Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business (63324 Views)

Cheap Palm And Groundnut Oil / Hybrid Seedlings Of Cocoa, Oil Palm And Plantain For Sale / 400-500 Kg/h Automatic Cashew Shell And Kernel Separating Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
A lot been said and done under a palm tree.

Some of us grew up around them without any knowledge of the gold mine we took for granted. You might ask, what gold mine? Oh just a N57 Billion industry that keeps waxing strong year in year out.

A business that produces things like our beloved Gbanga soup, palm oil for our others soups, palm kernel oil for our soaps and creams. And a list of other stuff. From animals feeds, to roofing materials and the latest, brake pads.

Don’t blame yourself, even I didn’t know also.

It took a crazy ass decision on my part and the massive help of an uncle, for me to give up the city life and a job as a sales executive in Standard Alliance in 2008. To head back to the village, just to understand this “Old Men’s Business” as they called it then.

And boy was it an eye opener.

In two months, i made over 3 million naira supplying palm kernel, with an initial start-up capital of N684,000. There I was thinking to myself, no wonder its call “old man’s business”.

Some of you know what I am talking about. You grew up with your grandfather or aunty or uncle, who owned large expanse land with a palm plantation, as far as the eyes could see. But of late, everyone else has moved off to the big city. Once a year you head back home, only to use the trees as shade or a lovers spot.

Dude like seriously, that part of a N57 Billion business you are letting go to waste.

So what should you do?

What if I were to take by hand literally and show you what business you can do with the below mentioned palm products.

Palm oil (Red oil)
Palm kernel oil
From Planting, harvesting, milling and supplying of palm oil, palm kernel palm oil to markets and companies around the country from Lagos to Port harcourt.

I will show you how you can get started in these areas
Palm oil production and supply
Palm Kernel production and supply
Palm kernel oil production and supply
What to do with kernel shells and Chaff.
How you can make money on each
The places to go for the products
Which times of the year is best to do business,
Which companies to supply your product.
Plus where to find an export market for your product.

About now you are wondering.

Why in the hell would he be doing this?

Obviously there is a caught?

My reasons, I have had a lot of calls over the years from people asking me about how I got started where I supplied to where I got my products. In each case I have given them the details without asking for a penny.

This is my way of putting it all out there so people can easily get at the information they need rather than always calling me about it.

Secondly, a lot of other people tend to be cryptic, about giving information about this business. They tend to ask you to pays a sum or the other. Heck, you are eventually going to find out the truths and dark secrets of the trade once you get started, why not get to know about it earlier so one can make an informed decision.

I will be posting a list of business opportunities that palm offers. Check back here Palm Permtations http://the-ahamefulas.com/the-palm-permutation

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ekamavictor(m): 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nice one op, followin closely
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 8:41am On Jul 16, 2015
ekamavictor:
Nice one op, followin closely

Thanks bro, I hope I can provide details with the help of other palm dealers here.

If you have a question about any aspect of palm.
Be it
Palm oil
Palm kernel oil
Or
Palm kernel.

Do ask.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ekamavictor(m): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
brianromel:

Thanks bro, I hope I can provide details with the help of other palm dealers here.

If you have a question about any aspect of palm.
Be it
Palm oil
Palm kernel oil

What's ur location, can we do biz? Sellin oil in lagos. How lucrative is it?
Or
Palm kernel.

Do ask.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ekamavictor(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2015
[/color]
ekamavictor:
[color=#006600]

Bro, how lucrative can selling oil in lagos be?
What's ur location also and hw can someone hit dis potential running.
Ur suggestion will be valuable.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 9:23am On Jul 16, 2015
ekamavictor:
[color=#000099][/color]

Hi victor

It's as lucrative as you can find company's that buy oleum and at the right prices.

A lot of people tend to forget that palm kernel oil is used in producing some soaps, creams, paint and cooking oil

The question now becomes how many companies in lagos produce soaps, creams, paint and cooking oil.

Once you have answered that, then you have your market in lagos.

I run my stuff around elele and risen palm in rivers state. Supply to ph, and some other coys in Onitsha.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ekamavictor(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
brianromel:

Hi victor

It's as lucrative as you can find company's that buy oleum and at the right prices.

A lot of people tend to forget that palm kernel oil is used in producing some soaps, creams, paint and cooking oil

The question now becomes how many companies in lagos produce soaps, creams, paint and cooking oil.

Once you have answered that, then you have your market in lagos.

I run my stuff around elele and risen palm in rivers state. Supply to ph, and some other coys in Onitsha.

I am intrested in red palm oil not PKO. How can I queue into it. How much can 20 ltrs be sold, get me d price let me find out from here in lag who knows, I cld buy.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ibangs(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
@ Op Now I believe completely in the law of attraction without any reservation.

Op first of all, I want to commend you for deciding to give out information on the production of palm produce and how to run the business successfully.

Its quite interesting for us the intended entrepreneur who have decided to go into the business(palm oil production) because we are not only going learn from you the intricate behind the business but also stand on your shoulder to achieve the much needed success which ultimately would help tilt our nation towards gaining back her lost glory in the industry.

I intend going into palm oil production, and there are few things I want to be very clear about before starting because even as I want to start small and grow with time, I want to make sure that drudgery in the production process is reduce to the barest minimum.

Here are the few things I want to find out:
1) Do we have a motorized/auto press machine here in Nigeria that expel red palm oil from the fiber after digestion?

2) Do we have locally fabricated machine that can handle nut fiber separation?

3) What's the minimum capital require to start up(modern small scale), if one has the land/building already?

Much gratitude as I look forward to seeing your response.

Regards!
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by stankezzy: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
ibangs:

Op first of all, I want to commend you for deciding to give out information on the production of palm produce and how to run the business successfully.

Its quite interesting for us the intended entrepreneur who have decided to go into the business(palm oil production) because we are not only going learn from you the intricate behind the business but also stand on your shoulder to achieve the much needed success which ultimately would help tilt our nation towards gaining back her lost glory in the industry.

I intend going into palm oil production, and there are few things I want to be very clear about before starting because even as I want to start small and grow with time, I want to make sure that drudgery in the production process is reduce to the barest minimum.

1) Do we have a motorized/auto press machine here in Nigeria that expel red palm oil from the fiber after digestion?

3) What's the minimum capital require to start up(modern small scale), if one has the land/building already?

Regards!
yes we do have all of d above , I have a guy that wants to sell all his machines cos he has relocated.if interested email/PM me , stanleyhills24@gmail.com
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 1:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
ekamavictor:
[color=#990000][/color]

I am intrested in red palm oil not PKO. How can I queue into it. How much can 20 ltrs be sold, get me d price let me find out from here in lag who knows, I cld buy.

Wow red oil. not my area but let me ask around.

Will sunday be ok for you.

i should have feed back by then.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
ibangs:

Regards!

Hello Ibangs

And happy Ramadan to you.

For a motorized auto press, i have rarely seen that, but i am not saying it not available here. What i have seen are manual press machine, i saw an automated press machine sometime last year at a mill near owerri international irport junction, so its not fairly common like that.

When you say nut to fibre separation do you mean without expelling the oil. if so, thats a new one on me, boy i would love to see that. It would really make the process of getting palm kernel cleaner. Cos we wouldn't have to worry about the chaff.

For a modern small scale startup projection. I believe what your looking at is starting with the above mentioned machinery, right. i believe the price for the automated press depends on whether its fabricated locally or imported. the one i say at owerri was a local fabrication the guy that owned it said cost him N400k. But i would say he was over estimating. look at between 190-300k. As for foreign imports, they usualy range higher than N1 million. But to help, there is an Agro expo that usually happens at eko hotel and federal palace in lagos during the september october. A friend of mine says they usually selling agro machinary for cheaps there. so that another option to check out http://www.agrikexpo.com/

Still i will see what i make enquires and see what i can find for you.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by WAJW: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
brianromel:

i should have feed back by then.
I am also interested in this palm oil business and I am thinking of starting soon with my little capital. Although, I will not be producing yet but I am going into the supply aspect. Please give of the necessary info that we need to know.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Panelbeater(m): 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
I am from the rural palm oil producing area of okitipupa in Ondo state. I can supply the red oil in bulk quantity.
Vitafitng@gmail.com
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by Arcard(m): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
guys visit ds site its da bomb in business advice WealthResult.com
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by valony(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
ekamavictor:
[color=#000099][/color]

I can get you quality palm oil from Edo and Imo states directly to your location in Lagos, at a very good price. Let me know if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
WAJW:

I am also interested in this palm oil business and I am thinking of starting soon with my little capital. Although, I will not be producing yet but I am going into the supply aspect. Please give of the necessary info that we need to know.

Hi Waj

Its good that your interested in Palm Oil business.

Supply is the way to go if you have small capital as you say. I started with palm kernel supply because someone showed me companies to supply in Port harcourt.

My advice to you is before you start find out.

1.What particular area you want to start, Palm Oil or palm Kernel Oil.
2.Find the market for either one of them you choice(Like i said, i first found a market before i bough my first 11 tons of kernel)
3. Once you see a market, find their buying price and the cost for you to source the product and deliver.
4.Plan you delivery logistics(This wounded me initiately because i didn't always calculate the cost of delivery to the market and other logistics. I was seemed to be having constants losses till i learnt cry )
5. Finally buy you first product and supply to your market.(As you can see from the thread so far, a lot of sellers are looking for you already wink ).

ooh almost forgot

6. This should be 5(which ever). This is the most important one, learn to look for the tricks of the trade(Seems almost every business has it).These are the tricks that seller and some companies will use to try and swindle you, or short sell you. they range from
a.False bottoms in oil drum
b.Faulty measuring scales
c.Leaky packing bags
d. Mixing chaff and shells in already sieved kernel just to make it appear there is more kernel
e. Kernel with more water content than oil(This happens particularly during the rainny periods,)
e.Hidden holes in delivery trucks(This ones my all time eye opener shocked when i first started. You load a truck with 12tonnes and they offload 9 and and get only 6 tonnes at they weight your kernel at the company your selling too.{them carry me do shine shine well well} )

The thing about the above is, as a new person to supply "EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN". You learn about them and get better at spotting them as you keep supplying.

Thats if you choose to go into palm kernel supply.

Hope this helps

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2015
ibangs:

Regards!

Hi again

I asked a friend of mine in ministry of agriculture. he said that he will get me a list of companies that fabricate palm kernel presses.

Hopefully that will be by tuesday, hope thats ok for you.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by WAJW: 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
brianromel:

Hi Waj

Its good that your interested in Palm Oil business.

Supply is the way to go if you have small capital as you say. I started with palm kernel supply because someone showed me companies to supply in Port harcourt.

My advice to you is before you start find out.

1.What particular area you want to start, Palm Oil or palm Kernel Oil.
2.Find the market for either one of them you choice(Like i said, i first found a market before i bough my first 11 tons of kernel)
3. Once you see a market, find their buying price and the cost for you to source the product and deliver.
4.Plan you delivery logistics(This wounded me initiately because i didn't always calculate the cost of delivery to the market and other logistics. I was seemed to be having constants losses till i learnt cry )
5. Finally buy you first product and supply to your market.(As you can see from the thread so far, a lot of sellers are looking for you already wink ).

ooh almost forgot

6. This should be 5(which ever). This is the most important one, learn to look for the tricks of the trade(Seems almost every business has it).These are the tricks that seller and some companies will use to try and swindle you, or short sell you. they range from
a.False bottoms in oil drum
b.Faulty measuring scales
c.Leaky packing bags
d. Mixing chaff and shells in already sieved kernel just to make it appear there is more kernel
e. Kernel with more water content than oil(This happens particularly during the rainny periods,)
e.Hidden holes in delivery trucks(This ones my all time eye opener shocked when i first started. You load a truck with 12tonnes and they offload 9 and and get only 6 tonnes at they weight your kernel at the company your selling too.{them carry me do shine shine well well} )

The thing about the above is, as a new person to supply "EXPECT IT TO HAPPEN". You learn about them and get better at spotting them as you keep supplying.

Thats if you choose to go into palm kernel supply.

Hope this helps

Its a nice one. But are you saying there is more profit in palm kernel than palm oil? I am just looking at the one that best turn out.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 9:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
WAJW:

Its a nice one. But are you saying there is more profit in palm kernel than palm oil? I am just looking at the one that best turn out.

Hi Waj

Truth be told, I am speaking from my area of expertise.
But that's not to say that there isn't more profits to be had in palm oil. It's all about how much you start with.

E. G I started with 680k and gradually moved to over 3miliion in 3 months.

This can also be duplicated in palm oil.

But it all depends on the size of your market and how much you start with.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ekamavictor(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=brianromel post=35966236]

i should have feed back by then.[/qu
Sunday would be ok sir.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ghettodreamz(m): 2:08am On Jul 19, 2015
brianromel:

Hi Waj

Truth be told, I am speaking from my area of expertise.
But that's not to say that there isn't more profits to be had in palm oil. It's all about how much you start with.

E. G I started with 680k and gradually moved to over 3miliion in 3 months.

This can also be duplicated in palm oil.

But it all depends on the size of your market and how much you start with.

So, does that mean you only serve as a middleman between producers and the company that depend on these as raw materials for the final productions of their products? In another words, you buy from local farmers or farm owners, source for list of companies and sell to them.

When you said Palm Kernel, are you referring to buying of only Palm Kernel in their raw form and supplying to manufacturers or companies who depend on this for the making of their finished products? Or are you talking about productions of Palm Kernel Oil (P.K.O), which involves the process of sourcing of Palm Kernels from farmers, and going into productions and selling the produced oil to the manufacturing companies for the productions of their finished products?

Please, I will appreciate if you can approach these for further clarifications.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by MyParadise(m): 6:53am On Jul 19, 2015
i love this
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by jaydee87(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2015
Panelbeater:
I am from the rural palm oil producing area of okitipupa in Ondo state. I can supply the red oil in bulk quantity.
Vitafitng@gmail.com
good morning pls ho much do u sell ur gallon u can send me ur price jidedada2000@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2015
ghettodreamz:

So, does that mean you only serve as a middleman between producers and the company that depend on these as raw materials for the final productions of their products? In another words, you buy from local farmers or farm owners, source for list of companies and sell to them.

When you said Palm Kernel, are you referring to buying of only Palm Kernel in their raw form and supplying to manufacturers or companies who depend on this for the making of their finished products? Or are you talking about productions of Palm Kernel Oil (P.K.O), which involves the process of sourcing of Palm Kernels from farmers, and going into productions and selling the produced oil to the manufacturing companies for the productions of their finished products?

Please, I will appreciate if you can approach these for further clarifications.

Hi dream.

I buy palm kernel from farmers and mills and sell to companies and individuals who process it for oil.

But might I ask, which area do you specialise in.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by skyisthelimit(m): 11:25am On Jul 19, 2015
hello Brianromel...what if I intend to go into d farming aspect..because I understand long term,it is a great option...and yes I can wait..I live and work in lagos but thinking about areas I can get fertile land suitable for its growth and nearness to market..I need all the education I can get cos I have an idea of the many derivatives of palm both within and outside the country.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by ghettodreamz(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2015
brianromel:

Hi dream.

I buy palm kernel from farmers and mills and sell to companies and individuals who process it for oil.

But might I ask, which area do you specialise in.

I am not into any form of Agribusiness for now. At the same time, I'm eyeing the potential and opportunities that lies in it for future investments purpose(s). So, I need as much information as possible I could get before venturing into it. So, your market focus is only within the South East and South South regions, I guess?

Is your chosen field of practice labour-intensive? Any information on where to locate farmers who sell in large quantities and companies one can sell to within the South Western region?
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by slimtik(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
BrianRomel God will bless u for the expose on palm kernel business. It's high time young able bodied men and women in Nigeria look at other means of survival & stop relying on bogus contracts, hustling et al. I'm currently about to start supplies of palm oil and will also like to get more info from you with respect to the palm kernel oil aspect of the business. Can u send me.ur details so we can discuss via WhatsApp or email. Hit me up on 08034726175 (WhatsApp). Thanks a lot bro

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2015
skyisthelimit:
hello Brianromel...what if I intend to go into d farming aspect..because I understand long term,it is a great option...and yes I can wait..I live and work in lagos but thinking about areas I can get fertile land suitable for its growth and nearness to market..I need all the education I can get cos I have an idea of the many derivatives of palm both within and outside the country.

Hi sky

My congrats on choosing to go it the long route, this is usually the most profitable, but as all businesses it comes with its own headache, and error.

For land you can look at area from Ibadan upwards to Benin and Asaba's. But best work with a friend who stays around these areas. Let him lead you to the traditional rulers or elders in his family or family around his that have lands. In terms of pricing this can vary from place to place. Some people say it's better to lease long term then buy. But that should be up to you.

After purchasing, you need to clear the land, buy palm seeds(I hear a brand called Tenera is also the rage now). The government use to have research centres where one can go to buy palm seeds, but I don't know if they are still operational. But you can go to palm plantations for that. Around here there are two, Adda palm and Risin palm.

When planting spacing is important, and spacing for good yield can range from 17ft-30ft, there is a general argument on this but most around here. space each seed at btw 15ft and 20ft.

You need to also take of weeds and rodents, but any zoology student you know can tell you what you need to watch out for(I ain't one).

Each seed takes between 4-5 years before the start producing palm fruits. And depend on the species when mature can yield you up to 30litre of palm oil a year.

Hope this helps sky,

But I will still try and get you more info and specifics on what you need to know to start.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by bigW(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2015
@ OP please I would like to understand more on this business, but I am not really grasping with all d writings, please can we talk one on one, for you to explain o me well about the whole business, and how I can start, please you can pm me your details and I would call.
Re: The Truth About Palm and Kernel Business by brianromel(m): 11:23am On Jul 21, 2015
bigW:
@ OP please I would like to understand more on this business, but I am not really grasping with all d writings, please can we talk one on one, for you to explain o me well about the whole business, and how I can start, please you can pm me your details and I would call.

Hi BigW

Thanks for wanting to take the step. Its because of you we are doing this topic.
I will always update it on various details pertaining to starting and what area to start.
If there is an area you want to start with, Please tell me about it and i will provide the details about it for you.

There is a reason i don't want to go into one on one discussion, because some people may look at it like i favour one person more than others.
Thus the reason why i reply each persons request.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers / Photo Of The Longest Yam In Nigeria Harvested In Delta State / Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.