Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104227 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by adedayourt(m): 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
Judolisco:
is Russia official language English

If WAEC was to mark dis statmnt I bet u wud rewrite english lang

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
what is d official language of russia? what is d official language of korea? if it's not english, den dont compare with naija cos our official language is english... maybe it's time for us to adopt pidgin english..most of us flow beta wen we speak pidgin.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by illiad: 11:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
LoveMachine:
Keep reaching. This is a foolish thread. Many Yankees in the northern USA couldn't understand Carter, Bush, nor Clinton. Regional accents are a reality. Let's not act like we all don't know that we sound funny to someone else. Let him work.

LOL

SUDDENLY THERE IS NO MORE MAKING FUN WITH there is GOD?

WHICH IS EVEN A PROPER ENGLISH BY ANY STANDARD

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
E even dey better say; make u, use hausa take speak. thr we go no say ur translator dey try.
abeg if u wan go see obama 4us make, u no speak english thr ooh! U better speak hausa-fulani, and make u no bring disgrace come home again.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Judolisco(m): 11:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
adedayourt:

If WAEC was to mark dis statmnt I bet u wud rewrite english lang
oh lecture me more pls
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Jul 15, 2015
Whichever way it sounds, he has the most powerful voice in Nigeria today. And whatever he says wether audible or not affects the whole Nigeria.

I have no problem hearing him well, same way I have no problem hearing well the Indians around me.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
Wetin u callam, many yankee. Ok , him go fit speak pigin?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by nortcentrallord(m): 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

All the president's you called don't have the English Language as the Lingua Franca they speak english only for business purpose but Nigeria does. That translates into the fact that buhari has been exposed to english since his days as a little boy in daura. If by now he cant speak simple english in clear terms, then it's a shame and a disgraceful thing. cheesy grin it is even more Shameful for you to defend him. You may be his ardent fan but sometimes, silence is better than speaking with no grounds of common sense.

4 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by kodded(m): 11:54pm On Jul 15, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Defending the indefensible.
that is a #BlindFollower for you
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by adedayourt(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
Judolisco:
oh lecture me more pls

Lecture u??

Just like dat??

Nd u dint talk bout fee??

Who does dat??
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 11:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
U dey even dey talk like buhari himself, na bi say na another person write ur waec 4u.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Khd95(m): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Abeg go and sit down, how can he move the country forward when he can not move his tongue properly.
GEJ dat could move his fluently nd efficiently what did he achieve
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Is English d lingua franca and official language of Russia and North Korea?

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by YabaLeftist: 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
I swear the last time I watched Buhari speak was in 2011, I think it was the presidential election debate. I couldn't understand more than 70 percent of what he was saying. His English accent was so horrible. That was one of the reasons I voted for Jonathan that year, cos I couldn't bear the thought of a president who can't speak intelligible English when he goes to UN conference.

I have not yet watched him on TV since then. I'm shocked to read he still speaks that way. This is really awkward. Obama will most definitely need an interpreter when Buhari pays him a visit.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Do not mind the idiot wey dey defend am, u sure him even pass him waec so!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Judolisco(m): 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
adedayourt:

Lecture u??

Just like dat??

Nd u dint talk bout fee??

Who does dat??
guy go nd sleep
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
What a national embarrassment.
hehe....wen ur broda wife dey talk her own,u no say na national disgrace ooo
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by OgeBabe1: 12:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Nigerians said they want CHANGE!! Its part of Ƭђε CHANGE naaa. Hahahaha!!!

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by udemzyudex(m): 12:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
. so the official language in north Korea is English abi? you and your president should be ashame yaselves ....

mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by successking: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2015
That's what you have when dolapo is the president

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2015
aflyingbird:
i agree. his English is quite good! he has good grammar and vocabulary too. if pple listen attentively, they will know. he just has a very strong accent

what you've just said brought me relief. everybody quoting me has just be raining insults on me, i jus don't understand why people fail to see the truth.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by godsfavoritee(m): 12:01am On Jul 16, 2015
He's still your number 1 citizen. walling waillers!!!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Khd95(m): 12:01am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Do you see when Obama, Holland, Cameron speaks?

Ur ignorance dy wear camouflage

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Clitoris777:
When you have an illiterate, terrorist and paedophile as president
Just because ur broda is d EX-President.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2015
He think say na manifesto wey them dey write give am.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2015
Ishilove:

Bad belle. Is it by grammar or by action? cheesy
na buhari turn...we all criticized patience. but I think dis is worse, patience didnt even need an interpreter. dats change

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ugogermany: 12:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Accents my foot,

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by lohresloco: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2015
But na patience jonathan own shey.
Oyind17:

Phockery leave our President alone, let him move the country forward, English is not his mother's tongue.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 16, 2015
Freemanan:

Chief you spoke well...
They can only hate.... Baba will Continue to deliver promises

brova, every mentions i've gotten on this thread is full of insults and castigation, i don't understand why people fail to see the truth.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by okonri(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2015
ice25:
my own is that his mouth keep shifting to the right when he talks and it distracts me

Lol

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by kodded(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2015
dukecharles:
[hypocrit like you, but you expected PEJ to speak Queens English... Now because PMB is involved, English is suddenly no longer our mothers tongue. Boko boys are killing, it doesn't matter again, Naira is 245 to a dollar, it doesn't matter again. Sahara Reports are suddenly mute. I am watching you guys with 3D..quote author=Oyind17 post=35898763]

Phockery leave our President alone, let him move the country forward, English is not his mother's tongue.
that is #BlindFollowers for you
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by HIPROFILE(m): 12:05am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

How could you see anything wrong with that Meanwhile u made lots of joke from PEJ gramer and its errors

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / Kashamu Begging Adebutu Kessignton ‘Baba Ijebu’ From Sick Bed (Leaked Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.