Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Would You Marry You're Cousin? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Would You Marry You're Cousin? (2939 Views)

You / Would You Marry A Second Wife If You Were Wealthy? / Can a Musim marry his cousin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry You're Cousin? by gombos: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2009
The only reason some people might find it weird is because we're raised so closely with our cousins. Practically as brother and sister. So we know that in Islam, cousin or not cousin mixing is not permitted, so hypothetically if you guys were not raised closely with your cousins and wasn't married would u go for it ? and why not?
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Lagosboy: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2009
Of course it is allowed and people do it in northern Nigeria. Aisans, arabs and other parts of the world do it well. The only problem arises when ur raised together then you would never imagine she could be your wife. grin
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 10, 2009
uh oh . . . marrying ur cousin? What next?
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by elctroguru(m): 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2009
You are allowed to marry your cousin from either side.

4:23 Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;-
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by ttruth(m): 12:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
@post :

Islam permits incest. So go ahead and marry your cousin. Just remember you are writing a letter to genetic diseases wink
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Virgo83(m): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
elctroguru:

You are allowed to marry your cousin from either side.

4:23 Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;-

You answered it all my Brother.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 14, 2010
Abuzola can marry his cousin
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2012
Yuck!

How can someone want to marry his or her cousin?
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
You are so determined to bash Islam that you even went to resurrect an old topic to do so. . . . . .sad

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis: You are so determined to bash Islam that you even went to resurrect an old topic to do so. . . . . .sad

lol...It was linked to my thread!

However, its good that you are ashamed of this practice....thats why you chose to comment....it pains you!
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Sweetnecta: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2012
Adam, the father and mother of Eve married her as his wife. She said yes so quickly, to.

They had children; sons and daughters.
Where did the children get their spouses? You guessed it, from siblings who are not from the same pregnancy.

Then they had children, too.
Their children didn't marry their aunts and uncles. Even then it was not permissible.
Their husbands and wives were gotten from the pool of cousins.

Finally the atheist guy is a descendant of this cousin/cousin relationship, which was a result of brother/sister relationship.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: Adam, the father and mother of Eve married her as his wife. She said yes so quickly, to.

They had children; sons and daughters.
Where did the children get their spouses? You guessed it, from siblings who are not from the same pregnancy.

Then they had children, too.
Their children didn't marry their aunts and uncles. Even then it was not permissible.
Their husbands and wives were gotten from the pool of cousins.

Finally the atheist guy is a descendant of this cousin/cousin relationship, which was a result of brother/sister relationship.

Adam and Eve is a fairytale.

Epic fail, try again.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

lol...It was linked to my thread!

However, its good that you are ashamed of this practice....thats why you chose to comment....it pains you!
If you say so.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
If you say so.

lol....... wink
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by vedaxcool(m): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
www.cousincouples.com/?page=states

Typical of our christian brothers making a fuss over nothing, the above link provides information on American states that allows cousin marriage etc. Strangely u find an atheist who follows biblical laws (closet christian?) Making a fuss over cousin marriage the question remains who defines incest? Incest is more of a religious connotation yet why would an atheist make a fuss over religious culture etc when his disbelief calls all this unscientific etc? Don't be ashamed to return. Back to ye roots (Catholicsm)! grin grin grin
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
vedaxcool: Don't be ashamed to return. Back to ye roots (Catholicsm)! grin grin grin
Or better still, to embrace Islam.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Fellis and Vedaxcool, you peeps are shamelessly ignorant. It explains why you are religious.

Please, look for the meaning of consanguinity as defined in genetics.

Think before you insult people. SMH...bringing biblical and American laws as if you love straw men
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01: Fellis and Vedaxcool, you peeps are shamelessly ignorant. It explains why you are religious.
Typical arrogant atheist. So we are ignorant that is why we are theist? I guess that means you are very educated and that is why you are atheist. :-/
Nobody is forcing you to accept cousin marriage, I don't understand why the issue is biting you so much.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
Typical arrogant atheist. So we are ignorant that is why we are theist? I guess that means you are very educated and that is why you are atheist. :-/
Nobody is forcing you to accept cousin marriage, I don't understand why the issue is biting you so much.

lol....is it biting me or you?

You know it is bad because of the risk of of genetic diseases but because you dont want to lose face to an atheist you avoid admitting the truth.

As for being educated, there are muslims that are not religious per se. They accept that the quran is not 100% accurate. They get married to Jews and christians and they dont believe in polygamy.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:
As for being educated, there are muslims that are not religious per se. They accept that the quran is not 100% accurate.
One has to accept the Qur'an as 100% accurate in order to be a Muslim at all. The people you speak of are not Muslims.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Sweetnecta: 7:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
^^^^
by MacDaddy01: 4:57pm

Adam and Eve is a fairytale.

Epic fail, try again.
how did you not escape genetic disease[s] in spite of the spouses that proposed you are not related?
Or do you not have diseases that affect them, but have the ones that affect the british royal family of the house of winsor?

You seem to be living in fairytale, having your brain intact but no heart.

Epic fall atheist.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
One has to accept the Qur'an as 100% accurate in order to be a Muslim at all. The people you speak of are not Muslims.

Trololololo

Please, go and say that in front of their faces. Who are you to say that someone is not a muslim?
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: ^^^^ how did you not escape genetic disease[s] in spite of the spouses that proposed you are not related?
Or do you not have diseases that affect them, but have the ones that affect the british royal family of the house of winsor?

You seem to be living in fairytale, having your brain intact but no heart.

Epic fall atheist.

Sense, you not make.

statement explain, please
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Trololololo

Please, go and say that in front of their faces. Who are you to say that someone is not a muslim?
I am not the one saying it. One of the six articles of faith in Islam is to believe in the Qur'an.
Anyway that is not important. I think you should leave this cousin issue alone. It was discussed exhaustively on another thread before, just let it go.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Trololololo

Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Sweetnecta: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
the atheist dude is getting emotional punched left right front back and even from the top of his head.

bruising him all up. his brain is already a macaroni or maybe a pouched, scrambled eggs? let us help his heart.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
Sweetnecta: the atheist dude is getting emotional punched left right front back and even from the top of his head.

bruising him all up. his brain is already a macaroni or maybe a pouched, scrambled eggs? let us help his heart.

Islam is peaceful cool
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
I am not the one saying it. One of the six articles of faith in Islam is to believe in the Qur'an.
Anyway that is not important. I think you should leave this cousin issue alone. It was discussed exhaustively on another thread before, just let it go.

Is that what you do when faced with things in the Quran that are not true? You ignore it and let it go?
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Is that what you do when faced with things in the Quran that are not true? You ignore it and let it go?
Abeg na you sabi. Do what you like.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
Abeg na you sabi. Do what you like.
You're more hostile to me nowadays sad

Why? grin
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
MacDaddy01:
You're more hostile to me nowadays sad

Why? grin
I wasn't trying to be hostile. I just didn't want to prolong the issue that is why I sounded like that.
Re: Would You Marry You're Cousin? by MacDaddy01: 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
I wasn't trying to be hostile. I just didn't want to prolong the issue that is why I sounded like that.

No probs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Can't Make ur Faith Luk Good By Makin Islam Luk Bad - Wat Xtians Must Know / Virtues Of The First 10 Days Of Dhul Hijjah / Sending 'SALAT/SALAM' On The Prophet's Family: Bid'ah Or Sunnah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.