Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport (50705 Views)

Two Cars Collide At Airport Road, Oshodi Lagos (Photos) / One Dies As Danfo Bus & Okada Rider Collide At Tincan Apapa (Graphic Photos) / Photos Of The Two Aircrafts That Colided In Lagos Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Franchise21(m): 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
Tragedy averted as two aircraft collide at Lagos Airport

Lagos – Tragedy was averted on Friday at the Murtala Muhammed Airport Terminal 2 (MMA2) in Lagos following a ground collision of two aircraft belonging to FirstNation Airways.

A similar incident had occurred at the airport on July 6, following the collision of two aircraft belonging to Emirates and Hak Air.
It was gathered that Friday’s incident which happened at about mid-day involved two Airbus 330 conveying not fewer than 250 passengers.
The two aircraft had their bodies partially damaged as a result of the collision.

A source at the airport said one of the aircrafts was taxiing from the runway to MMA2, to disengage passengers while the other aircraft was preparing to take off to Port-Harcourt Airport from the same terminal.

The source alleged that the pilot may have been misdirected by the marshals who directed the pilot to taxi to the wrong part of the apron.
According to the source, the Port-Harcourt bound aircraft was parked at Gate 4 while the arriving aircraft was bound for the Gate 3 of the terminal.

However, the source claimed that the marshals misdirected the arriving aircraft to the same Gate as the parked aircraft which led to the two wings brushing each other.

Following the incident, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), immediately, grounded both aircraft while passengers wereasked to disembark by the airline.

It was further gathered that the refunds of tickets were made to passengers on the Port-Harcourt bound aircraft by the airline.
The NCAA also confirmed the incident in a statement issued by its General Manager, Public Affairs, Mr Fan Ndubuoke.
Ndubuoke said no passenger was hurt and that the incident had been referred to the Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) for further investigation.

He also reiterated NCAA’s commitment to safety and security of passengers. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/breaking-news-tragedy-averted-as-2-firstnation-aircraft-collide-at-lagos-airport/

3 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
The first and only time i used M.M Airport was an arik plane to JFK airport NY. The flight was delayed for 2hrs. The food was horrible. The cabin computers werent working the my foreign passenger was ignoring my flirting undecided. If not for my Ipad i might have run mad on my 10+hrs flight .The Nigerian aviation laws are utter shit

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thank God it was averted

3 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Egregius(m): 7:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Good to know....im sure TANiods would have blamed it on Buhari

16 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by dhardline(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Is someone high on duty at MM2?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by ArchEnemy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nonsense
We need to be more careful in this country. How do you expect people to feel safe when they hear of mistakes like this?

6 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by ayusco85(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Na overload cause am.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by freesinzu(m): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
O ga o
Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Sijo01(f): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
Were the pilots sleeping?

3 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Remilekun101: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
What where the people in the air control room doing

5 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by naijainfogalery: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
You don bash my jet oyimbo repete cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Mogidi: 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
This is called Buhari's Badluck (BB) in aviation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by ifeoluwasegun(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Picture of the event

1 Like

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by engrjacuzzi: 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
impatience....... we thank God they didn't collide in the air.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by slimpoppa(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Second time in less than a month.

2 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by niceguy7(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
Oops! Na wa oo so even aircraft can collide too?
Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Estimable(m): 7:22pm On Jul 17, 2015
picture or...............
Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by darepoju(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
if d marshal never sabi work...e should go back to school..

4 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
And dey will still fly those aircraft soon, without thorough checks due to the collision

2 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by agulion: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
i was expecting to see the pictures of tge aircrafts
Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Burger01(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Aircrafts collision these days.. Wetin!

2 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by darepoju(m): 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
Shadyswag:
O for orange..
Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by pedro4hope(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thank GOD it was averted

2 Likes

Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by blackrules1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
This is one of the events I believe happened in Nigeria, even though I saw no pictures of it.
Re: 2 Aircrafts Collide At Lagos Airport by Adaahjacob(m): 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
President Buhari should sack d pilot and appoint FFk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IS This Kano? / Images From Abuja - The Pride Of Nigeria / Daniel Okocha, Oluwatosin Ade-Ojo & Femi Adebowale Killed In Canada (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.