Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104254 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by 2tips: 12:44am On Jul 16, 2015
English is not my mother's tongue. Talk another joor..
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by elopee3000(m): 12:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba. May Amadiona soda ur yash Putin spoke Russian language buhari is from english country Nigeria so Putin 'will not care to speak English , Russians planes built for Russians the manual is in Russian language unless for export one which they can add English unless u people want to tell me there is a plane built by abooki which made buhari to be speaking like people from mali
#sai_buhari...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by dokunbam(m): 12:48am On Jul 16, 2015
Buhari again
pulling crowd since his first day on earth

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by pasol4real(m): 12:49am On Jul 16, 2015
No Wonder he is going to the usa with amaechi n the rest of them.
So they can serve as interpreters to Obama. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by laffytaffy1: 12:50am On Jul 16, 2015
This must be the best time to be a comedian in Nigeria, Buhari is creating so much comic materials for comedians. I think I'll quit my day job

and become a comedian.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by gozmok1(m): 12:52am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter
baba go slow am ashame of you.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ficodalo: 12:53am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by YabaLeftist: 12:55am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

there is something you need to understand, english is now a universal language, those countries i mentioned have their language as their primary language but they are also learning english becausd that's what the world understands generally. now buhari's primary language is also not english but he also learnt it as it has now become a neccesity to understand english. now my point is buhari, vladimir putin and kim jong-un primary languages are not english but they have their respective languages but they all have to learn english, so why castigate buhari for having a poor accent?

Well, you can't blame anyone for castigating the old man, cos this is simply appalling. This is the president with the worst accent Nigeria has ever had and it's totally unsettling. People are simply expressing their shock. It is simply shocking that when your president addresses you on TV, you will be struggling to grasp what he's saying. Most people can't make out 80 percent of what he's saying, if you're truthful to yourself you'll concur with that fact.

English is Nigeria's official language and the president must speak intelligible English.

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by SegunAdewole: 12:59am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Chei duara dullando don kill person ooooo. This government sef.

cc Keneking

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by deependemocracy: 1:01am On Jul 16, 2015
Its the message and its intent that matters....
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by yissi: 1:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

I really don't like replying people on nairaland, but it's obvious ypu need some enlightenment so you don't keep on wallowing in ignorance.

What's the official language in Russia?
What's the official language in North Korea?

For your information, Russian language is spoken in virtually all the CIS countries, some parts of China and some other Slavic countries. So why should Putin know or learn how to speak English? In addition, Vladmir Putin is among the top in the World in terms of oratory skills, and He also speaks German fluently.

The same thing goes with North Korea, is English their official language? why should you compare them to Buhari why has been living in an English speaking country for over 70 years.

I can't even believe your post was able to get over 100 likes.

P.S.
I support president Buhari and wish him well. I don't even mind if he has an accent.
I couldn't just stand the ignorance being propagated.

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by chidiebere2020(m): 1:09am On Jul 16, 2015
mainman7:
igbos are the most greedy and selfish set of people I've ever see. They occupied Jonathan's regime, and were kleptomanically busy looting Nigerian's treasury. They are now Power busy screaming biafra because Power has changed hand for few years. Very inconsiderate, selfish and insatiable sad souls. They want everything to themselves alone, that was why they planned the very first blood-letting coup in January 1966, it backfired and got Millions of them killed yet they didn't learn their lesson. Search for the real History of the first coup in Nigeria on Youtube.
In every hood, u folks hold shu-shu meeting like u r kind of endangered species. Sad souls, indeed u igbos r endangered, because every body HATES incorrigibly greedy people.
jobless fellow, lazy dirty tribalistic idiot
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Chigold101(m): 1:37am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
these men you mentioned have nothing to do with english language.
They dont even study English officially in their schools.
Just as we dont study french here officially...
Buhari has a very thick tongue... it affects him so much... many people do not understand him

3 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by CSTR2: 1:38am On Jul 16, 2015
fuccking disgrace.
I am still waiting for his first UN speech. I am sure it would be very entertaining.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Andyg: 1:39am On Jul 16, 2015
undecided

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Rubis(m): 1:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
Abi o
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by unigdh: 1:43am On Jul 16, 2015
I don't know how some people could be senseless, do you expect him to flush away his mother tongue because he wants to speak English or what or does the accent means hes is not speaking good English? GET SOME SENSE BRO. SOME OF YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH LIKE HIM.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cuteboy2: 1:44am On Jul 16, 2015
dunkem21:
Chineke ekwekwala ihe ojoo grin

Ha si na onye isi ala anyi agbajighi choku ka o foduzia itiwa sleti grin

Ka anyi choro ya interpreter "nwa DC"

..Ichoku grin

....Ichoku .. grin grin grin grin.

I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin

Poster please kindly tell the younger once born in the MTV age about this old hilarious NTA drama series that parodied the colonial era. Just remembering that village interpreter with his khaki shorts makes my ribs ache with laughter.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cuteboy2: 1:48am On Jul 16, 2015
jieta:
If we nigerians cant understand buhari english, i pity obama

Obama will simply put on his headphone to get the interpretation. chikena

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by dunkem21(m): 1:52am On Jul 16, 2015
cuteboy2:

....Ichoku .. grin grin grin grin.

I can't stop laughing. grin grin grin grin

Poster please kindly tell the younger once born in the MTV age about this old hilarious NTA drama series that parodied the colonial era. Just remembering that village interpreter with his khaki shorts makes my ribs ache with laughter.

The Picture you painted got me reeling on the floor with laughter ..

I can remember that guy telling the oyibo man "Mgbo piafukwa gi isi" grin

Ichoku na d bomb.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cuteboy2: 1:53am On Jul 16, 2015
pasol4real:
No Wonder he is going to the usa with amaechi n the rest of them.
So they can serve as interpreters to Obama. grin

Emeka Anyaoku dropped in at Aso Rock today to put in few words of advice as well.

You guys are just worrying yourselves for nothing. Buhari will do just fine

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by tpiadotcom: 1:55am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

someone is being paid to do that, what's your problem with it?

is it not better than being paid to come up with senseless photoshoots?

which job makes more sense?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by cuteboy2: 1:56am On Jul 16, 2015
dunkem21:

The Picture you painted got me reeling on the floor with laughter ..

I can remember that guy telling the oyibo man "Mgbo piafukwa gi isi" grin

Ichoku na d bomb.

Ichoku was the bomb grin grin

I wish someone can get NTA to re-run those programmes. It beats all these pointless Nollywood 2 a penny movies hands down.
Village Headmaster and Mirror in the Sun were also classics
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ChinoJeff: 1:56am On Jul 16, 2015
Thank God for this TV station cuz before now Buhari speeches used to boring cuz we just cant understand his version of english. Its a welcome development.

2 Likes

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Legit: 2:02am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
What a national embarrassment.
Why, bcus his accent is not like master english. When your master queen speak our language, then it would a shame. Many country are proud of their language, Japan, China, Russia, etc.. We are so tied to the slave master's language.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by dunkem21(m): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2015
cuteboy2:

Ichoku was the bomb grin grin

I wish someone can get NTA to re-run those programmes. It beats all these pointless Nollywood 2 a penny movies hands down.
Village Headmaster and Mirror in the Sun were also classics

Waoh ..Village headmaster ..grin

You be correct old skuuuuuul, bros.

I laugh in "Samanja" grin

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by finesthaykay(m): 2:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Ur papa dey village dey soak akamu,ur mate don build us 4 village sotey land don finish,Job u no get,change u no change,d only wages u get na 50 LIKES 4rm ur yeye comment on nl...Kontinu eh God is watchin u
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by kobonaire(m): 2:14am On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Do you see when Obama, Holland, Cameron speaks?
That's quite shallow ... English is after all their native language.
Note that the name is 'Hollande' and also you do not "see" when someone speaks, you listen.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Legit: 2:18am On Jul 16, 2015
yissi:

I really don't like replying people on nairaland, but it's obvious ypu need some enlightenment so you don't keep on wallowing in ignorance.

What's the official language in Russia?
What's the official language in North Korea?

For your information, Russian language is spoken in virtually all the CIS countries, some parts of China and some other Slavic countries. So why should Putin know or learn how to speak English? In addition, Vladmir Putin is among the top in the World in terms of oratory skills, and He also speaks German fluently.

The same thing goes with North Korea, is English their official language? why should you compare them to Buhari why has been living in an English speaking country for over 70 years.

I can't even believe your post was able to get over 100 likes.

P.S.
I support president Buhari and wish him well. I don't even mind if he has an accent.
I couldn't just stand the ignorance being propagated.
Nonsense, bcus English is an official language does mean is our father's tongue. We love all there foreign import more than ours. Same with our religion. Maybe we should make english our second language as a matter of pride, we can choose to speak wrongly if that happen, proper speaking queens language is not a sign of intelligence, just look at the richest people of the world. Stay with your oppressors language, but don't insult ppl bcus they didnt speak you master's language well.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by MUSA1980: 2:21am On Jul 16, 2015
Guys, don't forget that, even jonathan who a phd, his english flawed

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by skyfullofstars(f): 2:22am On Jul 16, 2015
Could be for deaf people who can't listen to what he's saying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.