Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,109 members, 7,807,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? (2380 Views)

Taraba State: The Worst Place To Serve (NYSC) / Ministry Of Women Affairs In Edo Is On Corper OluwaMayowa's Case / When You Serve At Dangote Cement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by tunde4top(m): 10:33am On Jul 17, 2015
i was giving request letters at both ogun ministry of education, and moshood Abiola Polytechnic, but i am confused in choosing one. Which one do you think is superior in terms of future opportunities, and effect on cv ?. Aldo, i had gone a little bit far in registering the ministry as my PPA, before the poly clicked, but if i am convinced that the poly type is the better, i will do my best to reverse it. Note: i studied pure physics science.
Re: Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by tunde4top(m): 10:39am On Jul 17, 2015
tunde4top:
i was giving request letters at both ogun ministry of education, and moshood Abiola Polytechnic, but i am confused in choosing one. Which one do you think is superior in terms of future opportunities, and effect on cv ?. Aldo, i had gone a little bit far in registering the ministry as my PPA, before the poly clicked, but if i am convinced that the poly type is the better, i will do my best to reverse it. Note: i studied pure physics science.
mr yokiti, kindly help a brother to source for this cogent information.
Re: Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by yak(m): 10:41am On Jul 17, 2015
It depends on d positions or job role u are required to carry out during d course of ur service. Left with me I will take d polytechnic cos ministry can b boring a place.if u are not posted to school at d end of d day,u may end up just sitting in an un-lite office space without any known duty throughout d yr.mind u I knw d two places very well
Re: Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by tunde4top(m): 2:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
yak:
It depends on d positions or job role u are required to carry out during d course of ur service. Left with me I will take d polytechnic cos ministry can b boring a place.if u are not posted to school at d end of d day,u may end up just sitting in an un-lite office space without any known duty throughout d yr.mind u I knw d two places very well
noted! Thanks.
Re: Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by yokiti: 12:52am On Jul 18, 2015
tunde4top:
It depends on what you desire for yourself. I will advice you to concentrate on your service year NOW and let what exist in the future be there (you being retained after service) though, your action or inaction during your service year can help boost your chances.
I will not say that the ministry might be boring or give you opportunity to ghost because I have seen someone that served in higher institution that ghosted more than those that were serving in the local government secretariat.
On the extra cash; in an academic environment, once you are talented, you will have multiple flow of income just as your loyalty, someone/ people liking your face can as well get you some extra cash in the ministry.
On your future career and your choice of PPA now, in Nigeria once you have the right connection, experience doesnt matter but if you are standing on the solid rock of God who is the defender of all, make a choice that will favour what you want to do in the future (career).
I will aslo appeal to you that dont make that choice( the entire service year) because of what might be enticing you now which you dont know how long it will last.
If you want to be a legend in MaziOmenuko 's way, MAPOLY should offer you that. For more information on that, please contact: MaziOmenuko, Donigspain, Flow1759, PDude, stag, Zuby77 et. al.
I trust Mazi Crazyman to also help us out on matters like this.
Apologies for doing this now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by tunde4top(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
@ oga yokiti. Thank you for your response, contribution, and suggestion!
Re: Help! To Serve At Ministry Or Polytechnic, Which One Is Better? by kafeii123: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2015
yokiti:

It depends on what you desire for yourself. I will advice you to concentrate on your service year NOW and let what exist in the future be there (you being retained after service) though, your action or inaction during your service year can help boost your chances.
I will not say that the ministry might be boring or give you opportunity to ghost because I have seen someone that served in higher institution that ghosted more than those that were serving in the local government secretariat.
On the extra cash; in an academic environment, once you are talented, you will have multiple flow of income just as your loyalty, someone/ people liking your face can as well get you some extra cash in the ministry.
On your future career and your choice of PPA now, in Nigeria once you have the right connection, experience doesnt matter but if you are standing on the solid rock of God who is the defender of all, make a choice that will favour what you want to do in the future (career).
I will aslo appeal to you that dont make that choice( the entire service year) because of what might be enticing you now which you dont know how long it will last.
If you want to be a legend in MaziOmenuko 's way, MAPOLY should offer you that. For more information on that, please contact: MaziOmenuko, Donigspain, Flow1759, PDude, stag, Zuby77 et. al.
I trust Mazi Crazyman to also help us out on matters like this.
Apologies for doing this now.

Good day Mr. Yokiti!

I have this person who was posted to a private uni. In Ogun state. The school rejected him citing reasons which we later found out were not true, one of these reasons was that they had enough corpers already,

It was however surprising when the said guy met with 3 other corpers who weren't posted to the school in the first but have been issued request and acceptance letters (they told him they were helped by a prof. there).

As first class grads (one of which he is) are meant to serve in tertiary institutions, he still sounded demoralised because he had planned to do research while serving but has just been "cheated" out of that chance.
Is there any thing he can still do about it?

(1) (Reply)

Dear Npower, Aba North Is Yet To Finish Verification / Scrabble...scrabble... Any Scrabble Player Around Nyanya Or Karu, Abuja?? / Can Someone Apply For Postgraduate During NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.