Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? (837 Views)

#bbnaija: Why Did Soma Omits Gifty's Name In This Tweet? / One Of The Greatest Movies I Have Ever Seen. 'War Room' / Why Did Star Actor ODUNLADE ADEKOLA Feature In Almost All Yoruba Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? by tpiadotcom: 12:35am On Jul 18, 2015
In kung fu panda.

Any hints?

Can't figure it out.
Re: Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? by whatofyou: 9:27am On Jul 18, 2015
Maybe Master Chifu wouldn't have utilized his own potentials if Oogwey was still present-- he could have kept on being a 'nurser' instead of an 'unleasher' of a dragon.

Death doesn't ask if it's favorable for it to strike. The time came for Oogwey to move on, he did, all the while laying strong footprints for his successor or friend to take over.
Re: Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? by tpiadotcom: 6:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hm, the risk was too big though.

besides, moving on just when word arrived that the battle they'd all been waiting for, was about to begin, would have been very demoralising for Chifu the leader.
Re: Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? by whatofyou: 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
Another mind is telling me Oogwey wanted to see how Master Chifu will handle the unfolding situation. Don't be surprised if the Oogwey character resurfaces in other sequels. Besides, have you seen part 2? There is rumour the third sequel is coming this year-end or early next year.
Re: Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? by tpiadotcom: 11:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
yes, I watched the second one (it was very dark).

Part 3 (or the third sequel) is coming out next year.

Another mind is telling me Oogwey wanted to see how Master Chifu will handle the unfolding situation. Don't be surprised if the Oogwey character resurfaces in other sequels

Oogway wasn't in the second (he was replaced by a female goat soothsayer), would be interesting to see if he's in the third.

he also wasn't in the tv series, I think (not sure).

The time he left added an element of sadness to the whole movie, I think they all got discouraged.

Although, perhaps he'd known previously, that he wouldn't stay once tai lun came back. Since Chifu was the one who trained him (tai lun), he probably also had to be the one to see what would happen next and how to handle the situation or be handled by it. undecided
Re: Why Did Oogway (the Tortoise) Leave Just When The Danger Was Greatest? by tpiadotcom: 11:28pm On Jul 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Who Would You Call? (photo) / Here It Is Folks Empire Season 3 Episode 5 / After Over A Quarter Century In The Ring, The Undertaker Retires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.