Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS (18495 Views)

5 Essential Tips For A Newbie Long Distance Traveller / Guide For A Newbie Coming To Lagos / Newbie To Alberta Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by BabaIjebuXL(m): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jacide:
Step. 1.

Understand that Lagos is an unhabitable slum.

And still your brothers are there hustling day and night just to send you feeding allowance.....Show some respect Fagot! Lasgidi the capital of Africa.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by BabaIjebuXL(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
ihatebuhari:
One of the worst cities in the world "Lagos"

God bless London

God bless only Niger Delta not Nigeria

Get your brain out of that fake ass... grin

1 Like

Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
this is not applicable to the igbos. the ones that are still in their biafraland should remain there and develop their land rather than coming to Lagos and becoming a nuisance and afterwards claim its no mans land. you might just end up in the lagoon. just saying... smiley
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by BabaIjebuXL(m): 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
booqee:
this is applicable to the igbos. the ones that are still in their biafraland should remain there and develop their land rather than coming to Lagos and becoming a nuisance and afterwards claim its no mans land. you might just end up in the lagoon. just saying... smiley

CORRECT!..... grin ! I like this chic
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
use your common sense.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time city sad
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Yeske2(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lagos traffic can kill, will be visiting soon but i wish i had the reason not to visit.
Lagos na die.

1 Like

Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
ihatebuhari:
One of the worst cities in the world "Lagos"

God bless London

God bless only Niger Delta not Nigeria
lol, God bless nigeria and not niger delta...oya go and die
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible are Black people (Bantu) of Africa.
Song of Solomon 1:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
I AM BLACK, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.
Look not upon me, because I AM BLACK, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept.
Job 30:30- King James Bible
My SKIN IS BLACK upon me, and my bones
are burned with heat.
  click, read , and like my Facebook Page for more information--- http://m.facebook.com/Hebrew-Israelite-Philosophy-810628495726004/ or
go this thread for more information in Nairaland
www.nairaland.com/2328147/west-africans-africans-southern-part
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
booqee:
this is not applicable to the igbos. the ones that are still in their biafraland should remain there and develop their land rather than coming to Lagos and becoming a nuisance and afterwards claim its no mans land. you might just end up in the lagoon. just saying... smiley
we will come 2 lagos and fuuuck dah ur big yansh idiat
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by lovely17(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
isn't that website that's always making noise while calling MTN jovago.com
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by domido(m): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2015
Don't try to settle street fight u don't know about. Even the one legged man is smarter than you.

Whenever you are going out make sure u anticipate traffic. E.g if u want to get somewhere by 2,make sure you leave home by 12.
And neva tell ur boss u got to office late because of traffic.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by intrinsicniyi(m): 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
I entered lagos 3 weeks ago, not as a newcomer but to finally come to stay because I've got a job and so many things has really changed about me as a person.

- I manage my time effectively now as there's no time at all, everything seems to be moving at d speed of light every seconds. Compare to where I am coming from, Osun State.
- Planning my activities now is paramount, none negotiable
- I've learned to be waking up very early, it's unusual of me anyways ( as early as 4:00am).

The Good thing is:

- I keep seeing things that makes me wanna own the world, motivations I must say.
- New friends at the work place.
- New dressing ( God, I hate formal dressing and I am loving it cheesy)
- Beautiful people everywhere.
- Now, I know where to obtain Norway, Belgium, SA, Dubai, Italy, France and Portugal Visa. cheesy
- I don't know Caucasians can be sooooo hilarious too..

BUT,

The traffic is killing me!!! grin

I still love the city tho, #LagosIslandRocks, Chai...

2 Likes

Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by youngice(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
lekjons:
if you are a newbie, don't go to COMPUTER VILLAGE
God bless you, you stole the words outta my mouths

1 Like

Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by youngice(m): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
lekjons:
God bless you, you stole the words outta my mouth

1 Like

Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by clovislouis(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
360ng:
okay.. lagos state dey fear me o grin
really
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
gifttracy:

thnk u.

i tink i ve fallen in luv wit an angel, pls cn u type me ur num?
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by bovamm(f): 5:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
hotdi:
More....
Always hold ur shoes in ur hand while walking grin Always tight, cast, bind and bite satan around u while walking grin Always keep ur head straight while walking, do not look back grin If u are with ur gf, always walk behind her, she might be snatched grin Finally, always prostrate to greet every elder u meet on ur way cheesy

funny u Next >>>>
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by refreshrate: 5:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
E remain one.
Near old Lagos tollgate just as you're entering the city, there's a set of three statues in white of men tying wrapper in different postures. I strongly advice that since you weren't born behind them (in Lagos) go back to the statues and make sacrifice so your efforts won't be in vain in this city. Otherwise...
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Eko akete,ilu ogbon,Eko aromisha legbelegbe,Eko o gbagbere....Ori jeki nko ere oko dele o.

One word for Lagos...Shadowww!!!!.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Ninilowo(m): 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
LASGIDI AYAYA
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Ramos16(m): 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
I realizd that lagosians overrate Lagos, I just came into lagos, one month now, and i realize that my kaduna is way better.
The only thing i can agree to about lagos is that it is dirty, smelly, and of course lots of business opportunities and traffic . Lagos is stressful only because of traffic nothing more
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by Ramos16(m): 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
I realizd that lagosians overrate Lagos, I just came into lagos, one month now, and i realize that my kaduna is way better.
The only thing i can agree to about lagos is that it is dirty, smelly, and of course lots of business opportunities and traffic . Lagos is stressful only because of traffic nothing more.
The problem with Lagosians is that they hardly travel, hence they have little knowledge of other places
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by vicstar(m): 11:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Its survival of the fittest ;Dand am fit enough8)
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by enisonfome(m): 12:00am On Nov 20, 2015
Eko oni baje o.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by tonytony208(m): 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2015
lekjons:

I was a newbie when I first went to computer village. In fact, it was just after my 2nd or 3rd day in Lagos. And nothing happened.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by 2odd(m): 7:25am On Nov 21, 2015
tonytony208:

I was a newbie when I first went to computer village. In fact, it was just after my 2nd or 3rd day in Lagos. And nothing happened.
you weren't holding something valuable or may be someone took u there.
Re: Do's And Don't's For A Newbie In LAGOS by tonytony208(m): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2015
2odd:
you weren't holding something valuable or may be someone took u there.

I went there myself from Lagos mainland hotel where we were lodging. I took my laptop there to buy some software and nothing happened.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lithuania Visa / France Bans Nigerian students, others From Bringing Family, Delays Benefits / Should I Relocate To Canada ? Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.