Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,706 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (84961 Views)

Which Countries Are Best To Apply For Schengen Visa As A Tourist? / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by mikron(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
na sallah things
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by InvertedHammer: 12:07am On Jul 18, 2015
Freemanan:
ME, BUYING ONE BREAD.... grin
/
Nice set of antennae

/
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by deebrain(m): 12:09am On Jul 18, 2015
Vanquay:
To the 2 "feminazis" above me. Even if you sucked my C*** you still wouldnt blow on nairaland cool undecided undecided undecided kiss kiss kiss undecided undecided undecided

Receive sense in Jesus name.
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by persius555(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2015
sucess001:
Loooool.

Usually happens during festive periods.

Says a lot about our society. We have no natural amusment facilities for families to chill during national holidays
That is why lagos cannot attain the status of a full fledge urban city. All the available plots have been sold for property development forgetting that lagos residents would need to unwind at a point in time. Amazingly, there is so much money that can be made from recreational parks.
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by lumydee44: 12:22am On Jul 18, 2015
Investors needs to see that Nigerians need more
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 18, 2015
Na wa oh,which kin small mall be this when persin no go fit stretch leg well sef.common accra mall beat this one,not to talk of west hill mall angry
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Nobody: 12:39am On Jul 18, 2015
Remindds me of zombi movies. Just one bite in this crowd cud end the world.
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 18, 2015
Wonders
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 18, 2015
deebrain:

Receive sense in Jesus name.
ashe
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by kenoz(m): 1:21am On Jul 18, 2015
tongue
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by yommyuk: 1:34am On Jul 18, 2015
otiigba1:
Right! so this people are hanging out at the supermarket? I guess it must be all new to them, i am worried for nigerians because it appears the CAPITALISTS has invaded their country with Diabetic and cancerous products (carbs,sugar,tin and packeted foods)through shoprite , instead of building affordable hospitals and school undecided
grin
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by ifeanyi83(m): 1:35am On Jul 18, 2015
ajalaolanr:
It saddens me when I see things like this, no recreational facilities anywhere, shops have been built to take over every space designated for recreation, this is sad, really sad.

Bro it couldn't have been said any better...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 18, 2015
Some people are just too local
I live in America but i have never been to a mall, i order stuffs online & they will be delivered the same day.

I only go to the corner store to buy cigarettes or soda.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by yommyuk: 1:41am On Jul 18, 2015
Exposure is key! In the UK, there are supermarkets/Malls in every locality. But in Nigeria, it is a once in a life time experience for some.

Mehnnn. We still have a long way to go to catchup with the west.

Wonderful cheesy
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Bollinger(m): 2:04am On Jul 18, 2015
Ayanko:
Ok ooo. Please put a lot of security arround. The fear of Boko Haram is the beginning of wisdom.

And there ladies and gentlemen, is someone you'all should be listening to. This is not the time to be hanging around large groups of people because it will always be a target.
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by charlsecy(m): 7:01am On Jul 18, 2015
ajalaolanr:
It saddens me when I see things like this, no recreational facilities anywhere, shops have been built to take over every space designated for recreation, this is sad, really sad.

The value of recreation is priceless! I have seen a street where a large field is designated for recreation. It is so beautiful. People there are happier, healthier, and more social. Athletic talents also could easily be developed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by olarashad(m): 7:02am On Jul 18, 2015
Marketrite cool
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by lozanni(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2015
ajalaolanr:

Very sad indeed. Some years back when, as fresh graduate, I was hunting for a Job, there was usually the problem of where to hang out, if you had time to spare between appointments. The ideal place then was the CBN bank banking hall at Tinubu, lol. This was because there were no parks then and most fast food joints could embarass you if you had no money to spend.
Thank God Governor Fashola built the Freedom Park where people can chill between appointments or relax during their lunch time.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by folamog(m): 7:41am On Jul 18, 2015
I can imagine how the restrooms will be now, woe betide anyone that has an emergency number 2 grin
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by chineloSA(f): 7:46am On Jul 18, 2015
yommyuk:
Exposure is key! In the UK, there are supermarkets/Malls in every locality. But in Nigeria, it is a once in a life time experience for some.

Mehnnn. We still have a long way to go to catchup with the west.

Wonderful cheesy

As if you own any of that.

Smdh. If you are exposed don't be mean to other people.
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by chineloSA(f): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
Some people are just too local
I live in America but i have never been to a mall, i order stuffs online & they will be delivered the same day.

I only go to the corner store to buy cigarettes or soda.

Too local?? Do you own any of those things?? What are you known for to call other people local??

Calling other people names now that you live in America. angry angry

We all want a good life, but we don't get it at the same time. If you are living a better life, don't look down on other fellas.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Eyor1(m): 7:57am On Jul 18, 2015
badaoyeyemi:
.......FTC I dedicate this FTC to ma bro boscojugunu who introduced me to NL....egbon tanks...Nd to those monitoring spirit on Nairaland here monitoring ma movement..... fire fire fiiirrreeee

MKE UNA CME PH CME C XPAR. . . UNA DEH LEARN 4 LAGOX

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 18, 2015
So sad. See how low Nigeria has sunk. In South Africa shoprite is for the poor. Most people avoid it because of too many queues.
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by otiigba1(m): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2015
charlsecy:

The value of recreation is priceless! I have seen a street where a large field is designated for recreation. It is so beautiful. People there are happier, healthier, and more social. Athletic talents also could easily be developed.
yes you are right, the problem is the capitalists do not want people to live any other life other than, shop in their so called shoprite supermarkets and spend all their money on sugary and carbs products and its costs less to build a shoprite and more profitable plus they don't have to worry about health and safety regulations

Besides how will the capitalists make money if people are out doors relaxing at the recreational centres rather than shopping in shoprite? Its all about profits not about the peoples welfares

1 Like

Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by princetelaviv: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2015
shoprire is not up to spar porthacourt shoping mall. ..spar is more dan even tourist center.enouf groove
Re: Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre by otiigba1(m): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2015
All this shopping malls are owned by foreign companies nigerians may not even be aware of this, they are too exited to notice undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unknown Ship Spotted At Elegushi Beach (Photos) / Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / David Nwachukwu Dead: Kelechi Iheanacho PA Dies While Returning From Nightclub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.