Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS (1051 Views)

CEO Of Mercedes Sits Inside Benz To Take The Gun Shots In His Bullet Proof Car / Innoson Produces Bullet Proof Version Of Innoson SUV That Can Stop AK47 Bullet / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS by sewentybaba: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2015
Gurus please I need your help.
I have a Honda bullet, which I've been using for 3 years with no issues. I decided to change the ball joint last week after noticing the sound coming from ball joint anytime I make a turn. The sound is gone but I think the mechanic tampered with the ABS. Anytime I start the car, the breaks will be hard. After 10 seconds it's back to normal and the ABS light will be On. What could be the problem. Am afraid, I might have to buy complete ABS.
Re: Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS by Denn(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2015
sewentybaba:
I have a Honda bullet, which I've been using for 3 years with no issues. I decided to change the ball joint last week after noticing the sound coming from ball joint anytime I make a turn. The sound is gone but I think the mechanic tampered with the ABS. Anytime I start the car, the breaks will be hard. After 10 seconds it's back to normal and the ABS light will be On. What could be the problem. Am afraid, I might have to buy complete ABS.

Your car is obd 1.

Use a jumper pin to get the abs code.

You can Google how to use jumper pin to get Honda obd 1 codes. The connector should be on the right front passenger well. Its a blue connector. Under the dash.

Use an office pin to jump the connector and study the abs light. It will give a series of flashes.

Read more about this in Google.

NB. Honda bullet abs is a complete system....not just one part. Sensors, pump, and some other units (forgotten the name)

Get the code first before throwing parts
Re: Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS by eherbal(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2015
Here's a link on how to manually pull codes from your bullet without a scanner

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/honda-codes-without-a-scanner-obd-i

This other link is the interpretation of the code pulled

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/hondaacura-obd-i-codes-1992-1995

No rocket science. Very easy to accomplish

It's for honda accord cars from 92 to 95 cool
Re: Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS by sewentybaba: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Denn:

Your car is obd 1.

Use a jumper pin to get the abs code.

You can Google how to use jumper pin to get Honda obd 1 codes. The connector should be on the right front passenger well. Its a blue connector. Under the dash.

Use an office pin to jump the connector and study the abs light. It will give a series of flashes.

Read more about this in Google.

NB. Honda bullet abs is a complete system....not just one part. Sensors, pump, and some other units (forgotten the name)

Get the code first before throwing parts
Thank You sir
Re: Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS by sewentybaba: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2015
eherbal:
Here's a link on how to manually pull codes from your bullet without a scanner

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/honda-codes-without-a-scanner-obd-i

This other link is the interpretation of the code pulled

http://www.ericthecarguy.com/hondaacura-obd-i-codes-1992-1995

No rocket science. Very easy to accomplish

It's for honda accord cars from 92 to 95 cool

thanks
Re: Am Having Issues With MY Honda Bullet ABS by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 19, 2015
sewentybaba:
Bros pls i need to reach you. I have a honda bullet myself which I need advice about.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Recommend Power Steering Fluid For Toyota Camry 00 / Looking For PRESTONE Coolant/antifreeze / 2011 Range Sport Bought For #13m Never Used, Now Selling For #10m. C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.