Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Believers' Place - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers' Place (13499 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Bible Believers Games / Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Do you pay tax? Why? Do you know that most political leaders in charge of our taxes are unfaithful? What do we then gain from paying tax?
About paying Pastors...
If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things? Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? And they which wait at the clubs are partakers with the altar? Even so has the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
I pay tax because the Bible say we should. I believe we are all preachers that's what Christ called us.....from the Bible you quoted I think we should all be paid because we are all preachers.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

I've just done that. I think I have answered you on the food thingy too. Thanks
common dear..... Food for the levites(Pastors are not levites),widows,strangers and needy see Deut 14:29 ......
Re: Believers' Place by elantraceey(f): 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Funny.... any Scripture saying Church is the storehouse?

So you really need scriptures to know that the church is God's house?

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:
Talking about the GM and someone applying for something and relating that to God doesn't exactly fit in to me. To conclude that when I give to a church system that misappropriates funds I'll miss the blessing of giving because God would not have a record of my giving would not be right even Scripturally. That translates to faulting God as limited in knowledge and bias in judgement. Why are we so hasty to pass judgement not just on the church leaders but even God? During Jesus' time, He condemned the religious rulers for their hypocrisy severally but he never told his followers to rebel against them or their teachings. He even told his listeners to obey the teachings of the Pharisees but not their lifestyles. He talked about them exploiting widows yet He commended the widow that gave her mite in the temple. We would be taking too much into our hands by assuming the position of criticizing every religious leader who collects tithes and offerings. If you have evidence of their unfaithfulness what is the right thing to do? If you approach them and they refuse to turn a new leaf, what next? Does broadcasting their evil ways and convincing others to shun giving solve anything? What does the Bible recommend? We must realise that the easiest person to change is ourselves and we all would give account of ourselves before God. If as you walk with God, He persuaded and instructed you to quit giving tithes, good for you. Many times we focus on frivolities and ignore the priorities. Giving is taught everywhere in the Bible. Whether it is giving in the church or to the poor and whatever percentage it is God's Word gives you us principles to guide our giving.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
Cc Kaboninc starlingslimnet
Dear you mean you don't understand that parable I used?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

So you really need scriptures to know that the church is God's house?
Ok sweetheart..... tell me what church is?
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

If you also claim God is all powerful, why do we "pray" that our "prayers" get to God since He listens to our heart? Why do we "pray" that the angels take our "prayers" to God after all he sees our hearts and knows our needs?
I find your use of the word 'claim' confusing. Calling God all powerful, is it a claim? Do you believe the Bible? Do you believe the creation and redemption story? How do we term the personality in charge of all these?
About praying...God's ways are far from ours so are His thoughts. All He says and does would not always make perfect sense to us for several reasons. We do not only call Him God but Father. We need to humble ourselves as children to get anything from Him. He is way beyond what we can imagine. As parents there are many things we do not explain to our little children. We cannot even explain it to them because their minds are too puny to understand them. No matter how grown or enlightened we may be there are several things about God that are way beyond our understanding. And except we come simply and humbly with childlike faith we'll miss out in our relationship with God. Why do we need to pray to someone that already knows our need? Because He asked us to pray. If He chooses that it works that way why should we fault Him on that? Doesn't the creator have a right to decide how He wants to do things? Does He owe us an explanation? Must His instructions always make sense to us before we obey them or before they're valid? Who did He consult before creating us? Who then is He obligated to consult before setting principles? He says the way up is down. He says love your enemies. He says ask in prayer whatever you need. He says give and it shall be given to you. Whether we understand or not it really doesn't validate or nullify His Word. It's already settled and not a dot will go unfulfilled. Our best bet is to get aligned to His Word. Resisting, doubting or questioning it ends in futility.
Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 4:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

God said bring the tithes into the storehouse , where is the store house today? Of course its the church .
ofcos I kw the church is the store house but why are u forgetting the b part of that scripture?? or the next verse if am not mistaking. It say bring ur tithe to the store house AND EAT IT. so do we eat our tithe in church?? This explains my point of tithing as a law cos in this scripture it was use like a law.
There is also tithing in grace n that must not be done in church as we do it these days as a law.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
common dear..... Food for the levites(Pastors are not levites),widows,strangers and needy see Deut 14:29 ......
Okay. So what's your point now? What's your summary and conclusion?
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 4:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Dear you mean you don't understand that parable I used?
You missed my point sir. And please don't ask me what it is. It's still there for your perusal.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:
ofcos I kw the church is the store house but why are u forgetting the b part of that scripture?? or the next verse if am not mistaking. It say bring ur tithe to the store house AND EAT IT. so do we eat our tithe in church?? This explains my point of tithing as a law cos in this scripture it was use like a law.
There is also tithing in grace n that must not be done in church as we do it these days as a law.
So have I sinned if I choose to give my tithe to a church or pastor?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Okay. So what's your point now? What's your summary and conclusion?
Summary is the church should retrace her step because she had erred and soil her garment with greediness
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

So have I sinned if I choose to give my tithe to a church or pastor?
Of course not but you have,if your tithe is spent on pastors who are supposed to feed themselves.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

You missed my point sir. And please don't ask me what it is. It's still there for your perusal.
funny.....anyway it's not worth pursuing....So how is your Christain life and how do you endure temptations?
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
I pay tax because the Bible say we should. I believe we are all preachers that's what Christ called us.....from the Bible you quoted I think we should all be paid because we are all preachers.
Yes, we've all been called to preach but we do not all make the same sacrifices neither do we have the same callings and giftings. Are we to keep paying tax even with the proof that it's been misappropriated? Shouldn't our payment of tax depend on how trustworthy and faithful our leaders are?
Re: Believers' Place by elantraceey(f): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
Alezy:

I've stopped deliberating on this tithe issue a long time ago till when God is ready to teach me personally on it but I pay my tithe consistently and I tell you I reap the fruits and also encourage people to pay theirs. But there's one thing I know is that this world has been cursed from the beginning and so is it's fruit but we are not cursed and when I pay my tithe , God sanctifies the remaining 90% . I can't remember when last I could not account for my money or when I had to waste in on sickness or unimportant issues , this is just my believe. Whatsoever happens to the tithe after I pay it is not my business.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

Yes, we've all been called to preach but we do not all make the same sacrifices neither do we have the same callings and giftings. Are we to keep paying tax even with the proof that it's been misappropriated? Shouldn't our payment of tax depend on how trustworthy and faithful our leaders are?
That is where The Church disobey Christ we all as Christains are commanded to Love God with all our heart and soul but rather we listened to pastors who say they have been called and spreading the Gospel is limited to them and as such commitment is not needed from the members.

God didn't give directions about the tax we pay but he gave directions on how our offerings should be used.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

I've stopped deliberating on this tithe issue a long time ago till when God is ready to teach me personally on it but I pay my tithe consistently and I tell you I reap the fruits and also encourage people to pay theirs. But there's one thing I know is that this world has been cursed from the beginning and so is it's fruit but we are not cursed and when I pay my tithe , God sanctifies the remaining 90% . I can't remember when last I could not account for my money or when I had to waste in on sickness or unimportant issues , this is just my believe. Whatsoever happens to the tithe after I pay it is not my business.
And teaching you,God will surely do but won't you thrust it aside when he does.Don't know how much you tithe but judging from your face I estimate it to be something not less than 5k,now think about using that 5K to print a tract you write or that which you find glorious on the internet and distribute it...I believe in this way you are moving the Gospel forward and if God does not triple the blessings you are receiving for dropping your tithe to church then call me a bastard.
Re: Believers' Place by elantraceey(f): 5:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And teaching you,God will surely do but won't you thrust it aside when he does.Don't know how much you tithe but judging from your face I estimate it to be something not less than 5k,now think about using that 5K to print a tract you write or that which you find glorious on the internet and distribute it...I believe in this way you are moving the Gospel forward and if God does not triple the blessings you are receiving for dropping your tithe to church then call me a bastard.

Just so you know, 80% of my income goes to the gospel and I'm not exaggerating, after paying my tithes , nothing stops me from doing those OK .

And I actually stopped paying tithes before because of some misconceptions I had but I receive personal instructions to do that and it took a while before I obeyed . My 10% won't stop me from doing anything else I want to do to help others and promote the gospel .

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

Just so you know, 80% of my income goes to the gospel and I'm not exaggerating, after paying my tithes , nothing stops me from doing those OK .

And I actually stopped paying tithes before because of some misconceptions I had but I receive personal instructions to do that and it took a while before I obeyed . My 10% won't stop me from doing anything else I want to do to help others and promote the gospel .
Good to know 80% goes to the. Gospel.....care to tell me how it is spent?
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
haha. You go fear question. Have you become deputy God or what?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

haha. You go fear question. Have you become deputy God or what?
My dear am a Christain and I know who a Christain is.That's why I asked the question. Besides how is your day going?
Re: Believers' Place by elantraceey(f): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:

Nope, its between me and my father, I do things as I'm led not because someone else is doing it or to please anybody .

1 Like

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Of course not but you have,if your tithe is spent on pastors who are supposed to feed themselves.
:-O Give me a Scriptures to back this pls.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
elantraceey:

Nope, its between me and my father, I do things as I'm led not because someone else is doing it or to please anybody .
And that is the Faith of the early church!!! am glad believers like you still exist. .those who live by Faith.
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

:-O Give me a Scriptures to back this pls.
What do you need backup for......cos I can't figure it out
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
That is where The Church disobey Christ we all as Christains are commanded to Love God with all our heart and soul but rather we listened to pastors who say they have been called and spreading the Gospel is limited to them and as such commitment is not needed from the members.

God didn't give directions about the tax we pay but he gave directions on how our offerings should be used.

What instructions did God give about the use of our offering and who was the instruction directed to? The giver of the tithe or the collector?
Nobody taught me that we have different calls and we make different commitments to God. It's clear from Scriptures. We're all members of the body of Christ but we have very different functions.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
What do you need backup for......cos I can't figure it out
Pls let me know as soon as you do figure it out sir. I need to know if it's clearly spelt out in Scriptures because that's where my persuasions come from and that's God's manual for my life.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And that is the Faith of the early church!!! am glad believers like you still exist. .those who live by Faith.
But if her 10% is misappropriated she becomes a sinner abi? One more question, who it be righteous of her to go around criticizing those who do not use up to 80% of their resources on the gospel? Why?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

What instructions did God give about the use of our offering and who was the instruction directed to? The giver of the tithe or the collector?
Nobody taught me that we have different calls and we make different commitments to God. It's clear from Scriptures. We're all members of the body of Christ but we have very different functions.
It was given to the givers in Deut 14:22-29 perhaps you have not read it before and pastors avoid the place also. This is why you must know what your offerings is used for.

If someone is getting paid for his function aren't I supposed to be paid for being a song writer and teacher since that is my function?And aren't you supposed to be paid for your functions? Or you are telling me one part is important than the other?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

But if her 10% is misappropriated she becomes a sinner abi? One more question, who it be righteous of her to go around criticizing those who do not use up to 80% of their resources on the gospel? Why?
I have answered first question already.

Let everybody gives according to his ability. She gives her 80% because she has the strength to do so.....if tomorrow she gives only 40 God will be pleased.But if she were to be constrained to pay 10% when it's not condusive because of a Jewish law then it's unacceptable for God love a cheerful giver.

Maybe it's time I asked you questions too...

Where in the Bible did Christ teach the disciples to pay Tithe? or the Apostles urge the church to pay tithe?
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 6:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
starlingslimnet:
My dear am a Christain and I know who a Christain is.That's why I asked the question. Besides how is your day going?
My day has been beautiful. I'm learning today from you that it's part of our duties as Christians to randomly ask others details of their walk with God. Abi?
Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
HFOG:

My day has been beautiful. I'm learning today from you that it's part of our duties as Christians to randomly ask others details of their walk with God. Abi?
lol......it is a good thing to do so......That's why we are here discussing.... you might not realize have learnt previous things from you today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Baptist Convention Paid Bandits N250m To Release Abducted Bethel Student / Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny? / Should Students Be Paying Tithes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.