Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja (27314 Views)

Sambo Dasuki In Nigerian Army Uniform (Throwback Photo) / Court Remands Dasuki In Kuje Prison / Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by cyberguy72(m): 10:57am On Jul 17, 2015
LOC1:
Wind of change don dey blow now we go soon see fowl yaNSh
Abeg na revenge mission joor
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 10:58am On Jul 17, 2015
MissAdeife:
Nigeria

I like your package wink

Too bad we're on opposite sides of the political divide, but am building a bridge though, come meet me at the middle cool
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by gbishman: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2015
Am glad this agencies have woken up and embraced their responsibilty
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by MizMyColi(f): 11:05am On Jul 17, 2015
TONYE001:

smiley

I like the way you write...

Thankssmiley

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 11:06am On Jul 17, 2015
Daliano:
If my presido move at the speed this Tanoids are asking for Ehh,then all former ministers and service chiefs are in real problem.

And they will all be released on bail and counter-sue EFCC, DSS and what not and end up walking free, every single one of them

So who are you kidding here?

You think say to pyt kwarruftion na by mouth? undecided

In a democracy you fight corruption within legal parameters and the punishments stipulated for corrupt practices and the requirements to convict someone of corruption favour the corrupt so dullardhino would soon learn the hard way like GEJ did, you don't cut down an iroko tree with your mouth only, it has to decay from within first.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Daliano(m): 11:10am On Jul 17, 2015
BraniacX:

And they will all be released on bail and counter-sue EFCC, DSS and what not and end up walking free, every single one of them

So who are you kidding here?

You think say to pyt kwarruftion na by mouth? undecided

In a democracy you fight corruption within legal parameters and the punishments stipulated for corrupt practices and the requirements to convict someone of corruption favour the corrupt so dullardhino would soon learn the hard way like GEJ did, you don't cut down an iroko tree with your mouth only, it has to decay from within first.

K
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 11:11am On Jul 17, 2015
Gboliwe:

Yes it's a vendetta but I love it anyway. This man was part of the people who has kept this country the way it is. Indeed the terrorist is being vengeful for the wrong reason, but I strongly believe it's payback time for him.

Payback time for ousting his clueless and inept government in 1985 right?

The mumu-ing mumu's never cease to amaze me or didn't you see the A for adviser at the end of his portfolio?
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by nerodenero: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2015
BraniacX:

Did you say vulnerable?
Do you even think before you talk?
If they were vulnerable then, what are they now? Extinguished?
Who is this caveman talking? Go back to the cave to meet your kinds. Ode, oponu, ayiri oshi.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 11:20am On Jul 17, 2015
nerodenero:
Who is this caveman talking? Go back to the cave to meet your kinds. Ode, oponu, ayiri oshi.

You don't want to take that track with me you filthy stinking skunking agbekpo neanderthal
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by sirconfidence1(m): 11:37am On Jul 17, 2015
shamsuRana:
grin

"President Buhari will spend 8 years and there is nothing I or PDP can do about it." ~ Gov Ayo Fayose on State owned EKTV

This Fayose is a crazy man. He is stylishly campaigning for Buhari ahead 2019. He has forgotten that he wished Buhari death before Buhari won presidential election.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Fourwinds: 11:45am On Jul 17, 2015
shamsuRana:
grin

"President Buhari will spend 8 years and there is nothing I or PDP can do about it." ~ Gov Ayo Fayose on State owned EKTV

grin
shamsuRana:
grin

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by ModiKen(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
This is just Vendetta from daura dulllard

Wailing wailer, how market?!
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Toktee(m): 11:51am On Jul 17, 2015
cyberguy72:
OH BOY U BE BIG FOOOOL OO.ASHAWO PICKIN LIKE U
See what hunger can caused,see what hunger has done to this kid.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 17, 2015
Toktee:
too much sexx for ,money is nt good for your health,it makes you talk out of sense always,take my advice.
too much of anal sex make the anus loose so it's obvious she is speaking from the anus and not the mouth
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Fourwinds: 11:56am On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Vendetta ko. veranda ni. if something good is being done enemies of progress will see every negativity to it. what is wrong in asking Dasuki how he spent money allocated to his office over d years. trillions of naira were sank into Boko haram fight. Accountability is needed. I don't care if it is my brother or father.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by zicoraads: 12:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi...the DSS does not send people invitation cards before they pick you up. They are the equivalent of the CIA. It only becomes undemocratic if the person is held indefinitely without being charged to court. What evidence do you need again? The billions of naira that was sunk into defence with nothing to show for it is not evidence enough? The truth is, even you would want an account of that spending.

Moving Marilyn Orgar to Maiduguri was wrong. Very wrong. A wrong that was corrected as soon as they realised their folly. However, I am sure if the President was hell bent on pursuing a vendetta of sorts as you have alluded, then she would still be in Maiduguri. Something tells me that it was his intervention that made the DSS to bring her back to Abuja. On the other hand, demoting her, along with other senior officers was a step in the right direction. That exercise that was done to benefit a select few in the DSS. And I am certain that if your brother or sister was at the receiving end of those who were sidelined, you will be singing a different tune.

I want to believe this President is not stupid enough to go after Dasuki without the DSS having irrefutable evidence of wrongdoing against him. Especially since Buhari would appear to be carrying out a vendetta against him.

For now, the DSS has done the right thing and the President cannot be accused of bypassing democratic tenets. Let us sheath our swords and wait for them to hold him without access to his family or even a court appearance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by ModiKen(m): 12:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
andresia:
The Buhari administration is already looking into how the counter-insurgency initiative was funded. Dasuki is expected to assist substantially in the probe, The Nation learnt.

“You know Dasuki had planned to resign immediately there was a change of government but President Muhammadu Buhari refused to accept because he wanted to clear the Augean Stable in the defence sector.

“Buhari’s position is that all the former Service Chiefs must account for every budget for operations in the last five years. He has been disturbed about reports of corrupt practices by some Service Chiefs.”

The security source confirmed that Dasuki might be investigated on the following issues:

all sources of funding of the campaign against Boko Haram;
purchase of arms from Russia and its cost;
training of the members of the Special Force;
why the seized $15m was hauled in cash to South Africa to the embarrassment of the nation;
what informed the recruitment of South African mercenaries as fighters in Sambisa Forest, Gwoza and some parts of Adamawa and Yobe states; and
why Nigeria rejected military assistance from the US and the UK against Boko Haram.

http://thenationonlineng.net/seized-15m-others-dss-set-to-grill-ex-nsa-dasuki/

So many unanswered questions during GEJ's administration. We need answers to the above questions. Fowl yansh don dey open small small as dis wind of change dey blow so.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by nerodenero: 12:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
BraniacX:

I am filthy stinking skunking agbekpo neanderthal
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by ideylaff: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
zicoraads:
MizMyColi...the DSS does not send people invitation cards before they pick you up. They are the equivalent of the CIA. It only becomes undemocratic if the person is held indefinitely without being charged to court. What evidence do you need again? The billions of naira that was sunk into defence with nothing to show for it is not evidence enough? The truth is, even you would want an account of that spending.

Moving Marilyn Orgar to Maiduguri was wrong. Very wrong. A wrong that was corrected as soon as they realised their folly. However, I am sure if the President was hell bent on pursuing a vendetta of sorts as you have alluded, then she would still be in Maiduguri. Something tells me that it was his intervention that made the DSS to bring her back to Abuja. On the other hand, demoting her, along with other senior officers was a step in the right direction. That exercise that was done to benefit a select few in the DSS. And I am certain that if your brother or sister was at the receiving end of those who were sidelined, you will be singing a different tune.

I want to believe this President is not stupid enough to go after Dasuki without the DSS having irrefutable evidence of wrongdoing against him. Especially since Buhari would appear to be carrying out a vendetta against him.

For now, the DSS has done the right thing and the President cannot be accused of bypassing democratic tenets. Let us sheath our swords and wait for them to hold him without access to his family or even a court appearance.

Exactly... dont know why people are making noise even when they are not privy to what happenned and just getting emotional for anything to nail the President
One minute hs slow, one minute hes undemocratic, one minute hes not meddling in the NASS, one minute they say hes not to smart as a politician

When a whole NSA Budget moved from N50 Billion naira to 150 Billion naira under dasukis reign and u say he does not need questioning

This country makes me cry sometimes

Do they know the kind of power dasuki had....

In high sensitive matters of National Security, exceptions are made. They did not just besiege is house, they arrived his house to show him the search warrant so they can carry out their search and hes has refused to open the door. Even in civilised societies and democracies, once you refuse to open your door to Security Agencies, you leave yourself open to invasion with forceful powers

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Fourwinds: 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
zicoraads:
MizMyColi...even though we support the PDP, I think it shouldn't be a choice that should inhibit our over all sense of right or wrong. I understand that supporting a particular cause might channel all our spirit and emotional strengths into that cause, I will still appeal that you also look at the arguments from the e-PDP supporters with a sense of 'there might be another side of the argument'.

I must admit that the conduct of certain people here in the run up to the 2015 election was both appalling and repulsive, I still think we should live above board and be seen to have done so.

I believe I am closer to the PDP than you are. I also benefited from the PDP led-government, and continue to do so. However, the truth must be told.

In your very first comment on this thread, you alluded to the fact that you wonder why Jonathan left Dasuki. Now that is the spirit. There are certain people in the previous regime that must be held accountable for their stewardship and Dasuki is one of them. Political leaning aside, Jonathan's handling of the Boko Haram issue was not good enough. The former President came on live TV to lament that certain elements who are sympathetic to the BH menace were in his government. Many years down the road and no one was either arrested or convicted. In as much as I believe the BH issue was partly fuelled by the North's 'born to rule' mentality, the President should have tackled it as he did some few weeks to the election.

Anyone who thinks that Dasuki was picked for his role in the coup that ousted Buhari in the 80's should think again. Under Dasuki, the army became a laughing outfit in Nigeria and other countries. The previous NSA didn't perform as badly as Dasuki, but the North protested for long and he was removed. But there was no protest against Dasuki, even though his tenure was worst. And this happened at a time when the defence budget became very huge. The only people who will bring up what happened in the 80's to try and defend Dasuki are those who don't have the interest of this country at heart.

If Jonathan is found wanting during his time as President, he should be made to face justice. Nothing stopped him from probing Obasanjo's time as President. Nigerians would have applauded him had he done so. This country is bigger than any individual. After Buhari leaves office, the incoming administration too would look into his time as President. No one is above the law!
dis is a very reasonable Nigerian.. not dose useless tribalistic., sectional and religious bigots

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by saintol(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
it is better to be slow than being clueless. Slow and steady wins the race, cluelessness wins nothing.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Kunlexity(m): 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Hey Chics....Use your Medulla for once before spewing your usual gibrish.
Can Colonel Dasuki be absolve from the rot of the last administration which almost run country aground?
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by guideman: 12:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Leave the SE alone before AMADIOHA strikes you dead. Face the issues on the ground and stop this your stupid digression.
PassingShot:
Very good development. All those who participated in one way or the other to compromise Nigeria should be treated as enemy of the state irrespective of their tribe, religion or ethnicity.

Let's just imagine Dasuki was an Igbo or a SS person, our brothers and sisters from the East would have started crying blue murder.

PMB will pursue all cases on their merits and demerits and not on where you come from or who you are.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by PassingShot(m): 12:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
guideman:
Leave the SE alone before AMADIOHA strikes you dead. Face the issues on the ground and stop this your stupid digression.
What is AMADIOHA? Sounds like a lame duck.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by BraniacX(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
nerodenero:
I nerodenero am a filthy stinking skunking scallywag dunghill rat agbekpo neanderthal and since I aint got shit upstairs except yoruba invectives, I'll kindly steal and plagerise Braniacx's post so as not to reveal how dumb I am
grin
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
So far so good. Buhari has been doing exactly what he promised to take as priority on his manifesto, which was to fight corruption in the nigerian public space without fear or favour.

If these actions of his also serve the purposes of vendetta against certain individuals and institutions who have wronged him in the past, I think that's fine for him, he can get the work of the nation done and also achieve some catharsis for himself which would probably make him a better person grin

To those pointing fingers at other corrupt individuals operating yet unmolested within and outside Buhari's political circle, I say the purge of our public service has to start from somewhere, Rome was not built in day. This was the same reaction we got when OBJ unleashed Nuhu Ribadu on the nation back in the day, but no innocent person was ever sent to jail, vendetta or not. I wish we could have Nuhu Ribadu back at the EFCC, we need that certain type of individual who is not beholden to anybody to prosecute this epic battle for the soul of Nigeria.4
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by MizMyColi(f): 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
Zicoraads, @your last paragraph, how can that happen when he has been taken to an undisclosed location?
Did you read that part?
How is supposed to get access to a lawyer and his family.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by Objektive: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
KEEP REACTING TO FALSE INFORMATION. DASUKI IS PRESENTLY IN HIS HOUSE AND NEEDS A WARRANT BEFORE HE CAN LEAVE. MAYBE THE DSS IS TRYING TO IMPRESS THE APC.......

LET THEM SHOOT HIM DEAD AND BRING OUT THE BODY FOR TRIAL.............

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by DMerciful(m): 2:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
When you say billions has been spent and nothing to show for it, kindly expatiate. Do you know how much America spent on defence last yr? More than our entire budget since 1960 and what is the result....ISIS now added to Al kaeda, Taliban etetc
zicoraads:

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by zicoraads: 3:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:
Zicoraads, @your last paragraph, how can that happen when he has been taken to an undisclosed location?
Did you read that part?
How is supposed to get access to a lawyer and his family.
Well, you don't expect the DSS to start broadcasting the location of their facilities and detention centres now do you? Those places are suppose to be secret. And, special arrangements are usually made for prisoners to see family members and a lawyer. That is why there is usually an outcry when a detainee is denied access to both.

DMerciful...I think I was even being coy with the truth when I said billions, the appropriate figures should be in trillions. Now, you are honestly bringing up terrorist organisations that are based abroad to justify not being able to defeat or even subdue Boko Haram that is in the country? Still, no American soldier would ever complain of obsolete weaponry or inadequate bullets in any war. When a Nigerian soldier runs away from the battle field as a result of insufficient bullets, despite all the spending on defence, then we need to hold those who have taken those monies to account. America has a huge budget and they spend the money well. Weapons, intelligence, welfare of her soldiers...it doesn't mean that they can police the whole world, no one can. All we are asking is for us to also feel safe in our country.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by nationwide1(m): 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
phlemzy:
Had the erstwhile NSA coincidentally come from the south, the polity would have been boiling by now, as the wailers will be shouting "witch-hunt"..." witch-hunt"!
Do you even know why Dasuki is arrested?

When you get to know it, you'll recant your statement.
Re: DSS Arrests Ex-nsa Dasuki In Abuja by MizMyColi(f): 3:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
zicoraads:
Well, you don't expect the DSS to start broadcasting the location of their facilities and detention centres now do you? Those places are suppose to be secret. And, special arrangements are usually made for prisoners to see family members and a lawyer. That is why there is usually an outcry when a detainee is denied access to both.

We will now wait and see how all this pans out.

I will not be surprised to see or hear that Dasuki wasn't arrested and is cooperating with the agency.
This government is synonymous with sensationalism.

It begs the question though, how you are quick to assume that it was under the directive of Mr President that Ogar was recalled, and then quick to refute lines of thought that this might equally be a vendetta against Dasuki. What makes you think it wasn't him who gave the directive that she be transferred, and then later retraced his steps based on superior advice.

You'd agree with me that based on our different perceptions of the man called Buhari, we are drawing our conclusions.
Have you read about the latest NSA?
Smh.

Either ways, like I posited earlier, I have no pity for people who feed fat at the expense of human lives, it is unforgivable.
Buhari may not have fed fat at the expense of human lives, but it is something in these lines that has repeatedly chained the man to my bad books.....even when I decide to show some support and love.

Why is there no written or audiovisual record of Buhari condemning the killings that trailed his loss in 2011?
How can such a person claim to be concerned about the lives of over 160 million?

Yes, the media, just like it was used to achieve near acceptance of gayism world over has equally been used to paint the man in good light, as the next best thing since sliced bread....
But to the discerning mind, there are questions which beg answers, except of course we've chosen to sweep them all under the carpet as "it doesn't matter"

For people in my category, it would take irrefutable proof, the one that will leave my skepticism dumbfounded beyond doubt, that he is who they really say he is.

Until then...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos / Maiduguri Airport Mutiny: Army Captain, 70 Others Detained For Trial / Deadly Bombings Reported In Nigerian City Where Boko Haram Was Founded- NY Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.