Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft (6943 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Tunde Bakare Blows Hot ! ( Why I Quit Redeemed Church ) / Adeboye(redeemed Church) Acquires N4bn Aircraft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by bilymuse: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2009
[size=20pt]Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft[/size]
By Chinedu Eze, 03.10.2009

The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has acquired a new aircraft for N4 billion ($28 million).
The aircraft, a Gulfstream 4XP, with number 707EA, arrived Lagos from Bahamas last Sunday.
Industry insiders said the Gulfstream 4XP is a transatlantic aircraft that has the capacity of about 15 passengers depending on the configuration.
The church acquired the aircraft years after the General Overseer of Living Faith Worldwide, a.k.a. Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, acquired a Challenger aircraft, with number D6640, which was parked a few meters away from Adeboye’s Gulfstream when THISDAY visited the airside of General Aviation Terminal (GAT) yesterday.
A pilot told THISDAY that the aircraft and many others privately owned by Nigerians are not registered with Nigerian code “N” because “they usually  say that they chattered it for a while whenever they are questioned. You know Bishop Oyedepo of Winners has been operating this aircraft (pointing to the Challenger) for sometime, but it has remained in foreign registration number.”
THIDAY also learnt that Oyedepo has ordered for another  aircraft bigger than the one acquired by Adeboye.
By 2.00 pm yesterday, officials who looked like engineers were seen inspecting the aircraft, which was allowed to rev for hours.
Besides buying the aircraft, a lot of money would be spent in maintaining it and paying the crew, in addition to the landing and parking charges.
Unlike a commercial aircraft which is always in the air, the private jet will spend more time on the ground and must be checked before taking off.
An aeronautical engineer with one of the airlines said besides the mandatory checks, much money would not be spent on its maintenance for now “because it is a new aircraft, but you know that there are rotables which are time-bound parts which are changed regularly.
“The same with refitting parts. These are parts that are changed after every 12 or 15 calendar months whether you are flying or not. So, acquiring a private aircraft means that you are ready to be spending money to keep it going.”
Expressing surprise on the purchase, a former official of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), who craved anonymity, said with the present global economic recession, it was shocking that anyone, even a business man could spend such money on a private aircraft.
He said: “This is unbelievable. You know the amount of poverty in this land, which I know is widespread. How can he acquire such aircraft when he knows that members of his church are suffering?
“Look, even the Pope does not have a private jet. I am a Catholic. It is true that Catholic is the richest church in the world in terms of artefacts but the Pope flies Alitalia. How can the Pope tell the church that he wants a private jet?”
Since 1999, many Nigerians have acquired private aircraft.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=137736
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by bilymuse: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2009
In God we trust
Give to Cesar what is Cesar ,

May be its time this mega rich religious organisations starts paying tax. I wonder how many indigenous companies can acquire N4bn aircraft without blinking an eye.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by JJYOU: 1:39pm On Mar 10, 2009
bilymuse:

[size=20pt]Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft[/size]
By Chinedu Eze, 03.10.2009

The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) has acquired a new aircraft for N4 billion ($28 million).
The aircraft, a Gulfstream 4XP, with number 707EA, arrived Lagos from Bahamas last Sunday.
Industry insiders said the Gulfstream 4XP is a transatlantic aircraft that has the capacity of about 15 passengers depending on the configuration.
The church acquired the aircraft years after the General Overseer of Living Faith Worldwide, a.k.a. Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, acquired a Challenger aircraft, with number D6640, which was parked a few meters away from Adeboye’s Gulfstream when THISDAY visited the airside of General Aviation Terminal (GAT) yesterday.
A pilot told THISDAY that the aircraft and many others privately owned by Nigerians are not registered with Nigerian code “N” because “they usually  say that they chattered it for a while whenever they are questioned. You know Bishop Oyedepo of Winners has been operating this aircraft (pointing to the Challenger) for sometime, but it has remained in foreign registration number.”
THIDAY also learnt that Oyedepo has ordered for another  aircraft bigger than the one acquired by Adeboye.
By 2.00 pm yesterday, officials who looked like engineers were seen inspecting the aircraft, which was allowed to rev for hours.
Besides buying the aircraft, a lot of money would be spent in maintaining it and paying the crew, in addition to the landing and parking charges.
Unlike a commercial aircraft which is always in the air, the private jet will spend more time on the ground and must be checked before taking off.
An aeronautical engineer with one of the airlines said besides the mandatory checks, much money would not be spent on its maintenance for now “because it is a new aircraft, but you know that there are rotables which are time-bound parts which are changed regularly.
“The same with refitting parts. These are parts that are changed after every 12 or 15 calendar months whether you are flying or not. So, acquiring a private aircraft means that you are ready to be spending money to keep it going.”
Expressing surprise on the purchase, a former official of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), who craved anonymity, said with the present global economic recession, it was shocking that anyone, even a business man could spend such money on a private aircraft.
He said: “This is unbelievable. You know the amount of poverty in this land, which I know is widespread. How can he acquire such aircraft when he knows that members of his church are suffering?
“Look, even the Pope does not have a private jet. I am a Catholic. It is true that Catholic is the richest church in the world in terms of artefacts but the Pope flies Alitalia. How can the Pope tell the church that he wants a private jet?”
Since 1999, many Nigerians have acquired private aircraft.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=137736
meaning the guys who said this man bought one last year were telling fibs
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2009
If they can afford it, why not.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Becomrrich: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2009
It they can afford why not
That is nonsense thing to say. The redeemed should not that if the story is true.

I hope and pray it is not true.

The church should be more concern with helping members of thier church. Look i know that more than half of the members of the redeemed church live in a face me and face you houses. Is the church about how much they can get from people or about worshiping God and serving the people. Where is Jesus in all this , where. Greed and the love of money have taken over nigeria churches and their love for God have wax cool. may God help us.

I just hope the story is true.

And this is the problem with Nigeria in general. The church and govt need to get it act together.

What does the bible says about thing like this. The bible is against it. We are a nation were poverty is high. Why would a pastor need a aircraft. Why?

We have lost as a nation and the God of this world money have taken our lifes. We know worship material thing that would fade. May God help Nigeria. So they turn my father house into a house of business. I weep for my country. Lies sell and the truth is hated.

Musiwa
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by RichyBlacK(m): 3:18pm On Mar 10, 2009
angry lipsrsealed
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Kobojunkie: 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2009
Nigerians and wahala!! If the people who give him money support him buying a place worth billions, wetin be our own?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Mowire: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2009
Though it is hard to justify but I do know that it is very likely that this is another gift from a group of church members. All his big automobiles are through the same means and not from church's purse. Whether Daddy GO should have accepted it or not is another question which the only mortal who can answer it is himself.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Musiwa: 4:04pm On Mar 10, 2009
I just hope it is a gift. If it is not a gift, there is no moral justification for buying one. If it for commercial purpose , it may be ok, but for personal use. It is wrong. If unbelieve do it, must christain do the same. ?

Now adays we are not able to separate 419 from pastors. Where do we draw the limit now. Why. Our society is nothing better, but some are gettting richer. We must check our heart if something our people are doing is right. A society with no moral is no society at all.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by lucabrasi(m): 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2009
im a member of redeemed and while i wont criticise the man personally,i think its a wrong move and certainly not at this time of global economic turmoil,its gettinmg increasingly difficult for a christian/pentecostal member to defend and rationalise a lot of these actions and its a shame, big automobiles can be justified,even massive mansions can be justified but im still struggling to see the justification for a private jet at this time, a first class compartment will serve his purposes without any discomfort to his person
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Jakumo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 10, 2009
The greedy feeding on the desperation of the needy, and doing very well at it, thank you.

Praise the Lord and pass ME that collection basket.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by deb(m): 4:15pm On Mar 10, 2009
First, the story may not be true.
Even if the story was true it is not our business to complain if redeemed members
are not complaining?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by tpia: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Kobojunkie: 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2009
deb:

First, the story may not be true.
Even if the story was true it is not our business to complain if redeemed members
are not complaining?

You are right on the mark there. No one puts a gun to the head or these people to give. I mean if you attend church on sundays, you will see how many of these people "joyfully" dance out to the front of the church to give the money. Many do it so others can see them giving and so, even if they some complain, I would ask why not choose to STOP GIVING?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by tpia: 4:23pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by beneli(m): 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2009
If this is true, it is immoral, unchrist-like and, quite honestly, a big shame.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
@topic***No Comment***
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Pataki: 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2009
If indeed this story is very true, it is a very wrong move and highly insensitive thing to do.

What is the wisdom in buying a N4bn Aircraft? undecided
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by mustafar1: 4:28pm On Mar 10, 2009
It better get pimped out soul plane style as well.

seriously though this would lead to more plane acquisitions in the next few months by 'rivals' others. its all about the we have arrived mentality we have. WE MUST BE BIGZ!
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by argent(f): 4:48pm On Mar 10, 2009
Am always careful when it comes to matters like this.

But in this case I have to say that if it is true, then RCCG dont have their piorities right. Am sure the church used people's offerings and tithes as part of the money used in acquiring this aircraft when there are people who can barely afford to put food on their tables. It is very sad.

The bible says christain should pay tithes so that there will be food in the house of God, not so that the church will acquire what is not beneficial to the whole concregation. And it is the same tithe payers money that will be used in maintaining the said aircraft. Why are our christains leaders finding it difficult to follow the example of Jesus christ? May God open our eyes of understanding that we may know the truth ourselves and not what somebody is calling as the truth.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Kobojunkie: 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2009
argent:

Am always careful when it comes to matters like this.

But in this case I have to say that if it is true, then RCCG dont have their piorities right. Am sure the church used people's offerings and tithes as part of the money used in acquiring this aircraft when there are people who can barely afford to put food on their tables. It is very sad.

Do you have proof to back up the claims made above? Isn’t it a huge leap to assume that the church does not have its priorities right when the people who you claim are barely above to afford to put food on their tables are the same ones who danced up to give that money to the church in the first place?

argent:

The bible says christain should pay tithes so that there will be food in the house of God, not so that the church will acquire what is not beneficial to the whole concregation.

Please do not add your twist here. It is clear that the Bible does say so that there will be food in the house of God, not so that there will be food On YOUR TABLE. Food in the house of God can be used as the church pleases, right? So the second part of your statement is made out of bias, if I may say so.
If people GIVE, why be INDIAN GIVERS by demanding the church give back to you when the contract is clear that you ought to give and take your eyes off what you have CHOSEN to give up?
argent:

And it is the same tithe payers money that will be used in maintaining the said aircraft. Why are our christains leaders finding it difficult to follow the example of Jesus christ? May God open our eyes of understanding that we may know the truth ourselves and not what somebody is calling as the truth.

If these said Tithe payers do not want their money being used to purchase aircrafts and in building churches, why do they continue to give? It is sort of like donating money for the red cross, and then throwing a fit when the money is used to buy cars for the workers.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Mowire: 5:02pm On Mar 10, 2009
lucabrasi:

im a member of redeemed and while i wont criticise the man personally,i think its a wrong move and certainly not at this time of global economic turmoil,its gettinmg increasingly difficult for a christian/pentecostal member to defend and rationalise a lot of these actions and its a shame, big automobiles can be justified,even massive mansions can be justified but im still struggling to see the justification for a private jet at this time, a first class compartment will serve his purposes without any discomfort to his person

Hey lucabrasi! Watch it brother. If you don't want to criticise "the man" then you shouldn't use such language as shame etc. You have probably heard, on more than one occassion, Pastor Adeboye talk about people whose life dream is to buy a private jet for him. It may be bad timing but their dream will probably have to come true someday. And I think if that is the case they are happy it did.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by preselect(m): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2009
i no talk . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by tpia: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by oderemo(m): 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2009
praise thy lord,

why not , let him have his speed boat, yacht{youghut} its all in the name of thy lord.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by argent(f): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Do you have proof to back up the claims made above? Isn’t it a huge leap to assume that the church does not have its priorities right when the people who you claim are barely above to afford to put food on their tables are the same ones who danced up to give that money to the church in the first place?

I dont know if you are a xtian or not and if you are maybe you dont read your bible or maybe you read and dnt have an understanding. I still maintain that if truly RCCg acquired an aircraft worth 4bn naira, then it is a shame that they dont have their piorities right. The reason being that the only reason why God asks for 10% of our income is for food to be in his house coz the poor will always be among us. If the money that is meant to take care of the poor is used to purchase vanity then something is wrong somewhere. I will use the example of Jesus when he was with the multitude preaching to them. He had compassion on them coz he knew they had been with him for a long time and will be very hungry, while his disciples decided to send them away to fend for themselves, He instead looked for food for them and he fed them. Am not a pastor neither am I a preacher, but that singular act of Jesus is enough for anyboy to know that God wants the needy to be taken care of and if the church is not taking care of the needy, then theres a big problem.
Kobojunkie:

Please do not add your twist here. It is clear that the Bible does say so that there will be food in the house of God, not so that there will be food On YOUR TABLE. Food in the house of God can be used as the church pleases, right? So the second part of your statement is made out of bias, if I may say so.
If people GIVE, why be INDIAN GIVERS by demanding the church give back to you when the contract is clear that you ought to give and take your eyes off what you have CHOSEN to give up?
If these said Tithe payers do not want their money being used to purchase aircrafts and in building churches, why do they continue to give? It is sort of like donating money for the red cross, and then throwing a fit when the money is used to buy cars for the workers.

The food in the house of God is for God? Please dont make me laugh. Will God come down from heaven to come and eat the food or spend the money? Maybe you know better, please enlighten me. Money donated to red cross is for them to do carry out their work better, so if they buy a car it is not out of place. But a church buying a private jet, for what? For the futherance of the Gospel or for their lust after material things?
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by MrCrackles(m): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2009
Na wao ooo!

N4BN jet?!
shocked
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by djvice: 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
There is no religious organization in Nigeria that can justify this purchase. Apologists of the church may want to use transportation gridlock or travel efficiency as an excuse, but listen we are talking about a church, not an investment company. Redeem has never paid the Nigerian government a single kobo as tax revenue to maintain the road to their camp. This is sheer madness and I am at a loss why people can not read between lines that this man Adeboye is a fraud and a charlatan. A country where close to 85% percent live in abject poverty, where people are running helter skelter to make ends meet and where most people are always a pay check away from disaster. How can a church justify using the offerings and tithes of such people to buy such  conspicuous symbol of opulence and gilded consumption. The leadership of this cult or beg your pardon church has a thin ear and demonstrates extremely poor judgement. If I were in government, I will insist on taxing them.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by PastorAIO: 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2009
djvice:

There is no religious organization in Nigeria that can justify this purchase. Apologists of the church may want to use transportation gridlock or travel efficiency as an excuse, but listen we are talking about a church, not an investment company. Redeem has never paid the Nigerian government a single kobo as tax revenue to maintain the road to their camp. This is sheer madness and I am at a loss why people can not read between lines that this man Adeboye is a fraud and a charlatan. A country where close to 85% percent live in abject poverty, where people are running helter skelter to make ends meet and where most people are always a pay check away from disaster. How can a church justify using the offerings and tithes of such people to buy such  conspicuous symbol of opulence and gilded consumption. The leadership of this cult or beg your pardon church has a thin ear and demonstrates extremely poor judgement. If I were in government, I will insist on taxing them.

Sorry . . sorry . . , did I hear you say something about transportation gridlock? Are you talking about lagos-ibadan express? Or something else. Oh, sorry , . just ignore me . . . I'll go back to sleep.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Mowire: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2009
tpia:

you've got to be kidding me.

Your own life dream should be to put him on the moon then.

If he wants to be there and I feel it is more important to put him there rather than invest in things that will make like more meaningful for the poorer brethren, and I can afford it, why not?

I maintain that until I am proven wrong the 4bn for that aircraft may not have come out of the church's purse. If anyone has any proof in the contrary let me know. Like I said this is one action that is difficult to justify.

Any Xtian out here? Watch it! Your real enemy has been looking for one wrong judgement with the wrong language to trap u. Though I am equally alarmed.
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by KunleOshob(m): 6:28pm On Mar 10, 2009
Mowire:

If he wants to be there and I feel it is more important to put him there rather than invest in things that will make like more meaningful for the poorer brethren, and I can afford it, why not?

I maintain that until I am proven wrong the 4bn for that aircraft may not have come out of the church's purse
. If anyone has any proof in the contrary let me know. Like I said this is one action that is difficult to justify.

Any Xtian out here? Watch it! Your real enemy has been looking for one wrong judgement with the wrong language to trap u. Though I am equally alarmed.

Even if the money did not come out of the church's purse which i am almost certain it did is it not the church that would maintain it?? it cost millions of dollars to maintain that type of jet yearly. That apart as a true servant of christ he should have directed the "donors" of the Jet to use the money to uplift the poor as that is what jesus taughtus and would have done in his time. Remember the story of the rich man who asked jesus what he must do to see the kingdom of God: Jesus asked him to sell his property and give to the poor and NOT to the pastor, preacher, church, synagogue as our mordern day preachers would like to distort the word. That Jet glorifies Adeboye and definitely not God. A jet is something insignificant to glorify God with. It is also a bloody waste and mis-appropriation of the church funds as stepefied in the bible. He would surely have to account to God how he used the church money (which is meant to assist the poor)
Re: Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft by Okijajuju1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 10, 2009
Pastor Adeboye is what Jesus would refer to as a pharisee.

So he can purchase a Jet for 4billion but cant worship in Synagouge. Bloody thieves. Atleast T.B isnt purchasing Jets and Taking 4 million Naira yatch cruises.

I hope they all burn in their hell.  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness / Dear Atheist, Do You Feel The Need To Be Thankful? / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.