Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,530 members, 7,801,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank (5164 Views)

Inspiring Job Hunting Story:she Finally Got A Job After Over 50 Job Interviews / Job Openings For Sept 2016 / Urgent Exciting Openings For Exceptional Young Talents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
NOTE THAT ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED ON OR BEFORE :
AUGUST 31, 2015

World Bank Group Recruitment Drive for African Nationals

The World Bank Group is launching a recruitment drive aimed at increasing the number of Sub Saharan Africans in its work force. This commitment to hire Sub Saharan Africans reflects the Bank Group’s senior leadership commitment for a diverse workforce in which African nationals can play a key role in fighting poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Employment opportunities will be in various technical areas and professional streams for talented and diverse young professionals and mid-career level professionals to contribute and grow their skills in a career in international development.

A career with the World Bank Group offers a unique opportunity for exceptionally talented individuals with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most pressing problems. Bank staff work with governments, civil society groups, the private sector, and others in developing countries around the world, assisting people in all areas of development, from policy and strategic advice to the identification, preparation, appraisal, and supervision of development projects.

Below are the areas that we are currently recruiting for. Positions may be based in Washington, D.C. or in a regional office.

Qualifications for the entry level is a Master's degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience. For mid-career professionals, the requirements are a Master's degree plus 8 years of relevant professional experience. Ideal candidates for these positions must have a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, the ability to conduct dialogue on relevant development policies and priorities, and be fluent in English with very good writing and communication skills.
All applications must be received by August 31, 2015. Qualified candidates will be interviewed at the beginning of September 2015 in locations in Africa and Europe. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.

To submit your application, please click the area(s) listed below.

1] Macro-fiscal Management
2] Transport and ICT
3] Poverty
4] Health
5] Nutrition, and Population
6] Governance
7] Trade and Competitiveness
8] Education Finance and Markets
9] Social Protection
10] Agriculture
11] Environment Energy and Extractives
12] Social Urban, Rural, and Resilience
13] Water
14] Information Technologies
15] Investment (IFC)
16] Finance / Risk Management

CHECK THE SOURCE FOR CLICKABLE HYPER-LINKS : http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/07/over-50-job-openings-for-africans-at.html

cc lalasticlala .. I WANT A NAIRALANDER TO GIVE TESTIMONY ON THIS SOONEST .. PLS FP

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
BEST OF LUCK PALZ
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by Mufasa1805(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2015
Really
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by Largeese(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2015
jobs, jobs, jobs...good to look for jobs and getting one, better creating them.

Notice: For those who have been prodding me to start a very detailed thread on how to generate income on Fiverr.com working from home. here it is.... The Free Fiverr Training Guide on Nairaland With Screenshots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by Ask4bigneyo(m): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2015
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by auntysimbiat(f): 9:07pm On Jul 16, 2015
uncle lalasticlala ... this thing is real and timely ... our people {nairalanders} wont hate it oooo .. FP bro
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 8:12am On Jul 17, 2015
smiley wink shocked

1 Like

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 17, 2015
Hi Friends,please don't get too excited about this job opening by World Bank!!You know why?For all positions you need to have a minimum of 5 years experience and a Masters Degree!!!If you don't have any of this just forget it!

1 Like

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 9:50am On Jul 17, 2015
Rolly83:
Hi Friends,please don't get too excited about this job opening by World Bank!!You know why?For all positions you need to have a minimum of 5 years experience and a Masters Degree!!!If you don't have any of this just forget it!

Some are just with degree and may be certifications and little experience
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by EKITI001: 5:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
I Just applied

... I have seen dem employing just degree holder before.. Without a year experience... They only put those things to scare people off .. If u need a job.. Apply., it does not cost u money.. Apply wit ur current qualification.. Okay??
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by wristbangle: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
EKITI001:
I Just applied

... I have seen dem employing just degree holder before.. Without a year experience... They only put those things to scare people off .. If u need a job.. Apply., it does not cost u money.. Apply wit ur current qualification.. Okay??

Okay
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by EKITI001: 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
Dats just the cheat code to get job bro... Apply even if u don't meet up to wat dey want
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by auntysimbiat(f): 1:20am On Jul 18, 2015
Done.. Thanks
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
UWC
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by EKITI001: 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
@op .. Is it possible for me to make correction on my submitted application ?? Do u have an idea if dis will be possible ?
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
EKITI001:
@op .. Is it possible for me to make correction on my submitted application ?? Do u have an idea if dis will be possible ?

You should be able to edit ur application . but if not editable, u can submit another one.. The deadline is still far.. So submit the best thing you have..
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by auntysimbiat(f): 11:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
am done .. .thanks for this... good luck to me...

heard from a liable source that they are getting just little number of applications.. so the chance of getting the job is high for the applicants... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 8:00am On Jul 22, 2015
Uwc
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by yemitezoe(m): 10:06am On Jul 22, 2015
I like this update. Thanks so much
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by nzomopn: 10:29am On Jul 22, 2015
[quote author=nzomopn post=36147226]hi all,
from a previous thread I learnt that world bank job applicants are required to sit for a computer based interview to test their skills. can someone tell me or give me a clue on what to expect coz I applied for a job and waiting for a positive response from them .pat
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 10:42am On Jul 22, 2015
YES...they will conduct a computer based test n interview..

for what to expect, i will get it for u.. let me ask an in house person.. brb..

1 Like

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by nzomopn: 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
brb
much appreciated for the response.
the job is for team assistant.
looking forward to the' leakage' pat cheesy wink smiley
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2015
OKAY BRO

1 Like

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 12:53am On Jul 24, 2015
YES, JUST ASKED SOMEONE... THE PERSON SAID THEY WILL BE DOING THE PROCESS WITH THESE NEW ONES BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR , EVERYTHING WILL BE CONCLUDED
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
congrats and congrats to us ..

World Bank appoints Nigeria’s Arunma Oteh Vice President, Treasurer
http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/07/world-bank-appoints-nigerias-arunma.html
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by nzomopn: 8:20am On Jul 27, 2015
hi,
after a n ice weekend
does any one have an Idea on what kind of compute based exam is given by world bank

oatzeal: you were to get some info on that subject!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2015
SORRY BRO, I HAVE BIN SO BUSY WITH OTHER THINGS
nzomopn:
hi,
after a n ice weekend
does any one have an Idea on what kind of compute based exam is given by world bank
oatzeal: you were to get some info on that subject!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by nzomopn: 7:07am On Jul 28, 2015
oatzeal:
SORRY BRO, I HAVE BIN SO BUSY WITH OTHER THINGS
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
wink wink wink
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
i have been trying to reach the person, but not reachable for now
nzomopn:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by nzomopn: 9:04am On Jul 29, 2015
fair enough
will be patient wink
Re: Over 50 Job Openings For Africans At World-bank by oatzeal(m): 9:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
okies thanks
nzomopn:
fair enough
will be patient wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

MRC Limited Invitation 4 Interview / Notice::::beware Of This Lady, She Is Scamming People / 2016 N-power Leadership Meet, Rejects Exit Package, Insist On Permanency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.