Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu (33471 Views)

BIAFRA: I’m Doing Same Thing Ojukwu Did, I Deserve Respect – Ngige / Biafra: I’m Doing What Ojukwu Taught Ndigbo, I Deserve Respect – Ngige / ‘I Prayed Hard For God To Make Me President, See What I’m Facing Now’ – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by midolian(m): 6:14am On Jul 16, 2015
Prominent magazine publisher and former presidential aspirant, Dele Momodu, was at the State House, Abuja, on Wednesday for talks with President Muhammadu Buhari, and explained his recent outburst against the President’s style of governance.

A strong supporter of Buhari during the presidential campaigns, Momodu recently wrote a widely publicized, scathing criticism of the President’s actions and inaction since assuming office.

Emerging from the meeting with the President, Momodu told journalists that Buhari invited him for a chat and expressed appreciation of the roles of writers, columnists and journalists like him in society.

On his criticism of Buhari as being too slow since assuming office, the publisher of Ovation magazine said: “You know on social media, people can post anything.

“I actually wrote him a memo and one of the things I told him was that the job of a columnist is that of an adviser who is not paid.

“In fact, journalists do more work than those paid to advise the President, and that it is good to listen.

“And I know he reads voraciously and that was one of reasons he was able to invite me because I wrote what I called a desperate memo to President Buhari.

“Of course, people slanted it, some people said maybe we are no longer supporting him and all that, but if you like someone you must be able to tell him the truth at all times.

“What I have realised in so many years of interacting with people in government is that once you get to power, people stop telling you the truth, they tell you only what they think you want to hear.

“And I’m happy he said we should argue with him, tell him the truth, if things are going wrong and we should not be afraid of telling the truth.

“And for a man who has been maligned for so many years that he doesn’t like the press, it is a welcome development that he is able to reach out to members of Fourth Estate.”

The President responded that he was sure of what he was doing, said Momodu, who said Buhari encouraged him to continue to constructively argue with the powers that be and point out any wrongdoings to him.

According to Momodu: “We discussed different issues affecting our country and I gave him my own idea as a publisher, journalist, a columnist and the way forward for Nigeria.

“We spoke about security and the efforts he is making; we spoke about anti-corruption crusade and I must say, today, he reassured me that not only does he know what he is doing, he is determined to make Nigeria work.”

He said the President laughed and found his theory interesting when he called for having more women in government as part of efforts to fight corruption.

“I said women must be involved in the governance of Nigeria, and he looked at me. I said, ‘Sir, women cannot marry two husbands but a man can have four wives and 10 concubines.’ He laughed so much and almost choked.

“I said, ‘So, when you talk about corruption, the needs of women are not as big as that of men,’ and he said that was a very interesting theory.”

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/07/know-im-buhari-tells-critic-dele-momodu/

25 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 16, 2015
GCFR Muhammadu Buhari is a joker. Dele momodu, will you stop the lies too? If the president knows what he is doing, hos top priority since assumming office should be checking and finding solution to tge insecurity pdoblem we are having at the top notch. BH keeps bombing and killing people for fun sake and NA couldnt record even 10percebt victory since May29. That man, The president doesnt know what he is doing. He thinks its untill he goes to America he can make things cones normal. What a shame. We will all see where this ends.

And to any of those gullible buhari fan, quote me and i will assume your brain is just as depleted as your leader, BUHARI.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 16, 2015
We are behind you Sir.

30 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by fulanimafia: 6:18am On Jul 16, 2015
keyzid:
GCFR Muhammadu Buhari is a joker. Dele momodu, will you stop the lies too? If the president knows what he is doing, hos top priority since assumming office should be checking and finding solution to tge insecurity pdoblem we are having at the top notch. BH keeps bombing and killing people for fun sake and NA couldnt record even 10percebt victory since May29. That man, The president doesnt know what he is doing. He thinks its untill he goes to America he can make things cones normal. What a shame. We will all see where this ends.

And to any of those gullible buhari fan, quote me and i will assume your brain is just as depleted as your leader, BUHARI.

Are you afraid your silliness will be exposed?

You clearly want PMB to go after the terrorists like a crazed man with a machine gun like the inexperienced Jonathan instead of a tactical, strategic and well planned assault and final elimination of the blood suckers. The beginning of madness is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result.

This is military experience at play. Buhari did it before when he eliminated Maitatsine in '84, and he will do it again.

Keep wailing.

230 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by midolian(m): 6:18am On Jul 16, 2015
“And I’m happy he said we should argue with him, tell him the truth, if things are going wrong and we should not be afraid of telling the truth.

“And for a man who has been maligned for so many years that he doesn’t like the press, it is a welcome development that he is able to reach out to members of Fourth Estate.”
I keep loving this man by the minute. If we have some1 like baba to rule this nation for just 12yrs, the USA will be running to us for help. My fear is 'who will take over from Buhari when the time comes?' Its very difficult to repair a wrecked ship(Nigeria) as Baba is tryin to do.. And very easy to wreck it again as GEJ did. I pray we don't get another "GEJ" to continue from whereva he stops.

Haters will only hate until they begin to hate themselves for hating who they should have loved.

156 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 16, 2015
Yes sir! We are 100% behind u. Haters Lagoon will need u more

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by okitz4(m): 6:20am On Jul 16, 2015
continue.....................................
Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Golovic: 6:24am On Jul 16, 2015
What of women like Diezanni and Okonko-Iweala? Anyways, generally speaking women are more moral than men smiley
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9206176/Women-are-more-moral-than-men-survey-says.html

3 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Xyg12: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2015
We are sure he does but the problem is, is he doing the right thing?

Well, I pray that God will guide him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by fulanimafia: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2015
The fact that PMB called one of his vocal supporters turned critic to re-assure him of his commitment to deliver as he promised, means a lot to all his other supporters, as we are now ever more confident that Buhari cares about our desire for a greater Nigeria.

Baba go steady.... Nigerians are behind you, all 70% of us (and counting).

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by chymystique(f): 6:33am On Jul 16, 2015
Dele is just about his stomach. All these just to get a juicy appointment frm the govt or be in PMB's good book.
That doesnt change the fact that this govt is stagnant in almost all sectors. No single project has been flagged off. Nothing has moved not even a sneeze.
you better tell him the truth to hit the ground running Mr. Dele and Stop coating it with silly tales.. This govt and Snail I dont know which slow pass¿ huh

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by joseph1832(m): 6:37am On Jul 16, 2015
keyzid:

Dude, the problem of insecurity is just one geo political zone. Stop sounding as if Nigeria is insecure.

Tell me, since you so want action, kindly recommend ways which one can use to combat suicide bombers?.

I know for certain that those who know little or nothing about military tactics are the ones who rant the most.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by midolian(m): 6:42am On Jul 16, 2015
keyzid:

you are just an uncommon f00l.

.. who cares about ya bigoted assumption? I wonder why some of you fear bn quoted than death. Nairaland should have been for pple above 18.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by bakjal(m): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2015
God Has endowed Mr President wit so much wisdom...

How many Nigerian president has ever called a critic to have a word? if not does dat keep feeding dem wit lies!

Carry on Mr President, we strongly believe u know wat u are doin and no amount of hate speeches from any social media can do a thing to stop ur good will for Nigeria.

Not even d wailing wailers from NL.

15 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by krazydave(m): 6:46am On Jul 16, 2015
He laughed so much and almost chocked..??
Oga Momodu..... didn't know you were that funny tho.

On a serious note, I never really liked Buhari up until now... I think, if you sit down and quietly assess all he has been doing since the assumption of his office, it's more good than bad.

TANoids maybe Y'll shokd just give him a chance for a while before criticising his every move.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by kahara(m): 6:52am On Jul 16, 2015
Mr. President Sir,i am glad u okeyed what we the honourable opposition critics are doing on Nland tryin to put u on ur toes n showing u d road u should follow. Sir for ur information, some APC sheep here no deh let us point dem where to graze to avoid destruction of agricultural crops.
Sir,make i tell u say d road to defeating Boko Haram must nt pass tru Washington because deh fit wash ur brain dia. The shortest road passes tru Sambisa via Bornu State.

6 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by joseph1832(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2015
midolian:
you are just an uncommon f00l.

.. who cares about ya bigoted assumption? I wonder why some of you fear bn quoted than death. Nairaland should have been for pple above 18yrs of age.

The moniker keyzid speak as if his assumption will add money to our pockets. He forget that "assumption is the mother of all fu,ck-ups".

9 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by midolian(m): 6:57am On Jul 16, 2015
joseph1832:
The moniker keyzid speak as if his assumption will add money to our pockets. He forget that "assumption is the mother of all fu,ck-ups".
don't mind that baby saTANist angry

11 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Yhunoos: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2015
Have u ever come across a wailing wailer before?

Well today is ur lucky day

Here is one...

keyzid:

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by cold(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Buhari is acting like a typical Nigerian. When you point out his failings,rather than admit he has erred he'll scream 'i know what i'm doing' 'are you trying to teach me my job?' Sir,you have no idea what you're doing. Pre election you vowed to crush boko haram within months. And bring back the Chibok girls i might add. You recanted the latter and so far close to 700 dead in your first few weeks in office without any commensurate success by the military since you assumed office.
Who ever said progress was a slow process must have been talking about you.

4 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by stanech: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Even a mad man believes he knows what he's doing.

4 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Mogidi: 7:09am On Jul 16, 2015
We all wish Buhari knew what he was doing but the reality says otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by babyfaceafrica: 7:20am On Jul 16, 2015
The issue of women participatin in politics is a nice idea but please tell me what the few ones that have tasted power have done!!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Maxymilliano(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2015
stanech:
Even a mad man believes he knows what he's doing.

Touche !

4 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by menesheh(m): 7:21am On Jul 16, 2015
Jay jay Okolocha knows what he is doing until the time the opposing side score 20 coals
Until it dawn on him.

2 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by san316(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2015
This is nice. At least he is a listening president. Unlike some people. I can only hope he knows what he's doing and what he's doing yields positive results.

4 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by themilanway(m): 7:31am On Jul 16, 2015
menesheh:
Jay jay Okolocha know what he is doing.
Until it dawn on you.

What has Jay Jay got to do with this?

7 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Some TANOIDS are like..... Though Buhari is the right choice for this Country at the moment, but he must fail at all cost!
Ask them why they want him to fail and they will start ranting as follows;
Because our Brother also failed
Because we want total control of your Oyel
Because Nigerians hate us and we want our Biafra Nation
Becaue we are tired of Nigeria, hence we want a Lower Niger Nation

Seems they are confused..... they want Biafra and Lower Niger at the same time?
They've not agreed on what they want, yet they are expecting Baba to pay attention to their wailing?
Baba forgives them because they know not what they are doing!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by sammyj: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2015
Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by menesheh(m): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2015
fulanimafia:

Are you afraid your silliness will be exposed?

You clearly want PMB to go after the terrorists like a crazed man with a machine gun like the inexperienced Jonathan instead of a tactical, str at Eni gic and well planned assault and final elimination of the blood suckers. The beginning of madness is doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result.

This is military experience at play. Buhari did it before when he eliminated Maitatsine in '84, and he will do it again.

Keep wailing.

Broo calm down, the machine gunman had recorded continuous success before he handed power to PMB who never wanted the military to harm his hideous fraternal brothers. People are dying like broiler and you are here giving us consoling excuses of better logistics and strategies to be employed in the future.

2 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by chesterlee(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2015
He doesn't know what he's doing!!"

2 Likes

Re: I Know What I’m Doing, Buhari Tells Critic, Dele Momodu by menesheh(m): 7:37am On Jul 16, 2015
themilanway:

What has Jay Jay got to do with this?

Read between the line.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why APC Lost In Rivers / 4 Soldiers Wounded As Troops Clear Boko Haram Terrorists From Borno. Photos / PDP Campaign Rally At Makoda In Kano (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.