Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud (23421 Views)

Judge Begged DSS Over N500million Bribe. DSS Grills Bank Directors / EFCC Grills Salewa Obanikoro Over N800m Transaction, Seizes Her Passport / CCT To Arraign Orubebe For False Asset Declaration & Acceptance Of N70m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by wachakuta(m): 4:12am On Jul 15, 2015
Former Niger Delta Affairs Minister Godsday Orubebe has been quizzed in connection with the ongoing investigation of an alleged N605million fraud.

The cash was withdrawn from the Constituency Project account of the ministry by five officials without authorisation while Orubebe was in charge.

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has filed charges against the five. They are: Yusuf Agabi (Director of Finance and Account), Akpore Okeroghene (Deputy Director of Finance), Abibu Ayinla (Director of Finance), Idowu Adewale (Deputy Director, Accounts) and Ngozi James (Deputy Director, Accounts).

According to the Chief Legal Officer of the ICPC, Paul Ahmed, the suspects “fraudulently withdrew N605 million from the Constituency Project account of the ministry without authorisation” between July 2013 and October 2014.

They were alleged to have made fictitious claims through payment vouchers to cover up the alleged fraud.

Although Justice Husseini Baba of the FCT High Court fixed September 16 for the arraignment of the suspects, the ICPC intensified its investigation by inviting Orubebe.

According to the fact-sheet obtained from the commission, Orubebe spent about two and a half hours on Monday with a team of investigators.

Orubebe arrived at about 9.59am and left at about 12.28pm.

It was not immediately clear if Orubebe was in any way connected with the alleged fraud or he is being prepared as a witness.

A source in ICPC said: “In spite of the fact that we have filed charges against five directors in the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, the investigation into the fraud is open-ended.

“Certainly, we still have some gaps to fill on the case because we are suspecting that there might be more accomplices in the system.

“Orubebe was in charge of the ministry when the fraud was perpetrated; we need to find out from him how things went wrong. Perhaps, he may give more insights.

“What we did was to ask a team of investigators to interact with the former Minister especially on the accounting procedure and authorisation of funds in the ministry.”

A top official of the ICPC said: “Without prejudice to the ongoing court process, our operatives interacted with Orubebe but we cannot give details.”

Orubebe did not pick calls made to his telephone lines yesterday.

A text message sent to him was also unacknowledged.

The last public outing of Orubebe was when he created a scene at the International Conference Centre in an attempt to abort the collation of the results of the March 28 Presidential Election.

ICPC grills Orubebe for alleged N605m fraud - The Nation
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/icpc-grills-orubebe-for-alleged-n605m-fraud/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by DaBullIT(m): 4:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Episode II

Why won't they disrupt election process when they know how much they can steal if they are in charge?

Them PEJ and Co don press your button finish, dem don leave you OYO, Shebi I tell you, see your life?

Dear orubebe, Let them not find you guilty o

Otherwise your psychotic breakdown will not save your butt (literally) from inmates who would gladly orubebetically Orubabe your butt

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 15, 2015
FTC no time fresh. I dedicate this to the rats in my kitchen all the goats and rams warming up for sallah hehehe chews dabino. the next two posters below me need some brain makeup

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by mormoni(m): 4:39am On Jul 15, 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Bishop4bella(m): 5:16am On Jul 15, 2015
No wonder!!! Jega is partial, Jega is tribalistic. This is the reason u did all these during collation.

ORUBEBE!!!

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Standing5(m): 5:30am On Jul 15, 2015
Most people around GEJ contributed to his campaign from fraudulent proceeds so i don't expect Orubebe to be alone on this

8 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by philGeo(m): 5:37am On Jul 15, 2015
Orubebe My Guy, please for the sake of election announcement or result announcement comedy he perform, leave him or it may be you people want handle him personally for his act, and people must said witch-hunting.
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by seedgreen(m): 5:40am On Jul 15, 2015
Pay back time. APC witch hunting since 1635

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by free2ryhme: 5:57am On Jul 15, 2015
wachakuta:
Former Niger Delta Affairs Minister Godsday Orubebe has been quizzed in connection with the ongoing investigation of an alleged N605million fraud.

The cash was withdrawn from the Constituency Project account of the ministry by five officials without authorisation while Orubebe was in charge.

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has filed charges against the five. They are: Yusuf Agabi (Director of Finance and Account), Akpore Okeroghene (Deputy Director of Finance), Abibu Ayinla (Director of Finance), Idowu Adewale (Deputy Director, Accounts) and Ngozi James (Deputy Director, Accounts).

According to the Chief Legal Officer of the ICPC, Paul Ahmed, the suspects “fraudulently withdrew N605 million from the Constituency Project account of the ministry without authorisation” between July 2013 and October 2014.

They were alleged to have made fictitious claims through payment vouchers to cover up the alleged fraud.

Although Justice Husseini Baba of the FCT High Court fixed September 16 for the arraignment of the suspects, the ICPC intensified its investigation by inviting Orubebe.

According to the fact-sheet obtained from the commission, Orubebe spent about two and a half hours on Monday with a team of investigators.

Orubebe arrived at about 9.59am and left at about 12.28pm.

It was not immediately clear if Orubebe was in any way connected with the alleged fraud or he is being prepared as a witness.

A source in ICPC said: “In spite of the fact that we have filed charges against five directors in the Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, the investigation into the fraud is open-ended.

“Certainly, we still have some gaps to fill on the case because we are suspecting that there might be more accomplices in the system.

“Orubebe was in charge of the ministry when the fraud was perpetrated; we need to find out from him how things went wrong. Perhaps, he may give more insights.

“What we did was to ask a team of investigators to interact with the former Minister especially on the accounting procedure and authorisation of funds in the ministry.”

A top official of the ICPC said: “Without prejudice to the ongoing court process, our operatives interacted with Orubebe but we cannot give details.”

Orubebe did not pick calls made to his telephone lines yesterday.

A text message sent to him was also unacknowledged.

The last public outing of Orubebe was when he created a scene at the International Conference Centre in an attempt to abort the collation of the results of the March 28 Presidential Election.

ICPC grills Orubebe for alleged N605m fraud - The Nation
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/icpc-grills-orubebe-for-alleged-n605m-fraud/

WE ARE GETTING THERE GRADUALLY. THE MILL OF GOD GRINDS SLOW, BUT IT SURELY GRINDS THOROUGHLY.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by omowolewa: 6:06am On Jul 15, 2015
Hope ICPC has enough evidences.

That sounds too small.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Haywhymido(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2015
ur own don be. i knew bad things await ur silly ass, when u cant keep shut ur mouth at the general collation center. now face it alone as ur so called associates watch u in aloof. u will now learn to keep shut ur mouth in a hard way

5 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:54am On Jul 15, 2015
The most pathetic thing is that this man did not help his extremely poor folks from the riverine area of Delta state.

In fact,they ll be glad tosee him go to jail

27 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by jimi4us: 7:13am On Jul 15, 2015
Thiefnubuu is the one behind all dis witch hunts, I bliv he will soon go blind.

5 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Candyrain(m): 7:50am On Jul 15, 2015
All these individuals siphoning off public funds, I just tire for una ooo.
I'm sure I won't do same if I was their position.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Neduzze5(m): 8:18am On Jul 15, 2015
Okay!!

All I see/smell here is massive witch hunting. I'll soon kick ICPC with my new cleats! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Georgekyrian(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2015
See money..
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Alphastoner1(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2015
[size=30pt][s] COOL STORY [/s][/size]

But seriously, away from this topic, why wasn't I able to reply topics
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Dragonking: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2015
Orubebe is innocent.. They should leave him alone! angry

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2015
PLEASE come and carry him oooo
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by zangiff(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
Good..............................for him
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by babasade(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
PDP go hear am there would soon be a prison for all PDPs' loyalist
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
So the noise maker attention seeking minister is a petty thief sef..
If found guilty,slam his arse to the jail.
Common criminal.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Dahveydson(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
*In orubebe's voice*

ICPC is selective
ICPC is Tribalistic
ICPC is Judgemental
ICPC is selective

I will not take this, no! No! ICPC go to your office!!

grin grin

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by bunmioguns(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
grin
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by efilefun(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
So all his noise during the election stuff was just to save his stinking azz from being probed cuz he knows he's got a big skeleton in his wardrobe

jimi4us:
Thiefnubuu is the one behind all dis witch hunts, I bliv he will soon go blind.

seedgreen:
Pay back time.
APC witch hunting since 1635

The way you all reason sometimes makes me wonder the type of youth we got in Nigeria, when a petty thief is being cause you scream kill him but when a political thief is being caught you start screaming witch hunting mtcheeew if Jonathan had done same to APC members atleast we would be left with only PDP criminals who would be taken care of surely by PMB

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by olaopts: 8:20am On Jul 15, 2015
That was why he wanted to disrupt the election process that day. God don catch am.

5 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Dindondin(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
At last, the want to Jega this man
Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by Afrocatalyst: 8:21am On Jul 15, 2015
Lol. Hunt him down!

3 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by kingarizona1(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2015
This n*gga has been through Hole lot of Sh*t

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Grills Orubebe For Alleged N605m Fraud by efilefun(m): 8:22am On Jul 15, 2015
Neduzze5:
Okay!!

All I see/smell here is massive witch hunting. I'll soon kick ICPC with my new cleats! angry
Lol why your leg get multicolor like tie and dye cloth

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dapchi Abduction: Escapees Return To School, Recount Ordeal / Gov. Ortom And Suswam Reconcile.see How They Hugged Each Other(photos) / Metuh Kept With 419 Suspects In Kuje Prision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.