Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (9079 Views)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / Q-basic Program To Compute Simple Interest. / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2015
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
seunthomas:
Yeah that's the owner and founder of this Nairaland. the one and only Seun osewa.. why Seun go post scam fa? 10k na chicken change for him hand na wink

we dey wait make u write ur program make we see
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by seunthomas: 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
booqee:
Yeah that's the owner and founder of this Nairaland. the one and only Seun osewa.. why Seun go post scam fa? 10k na chicken change for him hand na wink

we dey wait make u write ur program make we see
Make him raise the money na. No be person be dat boy Jason wey dey dash 1 milla every month. Me i no do again becos of ya talk.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 8:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:
If you've been following the Greek debt crisis, you may have encountered their new finance minister's upstanding and ballsy signature:

Can you write a program to simulate the signing of that signature at any size?

Your program should allow the user to select the size of the box within which the signature should be signed, and then it should simulate the signing of the signature manually within the box, as if a person is signing it with a black biro. The resulting signatures should be smoothly anti-aliased, just like the original signature above, and it should be sized to fill the user-specified box while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.

You can use Javascript, any JVM language, or Python. Upload as a zip file (yourusername.zip). The writer of the first good entry wins N10k.
..... Is the text as part of the signature?

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by nnasino(m): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
I made a solution but the resulting signature isn't smooth or anti aliased. I'd love to see the correct version.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 9:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
jacob05:
..... Is the text as part of the signature?
Nope.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
nnasino:
I made a solution but the resulting signature isn't smooth or anti aliased. I'd love to see the correct version.
Can you show us?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 9:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Seun:
Nope.
cooool grin
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by CUM4WHAT(m): 10:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
So simple to create with java using physics. Or design the simulator using flash or autoCad... Also C++ can be used to achieve this...

First create d white bg

Draw d signature using vector

Now add a motion flash to follow d signature pattern
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by nnasino(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
This is what I did. No scaling by the way.
Seun:
Can you show us?

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Dannyset(m): 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
So simple to create with java using physics. Or design the simulator using flash or autoCad... Also C++ can be used to achieve this...

First create d white bg

Draw d signature using vector

Now add a motion flash to follow d signature pattern

Bros do am na! atleast u can still buy recharge card with the money if u think it's small for u.

3 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by CUM4WHAT(m): 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dannyset:

Bros do am na! atleast u can still buy recharge card with the money if u think it's small for u.
its very small and i would have attempted to do it if he said no money was involved..... Coz 10k is xo irritating
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by ponty96: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
@seun. i just have question before is start work on it. do you need to see the biro and the hand writing the words or do you only need to see the words written on the screen as if its being written with a hand?
Do i still have till 6pm 2mao to see what i can do?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Dannyset(m): 12:15am On Jul 16, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
its very small and i would have attempted to do it if he said no money was involved..... Coz 10k is xo irritating

Ok, do it then and tell him to keep the money.
JUST DO IT.

4 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 16, 2015
I dey come, make I go learn programming.

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by RobinHez(m): 1:40am On Jul 16, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
undecided
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 1:51am On Jul 16, 2015
Logic gotten(I think undecided).... Drawn ....
Animation and select the size of the box next... IF NEPA (oops PHCN) no take light.. embarassed

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 3:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Seun:
If you've been following the Greek debt crisis, you may have encountered their new finance minister's upstanding and ballsy signature:

Can you write a program to simulate the signing of that signature at any size?

Your program should allow the user to select the size of the box within which the signature should be signed, and then it should simulate the signing of the signature manually within the box, as if a person is signing it with a black biro. The resulting signatures should be smoothly anti-aliased, just like the original signature above, and it should be sized to fill the user-specified box while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.

You can use Javascript, any JVM language, or Python. Upload as a zip file (yourusername.zip). The writer of the first good entry wins N10k.

hmmm.. How do we "Upload" our solutions ?? need to upload my solution to know if i'm on the right path not to waste my time and energy oo.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 4:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Progress..(I think undecided)

2 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2015
Animation done... (I Think undecided)... struggling with aspect ratio and resize.

CC: Seun
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by fattbabakay(m): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Python will do dis tin na... #NoTime
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 10:35am On Jul 16, 2015
seunthomas:
If yes pick your language of choice. Also do you want the signature generated animated like a person signing the signature?
Yes, it should be animated but you dont need to show the person signing it or the pen. The pen should just be a dot.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 16, 2015
As I read the post, I was about to start coding immediately for 100k - only to discover that my glasses was deceiving me. . . . .i wish the winner well (if there is one)
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by fretfingers: 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
CUM4WHAT:

Its NOT about the money... (A programers joy is in creating effective solution to problems).
Some can code but lack simple ideas.
If u can, u should cuz at the end u might realise d tins u can do with it later on in ur coding adventure!

Plus many here would learn from you.

I know the only reason why he added the money thing is just because in this part of the world, money is our "first" moltivation!!!

3 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by fretfingers: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
dhtml18:
As I read the post, I was about to start coding immediately for 100k - only to discover that my glasses was deceiving me. . . . .i wish the winner well (if there is one)

Lol... 100k for a signature! Hehe... Iffahear... D money is just to moltivate pple...

He meant no harm! Just for moltivation...

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 2:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
"My Solution" grin grin grin cool cool cool... File Attached ... (Jacob05.zip)

Cc: Seun for your review

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
jacob05:

u got it wow! We got a winner
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by rahdio: 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
Whoa. winning entry there. Doing this in Java was more tricky than I thought.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
jacob05:

how did you do it .
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by rahdio: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
An attempt. Got lazy towards the end. Where Seun?? Winner don show na. grin

jacob05, congrats.. wink

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
rahdio:
An attempt. Got lazy towards the end. Where Seun?? Winner don show na. grin

jacob05, congrats.. wink
your code be like geometry .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Php/mysql Pin And Serial Number Generation Script / What Programming Languages Do I Need To Design A Site Like Nairaland? / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.