Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere (7169 Views)

Top 10 Vacation Destinations And Attractions In Nigeria / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. / Koredo Bello having fun during is Vacation Holiday In Australia - ( Pics & Vid ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 7:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
A Black "crase-man" in Paris.
It was obvious that this dude had not taken a bath for ages, and yet, he was able to sleep in the open summer heat.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2015
Another black "crase-man" in an underground metro station

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
J

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by NaLaugh: 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Moana:
big ben is in London

25omega:
and lady liberty is in New York

I'll give you two the benefit of the doubt that you didn't comprehend the sentence.

Actually, when I first typed it, I wrote "Shots of, and around the Eifel Tower, Big Ben (London), Lady Liberty (New York) and such...."

However, on second thoughts, I felt specifying locations of landmarks (which are pretty much universal knowledge) was a little patronizing to the OP I responded to. Particularly since I know he is well traveled as well.

That said, the sentence only meant the Eifel tower "and such" other landmarks (worldwide - Big Ben, Lady Liberty etc) result in generic photography.
The goal was to get him to take images of less popular parts of the city.

Considering I live really close to New York City, and spend a lot of weekends there, it would be insanity to not know where Lady Liberty lived.

On a lighter note, since Lady Liberty was sculpted in France, shipped and gifted to us by France, technically she is from France grin

2 Likes

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Moana(f): 3:54am On Jul 17, 2015
NaLaugh:

I'll give you two the benefit of the doubt that you didn't comprehend the sentence.

Actually, when I first typed it, I wrote "Shots of, and around the Eifel Tower, Big Ben (London), Lady Liberty (New York) and such...."

However, on second thoughts, I felt specifying locations of landmarks (which are pretty much universal knowledge) was a little patronizing to the OP I responded to. Particularly since I know he is well traveled as well.

That said, the sentence only meant the Eifel tower "and such" other landmarks (worldwide - Big Ben, Lady Liberty etc) result in generic photography.
The goal was to get him to take images of less popular parts of the city.

Considering I live really close to New York City, and spend a lot of weekends there, it would be insanity to not know where Lady Liberty lived.

On a lighter note, since Lady Liberty was sculpted in France, shipped and gifted to us by France, technically she is from France grin

Technically you cannot snap pinshure of a statue in New York from Paris grin but i guess he could take pictures of the smaller statue that's in Paris...

Issokay no need to give us your life story, we know you know that Big Ben is in London lipsrsealed grin

Vicjustice snap sydney opera house from inside for us, make we see em grin grin grin lipsrsealed

anyway lets not derail o, its not nice at all. This is a lovely thread. OP continue cheesy
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Moana(f): 4:07am On Jul 17, 2015
Vicjustice:

Yes, it's supposed to be fun, but the waka waka is a bit much cheesy
you must finish Paris o grin
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 17, 2015
Moana:

Technically you cannot snap pinshure of a statue in New York from Paris grin but i guess he could take pictures of the smaller statue that's in Paris...

Issokay no need to give us your life story, we know you know that Big Ben is in London lipsrsealed grin

Vicjustice snap sydney opera house from inside for us, make we see em grin grin grin lipsrsealed

anyway lets not derail o, its not nice at all. This is a lovely thread. OP continue cheesy

@ Bold ,hian !! if l hear, America will know grin grin grin

@Vicjustice, nice pictures,have a blast with your family, make we see your face now......hehehe tongue
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 7:36am On Jul 17, 2015
sexydivaomalich:

@Vicjustice, nice pictures,have a blast with your family, make we see your face now......hehehe tongue
Lol, how about you first upload your own photo on your profile page?
Well, the photos of me and of my family are all over the place on this forum, the most recent was uploaded this January in Latvia.
Here are my kids.

4 Likes

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 17, 2015
Vicjustice:

Lol, how about you first upload your own photo on your profile page?
Well, the photos of me and of my family are all over the place on this forum, the most recent was uploaded this January in Latvia.
Here are my kids.

Hehehehe, l was only kidding with you @vicjustice, wow , your kids are cute kiss,your boy's hair look like that of a professional footballer in Belgium, l think his name is Marouane fellaini or so, not sure, my regards to all of them, abeg make una enjoy life jare, life is too short.....
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by NaLaugh: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2015
Vicjustice, did you attend a show at the Moulin Rouge?
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 2:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
NaLaugh:
Vicjustice, did you attend a show at the Moulin Rouge?
No, I didn't attend any show in there, I didn't even know the Rouge is right near my holiday home, so I didn't make any booking
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Moana(f): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
sexydivaomalich:

you will not kill me with laughter grin
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by NaLaugh: 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Vicjustice:

No, I didn't attend any show in there, I didn't even know the Rouge is right near my holiday home, so I didn't make any booking

Ah, I see!
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 7:53am On Jul 18, 2015
The premises of the ancient Church on the highest ground of Paris. As well as its location on the highest hill, this Church is also famous for its combined services in both the Greek Orthodox and the Roman Catholic practices.
But to me, these practices are idolatrous if the first and the second of the 10 commandments are implemented correctly.
Well, religion aside, this Church is a wonder with its overwhelming architectural structures. Difficult to explain, just go and see for yourself.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 8:05am On Jul 18, 2015
Some views of Paris city from the Church on the hill

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2015
Pictures taken within the Church.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 9:02am On Jul 18, 2015
Night visit to Eiffel Tower.
The first 2 pictures were taken from beneath and the last 2 were taken from the mid section.

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Ojugunrege(f): 9:54am On Jul 18, 2015
The hop on hop off u were on looks very familiar. We were in Paris in June.
Did u visit the Notre Dame? Champ Ellyse?

Yeah, d waka waka is sthn else....ours legs ached from moving round.
BTW, we also visited Rome, Amsterdam & The Hague. grin
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ojugunrege:
The hop on hop off u were on looks very familiar. We were in Paris in June.
Did u visit the Notre Dame? Champ Ellyse?

Yeah, d waka waka is sthn else....ours legs ached from moving round.
BTW, we also visited Rome, Amsterdam & The Hague. grin
As you must have known, there are vast numerous things to see in Paris, and it's impossible to see them all.
Why not share your photos with us on this thread? That would be exciting.
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
[size=15pt]Leaving Paris: my pictures (of Paris) end with the 4 below. Yours can now begin.[/size]

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Holamidhe(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
Thanks 4 sharing the pictures with us
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2015
Holamidhe:
Thanks 4 sharing the pictures with us
My pleasure. I hope others share theirs too.
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2015
Okay, I went to the apulia region of italy, south of italy and got back two weeks ago. Never been to the north but did travel round the coast, will post pics.

2 Likes

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ostuni- also known as the white city.

1 Like

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
A wild beach in ostuni. Sandy but with lots of rocky outcrops( scary)

1 Like

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2015
Polignano, Italy. Those apartment blocks look like they were carved out of the cliff. Imagine such view from your windows. Apparently, they are dirt cheap to buy as well. One would pay a small fortune for such in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 10:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
Italians love their food, always being told to "manga" which mean eat. Them fellas eat a combo of bread, pasta and potatoes all in one meal shocked.
Not to mention prosciutto which comes in different assorted types.

2 Likes

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2015
More food pics
had a lot of sea food because the fishermen go out early in the morning so you can expect to have fresh ones in every restaurant around the coast.
Massive prawns called gamberoni in italian
Octopus called polpo.
And ofcourse squid which we all know as calamari. Yum! Definitely miss those prawns.
That large and I mean the plate was humongous, of pasta had all the above named seafood with some lovely moist mussels thrown in. Get ready to put on the pounds in Italy.

4 Likes

Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 1:06am On Jul 20, 2015
shaybebaby:
Ostuni- also known as the white city.
I'm surprised how a Nigerian person happened to be a tourist in Ostuni because, that is one ancient place that people barely hear of.
I've never been there, but i learnt that it was a Greek town in in Italian main-land: i mean, it was originally built and occupied by the Greeks. But how is the situation now, are there still Greek speakers in the town?
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 1:16am On Jul 20, 2015
Vicjustice:
I'm surprised how a Nigerian person happened to be a tourist in Ostuni because, that is one ancient place that people barely hear of.
I've never been there, but i learnt that it was a Greek town in in Italian main-land: i mean, it was originally built and occupied by the Greeks. But how is the situation now, are there still Greek speakers in the town?
No native greek speakers there that I encountered. Actually a lot of the southern coast used to be greek forts at some point or the other and though this is reflected in some of the architecture, without knowing the history, it is not very apparent anymore.
I flew to bari because my man is barese and has family there. From there, travelled round from ostuni, otranto, torre san giovanni, pescoleuse, leuca, porto cesario and gallipoli.
I have more photos, just a bit lazy at the moment.
you must visit, its cheap, lots of good food and booze is cheap, 3 euros for local red wine? Yessir!! grin
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by Vicjustice: 9:53am On Jul 20, 2015
shaybebaby:

No native greek speakers there that I encountered. Actually a lot of the southern coast used to be greek forts at some point or the other and though this is reflected in some of the architecture, without knowing the history, it is not very apparent anymore.
I flew to bari because my man is barese and has family there. From there, travelled round from ostuni, otranto, torre san giovanni, pescoleuse, leuca, porto cesario and gallipoli.
I have more photos, just a bit lazy at the moment.
you must visit, its cheap, lots of good food and booze is cheap, 3 euros for local red wine? Yessir!! grin
Poor Greece, it used to be the most glorious country in the world in various aspects, but it has lost its places in regard to internationally used language, in regard to science & technology, military power etc: even its lands were taken by force and are occupied by neighbouring nations; Constantinople was snached by Turkey and is now called Istanbul, it great Orthodox Church converted into a mega mosque; North Cyprus currently occupied by same Turkey, Macedonia is now an independent nation; southern Italy used to be part of Greece too
Re: Upload Your Tourism, Vacation, Holiday pictures From Anywhere by shaybebaby(f): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2015
Vicjustice:

Poor Greece, it used to be the most glorious country in the world in various aspects, but it has lost its places in regard to internationally used language, in regard to science & technology, military power etc: even its lands were taken by force and are occupied by neighbouring nations; Constantinople was snached by Turkey and is now called Istanbul, it great Orthodox Church converted into a mega mosque; North Cyprus currently occupied by same Turkey, Macedonia is now an independent nation; southern Italy used to be part of Greece too
A nation in crisis. It is all up in the news regarding their national debt and their inability to meet their creditor's demands. The economy is in crisis and funny enough it is the same in Southern Italy. No jobs, unemployment is high and general feeling of unrest by the local population.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Gay Boy Group In Abuja Nigeria / Lagos State Govt Calls For Collection Of Unclaimed Drivers’ Licence / Obama To Grant Work Permits To Younger Illegal Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.