nigerian ............ my Question is, ''what is Biafra Flag doing there? who put this Flag there? .............. does it mean that UN has pass the resolution Bill? Nigeria government must act fast to curtain this move before we fell into another kasala.

Although to say the fact ever since I have no the right hand from the left hand I think the way Nigeria government is marginalize our Igbo brother is unfair , when we are all southing for one Nigeria I think the government need to treat every ethnic equality in terms of resources distribution and government position. Nigeria government must forget the past and let think of future, Igbo group must be carry along in Nigeria politics and they should be given chance to contribute to Nigeria government maybe is then Nigeria problem we solve.
that is my own personal opinion mind if you are to quote me please don't mention GEJ in this matter as he is from Ijaw tribes

@bolded.

1 Like

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Franchise21(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Some dreams b'com reality tho

3 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by YoruBanger: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
iPopAlomo:
Lol... propaganda...

gringringringrin I wonder where the next friend will be from.
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2015
YoruBanger:

gringringringrin I wonder where the next friend will be from.
?
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by socialmediaman: 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Propaganda?
This is my 369th thread since I joined Nairaland last year, this is the only biafra related in all of them.

The most interesting part of this Biafra thing is that at least 70% of the South Esterners themselves don't support it or associate with it (personal estimate). Generally, it's seen the same way students see cultists on campus. It's mostly selling online because anyone can publish anything.

In any case, I agree and believe that Igbos should never be sidelined in Nigerian politics! Buhari will not do that to the best of my understanding. Well, my major priority in this government is the welfare of Nigerians who dared all odds and voted the government in. We both do not agree on this part, but hey, that's my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by johnydon22(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

The most interesting part of this Biafra thing is that at least 70% of the South Esterners themselves don't support it or associate with it (personal estimate). Generally, it's seen the same way students see cultists on campus. It's mostly selling online because anyone can publish anything.

In any case, I agree and believe that Igbos should never be sidelined in Nigerian politics! Buhari will not do that to the best of my understanding. Well, my major priority in this government is the welfare of Nigerians who dared all odds and voted the government in. We both do not agree on this part, but hey, that's my opinion.
I am igbo and live in the very heart of Igbo land ENUGU, and i can rightly tell your that you personal estimate is very WRONG.

I wonder how you got that figure when you are not even igbo or know what goes on internally within igbo land.

Am not a tribal bigot but speaking as a matter of fact 80% of the average igbo men are very ok with the notion of BIAFRA tho only a smaller percentage throw their weight into actualizing it.
But most igbos don't really think Nigeria is working and they are ok to the idea of autonomy.

I am ok with Nigeria but i will be very happy with Biafra..

21 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by iPopAlomo(m): 7:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Propaganda?

Why are you on the defensive nah... besides who cares if it's your 1000th post... it's not like I'm paid to read your post... all these nairaland celebs sef... get a life abeg... and yes... it's propaganda... space bar me to death... mbok...

3 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by omicron(m): 7:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

Your estimate is very wrong. The reverse is true. At least 70% of southeasterners want to be free from Nigeria. The only issue is that at least 70% of those who witnessed the civil war firsthand do not wish for another war. Do not confuse the two.

1 Like

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by socialmediaman: 7:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
omicron:
Your estimate is very wrong. The reverse is true. At least 70% of southeasterners want to be free from Nigeria. The only issue is that at least 70% of those who witnessed the civil war firsthand do not wish for another war. Do not confuse the two.

Ok I guess I used the wrong words, but your estimate is wrong too. yes, many south easterners would be happy in their own country, but they know this may end in another violence, both MASSOB and IPOB are violent activists and this not what the people want. On another note, up to 30% or more of south easterners live outside the south east, do you think they want to be displaced from their jobs and investments again?? You might argue that it's not a must to be back home, but let's be realistic, except they change their names overnight, they cannot be tolerated in Nigeria where everyone's origin is known by their last name, very different from an IGBO man living in Cotonou or Ghana or anywhere else abroad where they do not understand the difference between IGBO, Hausa and Yoruba. And Why do I think it will end in violence?

1. Because there will be competing interests. Trust me bro, if Biafra has any chance of being successful, you will see so many interest groups carry arms to become relevant, did you carefully follow the events of the governorship election where most groups rejected their loss? That's how it will be, only that this time, every group will be fighting with arms, that's what is happening in countries like Syria. It will no longer be a United force, greed will be the order of the day

2. South east would definitely want to take the Niger Delta along with it. This will bring back the memories of war again, why? Many Niger Deltans may not want an IGBO domination, secondly, Nigeria doesn't want to lose its oil source of revenue. They would easily oblige or twist the Niger Deltans against the south east again because Igbos are proud people and would rather influence or force the Region into the map rather than beg or intice, this is a tool that Nigeria will easily against them. It's like a beautiful bride, you have to beg to marry her, if you try to show superiority or tell her she's making a mistake and will end up regretting marrying the other man, rather than luring her with gifts and making her feel important, you lose her, even if you feel you're the best man.

1 Like

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
BiigTInzs grin
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2015
shigoslim:

No one has sidelining anyone, but Igbos have to learn to play politics. In my opinion, they are the ones that sidelined themselves. Tge present ruling party called their dominant party to join in the merger, but the rejected it. During the elections, they made sure no APC senator won, thereby depriving themselves of the Senate presidency. Now they are trying to black mail the presidency with some Biafra nonsense. The president and the ruling party would give them what they deserve, without hurting those that brought them to power.

Sorry, because am about to mention GEJ, since he was the person that put them in this position, through his tribal and religious campaign during the last election. That is one reason I dislike him and I hope my country would ever have a leader like him ever. Forget his nonsense I concede defeat gesture. He just did that to patch his image.

6 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Haywhymido(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
we shall see
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by socialmediaman: 8:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
johnydon22:
I am igbo and live in the very heart of Igbo land ENUGU, and i can rightly tell your that you personal estimate is very WRONG.

I wonder how you got that figure when you are not even igbo or know what goes on internally within igbo land.

Am not a tribal bigot but speaking as a matter of fact 80% of the average igbo men are very ok with the notion of BIAFRA tho only a smaller percentage throw their weight into actualizing it.
But most igbos don't really think Nigeria is working and they are ok to the idea of autonomy.

I am ok with Nigeria but i will be very happy with Biafra..

I understand your point about most igbos thinking that things are not working. But to the best of my knowledge, most Igbos blame their state governments for things not working, rather than FG. I know what's happening in the south east. Unlike the south south where the people blame FG and SG for their problems, most people in the south east don't even remember the FG when they have issues in the state, they direct blame to their SGs because they believe their SGs can do better.

1 Like

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 8:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Why are you on the defensive nah... besides who cares if it's your 1000th post... it's not like I'm paid to read your post... all these nairaland celebs sef... get a life abeg... and yes... it's propaganda... space bar me to death... mbok...
I Don't discuss with kids like you.

Bye for now.
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

70% statistics from the pit of brown roofs

6 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

That's reason why a free and fair referendum should be conducted in order to set the record straight.

4 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by iPopAlomo(m): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
I Don't discuss with kids like you.
Bye for now.
Old men should respect themselves too... don't you think...? Adios Amigos...
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by johnydon22(m): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

I understand your point about most igbos thinking that things are not working. But to the best of my knowledge, most Igbos blame their state governments for things not working, rather than FG. I know what's happening in the south east. Unlike the south south where the people blame FG and SG for their problems, most people in the south east don't even remember the FG when they have issues in the state, they direct blame to their SGs because they believe their SGs can do better.
[b]I am the igbo man living in the east here i can proudly tell you whats happening in Igbo land.
Igbos are very proud people, they can endure anything as long as they have life and hope.

They are not mostly interested in Federal politics thats why you rarely see them complain when the government is faulty.
As long as they are alive they can adjust to any situation and be good with and live happy, thats why they were able to bounce back faster than imagined after they were given #20 each no matter how much you have in the bank after the civil war not to talk of the infrastructural damage, but yet they are still competing in wealth and progress in the country.

You are very right to say igbos don't blame the federal government, they don't even expect the federal government to do anything for them.. An average igbo man is not even interested in what happens within the country, he is only interested in what he will eat and what is his own.

Igbos derive joy in being left alone to be autonomous, they hate to be ruled or denominated. . . They only feel they are not wanted and they have a drive and hunger to be autonomous and that little amber keeps growing.

Even here on NL the tribal rivalry helped to convince majority of the igbos here that they need to be on their own, at least no more tribalism.

About % of igbos who want biafra, i can rightly tell you that most igbo men want it except of course for the few in federal politics.

I walk these streets, i speak this language and am one of them and part of them.

I can tell you what they think and what they want more than you can ever assume because speaking of THEM, i am part of that THEM too
[/b]

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
theAtheist101:

No one has sidelining anyone, but Igbos have to learn to play politics. In my opinion, they are the ones that sidelined themselves. Tge present ruling party called their dominant party to join in the merger, but the rejected it. During the elections, they made sure no APC senator won, thereby depriving themselves of the Senate presidency. Now they are trying to black mail the presidency with some Biafra nonsense. The president and the ruling party would give them what they deserve, without hurting those that brought them to power.

Sorry, because am about to mention GEJ, since he was the person that put them in this position, through his tribal and religious campaign during the last election. That is one reason I dislike him and I hope my country would ever have a leader like him ever. Forget his nonsense I concede defeat gesture. He just did that to patch his image.

Biafra is not born out of politics, there was Biafra before the zoo sets in.

In the zoo there have been.

Kano Riot of 1956 Igbos target.

Kano Riot of 1958 Igbos targeted.

Maitatisine of the 1984.

Sharia Riot in North targeted.

Miss World Riot in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Iraq in North Igbos targeted.

US invasion of Afghanistan in North Igbos were killed.

Israel fight against Hamas, Igbos were killed.

Cartoon Riot Igbos were killed.

Election violence Igbos were killed.

Reinhard Bonke Crusade Riot igbos were killed.

Eclipse of the Moon Igbos were targeted.

Tell me what we have in common with uncircumcized philistine.

Igbos kids will score higher to gain admission in Nigeria but others will score low.

Igbos will die in Lagoon if they vote their choice in Lagos but others will walk free.

Imo and Abia States will use their oil to finace beggerly Osun and Ekiti States but Yorubass will carry placards insulting Igbos to leave Lagos.

May the blood of those that believe in one Nigeria be spilled in the altar of the fraud.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by PhockPhockMan: 8:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

Ok I guess I used the wrong words, but your estimate is wrong too. yes, many south easterners would be happy in their own country, but they know this may end in another violence, both MASSOB and IPOB are violent activists and this not what the people want. On another note, up to 30% or more of south easterners live outside the south east, do you think they want to be displaced from their jobs and investments again?? You might argue that it's not a must to be back home, but let's be realistic, except they change their names overnight, they cannot be tolerated in Nigeria where everyone's origin is known by their last name, very different from an IGBO man living in Cotonou or Ghana or anywhere else abroad where they do not understand the difference between IGBO, Hausa and Yoruba. And Why do I think it will end in violence?

1. Because there will be competing interests. Trust me bro, if Biafra has any chance of being successful, you will see so many interest groups carry arms to become relevant, did you carefully follow the events of the governorship election where most groups rejected their loss? That's how it will be, only that this time, every group will be fighting with arms, that's what is happening in countries like Syria. It will no longer be a United force, greed will be the order of the day

2. South east would definitely want to take the Niger Delta along with it. This will bring back the memories of war again, why? Many Niger Deltans may not want an IGBO domination, secondly, Nigeria doesn't want to lose its oil source of revenue. They would easily oblige or twist the Niger Deltans against the south east again because Igbos are proud people and would rather influence or force the Region into the map rather than beg or intice, this is a tool that Nigeria will easily against them. It's like a beautiful bride, you have to beg to marry her, if you try to show superiority or tell her she's making a mistake and will end up regretting marrying the other man, rather than luring her with gifts and making her feel important, you lose her, even if you feel you're the best man.
Save your sermon for next Sunday church service.

5 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

Which of the FG are you talking about, the one that gave SE 5 states while others have 6 and 7 respectively.

The FG that gave SE the least LG in Nigeria and least FG allocation.

The FG that gave Igbo kids high cut off marks to enter Unity Schools while others score bottom point.

The FG that refused to give SE and international seaport and airport since 1960s.

The FG that refuses to site any meaningful project in SE just because they don't want Igbos to benefit.
Please tell us another tales, the FG that calls his citizens Monkeys and Baboons. ...niggur please.

5 Likes

Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 14, 2015
socialmediaman:

Better. Let it remain your opinion. I need Biafra. Me and My family!
Re: See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 14, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

That's reason why a free and fair referendum should be conducted in order to set the record straight.

But the Zoo is scared, I wonder why the zoo shouldn't emulate the UK and conduct a referendum.

Why must everything about the Zoo be gory from job seeking to law making in the paliarment.

We need no war, we want referendum in Biafraland.

A day of freedom in Biafraland worth more than millions of years in servitude in the Zoo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thugs Invasion: Senate Summons DSS DG, Police IG; Demands For Explanation / INEC Issues Certificates Of Return To 40 Lagos House Of Assembly Members-elect / Dare Kadiri Drags Ogun Assembly To Court, Demands N1.5bn Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.