Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. (1232 Views)

Car Battery Issues Need Urgent Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by phraoh(m): 1:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hi all,

Please for the car enthusiast and mechanics in the house, i need your input.

I own an Infiniti QX56 vehicle and for a while now i noticed that if i use it for say a straight 1hr or more drive, the temperature just starts rising, also further minutes down the line, all the indicators on the the dashboard will go flat except for the fuel gauge. This flatness last for a few mins before they start working again but sometimes when they come up, i will then realise that the temperature has gone so far up.

Now i have taken it to my mechanic and the electrician, they have checked everything, the fan is perfect, they even changed the cover of the radiator and touched the fuses etc but they cant find out the reason for such overheating most especially.

Infact because of this i have restricted the use of the vehicle for only short distance journey like church etc, even at that, i pray there will be no traffic, cos thats when the temperature will like to feel like it will embarrass me.

Please what can possibly be wrong?

Cheers all.
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
Could be anything. Is the SES light on? Have you checked the thermostat? There could also be a short on the grounds somewhere. What's the mileage on the vehicle? Fuses may still need to be checked beyond "touching."
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by bravolad(m): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
phraoh:
Hi all,
Please for the car enthusiast and mechanics in the house, i need your input.
I own an Infiniti QX56 vehicle and for a while now i noticed that if i use it for say a straight 1hr or more drive, the temperature just starts rising, also further minutes down the line, all the indicators on the the dashboard will go flat except for the fuel gauge. This flatness last for a few mins before they start working again but sometimes when they come up, i will then realise that the temperature has gone so far up.
Now i have taken it to my mechanic and the electrician, they have checked everything, the fan is perfect, they even changed the cover of the radiator and touched the fuses etc but they cant find out the reason for such overheating most especially.
Infact because of this i have restricted the use of the vehicle for only short distance journey like church etc, even at that, i pray there will be no traffic, cos thats when the temperature will like to feel like it will embarrass me.
Please what can possibly be wrong?
Cheers all.

One way to find lasting solution is to Scan the vehicle first to identify possible cause & paste resultant codes here thereafter
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by phraoh(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2015
Costee:
Could be anything. Is the SES light on? Have you checked the thermostat? There could also be a short on the grounds somewhere. What's the mileage on the vehicle? Fuses may still need to be checked beyond "touching."
Costee:

Will get the mileage when i get home but no SES light is on though sometimes, some lights can just come on ,on its own.

bravolad:

One way to find lasting solution is to Scan the vehicle first to identify possible cause & paste resultant codes here thereafter

Will ask the mechanic to get some codes for me next time am at his workshop.
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by mayor2013: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2015
A scan would not reveal an over heating issue. Carry out a coolant pressure test. You could have a blown head gasket to a leak some where in your cooling system. If you need a permanent fix call 08156087872 or 08165520837 if in lagos
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 15, 2015
phraoh:

Will get the mileage when i get home...
This may be far-fetched, but I've read of instances (in Nissan Maxima) in which overheating is caused by worn-out spark plugs.You may explore that angle too especially if your vehicle has a high mileage.
http://my6thgen.org/f266/overheating-long-drives-still-19964/
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by mayor2013: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
Yes spark plugs can cause over heating if not well to torque to the manufacturer's torque rating
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by phraoh(m): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks Mayor and Costee...will try out your suggestion..

But where is your workshop Mayor?
Re: Infinit QX56 Issues: Need Help. by mayor2013: 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
phraoh:
Thanks Mayor and Costee...will try out your suggestion..

But where is your workshop Mayor?

We are located @ 13 Alhaji yekini olarewaju Akesan Igando road Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Sienna For 650k? / Innoson Vehicles Manufactures Made In Nigeria Luxury SUV / Advisable To Convert Automatic Vehicle To Manual Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.