Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] (403 Views)

Jidenna – Little Bit More (video & Audio) Download / VIDEO: Jidenna Ft. Kendrick Lamar – Classic Man (remix) / Eminem Pens Letter To Tupac's Mother, Afeni Shakur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] by dokia: 1:38am On Jul 18, 2015
To all my Nigerian brothers and sisters…

I am, always have been, and always will be proud of my Nigerian heritage. I understand the pain and anger caused by some of the comments I made in a recent interview, and I wanted to address you directly. Contrary to popular belief, this interview was not the first in which I mentioned Nigeria. In fact, I’m frequently bragging about how Nigerians attend the world’s most prestigious institutions, and how we are known to produce world class doctors, entrepreneurs, innovators, lawyers, engineers, professors, athletes and artists. Unfortunately, people tend to leave these moments out, and, in this case, highlight stereotypes. I would never do or say anything to intentionally disgrace the legacy of my father nor my fatherland. But to not relay my own story, both the good times and the bad, would be a disservice.

My name is Jidenna, which means “to hold or embrace the father” in Igbo. It was my father who gave me this name and who taught me countless parables, proverbs, and principles that made me the man I am today. These same principles helped me to write the record “Classic Man.” When I brought home a 98 percent on a test, my father would say, “ah ah, where are the other two points? Go and get them, then bring them back.” My father and Nigerian culture has always stood for excellence.

http://smileandtalk.com/2015/07/17/jidenna-pens-letter-to-nigeria-to-apologize-for-comments-he-made-in-recent-interview/
Re: Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] by deniyor: 2:50am On Jul 18, 2015
Damage control in progress.
Re: Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] by Greenbuoy(m): 2:56am On Jul 18, 2015
N o n s e n s e
Re: Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] by Codedeben: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
The usual Nigerian drama series. First Misyarn and later write epistle to apologise explaining how "covertly patriotic" you had always been to the offended party.

But wait ooo, who give am "ultimatum" ?most of the time,Na after dem don receive ultimatum dem dey come back dey yan dis kain akpata.
Re: Jidenna Pens Letter Nigeria After Interview Fiasco [video] by tr3y(m): 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Some element of truth in what the guy said tho.

(1) (Reply)

Hot Bang!: Pasuma Ft. Olamide – Action (prod. By Pheelz) (3.3mb) / NAIJA HIT: Edem Ft. Reekado Banks – “nyedzilo” (prod. By Magnom) / Here's The Official Tracklist For The Game's 'the Documentary 2'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.