Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,398 members, 7,808,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer (454 Views)

Windows 8 Time Won't Sync With Internet Time / Having Issues With Internet Download Manager =idm) Port In Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer by elfaez(m): 1:55am On Jul 15, 2015
I was just trying to play a video file when I accidentally set Internet Explorer as default and then all my programs changed their icons to the Internet Explorer and are opening with it. I'm worried dead. Please help.
Re: Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 15, 2015
elfaez:
I was just trying to play a video file when I accidentally set Internet Explorer as default and then all my programs changed their icons to the Internet Explorer and are opening with it. I'm worried dead. Please help.
Its quite simple. open any word document and right click, you'd see OPEN WITh. click there and then look for msword and tick the box below. that should solve the problem for msword. do like wise for jpg and other files extension. once you one, any other file with such extension will auto adgust

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer by princea455: 3:16am On Jul 15, 2015
Go to control panel on your computer :- goto Programs :- goto Default programs :- there are 3 options there

1) Change default settings for media or device.
2) Make a file type always open in a specific program.
3) Set your default programs.

If its window 7.

U know wat to do next dont u?
Re: Please Help Me - All My Programs Are Opening With Internet Explorer by funkyjms: 3:29am On Jul 15, 2015
Goto this thread and seek for assistance. https://www.nairaland.com/301179/post-computer-pc-troubles-here/591 Similar issues have been treated there severally.

(1) (Reply)

Health And Gadgets:5 Proven Effective Ways To Protect Your Eyes When Using PC / Beware! Scammers Are Now Using Facebook For Distributing Malware / I Need A Neat Fairly Used Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.