Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Suggestion On Mecury Villager - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Suggestion On Mecury Villager (1621 Views)

Mercury Villager For Transport / 99 Mercury Villager Suv Wiring System... Help / NEED HELP: Getting A Sweet Fuel Efficient Car. Any Suggestion On The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suggestion On Mecury Villager by kunletexs: 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
TO anyone in the house,
i look to buy a mecury villager bus and i asked people about the bus and all their comments about the bus has been negative, can i also have your comment on the car and i will like to have people experiences who have used the bus before and their suggestion will be highly appreciated
comment will be appreciated on the availability of spare parts, issues observed with the bus and the maintenance of the bus
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by tolulope855(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mercury bus is just the same as Nissan quest.... The parts are readily available..... My mum uses it... and it's cool.... What do they say of it negatively?
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by BTT(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
kunletexs:
TO anyone in the house,
i look to buy a mecury villager bus and i asked people about the bus and all their comments about the bus has been negative, can i also have your comment on the car and i will like to have people experiences who have used the bus before and their suggestion will be highly appreciated
comment will be appreciated on the availability of spare parts, issues observed with the bus and the maintenance of the bus

It's ugly. That's all.

The Villager is the Nissan Quest badged in Mercury.

Mounted with a 3.3L V6 engine, very similar (short of saying the same) engine with that of the 96-99 Pathfinder and the Xtera, a very durable and forgiving workhorse of an engine.

If you are sure the 'car' will serve your purpose, please don't allow the 'it must be Toyota or nothing else' mental slavery stop you.

Parts are also pretty cheap. Have a good maintenance culture and enjoy your ride.

Again, darn, that bus is fugly!

2 Likes

Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
I am proud owner of 2001 Mercury Villager. Please note; nissan quest and mercury villager are same in parts and body. The two are direct collaboration between Nissan and Ford. Ford makes the body and some parts while nissan makes the engine and other parts. The most outstanding about the 2001 Model engine is that it is v6 (3.3L SOHC); it produces 170 horsepower @ 4800 rpm. Produces 200 lb.-ft. Of torque @ 2800 rpm. Single overhead cam helps provide enhanced fuel efficiency and reduced noise and vibration. Aluminium cylinder heads contribute to decreased engine weight, added efficiency and long life.

My present van; mercury villager is my third car (brought from American Motors), having used Honda Accord and Toyota Camry v6. The van is over 4 years on Nigeria road, rocking from home to office daily, (distance of 70km daily). I am offering you full assurance that the mercury villager/nissan quest are very rugged. The van moves like jet with most fuel economy. The maintenance is suberb. I will advice you stick to Fully Synthetic Oil (5w 30) for engine oil change. I service mine once a year (covering 7,500 miles)

Please note, before you buy the van, no matter how attractive it appears, YOU MUST RUN A SCAN FIRST. This is non-negotiable.

1 Like

Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by sultaan(m): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
BTT:

It's ugly. That's all.

The Villager is the Nissan Quest badged in Mercury.

Mounted with a 3.3L V6 engine, very similar (short of saying the same) engine with that of the 96-99 Pathfinder and the Xtera, a very durable and forgiving workhorse of an engine.

If you are sure the 'car' will serve your purpose, please don't allow the 'it must be Toyota or nothing else' mental slavery stop you.

Parts are also pretty cheap. Have a good maintenance culture and enjoy your ride.

Again, darn, that bus is fugly!

Read here and go over your comment again.

I thought it was a 3.4 v6
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by Fulaman198(m): 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
For a V6 that kind of power is atrocious
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by BTT(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
sultaan:

Read here and go over your comment again.

I thought it was a 3.4 v6

Nope.

3.3ltr, V6, 170hp it is. I think I am certain about that.
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by diportivo: 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
Certainly didnt look ugly to me wen i was rocking on

Op,u will enjoy d ride.just buy a good one

Thats d only car i av owned dat i accelerated d speedometer to the end...180 mph or so...didnt realise till i saw i wasnt going any faster and i checked d speedo...ofcos i had to sharply slow down

It is a workhorse....forget d negative comments

Na those wey neva use am b4 go criticize am pass sef
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by Readonee35L(m): 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
diportivo:
Certainly didnt look ugly to me wen i was rocking on

Op,u will enjoy d ride.just buy a good one

Thats d only car i av owned dat i accelerated d speedometer to the end...180 mph or so...didnt realise till i saw i wasnt going any faster and i checked d speedo...ofcos i had to sharply slow down

It is a workhorse....forget d negative comments

Na those wey neva use am b4 go criticize am pass sef
180kmph=110mph
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by praxisnetworks: 5:35am On Jul 19, 2015
Biowande:
I am proud owner of 2001 Mercury Villager. Please note; nissan quest and mercury villager are same in parts and body. The two are direct collaboration between Nissan and Ford. Ford makes the body and some parts while nissan makes the engine and other parts. The most outstanding about the 2001 Model engine is that it is v6 (3.3L SOHC); it produces 170 horsepower @ 4800 rpm. Produces 200 lb.-ft. Of torque @ 2800 rpm. Single overhead cam helps provide enhanced fuel efficiency and reduced noise and vibration. Aluminium cylinder heads contribute to decreased engine weight, added efficiency and long life.

My present van; mercury villager is my third car (brought from American Motors), having used Honda Accord and Toyota Camry v6. The van is over 4 years on Nigeria road, rocking from home to office daily, (distance of 70km daily) I am offering you full assurance that the mercury villager/nissan quest are very rugged. The van moves like jet with most fuel economy. The maintenance is suberb. I will advice you stick to Fully Synthetic Oil (5w 30) for engine oil change. I service mine once a year (covering 7,500 miles)

Please note, before you buy the van, no matter how attractive it appears, YOU MUST RUN A SCAN FIRST. This is non-negotiable.

LIE @ bolded 7500miles = 12067.5 km
as a daily driver for just 8months covers that... are you sure you're not leading the Op into a trap ...your maths don't add up!
Re: Suggestion On Mecury Villager by femmy2010(m): 9:57am On Jul 19, 2015
i ordered a 1999 model for a neighbor 3 years counting and she still rocks it.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me Fix My Key(pics) / Jiji Or Cheki??? / You Won't Believe These SUVs Are Made By Tata - 2018 Tata H5X And 45X Concept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.