Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman (30966 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Nigerian Woman Tied With Rope In India, Sedated After She Turned Violent (video) / Nigerian Woman Saw Danfo In Houston, Texas (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nuhusky: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2015
Dey refuse to honour Jesus in his home town who are u 2b honour in dubai bloody Nigerian?
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Shaadey: 10:13am On Jul 16, 2015
racism is eating some people up like cancer
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by sunnydayasaba(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2015
I keep saying it, No matter ur visa status abroad, Ur still a Third class citizen.

Racism, Criminal profiling, Discrimination...all dis u most suffer one day and miss home badly.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by sen8or(m): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2015
Wonders shall never end....Arabs sef dey discriminate
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by butterflyy(f): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2015
I love women †̥hα̲̅†̥ knows their worth. She sure does. Hope its a lesson t̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ them

3 Likes

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by sweatlana: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2015
ayusco85:
Am surprised they even apologised. Arab muslims are the most Racist race on earth. Bunch of virgin seeking terrorist

U can say that again

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tsdarkside(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2015
hahahaha....came back traumatised.....na she sabi...i dont even understand,why black people always like to go places were they are not welcomed.....nigeria has fine hotels tooo...and you will be treated here like a queen,,,sooo...na she sabi.....

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by pBuhari(f): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2015
that was too bad

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ooshinibos: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2015
kliq:
Even Dubai

No place like home
tribalism reigns in Naija ..look around you

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2015
Dem one concern am Wetin she dey find der wen hotels full Naija Shea na only she get money to go Dubai Abi na der christ dey live!
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tiffanny(m): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2015
Dubai is not a racist country if am asked but all I know is that their was a misunderstanding and the managements made it up to the victim and even apologies to the lady
kliq:
Even Dubai

No place like home
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Tbasen: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2015
kliq:
Even Dubai

No place like home
Yes even in DXB. I once went for medical check up in one of the hospital there on January 2013.Paid for comprehensive but at the lab the the nurse a Filipino woman refused carrying out a test related to prostrate cancer investigation even though it was paid.For up to 4 days she kept on posting me that the Dr to carry out the test on my anus weren't around.When on the 5th day i protested to the the Indian Dr.asking for a refund of 1000 paid for the test-he then directed another Indian lab tech to carry test on me because the Phillipino would not touch the 40yrs black man.I have stopped using the hospital for check-up.Yes even in Dubai!!!
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Phonetikkks: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2015
We give Dubai, Europe and whatnot countries the right to treat us like less humans (that we aren't).

If Nigeria held its shiiiiit together, and made the country good and conducive for its citizens, we won't be suffering all these racial taunts everywhere.

Personally, I think Nigerians must take the blindfold off, and realise we are the cause of all our problems. We project racism to the spotlight but dust 'tribalism' and 'religious segregation' (which consumes us) under the carpet.

Until we treat ourselves, and give the world a reason to respect us, they probably won't. Respect is earned!

Let's solve tribalism and religious bias in our country first, before focusing on "racism" as some distraction (or easy escape)... #God bless

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by bettercreature(m): 10:25am On Jul 16, 2015
Why are you foools blaming them?sebi you are calling your country a ZOO and you want Oyinbo to respect? useless black race

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 16, 2015
Dem one concern am Wetin she dey find der wen hotels full Naija Shea na only she get money to go Dubai Abi na der christ dey live!
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by AreaFada2: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2015
ogogoromasta:
Yet u foolish
nigerians will
kontinu 2 flock dere
and deposit money
into deir own ekonomi
Lyk 2face idibia , tiwa&teebillz
nd oda foolz dat go dere
4 weddin

Na so we mumu reach na.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by lohresloco: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2015
ogogoromasta:
Yet u foolish
nigerians will
kontinu 2 flock dere
and deposit money
into deir own ekonomi
Lyk 2face idibia , tiwa&teebillz
nd oda foolz dat go dere
4 weddin
I was going to rebuke you, then I saw ur moniker... e clear say your village people dey your case... why the bitterness and the hate. It's their money not yours, jeez, for fuu.ccks sake
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Bants(m): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Arabs are racist terrorist scumbags i dont like them an inch they say they treat their women like slaves
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by tdmoggy: 10:36am On Jul 16, 2015
They rely on foreign tourists. Broadcast your experience on Trip advisor, Twitter and Facebook and which ever websites people visit to find views and ratings of hotels.

The bad PR will force them to contact you and apologise and will loose them business

3 Likes

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2015
It's really so embarrassing and so bad for dis people to treat blacks with disrespect , a friend of mine visited Dubai recently and u can imagine wat happened the Dubai asked him which country my friend was from and he said Bokoharam bokoharam no no no , that was he started yelling , it's crazy honestly. The worst part of it is dey can't do without Nigerians cos we boost their countries , say no to racism

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2015
Why wouldn't they? to buttress my point, I got to know about nairaland through google. These people must have read how miscreants come on Nl and call their black women all sorts of unprintable names. Sometimes, i think the disrespect we get is caused by us. He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by obailala(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2015
This shiit happens everyday in Nigeria too, in some large hotels and bars, ladies are not allowed entry if they are unaccompanied. I don't blame the hotel staff, rather I blame the oloshos that came in previously to precipitate this mess. There's no doubt that most of the 'runs-girls' in Dubai are black girls, so one cant really blame the hotel management. Dem nor dey write okpo for face.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by bossanmayor(m): 10:46am On Jul 16, 2015
N der wil never lern deir lesson keep flpwpin to dubialik shepz
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by charlie009: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2015
its not there fault when we have an embassy that is not functioning properly...... angry
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by charlie009: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2015
its not there fault when we have an embassy that is not functioning properly...... angry
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by gbishman: 11:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Its very easy if only we Nigerians would do the right thing of not patronizing the hotel. I normally stay at marvenpic in Accra Ghana, although i have never experienced this humiliation. Trust in all honesty they just lost a valuable customer.
That's it, no muss no fuss. Nigerians are one of the biggest spenders and patronizers of this hotels so they have no reason what so ever to discriminate against us.
Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2015
All middle east including the west an europe racism still prevail don't be deceived

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ideykwum: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2015
I had a racists experience in Dubai! The part that upset me more is that it was from a Pakistani creep that was employed to clean rooms! The imps refused to clean my apartment for 3 days! When I complained to the Chinese management, she said that it must have been the way I spoke to the attendant! I was incensed!!

It was a festive period, and most hotels were fully booked, so I had to endure the indignity for some more days! God will punish the racist creeps!

olillywales:
[img]http://4.bp..com/-LDr__LXN-yg/Vadv94vSxnI/AAAAAAAF6T4/8TEur46xu9s/s1600/2980478080.jpg[/img]A Nigerian woman named Hanna Fanni was discriminated against at a hotel in Dubai on July 8th. The hotel staff at five-star hotel Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach refused to serve her and showed her the door when she visited the hotel's popular West Beach Bistro & Sports Lounge with her black American friend. The outraged Nigerian said what they did to them reminded her of 1930s America.

"They suspected us of being prostitutes and targeted us solely because of the colour of our skin. I have lived here for 10 years and have never been treated in such a disrespectful and despicable manner." Hannah said

“My friend had just graduated and we were hoping to enjoy a girls’ night out at the bar but came back traumatised. First the waitress refused to serve us and then a security guard ordered us to leave the hotel. At one stage he was ready to engage with us physically which is classified as assault and sexual harassment in UAE. He kept telling us that the bar didn’t allow unaccompanied women. I found it strange because there were several tables occupied by women. When I pointed to them, he said he was merely following orders.” Hannah said

Hannah said as things got heated, the bar manager intervened.

“I showed him my business card. When he saw it, his face contorted in panic as it dawned on him that they had racially profiled the wrong people. But instead of making amends, he said the security guard had asked us to leave as some black women had come in earlier and solicited their guests. I was stunned. Just because some black women had approached their guests, the hotel assumed we were also prostitutes.”

Hannah said, realizing their mistake, the hotel tried to make amend but they were so humiliated they had to leave

“On the way out, I stopped at the front desk and sought to speak to the duty manager but he refused to meet us. Instead a female staff came out and tried to hush up the matter saying ‘Obama is the President of US’ as if that had anything to do with us. I want the management of the hotel to realise that this isn’t 1930. This is 2015. You cannot walk up to random black women and tell them you will not serve them because they are black. I am completely flabbergasted that in this day and age the policy of an international chain is to not allow people into their bars because of the colour of their skin,” she said

Hannah, who heads an events management company later wrote to management of the hotel, asking for an apology. And they did apologize to her, calling it an unfortunate incident.

"The incident occurred purely due to the misunderstanding of the employees and we would like to clarify that there is no such management policy existent in the hotel. Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach welcomes and respect each and every guest and this incident in no way reflects our true standards of service. An official apology letter from the hotel management and employees involved has also been sent to the guest.” the management said

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/dubai-hotel-management-apologies-after.html

Re: Dubai Hotel Management Apologises After Staff Refuses To Serve A Nigerian Woman by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2015
ayusco85:
Am surprised they even apologised. Arab muslims are the most Racist race on earth. Bunch of virgin seeking terrorist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother And Son Die In Road Crash In Taraba (Photos) / A Tourism Visit To The Unilorin Dam - Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) / Passengers Die In A Fatal Accident In Ondo (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.