Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira (58380 Views)

See Copies Of The Primary Four Exam Failed By Thousands Of Teachers In Kaduna / Photos Of The University Of Ibadan Student Who Jumped To Her Death / How I Used What I Had To Get What I Wanted In The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by opedaydydx9(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Freemanan:
Is that newsflash or what?
k
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Slimmos(m): 4:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
Swagk101:
No no....ABU does rag day(jst graduated last year tho), has it been stopped?
which A.B.U did u graduate from? i did all my schooling inside A.B.U campus: primary, secondary and university; i hav never seen any A.B.U student during rag day.
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Swagk101(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Slimmos:
which A.B.U did u graduate from? i did all my schooling inside A.B.U campus: primary, secondary and university; i hav never seen any A.B.U student during rag day.
Common man, rag day was done in my set(U09) just that it was only confined within d campus(Samaru specifically).Peace cool
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Slimmos(m): 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
Swagk101:
Common man, rag day was done in my set(U09) just that it was only confined within d campus(Samaru specifically).Peace cool
Bro, chill, it is not called rag day rather it is called old school day, and we dont go begging even while in d school.

1 Like

Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Dolypson04(m): 5:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
We FUNAABITES are too busy for that shit. My colleagues here can bear me witnesses.
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
grin
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by abumeinben(m): 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
kenex4ever:
uniport can never b behind uniben.
I heard u guys do objective in year one and two, who on earth fails objective questions. Even ur credit load, they reduced it for u guys in yr1 n 2, d implication is dat even if u perform badly in yr1 u can make amend easily in higher levels but in uniport, credit loads are evenly distributed.
Do u guys have institute of Petroleum studies in uniben? Not to talk of having offshore technology institute. D school fees for those two institutes I mentioned are 3.5 and 2million naira respectively. Can uniben beat that?
Uniport is currently ranked 1st in nigeria and sixth in africa, www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/09/university-of-port-harcourt-ranked-6th-in-africa-1st-in-nigeria/
By times higher education, uk.
Uniben students, oya quote me.

Thanks to the oyel in Rivers state....I don't think Benin City got any oyeh....yet her school had been atop lots of time...I don't question Total E&P sponsored IPS (students pay only 300k,mind you.).
I will say Uniport is welcome to the league of best schools for the first time.

About our grading....its very similar to PAYE...as you advance, ur work load build up, so must ur grade...b4 I left, for engineering, it was 10, 15,20,25,30...

A perfect grading....I do not compare Uniben to ur best school....just be clarified OK

What Total E&P does in department of petroleum in Uniport, Shell does in dept of Chemical Engineering in Uniben.... wink
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by kenex4ever(m): 6:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
abumeinben:

Thanks to the oyel in Rivers state....I don't think Benin City got any oyeh....yet her school had been atop lots of time...I don't question Total E&P sponsored IPS (students pay only 300k,mind you.).
I will say Uniport is welcome to the league of best schools for the first time.

About our grading....its very similar to PAYE...as you advance, ur work load build up, so must ur grade...b4 I left, for engineering, it was 10, 15,20,25,30...
K
A perfect grading....I do not compare Uniben to ur best school....just be clarified OK

What Total E&P does in department of petroleum in Uniport, Shell does in dept of Chemical Engineering in Uniben.... wink
the 300k is paid after winning scholarship but d real fee is 3.5m. That's about ips, what about OTI, dat one is 2m school fee but if u r sent by a company, d coy will pay like 3.5m too. Majority of d oil. Coys partner with oti.
We r saying dsame about d work load, uniben is arranged to favour students which is good though, during my time, we tried to make them change it but it was futile. Am not saying it's bad to make d credit load small in lower levels but it's more favourable to students. I know people dat finished frm uniben dat initially had poor results in yr1 n 2 but yr3-5 covered those errors for them but in uniport, once u do badly in y1 or 2, u chances of making ur desired result will b very slim.
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by cutesimplycalm(f): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
My sch doesn't do this o, Rag day for Unilorin nd u face TANKE straight niyen o
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Graccccccccy(f): 7:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
What is rag day?? *In Jennifer's voice* Rag day is a day people are wear akisa carry pangolo beg for street.... Lol... Rag day? I no fit

1 Like

Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Drdonzeez(m): 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hope its not too tense in maiduguri ?
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Drdonzeez(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hope it's not too tense in Maiduguri?
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by abumeinben(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
kenex4ever:
the 300k is paid after winning scholarship but d real fee is 3.5m. That's about ips, what about OTI, dat one is 2m school fee but if u r sent by a company, d coy will pay like 3.5m too. Majority of d oil. Coys partner with oti.
We r saying dsame about d work load, uniben is arranged to favour students which is good though, during my time, we tried to make them change it but it was futile. Am not saying it's bad to make d credit load small in lower levels but it's more favourable to students. I know people dat finished frm uniben dat initially had poor results in yr1 n 2 but yr3-5 covered those errors for them but in uniport, once u do badly in y1 or 2, u chances of making ur desired result will b very slim.

You will agree with me....that's called growth...the higher the better.....

Where u based bro
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by kenex4ever(m): 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
abumeinben:

You will agree with me....that's called growth...the higher the better.....

Where u based bro
lagos for now, but will b based in pH in a week time.
U nko?
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by abumeinben(m): 11:36pm On Jul 17, 2015
kenex4ever:
lagos for now, but will b based in pH in a week time.
U nko?
b

Am in Lagos....ogba
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by Craigston: 12:31am On Jul 18, 2015
2015/2016 POST-UTME & ADMISSIONS PROCESS - APPLY EARLY

As the admission process and registrations begin for the Post-UTME exams, you can make the proverbial hay while the sun shines.
At Bright Processes, we process your applications for

JAMB (UTME)
POST-UTME for the following
UNIPORT - University of Port Harcourt;
RSUST - Rivers State University of Science and Technology;
Colleges of Education;
Polytechnics.

We also process
WAEC (WASSCE & GCE) registrations,
Airforce, Navy and Army Exams.

Past questions are available for the exams.
APPLY EARLY!
Call: 08094369715.

Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by emirate0(m): 1:09am On Jul 18, 2015
abumeinben:

Hin don be prof?

Yes o
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by kenex4ever(m): 7:31am On Jul 18, 2015
abumeinben:
b
Am in Lagos....ogba
ok Bro
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by kenex4ever(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2015
abumeinben:
b
Am in Lagos....ogba
ok Bro . Do u mind having my BB pin or phone no for whatsapp, which do u prefer?
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by abumeinben(m): 8:03am On Jul 18, 2015
kenex4ever:
ok Bro
Do u mind having my BB pin or phone no for whatsapp, which do u prefer?

All bro ...I'll send a request mail
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by kenex4ever(m): 8:41am On Jul 18, 2015
abumeinben:

All bro ...I'll send a request mail
replied
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by abumeinben(m): 2:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
kenex4ever:
replied

Just replied
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by engrlarex(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
DeanOlamide:

The question is when did u graduate? Rag day is common back then not now.... all the universities see it as break for student back then.... so don't see it as anything embarrassing.... when I was in ife, OAU ragged very well and in fact people appreciate it well back then student and their host community and the school made stickers available for student to buy and wrap them round their can and there u can recognise which school u are from. Rag day is recognised by school back then and lecturers observe that day which it's almost 3 days break and no lectures takes place then... it's long gone now, my brother OAU do am well well......... don't argue what u don't know bros...

But now all the universities now dissociate themselves from it which I am in support cos student now use it as an avenue to do all sort of rubbish if not then it was descent and u get free ride to any part of the state u are going only when the drivers sight the school stickers and logo on ur can and u get money... meaningful parent use it to contribute to the wellbeing of the student..

Sorry unizik doing it now isn't bad and not be seen as something trash....

I can't speak for private universities then cos they are not too common but for federal, state and polytechnics... they all observe it and it's lecture free day..

bro u must be Prof Faborode or Prof Kuku's set...u finished in 1972 when dey still shares chicken at Archi and Awo cafe. Respect sir.
Re: If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira by engrlarex(m): 10:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
DeanOlamide:

The question is when did u graduate? Rag day is common back then not now.... all the universities see it as break for student back then.... so don't see it as anything embarrassing.... when I was in ife, OAU ragged very well and in fact people appreciate it well back then student and their host community and the school made stickers available for student to buy and wrap them round their can and there u can recognise which school u are from. Rag day is recognised by school back then and lecturers observe that day which it's almost 3 days break and no lectures takes place then... it's long gone now, my brother OAU do am well well......... don't argue what u don't know bros...

But now all the universities now dissociate themselves from it which I am in support cos student now use it as an avenue to do all sort of rubbish if not then it was descent and u get free ride to any part of the state u are going only when the drivers sight the school stickers and logo on ur can and u get money... meaningful parent use it to contribute to the wellbeing of the student..

Sorry unizik doing it now isn't bad and not be seen as something trash....

I can't speak for private universities then cos they are not too common but for federal, state and polytechnics... they all observe it and it's lecture free day..

sir u must be Prof Faborode or Prof Kuku's set...u finished in 1972 when dey still shares chicken at Archi and Awo cafe. Respect sir.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rector Of Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe Dies During Sex With Teenager / 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) / Veronica Ezeh-Chioma, UNIZIK Student, Dies Of Gas Explosion (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.