Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:59 PM

! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ! (2188 Views)

Open Letter To My Secondary School Mates!!!!!!!!a Must Read. / My Life In Secondary School / Reminiscing Story About My Secondary School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

! by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
Our School Motto was: Making Men out of Boys. It was a community school at the outskirts of the city. For the past 7 years before I joined form 1, only 3 students had made it to a university; by cheating the exams. Our discipline master, Mr. Philip Adams was a self-proclaimed Ganja man- an awkwardly tall man with a shaggy goatee. We had nicknamed him Phillipe, a name which he personally loved.

Ours was the only boys school north of the Niger.

Striking was part of term’s co-curricular activities. At the beginning of each term, the teachers would include two more weeks to the timetable to compensate the days expected to be lost due to strikes.

On Friday nights, everything else used to take place except reading. I remember at one time, the whole of form 4 class was suspended for a mass sneaking out of school. We basically used to strike to quench our dual-thirst for Local Brew and girls. The nearby slum apart from providing grade 1 Local Brew, also housed willing twilight girls. On reaching form 3, most of us would already be proud fathers of several kids across the street. In fact most Form 4’s used to be referred to as Baba Johnny, Baba Caro et al by form 1’s.

This excessive libido made the administration take a drastic but draconian action.

Out of evident wickedness and cruel mistreatment, the administration hatched a plan behind our backs. According to classified Intel which we later sniffed, the admin together with the school cooks entered into an evil collaboration. They schemed, without our consultation, to spice our food with herbal anaphrodisiacs. angry

Immediate results. It worked.

I noticed it almost immediately after taking lunch on Wednesday. Although I entered the Dining Hall on a standing ovation, by the time I cleared my plate “I” was hanging lifelessly. I kept it to myself. lipsrsealed

On Thursdays, most of us used to trans-night until Friday morning; of course not reading, but moving across form 1 dorms soliciting funds for Friday Night escapades. We would only rest after raising sufficient funds for atleast three cups of local brew.

Alen was a funny character. He had repeated form 4 three times, each time disappearing at the third term, 2 days before the WASSCE (WAEC) exams.

It was Friday around 5 a.m. I heard him shouting his lungs out, standing at the dormitory’s entrance and screaming something about erecting. Most of us woke up to check on the hullabaloo.

The dormitories doors went open and sleepy ruffians ran to the center of the call. A size-able crowd gathered around Alen. Shaking his head like ripe Udala in the wind...
Re: ! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
cheesy grin
Re: ! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: ! by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Mods please help my ministry , I've been writing, see stories full my profile (fiction and non-fiction) none on FP, please put this one to encourage me cry

1 Like

Re: ! by Panshow(m): 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lol. This topic sha.
Re: ! by banjicom(m): 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Everybody is now single......
NaijaSingleBoy
NaijaSinglegirl
NaijaSinglemama
NaijaSinglepapa
NaijaSingleuncle

.....lol so many funny names on nairaland cheesy

1 Like

Re: ! by slickb(m): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you
Re: ! by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
slickb:
I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you

#BelieveMeAtYourOwnPeril grin
Re: ! by slickb(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
Mods please help my ministry , I've been writing, see stories full my profile (fiction and non-fiction) none on FP, please put this one to encourage me cry
pele
Re: ! by misspicy(f): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lol
Re: ! by Syphax(m): 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
Naijasinglegirl wannabe

NaijaSingleBoy:

Try harder next time bro...
Re: ! by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
Guy u try, but try to add paragraphs n spacing next time for easy read.
Re: ! by Harryzon(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

lol @ op, na beggin tinx? Lol
Re: ! by misspicy(f): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
No worry guy,lalasticlala,ishilove,seun and the rest arr warming up for FP tinz,but u shouldnt be discouraged, disappointments are most blessings in disguise,know that IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME..
Ur threads will make FP grin

1 Like

Re: ! by ITbomb(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lol
Frontpage
Re: ! by Obinnau(m): 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
continue to improve.
Re: ! by Onemansquad(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

#BelieveMeAtYourOwnPeril grin
ur bae dy on holiday ni cheesy
Re: ! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
Op tongue
Re: ! by Titidi(f): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

Don't cry, just keep posting

1 Like

Re: ! by GHoJes: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
Start by changing your name first. It is having traits of one who has nothing original/new/quality to offer. I understand you the benefits that can go with using a known name, but how many of such people have risen above the limitation inform of known name they develop under, besides it doesnt look good on what you do atleast not in your case.

Get a catchy name that can draw attention, if what you do is good enough, it will sustain the attention to the point where you even want to have breaks.
Do you know how far she went before she became known, you want her works to just speak for you without sweat?
Continue your work deligently, then it will speak for you someday.

As a matter of fact, the name attracted me to your work but i didnt read it, couldnt read it because it already sent average/mediocre/fake signal to my brain and that i detest, i mean like dead on arrival. I cant tell if your work is good or not because of the caveat in your name screaming read at your own risk or waste of time. I wrote this because of your subsequent posts not the official one.
Re: ! by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 8:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
GHoJes:
Start by changing your name first. It is having traits of one who has nothing original/new/quality to offer. I understand you the benefits that can go with using a known name, but how many of such people have risen above the limitation inform of known name they develop under, besides it doesnt look good on what you do atleast not in your case.

Get a catchy name that can draw attention, if what you do is good enough, it will sustain the attention to the point where you even want to have breaks.
Do you know how far she went before she became known, you want her works to just speak for you without sweat?
Continue your work deligently, then it will speak for you someday.

As a matter of fact, the name attracted me to your work but i didnt read it, couldnt read it because it already sent average/mediocre/fake signal to my brain and that i detest, i mean like dead on arrival. I cant tell if your work is good or not because of the caveat in your name screaming read at your own risk or waste of time. I wrote this because of your subsequent posts not the official one.

Thanks bro. Deactivating from nairaland....
Re: ! by GHoJes: 9:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

Thanks bro. Deactivating from nairaland....
Please dont, only change your name and if use the appropriate section to post. Like if comical base use joke section, if fashion base use fashion section etc so that people dont just assume its another story from a bored fellow, unless what you do is purely literature.

You dont run away from criticisms or unpleasant situations, you deal with them or they will always keep resurfacing to chase you because what you run away from always have power over you.

There's is a popular upcoming music artist here called airforce., when he released his work here, he got criticisms you dont want to imagine. I know he felt bad too but he pesevered and faced it. The last i heard about him, he is going places.

Even if your works are good people will still talk. Are you going to keep running away from your gift?
Can you really run away from critiques that are everywhere?
I only corrected your name not your works yet. Look again, i think it made some people that read it lol. Even as good as the name you copied, she still get criticised but she gets better because she continues and deal with it by taking the corrections and discarding the shafts.

1 Like

Re: ! by emperorfidel(m): 3:37am On Jul 20, 2015
brother, dont even think it! you are going nowhere!

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: The Church Accountant (season 4) 18+… Part 4 / Chimamanda Adichie / My Ordeals As A Teenager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.