Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly (73252 Views)

The Best Android Devices In Nigeria According To Price Category / 6 Amazing Devices To Be Launched During The Jumia Mobile Week (photos) / How Do I Connect My Android Phone To My Tv Wirelessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by eddyland: 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
You can now easily connect your Android to your TV wirelessly so you can stream or watch movies on your Android and have them displayed on your large TV screen. Just follow these simple steps

1. You need an android phone that is compatible with the Miracast Technology and fortunately all android versions from 4.2 and above are Miracast or Wireless Display enabled.

2. Your TV has to be Miracast enable and fortunately again most modern TVs these days are Miracast enabled. If your TV is not enabled then you have to opt for the alternative, which is acquiring a piece of Miracast or screen cast dongle that you will insert in your TV 2nd HDMI outlet to make it Miracast enabled.

When the 2 conditions above have been met, you can now follow the simplified steps below to connect the android to your TV.

3. Switch on your TV set and leave or change the display to input mode

4. With your android phone now, head to Settings>>display>>castscreen

5. While on the Cast Screen, tap the menu soft key on your phone and select Enable Wireless Display

6. At this point you now wait for it to search and detect the TV Miracast screen, which when detected, it will show it on your phone’s cast sreen

7. All you need to do now when it has displayed the TV Miracast on your phone is to select it and your android device screen will then start displaying on your TV screen

Source: http://highteknology..nl/2015/07/how-to-wirelessly-connect-android.html

49 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Bilabong(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2015
Informative
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2015
waiting for who will try it first

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by psucc(m): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
I still dey use my Akira 14" TV. It saves me de trouble with low voltage.
Can it work.

26 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by eddyland: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
psucc:

Can it work.
omo, that TV no even get HDMI outlet even if u will opt for the Miracast dongle. Dat nobi modern TV na.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Winna01(m): 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by bongolistik(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
psucc:

Can it work.
do people still use Akira in this jet age?

12 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Paitty(f): 8:15pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ok
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Android the future

Some people no go still gree

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by martineverest(m): 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
ollah1:
Android the future

Some people no go still gree
it seems u are not a tech savvy........android is only successful in phone segment......android iot,android tv and android wear are all falling......windows 10 is d future

6 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 16, 2015
martineverest:
it seems u are not a tech savvy........android is only successful in phone segment......android iot,android tv and android wear are all falling......windows 10 is d future

You keep hyping windows 10. It's yet to debut, nobody knows exactly what it will turn out to be. People are just optimistic it will be great cos of the unity of the platform but that doesn't still mean anything.

Why don't u wait first and confirm what the OS is all about before including it and concluding it's the future

30 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by emilyone(f): 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
Where can one possibly get the miracast from
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
emilyone:
Where can one possibly get the miracast from

computer village
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by boss1310(m): 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2015
am still using my SANYO black and white four legged tv with lucozade nylon to make it appear colored.so where is the miracast port

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by opwa4us(m): 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]some people are desperately backward. Akira tele
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by pbs4real(m): 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
Paitty:
Ok
ok wat
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by martineverest(m): 12:00am On Jul 17, 2015
ollah1:

You keep hyping windows 10. It's yet to debut, nobody knows exactly what it will turn out to be. People are just optimistic it will be great cos of the unity of the platform but that doesn't still mean anything.

Why don't u wait first and confirm what the OS is all about before including it and concluding it's the future
Windows 10 is a true and complete platform,from phones,tablet,iot,computers,surface hub,augmented reality to virtual reality devices which are mostly x86 devices,unlike Android dats phone and RISC(ARM) ridden.......just pray apple dosnt merge osx and ios,android ll be do dead
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 17, 2015
UK used smart TV of all brands available . Op pls permit me . www.nairaland.com/2429110/uk-used-smart-tvs-affordable
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 17, 2015
martineverest:
Windows 10 is a true and complete platform,from phones,tablet,iot,computers,surface hub,augmented reality to virtual reality devices which are mostly x86 devices,unlike Android dats phone and RISC(ARM) ridden.......just pray apple dosnt merge osx and ios,android ll be do dead

You keep writing this same grammer everywhere. Let it debut first, is it only Microsoft that is into all these things? Ain't Google into it too? From phone to tablet to computers and VR et al. Let apple merge osx and ios. Ain't Google into chrome os for pcs. Abeg leave story. All these companies aren't sleeping

10 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by martineverest(m): 12:31am On Jul 17, 2015
ollah1:

and waz d outcome of chromebook?You keep writing this same grammer everywhere. Let it debut first, is it only Microsoft that is into all these things? Ain't Google into it too? From phone to tablet to computers and VR et al. Let apple merge osx and ios. Ain't Google into chrome os for pcs. Abeg leave story. All these companies aren't sleeping

1 Like

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by martineverest(m): 12:36am On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=ollah1 post=35949717]

and waz d outcome of chromebook and google glass?...do u realise dat windows tablets is pushing android tablets and ipads out of dia positions ?dat tells u dat x86 is d future.....
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=martineverest post=35949796][/quote]

relax bro, chromebook is selling like pan cakes. Its working and going on as planned. Google is meeting their target. Google glass isn't a product that was made to the general public and note its first of its kind. Not all products boom at a go. Yes surface is selling cos its more of a laptop, do you actually think Google and Apple will fold their hands and not launch a similar thing. Guess u must have heard the rumours of the ipad pro, thats the answer to Surface and of course Samsung would definitely reply it with a Galaxy Tab too with high end hardware features et al.

So bro calm down your nerves

2 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by xdream(m): 12:50am On Jul 17, 2015
op I use a Samsung 32" TV. Please how do I enable or locate the miracast?
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by mousco(m): 2:19am On Jul 17, 2015
Opt if u re giving tutorial try to use pictures to illustrate... I ve tried it wit my 42" LED TV but not working

4 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by eddyland: 5:38am On Jul 17, 2015
boss1310:
am still using my SANYO black and white four legged tv with lucozade nylon to make it appear colored.so where is the miracast port
look on top, u will see it, and if you didn't see it there, then check the leg

5 Likes

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by eddyland: 5:58am On Jul 17, 2015
xdream:
op I use a Samsung 32" TV. Please how do I enable or locate the miracast?
Samsung calls it AllShare Cast, so if u see a logo with dat name on ur Samsung TV then you should know it is Miracast enabled
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by cynhamscakes(f): 6:03am On Jul 17, 2015
Op, my Gionee M3 doesn't have Miracast on the display options. How do i go about this please?

1 Like

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by daey118(m): 6:03am On Jul 17, 2015
bongolistik:
do people still use Akira in this jet age?
if yu wan yab the brother do it swiftly na....which one is all ds style style na......btw....bros abeg upgrade....God go do am smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by Drizzle007(m): 6:21am On Jul 17, 2015
Op show us prove that it worked for u... Nobody Don give testimony.

1 Like

Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by eddyland: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2015
mousco:
Opt if u re giving tutorial try to use pictures to illustrate... I ve tried it wit my 42" LED TV but not working
what is ur TV brand, let's help to show u whether it is Miracast enabled
Re: How To Connect Android Devices To TV Wirelessly by eddyland: 6:57am On Jul 17, 2015
Drizzle007:
Op show us prove that it worked for u... Nobody Don give testimony.
something that will not even take u up to 2min to set up if your devices are Miracast enabled and will cost u absolutely nothing, you are still looking for proof. Maybe you should give me that your spoon let me spoon feed you with Akamu, or do you also still use Akira TV as someone up there?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Bought This Phone 30500 / How Do I Transfer My Saved Pages In Opera Mini To Another Phone? / Complete Guide On How To Fix Slow Charging On All Infinix Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.