Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. (5200 Views)

A Review Of "Freedom" Enjoyed Under Goodluck Jonathan. / '$1Billion Was Stolen Every Month Under Goodluck Jonathan' - Emir Sanusi / How Did The Dollar Manage To Stay At N170 For 4 Years Under Goodluck Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenka(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2015
PassingShot:
Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun, this is a well written article deserving of FP. It offers people some insight into what we could have achieved if not for mismanagement.
Absolutely!!

What I discovered was that a mere mention of figures hardly do justice to the magnitude of corruption, but when evidences are shown as to what might have been had those monies been put to good use, the picture becomes clearer. That is the idea behind this thread.

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by YoruBanger: 11:27am On Jul 15, 2015
eph12:

Actually no matter how long the latrine has been used cleaning it shouldn't take more than few hours cool

Clever comeback. Maybe comparing PDP's 16-years of misrule to the challenge of cleaning out an overused latrine may not be exactly allegorical. But look at it this way (get ready coz this might gross you out grin), for a latrine that's in continual use for 16-years without cleaning, first you need to clear the overflowing suckaway, then put on an astronaut's gear to even enter the space. Just the mere sight of the latrine, with flies all over the place, would knock-you-out cold! Dude, you best believe that shyt ain't gonna be pretty, and I bet you it's gonna take some sweet ol' time cleaning all that mess. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2015
Vintage omenka.

Your opportunity cost approach lays bare the evils of corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by eph12(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2015
YoruBanger:

Clever comeback. Maybe comparing PDP's 16-years of misrule to the challenge of cleaning out an overused latrine may not be exactly allegorical. But look at it this way (get ready coz this might gross you out grin), for a latrine that's in continual use for 16-years without cleaning, first you need to clear the overflowing suckaway, then put on an astronaut's gear to even enter the space. Just the mere sight of the latrine, with flies all over the place, would knock-you-out cold! Dude, you best believe that shyt ain't gonna be pretty, and I bet you it's gonna take some sweet ol' time cleaning all that mess. grin grin
Bla bla bla tongue but it still wouldn't take more than 24hrs grin
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by poiZon: 11:46am On Jul 15, 2015
omenka:
What Abacha or any other government for that matter stole pales in comparism to the wanton theft that was pervasive under Jonathan.

If a government deserves a medal of honour for incompetence and corruption, none other would be so deserving than Jonathan's.
so u now justified d corruption under abacha n buhari millitary days?
Ever since u lots tagged gej all sorta names, has it change d fact that nigeria is still depending on niger delta resources?
Has it change who u r, ranting all day long without any bearings? does it change d fact that we r still importing toothpicks n patronisng foreign made goods? Even if u tagged gej king of cluelessness n corruption, it wont change who n whr he has attained. He was a onetime president of nigeria, his name will always be in d history books n no idiots can erase it unless naija gets balkanise.
Stop ranting n go get a life, let buhari n the differnt authorities do the probing. If gej is culpable he will answer for his deeds.
Also u posted articles of projects in abroad without listing the dates it was started n completed.
Dont u think dollars isnt a stable commodity, it rise, fall n re rise at random. Hw do we reconcile the true nature of wht was spent n how much d dollar was then n ur bogus figures u hypocritically post just to score cheap points?
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The existence of corruption is human nature but the President is not bound under any obligation to take responsibility for them.

The Law enforcement agencies and our Judiciary should be strengthen as credible institutions to function independent of politicians.

Nigerian Politics goes beyond mere permutations into settlement of individual, regional and religious interests hence the impediments and obstacles in fighting corruption.

As Gov. Amaechi said, if Jonathan had won second term, he will be spending the rest of his life in prison. However, he is now confident that no amount of corruption unraveled under/from his watch (administration) will make him go to jail.

This is Nigeria for you and I.
You claim law enforcement should be strengthened to fight corruption, what were EFCC and ICPC like under Jonathan, Ngwakwe? Jonathan was a disaster to the Nigerian state. He was a curse.

3 Likes

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2015
penisilin:
I felt like it was God's judgment on Nigerians to make Jonathan our president for those horrible 4 wasted years. But we must continue praying for the new FG not to drink from thesame cup of intoxicating wine with Jonathan and cohorts. Phewwww!
I will never wish my enemy to be in any organization a person like Jonathan is heading.

2 Likes

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Change2015(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
eph12:

But it's the so called authorities that are coming to complain and cry in the media instead of taking them to court or submitting evidences in their possession to the appropriate agency. It shows these accusations are just from permutations and combinations.

You are mistaken. What is the point of the media if they do not go after some sensational stories? What would make you buy one newspaper over the other? It is in their commercial interest to find stories that will sell so they are always on the lookout for what the public considers juicy salacious scandalous etc. The authorities are duty bound to also provide lawful information to the press, and it also serves their interest to show what they do well. All said, the courts will perform their role and the principle there is that justice must be seen to be done, so trials are public matters and journalists will observe and comment. Everyone has their role to play, and it is essential that criminals and people with unexplained wealth are not glorified in the media or by society.
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Mamaflex(f): 1:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Waiting for barcanista counter-thread grin
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by GOATandYAMtheory: 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Mamaflex:
Waiting for barcanista counter-thread grin
the guy will only concoct rubbish as usual jst to please his ilks.

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by GOATandYAMtheory: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
Considering the way Jonathan and friends raped Nigeria, I would have given up on her if another person other than Buhari had continued from where the drunkard stopped.

As usual, Great work Omenka!

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2015
Their masters have been in power for over 6 weeks, yet all we've seen is confusion everywhere. Meanwhile, the arslickers and sycophants are here ranting as if they're still in opposition. Yeye dey smell!
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Rilwayne001: 1:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
Following**
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenka(m): 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
poiZon:

Ever since u lots tagged gej all sorta names, has it change d fact that nigeria is still depending on niger delta resources?
Has it change who u r, ranting all day long without any bearings? does it change d fact that we r still importing toothpicks n patronisng foreign made goods? Even if u tagged gej king of cluelessness n corruption, it wont change who n whr he has attained. He was a onetime president of nigeria, his name will always be in d history books n no idiots can erase it unless naija gets balkanise.
Stop ranting n go get a life, let buhari n the differnt authorities do the probing. If gej is culpable he will answer for his deeds.
Also u posted articles of projects in abroad without listing the dates it was started n completed.
Dont u think dollars isnt a stable commodity, it rise, fall n re rise at random. Hw do we reconcile the true nature of wht was spent n how much d dollar was then n ur bogus figures u hypocritically post just to score cheap points?
Much as I find it useless responding to ignoramuses like you, one thing I'd want you to do- go look up the meaning of the word "justify". How did my comment justify stealing under Abacha's era?? I said "compared" to Jonathan, Abacha stole little. How is that a justification??

Mtscheew.
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Realisticman: 2:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
Op,you have done a great work.
It is slave mentality that drives us to the stage we are today.
Look at Stella who after involving in a bullet proof scam is voted to the red chamber of the national assembly to make law for us.

2 Likes

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Ahmed4002(m): 2:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
Mamaflex:
Waiting for bacanista counter-thread grin

one thing I love about the pro-Apc team they don't brag or call anti Apc to come see a thread created.

kudos omenka.

2 Likes

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Wildrage: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
A mind saturated with hate is inherently incapable of objectivity, since when has every asinine allegation become irrefutable truth?
I am all for thorough investigation of all allegations and who so ever is found to have stolen from the commonwealth, punished and the loot recovered.

It is heartwarming that those who have trumpeted these allegations are now saddled with leadership, with all the powers to "justly" right the wrongs and plug all the financial loopholes they saw when they were in opposition. With the holes plugged, we should not feel the effect of the 40% drop in oil price since its alleged that as much as was budgeted were stolen under GEJ. In a few month we expect the value of Naira to appreciate to the pre-oil crisis level, the states allocation should also increase to the pre crisis period and external reserve adequately funding our imports as it used to be. After 4yrs, we hope we'd have a hospital of the standard of John Hopkins, motorable rds all over the country and at least 40,000MW of power generation and distribution.

With the alleged massive looting under GEJ , we still saw a lot of developmental projects initiated and completed, this inspite of the contrived war in the north for the whole period he was at the helm of affairs. With the holes plugged we expect this govt to quadruple the achievements under Gej.
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by abagoro(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wildrage:
A mind saturated with hate is inherently incapable of objectivity, since when has every asinine allegation become irrefutable truth?
I am all for thorough investigation of all allegations and who so ever is found to have stolen from the commonwealth, punished and the loot recovered.

It is heartwarming that those who have trumpeted these allegations are now saddled with leadership, with all the powers to "justly" right the wrongs and plug all the financial loopholes they saw when they were in opposition. With the holes plugged, we should not feel the effect of the 40% drop in oil price since its alleged that as much as was budgeted were stolen under GEJ. In a few month we expect the value of Naira to appreciate to the pre-oil crisis level, the states allocation should also increase to the pre crisis period and external reserve adequately funding our imports as it used to be. After 4yrs, we hope we'd have a hospital of the standard of John Hopkins, motorable rds all over the country and at least 40,000MW of power generation and distribution.

With the alleged massive looting under GEJ , we still saw a lot of developmental projects initiated and completed, this inspite of the contrived war in the north for the whole period he was at the helm of affairs. With the holes plugged we expect this govt to quadruple the achievements under Gej.

Jonathan's years are the worst in Nigerian history. I know things will be tough for Buhari because of oil crisis but our institutions will work again. Have you seen Buhari hunting opposition State Governors like Jonathan? That alone is enough for me from Imo and Rivers States.

2 Likes

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Wildrage: 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
abagoro:

Jonathan's years are the worst in Nigerian history. I know things will be tough for Buhari because of oil crisis but our institutions will work again. Have you seen Buhari hunting opposition State Governors like Jonathan? That alone is enough for me from Imo and Rivers States.

Which institutions were working that GEj destroyed?

We had the freest judiciary under Gej with govt obeying court judgment

INEC became truly independent

The highest revenue ever generated by the Nigeria Custom service were under GEJ

Opposition blossomed and became robust

The press had absolute freedom/ FOI bill was passed

The era of Ghana must go in the national assembly became a distant memory

Pls tell me which opposition state governor was hunted under Gej?

2 Likes

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Caseless: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
omenka:
Cc: Midolian, Obiagelli, Caseless, Clerverly, Demdem, PassingShot, Beremx. Hope you guys have been good.

For the wailingwailers, your insults and inane rants are expected.
I heard the BVN-seeking drunkard is in abuja and trying to have Abdulsalam beg pmb on his behalf so he'd not be probed and, also citing agreement he had with them during the peace deal or accord.

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Caseless: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wildrage:

Which institutions were working that GEj destroyed?

We had the freest judiciary under Gej with govt obeying court judgment

INEC became truly independent

The highest revenue ever generated by the Nigeria Custom service were under GEJ

Opposition blossomed and became robust

The press had absolute freedom/ FOI bill was passed

The era of Ghana must go in the national assembly became a distant memory

Pls tell me which opposition state governor was hunted under Gej?
i believe you dont live in Nigeria cos if you do, you wont type this.
Under gej: court orders were 'flouted'.
The so called independent INEC was forced to postponed election.
Custom generated much and left nothing behind to show to commensurate this claim.
Opposition 'blossomed' indeed. Of course, the dss, military and police were willing tools against opposition members. They denied opposition members movement and freedom on the days of various elections held prior to the last.
What are u saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Kingspin(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
size40:
I became one of the happiest Nigerian to see GEJ removed from office through election. Am a Niger deltan and I hold no grudges for GEJ. But he is incompetent, weak and too corrupt.
One man cannot solve the country problems but with collective agreement we can. Watch it at the end of Buhari government we still be talking about the same thing. Go back to our history is yet to be rectify.
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by dustmalik: 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2015
This is an awesome articulated writeup. This truly deserves the front page.

Cc: lalasticlala Ishilove

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by omenka(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
Caseless:
I heard the BVN-seeking drunkard is in abuja and trying to have Abdulsalam beg pmb on his behalf so he'd not be probed and, also citing agreement he had with them during the peace deal or accord.
He's not seen anyfin yet. Only time will tell, and the tale isn't gonna be pleasant for him I can guarantee that.

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Wildrage: 6:33pm On Jul 15, 2015
Caseless:
i believe you dont live in Nigeria cos if you do, you wont type this.
Under gej: court orders were 'flouted'.
The so called independent INEC was forced to postponed election.
Custom generated much and left nothing behind to show to commensurate this claim.
Opposition 'blossomed' indeed. Of course, the dss, military and police were willing tools against opposition members. They denied opposition members movement and freedom on the days of various elections held prior to the last.
What are u saying?

That you say so does not make it so, back up your assertion with facts

The election was postponed to achieve an objective, for the records no life was needlessly lost to Boko Haram because of that postponement and the places where elections would not have held because of insecurity were able to vote and they voted massively for the opposition

Give us instances where judgment of courts were flouted

The money generated by customs were shared by all the tiers of government and until there is evidence to show the one that accrued to the fed govt was mismanaged, your allegation is baseless

Five gubernatorial elections were held under Gej and PDP won just one, so what's the essence of harassing opposition if it's aimed at rigging the election in PDP's favor?
Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by obi4eze(m): 6:40pm On Jul 15, 2015
Great job omenka. Many Nigerians are so sentimental and do not understand that GEJ cost us more than a fortune. What he deserves is a JAIL TERM.

He still remains the worst civilian president Nigeria ever had, a scam and fraud of a leader.

He is the worst mistake Nigerians made since we returned to democracy.

My major grievance against him is the depletion of our foreign reserves in the midst of oil boom.

God will judge him.

PMB on the move....

Slow and steady they say, wins the the race...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Caseless: 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
omenka:
He's not seen anyfin yet. Only time will tell, and the tale isn't gonna be pleasant for him I can guarantee that.
grin grin
apc will soon release some bombshell that will make people hate gej more like they promised us. I cant wait...

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Jesusloveyou: 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
The existence of corruption is human nature but the President is not bound under any obligation to take responsibility for them.

The Law enforcement agencies and our Judiciary should be strengthen as credible institutions to function independent of politicians.

Nigerian Politics goes beyond mere permutations into settlement of individual, regional and religious interests hence the impediments and obstacles in fighting corruption.

As Gov. Amaechi said, if Jonathan had won second term, he will be spending the rest of his life in prison. However, he is now confident that no amount of corruption unraveled under/from his watch (administration) will make him go to jail.

This is Nigeria for you and I.
is that d reason gej is corrupt and decide to sell us to his cronies and cabal?

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by Jesusloveyou: 8:43pm On Jul 15, 2015
poiZon:

Has it change who u r, ranting all day long without any bearings?tagged gej king of cluelessness n corruption, it wont change who n whr he has attained. He was a onetime president of nigeria, his name will always be in d history books n no idiots can erase it unless naija gets balkanise.
did u know what u are saying? See how u pple ridicule ur hero, importing toothpick,

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by mmrius(m): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
The points highlighted on this thread should be printed and sent to the Presidency. They need to take a cue from it and implement one or two of the suggestion.

I strongly believe Nigeria will be great again and PDP will have nothing to do with it.

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by BB013(m): 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Am surprised this well articulated piece hasn't made front page.

Omenka kudo to u for a job well done

This is wot barca is supposed to do but his bloked brain won't allow him

1 Like

Re: Opportunity Cost Of Corruption Under Goodluck Jonathan. by arewafederation: 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2015
I wonder how long it will take the mods to move this wonderful piece to front page.

Nice write up Omenka. This is one of the most intelligent post I have seen recently on NL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WHY AMAECHI IS A GONER (INTEGRITY GROUP DEFENSE AT THE SENATE) / Rampaging Avengers Blow Up 3 More Oil Facilities, Attack Surveillance Team / 2 People Shot Dead By Soldiers In Aba this morning [VIDEO/PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.