Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,745 members, 7,806,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Need An Advice, Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need An Advice, Pls (1156 Views)

When Your In-laws Behave This Way, What Will You Do? Advice Pls / My Wife Got Pregnant For Another Man.. I Need An Advice / Advice Pls: This Married Man Sends Me Money But Doesn't Want Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need An Advice, Pls by polyte: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
I honestly need a guide/advice from married, intelligent parents in the house:
I have 2 kids with a woman that we are no more living together under same roof but with her mum for 4 years now. Meanwhile, I have been responsible for their school fees and maintenance...only they are not with me.
But my issue is that their mother will never want them in my house even when they are on holiday.
The last discussion on the subject caused rancor between us and I decided I was going to halt the payment of their fees, if i would only be a financier and will not have privilege to take them out/to my house.
pls can somebody advise if it is a right step in the right direction.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by boombay(m): 2:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by Cutehector(m): 2:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
U hav every right to hav a time with ur kids.. See a lawyer immediately
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by totalhouse(m): 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2015
If u can inbox me ur no, we can talk or chat?
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Pls dont stop training those kids. They are yours and believe me, someday they will look for you.

Pls continue paying for their fees.

Have a good talk with their mother and make her see reasons with you. Tell her that she shouldnt make the kids feel like bastards when they have a father.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by thorpido(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2015
I think you should get a lawyer.There's no reason why you shouldn't have access to the children especially when you are responsible for their schooling.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by MARKone(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
polyte:
I have 2 kids with a woman that we are no more living together under same roof but with her mum for 4 years now. Meanwhile, I have been responsible for their school fees and maintenance...only they are not with me.
But my issue is that their mother will never want them in my house even when they are on holiday.
The last discussion on the subject caused rancor between us and I decided I was going to halt the payment of their fees, if i would only be a financier and will not have privilege to take them out/to my house.

I will advice you to continue sending the money for school fees, and even feeding allowance, apart from posterity judging you, it is majorly your responsibility, unless you are genuinely not financially capable of doing so....at the moment, then you might be excused. Keep on doing it and keep all records, to avoid it being used against you tomorrow. To make the kids come to your place can't be achieved with force, it is a gradual and subtle thing, which might involve serious pleading with their mother, even if the two of you don't see eye to eye, swallow ur pride. I don't know if the two of you were legally married or the circumstances surrounding the union, but if the kids are up to 7 years, you are entitled to joint or sole custody by law, but two of you should be matured enough not to allow the situation degenerate to going to court for the custody of the kids, you guys can work it out, just be patient. Don't give up on ur kids.

1 Like

Re: Need An Advice, Pls by polyte: 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2015
MARKone:

I will advice you to continue sending the money for school fees, and even feeding allowance, apart from posterity judging you, it is majorly your responsibility, unless you are genuinely not financially capable of doing so....at the moment, then you might be excused. Keep on doing it and keep all records, to avoid it being used against you tomorrow. To make the kids come to your place can't be achieved with force, it is a gradual and subtle thing, which might involve serious pleading with their mother, even if the two of you don't see eye to eye, swallow ur pride. I don't know if the two of you were legally married or the circumstances surrounding the union, but if the kids are up to 7 years, you are entitled to joint or sole custody by law, but two of you should be matured enough not to allow the situation degenerate to going to court for the custody of the kids, you guys can work it out, just be patient. Don't give up on ur kids.
really appreciate ur advice..many tthanks
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by boldx(m): 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2015
Make sure you keep all the receipts for the school fees. You will need them someday to prove to your children that you are NOT a HIT AND RUN father. Mark my words.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by blank(f): 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
Take her to family court and sue for visitation rights. Yes, in Nigeria. There are social welfare boards that do their job.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2015
blank:
Take her to family court and sue for visitation rights. Yes, in Nigeria. There are social welfare boards that do their job.

Exactly.

OP, also remember to always keep record of all the money you are spending on your kids. You will need it to proove you have been playing your part and that you are a responsible father.

Some women are just terrible. Why deny a father the visitation rights?
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
People have given you some good advice already. . Don't stop training your kids...

Btw, is she your babymama or you are/were married?
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by gidjah(m): 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
pls never stop that , it can be used against you tomorrow, women can b terrible a times. come down with humility, talk to your woman calmly, she will succumb, work it out with her, it will work. are you single at home now, ?if No, she might be trying to protect her kids any how. show her love too, after two kids for you,she can't be a push over bros, both of you hav emotions trouble and must be worked upon o.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by GboyegaD(m): 11:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Have you also tried talking to her mum about you wanting the kids to visit you so that you can have some time with them? She might not have a good understanding that you also have a right to the kids thus, the reason for her action.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by mcdokwe(m): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2015
polyte:
try a more proactive but peaceful way to get to spend more time with your kids, make her realize that she might deny you access to them thinking she is hurting you while in actual sense she is hurting the kids. As for the financing, don't withdraw as that would be the kids suffering too and you wouldn't want your children to lack when you can afford it.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by dahmie2013: 8:24am On Jul 17, 2015
2 wrongs can't make a right bro. Have a rethink, like sumone wrote, dey will look 4 u.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by eyinjuege: 8:59am On Jul 17, 2015
Do you have another woman living with you in your house? She may not be comfortable leaving her young children in the care of another woman.
If you do, you can introduce your new woman to her and the children together. Let them all spend time when you go visit your kids probably at an eatery or park. The world doesn't have to end because you two seperated, and both women can actually relate well for the sake of the children.
Re: Need An Advice, Pls by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 17, 2015
Continue sending dem money, wen dhe grow up and friends start talking abt their fathers, ur children will search for u.
U gonna enjoy dat moment, d mum is only trying to form "am d one suffering for u all", buh just be calm.
And be ready for dat day!!!!!!
No matter how long it takes, it will surely come.

(1) (Reply)

Yes, It Is Proper For A Husband To Teach His Wife How To Manage The Home / Did I Have A Hand In Mother And Son's Death? / What Would You Do In This Situation??(pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.