Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,607 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? (1480 Views)

5 Popular Cars Brands That Are Most And Least Expensive To Maintain In Nigeria / How To Maintain A Car You Want To Park For Long / Asian Cars Versus European Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by Yongi99(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
In my opinion i believe some of the best cars in the world are produced in Europe, specifically Germany. And it's going to cut your bank account significantly if you are getting one. But afterwards the cost of maintainance is also high.

I so much admire Germany cars, but the cost of maintaining it is pricking me.

Share your experience with us. How is the cost of maintainance of a Germany car compared to Japanese or American cars.
Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by feldido(m): 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
Depends
Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by Yongi99(m): 10:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
feldido:
Depends
enlighten me.
Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by feldido(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2015
Yongi99:
enlighten me.
Parts are hard to get, plus we have very few mechanics that deals on European cars.
On the other hand, European cars last longer been that they are Stronger in terms of built and standards.
Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by peterjero(m): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2015
I they are stronger why do they break down so often, please don't add my driving characteristics as one of the cause because I drive my Camry anyhow (screeching it's tyres even at second gear) and still visit mechanic less than the benz at home, I'm wondering people keep shouting German cars are strong I'm yet to know why please enlighten us.
Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by Ikenna351(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
Peugeot cars are one of the best European cars you can ever have. They are not just friendly, reliable, durable and fun to drive, but posses a particular attitude that leaves one behind their wheels smiling. And most importantly, they eat miles. All you need is face their noses anywhere and they bring you back, wishing for more adventures to take.

But to enjoy the good life they give out to the owners, you must love them. When you love something, you respect it. When you respect something, you care for it and protect it. When you care for something and protect it, you will not abuse it. That's all you need to pull a Lion, never look back and forever be grateful.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by icemann(m): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ikenna351:
Peugeot cars are one of the best European cars you can ever have. They are not just friendly, reliable, durable and fun to drive, but posses a particular attitude that leaves one behind their wheels smiling. And most importantly, they eat miles. All you need is face their noses anywhere and they bring you back, wishing for more adventures to take.

But to enjoy the good life they give out to the owners, you must love them. When you love something, you respect it. When you respect something, you care for it and protect it. When you care for something and protect it, you will not abuse it. That's all you need to pull a Lion, never look back and forever be grateful.

Ikenna

Oga the bolded words are Misguiding, so you rate Peugeot above Porsche, M Benz and Volvo?

@ OP, If you live in Nigeria i would advise you to buy a Nissan. Reasons are,
1. The most important, YOUR CAR IS NOT TOP OF THE ROBBERY LIST (Like Honda and Toyota).
2. Its as reliable as "them Toyota"(The reliability dropped in the early 2000's when the stupid French company called Renault had an alliance with Nissan).
3. Buy any Nissan from 2005/2006 and above you would be happy with it.(Avoid them 1998 to 2004. Like i said above, these french people can't make shitt work).
4. They are cheaper than Honda and Toyota in Nigeria due to low demand.
5. Every Kaseem can fix them.
6. Parts are available.
7. Parts are as cheap as other Japs.
And 2nd Most important, ICEMANN advised you. cool cheesy (Na Joke)

1 Like

Re: Are European Cars Truly Expensive To Maintain? by Eyop: 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
icemann:

Oga the bolded words are Misguiding, so you rate Peugeot above Porsche, M Benz and Volvo?

@ OP, If you live in Nigeria i would advise you to buy a Nissan. Reasons are,
1. The most important, YOUR CAR IS NOT TOP OF THE ROBBERY LIST (Like Honda and Toyota).
2. Its as reliable as "them Toyota"(The reliability dropped in the early 2000's when the stupid French company called Renault had an alliance with Nissan).
3. Buy any Nissan from 2005/2006 and above you would be happy with it.(Avoid them 1998 to 2004. Like i said above, these french people can't make shitt work).
4. They are cheaper than Honda and Toyota in Nigeria due to low demand.
5. Every Kaseem can fix them.
6. Parts are available.
7. Parts are as cheap as other Japs.
And 2nd Most important, ICEMANN advised you. cool cheesy (Na Joke)

He said Peugeot cars are one of the best European cars and NOT the best European car. He was never comparing with other European brands.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Best Car I Can Get With 5.5m / See The Security Vehicles Made By 2 Ekiti State (photo) / My 1999 Nissan Primera Don't Start Easily In The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.