Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:41 PM

Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim (3644 Views)

Don't Fall A Victim For I Was Scammed / How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" / My Story: How I bought a car from my Income on freelancer.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by ekiyor3: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2015
A Ukrainian startup manager, who lives in LA,
could have become a victim of a scam-scheme,
but has made it otherwise. He has outwitted a
Nigerian scammer who was set on extorting
money from him.

A girl named Angelina Crane tried to get
aquainted with businessman through one of the
russian social services. ‘Angelina’ told him she
was an American currently residing in Nigeria.
Than "girl" started to send him love-letters and
then she asked if he could help her financially by
transferring 50 or 60 US dollars a week. Mr
Geraschenkov, immediately understood the
fraudulent motive behind his new ‘lady’ friend’s
request, decided to play along and expose the
scammer. He replied by saying ‘Angelina’ was
worth more than just $60 and suggested sending
$500-600 instead. ‘Angelina’ immediately agreed
and sent her personal details necessary for
making the monetary transfer – the documents
with the real name and photograph of the
scammer, who, she said was her friend, Olukade
Kehinde Martins.

But this wasn't enough for "the victim". Mr
Geraschenkov told ‘Angelina’ he was an Apple
dealer and had, coincidentally, to ship 200
iPhones to Lagos. He said that the local Apple
store had already paid for 199 of them, but he
couldn't send 200 iPhones without paying for the
last one. While the conversation was going
startup manager sent the pictures of packed
iPhones which he took from Google.
The Ukrainian promised her she could take two
iPhone devices if she compensated the cost of
last one of them. And if she did, she could take 2
iPhones instead of one.

Eventually, Mr Geraschenkov convinced his "new
love" Angelina-Olukade to send him $600. When
he received the money, he told the scammer he,
too, was a Nigerian residing in Lagos. Proving it
by sending a picture of a Nigerian guy, which he
also took from the web.
At the end, Ukrainian returned the money to
scammer, claiming that a clean “karma” was
more important. Well, at least we hope that a
scammer learned a lesson!
Source:

job.naij.com/tips/
show/id/186/title/Real+Story%3A+How+Nigerian
+Scammer+Was+Scammed+By+His+Victim?
ts=r_email&r_id=2937A

1 Like

Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by madgoat(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2015
grin.

But the guy fu*ked up oh.... Why did he return the money shocked . He should av donated it to charity.

1 Like

Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Bilabong(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2015
I no fit laugh
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Ejaisky: 11:35am On Jul 18, 2015
She then sent d money.
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by obinna2nv(m): 11:53am On Jul 18, 2015
Lol... What a funny interlude...
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by dhantey324(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Can a Ukrainian be dis kind? He could have contacted EFFC while refunding the money.. Lol
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by nerdymufasa(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
John goat eat john yam!
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by MisterLongman(m): 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
The scammer is still a Learner
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by finesthaykay(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
Its working

d sleepin tablets works pretty cool...
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Elparaiso(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Now the bush meat has grabbed the hunter by the throat...
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by africanpea: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
madgoat:
grin.

But the guy fu*ked up oh.... Why did he return the money shocked . He should av donated it to charity.

He should have actually held onto it.

Please check my blog out, new post published!
www.diaryofanaijamom..com
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by cococandy(f): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hahaha cheesy
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by kennynelcon(m): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hmmm... let's just believe.
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by adamilen(f): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
He shouldn't have returned the money. He should have given him a taste of his own medicine.
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
small money
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by bi0nics: 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
grin Heheeh

Bushmeat Caught the hunter
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by AirstarKane(f): 6:28pm On Jul 18, 2015
Really when the bush meat catch the hunter grin but the story no end well that's tragic returning the money let him have a taste of his own medicine.
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Djicemob: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
I didnt understand the story undecided
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by wheesin(m): 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
hehehe...I no fit laugh alone o...yungmilio2 khassy con follow me laff o
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by DworldsGM: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
a tipical bush meat catch d hunter.
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by nairaman66(m): 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
Terrible everyone of you believed the story!! Nigerians are indeed so gullible!
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Yungmilio2(m): 11:31pm On Jul 18, 2015
wheesin:
lol d guy dey learn
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
NEXT
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by CertifiedFreak(m): 2:33am On Jul 19, 2015
Dude, that scammer is still a learner. First rule in scamlaw, you always control the conversation; allow clients a lil bit of clout but keep that leash on them.

*anywayz, what do I know*
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by boboLIL(m): 3:08am On Jul 19, 2015
Martins na half baked scammer
Re: Real Story: How Nigerian Scammer Was Scammed By His Victim by khassy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
wheesin:

I bin wan laf but I no see data for my phone so I no d laf again undecidedundecided

(1) (Reply)

Ambassador Care Resources Nigeria Limited / China Geo-engineering Company (CGC) Nigeria Limited Recruitment For Fresh Gradua / Six Specific Courses To Take To Aid Your NGO Job Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.