Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

YOUR NEED - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / YOUR NEED (483 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

YOUR NEED by MrStellar(m): 8:31am On Jul 18, 2015
Do you know that our attitude Contributes to success?

Let's check this story, titled:-
CONTENTMENT AND PATIENCE HELP

By Adeoye Oluwafemi D.(Mr Stellar)

Hafiz was a farmer in Africa who was happy and content. He was happy because he was content. He was content because he was happy. One day a wise man came to him and told him about the glory of diamonds and the power that goes along with them. The wise man said ; If you had a diamond the size of your thumb, you could buy your own city. "If you had a diamond the size of your fist, you could probably own your own country." And then the wise man left. That night, Hafiz couldn't sleep. He was unhappy and he was discontented because he was unhappy.
The next morning Hafiz made arrangement to sell his farm, took care of his family, and went off in search of Diamonds. He looked all over Africa and couldn't find any. He looked all through Europe and couldn't find any. By the time he got to Spain, he was emotionally, physically, and financially depleted. He was so disheartened that he committed suicide by throwing himself into the Barcelona River.
Back home, the person who had bought his farm was watering the carmels at the stream that ran through the property. Across the stream, the rays of the morning sun hit a stone and made it sparkle like a rainbow. He thought the stone would look good in his living room. He picked up the. stone and put it on his mantle piece. That afternoon, the wise man came and saw the stone sparkling. He asked, "Is Hafiz. back? " The man said, "No, why do you ask?" The wise man said, "Because that is a diamond. I recognize one when I see one." The man said, "No, that's just a stone I picked up from the stream. Come I'll show you. There are many more." They went and picked some samples and sent them for analysis. Sure enough, the stones were diamonds. They found that the farm was indeed covered with acres of diamonds."

What is the moral of this story?
There are six morals:
1. When our attitude is right, we realize that we are all walking on acres and acres of diamonds. Opportunity is always under our feet. We don't have to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.

2. The grass always looks greener on the other side.

3. While we are eyeing the grass on the other side, there are others who are eyeing the grass on our side. They would be happy to trade places with us.

4. People, who don't know how to recognize opportunity, complain of noise when it knocks.

5. Opportunity are easier recognized when they are leaving rather than when they are coming.

6. Opportunity only knocks once. The next one may be better or worse, but never the same one. That is why it is so crucial to make the right decision at the right time. A right decision at the wrong time becomes a wrong decision.

next articles are;
*" GOD OR GOOGLE. Which one do ppl rely on most? all I require 4 life, God has given me.

* "something better than the best."

****Type " change by mrstellar" to GOOGLE to read an article on change. ****
Thanks for taking your time to read the story.

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Seekers / An Amazing Year Ahead... / Poetic Justice (Voice Notes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.