Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. (46398 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: MMM Is Back And Better With Massive Merging Of Orders. / Us Stock Market 101 – Hot Stock Picks - Train And Get Good Hot Tips / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hi All,

I have decided to create this thread for like minded individuals, and those who intend to stay ahead of the fluctuating exchange rate in Nigeria. Learn how to trade the US market, invest your money, let your money work for you, and over a reasonable period of time you will become confident and actively trade yourself.

Note, this is not a get rich quick thread, it is to identify those who want to sum up the courage to follow the thread and see what the possibilities are , I will explain and show you stock I in, and you will see their performance over time. The plan is to draw more interest, later set up a training session for those who want to invest in the US Market, and I will mentor based on what I know as we go along. Please note, I would encourage better technical analyst as they we go along. Let us discuss and share thoughts, I do not claim to be a professional but know enough to stay afloat.

Please post your comments if you find this interesting, I will paste my analysis on this thread and you can follow up on the internet and see if this is real or another bogus get rich quick forum.

As he often say.... " the limit we set are the ones we see" Free your mind .....Oluyinka jimoh

Thanks, expect your comments

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2015
AMBA

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by jamace(m): 4:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ok. Welcome.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
Testing image

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 3:32am On Jul 19, 2015
AMBA

Description
Ambarella, Inc. is a developer of semiconductor processing solutions for video that enable high-definition (HD), video capture, sharing and display. The Company's system-on-a-chip (SoC) designs HD video processing, image processing, audio processing and system functions onto a single chip, delivering video and image. In the camera market, its platform enables the creation of high-quality video content in wearable sports cameras, automotive aftermarket cameras, professional and consumer Internet Protocol (IP), security cameras, telepresence cameras and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). In the infrastructure market, the Company's solutions manage IP video traffic, broadcast encoding and transcoding and IP video delivery applications. The Company sells its solutions to original design manufacturers (ODMs), and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).

AMBARELLA INC (AMBA) DATA

Stock Data Company Fundamentals

EPS Due Date 9/2/2015
EPS % Chg (Last Qtr) 184%
3 Year EPS Growth Rate 52%
EPS Est % Chg (Current Yr) 54%
Annual ROE 32.74%
Sales % Chg (Last Qtr) 74%
-Year Sales Growth Rate 32%
Debt % 0
Market Cap $3.48 Bil
Profit Margin 31.0%
Sector Chips

Industry Group Elec-Semicondctor Fablss

CONCLUSION - Based on the price action on the 18th. I will recomend this stock for a buy @ Current price plus 10 cents. I will continue to analyse and provide valuable information the stock till end of August. Please join me for question
Buy @121.45 Dollars on 20/07/2015

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 6:43am On Jul 22, 2015
Hi All,

Please find below my next recommendation for stock pick in the US Market. "GPRO"
Recomendation - Buy GPRO at 62.04 dollar/share - sell GPRO @ 77.44 for 20% PROFIT

Company Description

GoPro, Inc. produces mountable and wearable cameras and accessories, which the Company refers to as capture devices. Additionally, the Company develops and provides desktop editing software and mobile applications for free to consumers. The Company offers HERO line of capture devices, which include HERO2, HERO3 camera, the HERO3+ camera and the HERO4 and HERO. The Company also provides a selection of mounts designed to enable consumers to capture content while engaged in a range of activities. This includes equipment-based mounts, such as the helmet, handlebar, roll bar, as well as grip and tripod mounts. The Company also offers two software applications: GoPro Studio and GoPro App. GoPro Studio is a video editing tool that allows users to create videos from their GoPro content. The GoPro App allows users to control their GoPro cameras remotely using a smartphone or tablet. Its capture devices are sold through retailers, wholesale distributors and on the Company's Website.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by debbydee(f): 11:52am On Jul 22, 2015
is this not like forex
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
debbydee:
is this not like forex

Both stock and Forex use relatively the same form of technical analysis. Forex is very volatile and the price of currency is affected by too many variables. For a sock, the movement is affected by a few factors you can read although there are always some variable outside your control. I have engaged in both and have decided to settle for stock.

How does this differ from the stock in Nigeria, here you buy yourself, no need for a stock broker, you can buy in 10 seconds and sell in less than 10 seconds and your money will be with you in less than 10 seconds. you are fully in control from the corner of your room with an internet access. You only need to know what you are doing.

let me know if you want to know more, I intend to set up another thread simply for educational purpose while this is simply for technical analysis and stock recomendations.

4 Likes

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by badboy: 11:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
I want to learn more...my email address is believe_in_obinna@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 4:43am On Jul 23, 2015
badboy:
I want to learn more...my email address is believe_in_obinna@yahoo.com

For the main time, Keep a look out for this thread, when I have more than 10 followers, i will open another thread where we will start Fundamental of trading the market (Stock Market 101). this will strictly be used for technical analysis and recomendations
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by davide470(m): 8:57am On Jul 23, 2015
Nice one, Jideams. Learning a lot.

The use of Candle Stick Chart is really cool but might not be too helpful in here, maybe a line chart or so.

Also, your choice of US stocks, which of the market: NYSE / NASDAQ / DOW et al.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Bome01(m): 10:11am On Jul 23, 2015
Interesting, I might learn one or two things from here.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by ajsans: 11:04am On Jul 23, 2015
following jideams.although am in my final year in the university,hope it is not bad that I start learning from you now so as to know how to make good investment when I start making a living.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by kurupt1: 12:28am On Jul 24, 2015
Thanks for the info,nice work.which good online broker can one use here in nigeria to trade the US markets?
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 3:17am On Jul 24, 2015
davide470:
Nice one, Jideams. Learning a lot.

The use of Candle Stick Chart is really cool but might not be too helpful in here, maybe a line chart or so.

Also, your choice of US stocks, which of the market: NYSE / NASDAQ / DOW et al.

Cheers.

Line chart is not the best at all as it only provides you with the average price of the day. If you understand the candle stick very well, you will see it provides you with the opening, closing and the price range within a day. As you know a picture represent a thousand words. each daily or weekly candle in conjunction with the weekly traded volume will give you a good picture of investment sentiment, enabling a good decision making.

Regarding which market to trade, broker provides me the platform to trade both the NYSE, NASDAQ and DOW one platform. Actually you cannot rade one without the other.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 3:37am On Jul 24, 2015
kurupt1:
Thanks for the info,nice work.which good online broker can one use here in nigeria to trade the US markets?

Now you have asked one of the best question so far and the reason why you should trade on the US market. Here you do not need Nigerian Broker. I have traded on the Nigerian market using a Nigerian broker only to get frustrated ( ho.. we cannot buy today, hoooo we cannot sell today, hoooo the quantity is not ready) or the IPO has closed. You do not get all this on the US market, you will open and online trading account yourself, you can open one like you open an email account (very fast). This will give you an instant access to the platform am using to analyse the stock.

To trade, it might take another 4 weeks as you will have to set up your bank account to Fund the brokage account and verify your documents to ensure you are who you claim you are. All that will be done online. Once done you are ready to role, but right from the start you will have access to a dummy account you can you to practice the platform and familiarise yourself with it.

There are many online broker in the US but I will recommend the use of

TDameritrade.com.

This is the one I use and it will let you follow as I proceed. It will cost you 10dollars to buy and 10 dollars to sell not matter how may stocks.

form 50 dollar purchase to 100 thousand dollars purchase. all cost 10 dollar per trade. You know what your cost is up front. Let me know if you have more question.

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 3:40am On Jul 24, 2015
ajsans:
following jideams.although am in my final year in the university,hope it is not bad that I start learning from you now so as to know how to make good investment when I start making a living.

Trust me, if you understand the principles of investment at the time you leave school, you will realise that wealth is built on a formular.

Work - earn your salary - invest your money - now make your purchases on the proceeds of your investment. that way, as you work, your money works for you before spending.

Please try and read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad and it will show you the 4 quadrants of money manking.

3 Likes

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 3:41am On Jul 24, 2015
Bome01:
Interesting, I might learn one or two things from here.

Life is a learning curve, keep your mind open and you will be supprised what you might learn.

1 Like

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Nduxzy: 4:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Interesting!

Following
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by wengerly(m): 4:25am On Jul 24, 2015
Jideams:

Trust me, if you understand the principles of investment at the time you leave school, you will realise that wealth is built on a formular.
Work - earn your salary - invest your money - now make your purchases on the proceeds of your investment. that way, as you work, your money works for you before spending.
Please try and read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad and it will show you the 4 quadrants of money manking.

Thanks Jideams for the drive to enlighten us. I have been thinking of trading stocks in US/Canada and I think this will be a good opportunity to learn the markets here.

I already have a bank account with TD here in Canada, will that hasten my account opening process with TDameritrade?

Best Regards.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2015
wengerly:

Thanks Jideams for the drive to enlighten us. I have been thinking of trading stocks in US/Canada and I think this will be a good opportunity to learn the markets here.

I already have a bank account with TD here in Canada, will that hasten my account opening process with TDameritrade?

Best Regards.

If you are based in Canada, that should be quite straight forward
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by 2plus2: 8:21am On Jul 24, 2015
Following. And am interested in the Educational trend. Well done.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Bome01(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jideams:

Life is a learning curve, keep your mind open and you will be supprised what you might learn.
Well said.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by wengerly(m): 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jideams:

If you are based in Canada, that should be quite straight forward

Yes, I am based in Canada
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by sammycuts: 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2015
Am interested in it
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 6:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
I will steer clear from semiconductors, look at Qualcomm, its taking a beating. The U.S stock market is very volatile these days and I won't recommend anyone being a day trader. Be a stock picker, in other words, only buy stocks from companies you have researched yourself and understand. Don't focus so much on analytics, they are informative but never a guarantee. If all these graphs can predict the market so accurately, everyone will be making gains on the stock market, obviously that's not the case.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2015
YerYer:
I will steer clear from semiconductors, look at Qualcomm, its taking a beating. The U.S stock market is very volatile these days and I won't recommend anyone being a day trader. Be a stock picker, in other words, only buy stocks from companies you have researched yourself and understand. Don't focus so much on analysis, they are informative but never a guarantee. If all these graphs can predict the market so accurately, everyone will be making gains on the stock market, obviously that's not the case.

Well said, this thread is not for day traders, if you want to day trade you are better off trading forex where fundamental analysis is not much of a factor.

The decision to buy a stock in based on both fundamental and technical analysis. Rather unfortunate you only passed comment on the technical analysis. I have provide one of the most concise research on a stock ( Description of what the company does, the Fundamental analysis of the company and the technical price action of the stock.) the missing part of the part to all this is the general market direction. The market is designed to be volatile, there is nothing you can do about that. Why would anyone stay away from semiconductors ? you have them a component in your phone, smartwach, TV, laptop, cars and the list goes on. Yes they are cyclical in nature, so are other equities in the market, the most important thing is to choose stocks that are performing( Fundamental analysis) buy at the right time of high probability and low risk ( technical analysis) understand the general market direction ( Market state) and most importantly protect yourself ( stop loss) if you combine all these you will smile to the bank.

Technical analysis.

I still cannot believe there is a trader in this age that trades only based on Fundamental analysis, Fundamental analysis tell you the company is making sales, has good EPS but does not mean the price will go up. Technical analysis tells you what all investors are doing at a particular time you can see if a stock is heavily sold or bought, you can see if it is breaking out after a long rest, and if tell you when the big boys ( funds) are buying or selling. If you trade based on fundamental analysis and things change internally in the organisation ( say they lost a huge contract that make them money) only technical analysis will tell you something is going wrong before it shows in the books next quater.

Technical analysis discounts all ( NEVER BUY A STOCK BASED ON FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS ALONE) I have the scar to show for it, experience discounts all.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2015
YerYer:
I will steer clear from semiconductors, look at Qualcomm, its taking a beating. The U.S stock market is very volatile these days and I won't recommend anyone being a day trader. Be a stock picker, in other words, only buy stocks from companies you have researched yourself and understand. Don't focus so much on analytics, they are informative but never a guarantee. If all these graphs can predict the market so accurately, everyone will be making gains on the stock market, obviously that's not the case.

In Addition to your comments, I have decided to carry out a Fundamental and technical Analysis of " your" equity in question and based on my experience I would not have touch that stock for the reasons highlighted below. Let us start with the Fundamental analysis

Description QUALCOMM

QUALCOMM Incorporated (Qualcomm) designs, manufactures and market digital communications products and services based on Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) and other technologies. The Company’s products consist of integrated circuits and system software used in mobile devices and in wireless networks. The Company operates in three segments, including Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT), Qualcomm Technology Licensing (QTL) and Qualcomm Strategic Initiatives (QSI). QCT develops and supplies integrated circuits and system software based on CDMA, OFDMA and other technologies. QTL segment provides rights to use portions of its property portfolio. QSI segment is focused on opening new opportunities for its technologies.

QUALCOMM Fundamental Analysis.

QUALCOMM is in negative EPS (Earning per share -31%) with a grouth of 13% in the last 3 years, The ROE (return on investment is 22.86%)
but that is not backed up by good sales which is -14%. Question for you, if sales is -14% how did they have a return on investment
of 22%, (maybe they have been laying off staff). This is a 100 Billion dollar company growing at 13%. Am sure i will never,
have a second look as this company despite how well known it is.

Technical analysis.
Technical analysis is the forensic arm of trading. Look at the volume, the red histogram highlighted in green arrow on the lower
part of the graph. It tells you and shouting loud that the fund Managers are selling, did you see any buy (green) at the same level as the sell? That tells you there is more selling than buying taking place. You can see the huge volumes correspond to a huge drop in price, these are all obvious. Fundamental analysis will not show you this, buy the time you see it in the books next quater, it is too late.

Now look at the circle - That indicates the perfect storm, if you are still holding the stock at that point, then you much be the
owner of the company or you are not really sure of what is going on. that is the point where the 10 days, 15 days and 200 days moving average
crossed, from that point on you can only go south.

I will hold off here and quietly await your comments on this analysis.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2015
@ Jideams Very good analysis, but hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? Ok I have a challenge for you, I will open a new account with TD Ameritrade or Etrade and play around with $2,000 all of which will go towards any stock you suggest for a year, will post updates with pics here weekly or monthly. Simply recommend what stocks I should buy and post buy or sell alerts here and I will comply 100%. You will not be held responsible for the outcome of this experiment; What do you think?
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 9:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
YerYer:
@ Jideams Very good analysis, but hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? Ok I have a challenge for you, I will open a new account with TD Ameritrade or Etrade and play around with $2,000 all of which will go towards any stock you suggest for a year, will post updates with pics here weekly or monthly. Simply recommend what stocks I should buy and post buy or sell alerts here and I will comply 100%. You will not be held responsible for the outcome of this experiment; What do you think?

Fantastil !!! in fact I am impressed... Ok I agree to that and I will go a step further, in the near future I will invite you to join me in a Cisco Webex session, I plan to use this to organise a Paid training session in the Future, but the fact that you plan to put your money where your mouth is tells me you are a risk taker, so I do accept your challenge.

Going forward, we will start by reviewing the general market trend and identify possible trades. The market can only be in one or Three states

Confirmed uptrend
We only place new position at this state.

Up trend under pressure
We do not buy new stock at this state, we only watch out for our stock that are not performing well, and get ready to act.

Market In correction. - Here we adjust our stops based on our risk appetite and wait for the market to take us out or take our profit from the table if we are happy with it

Please use TD Ameritrade, the we can learn tricks on the platform and work in sync. and please make sure you use really money. Psychology of trade is very important and only comes with using real money.
Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by YerYer: 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
Account opened, will fund it tomorrow.

Re: US Stock Market, Even Playing Ground, Learn To Trade And Better Your Life. by Jideams(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ok Thats good, you should have access to the platform now whilst they process your application for real money trade.

I will review and post my analysis of the general market condition in relation to the stocks " AMBA" and " GPRO" for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

LUNO Nigeria Account Frozen By Court / SARS Arrest Woman Who Opened Ponzi Scheme In Awka After The Scheme Crashed(pics) / Daily Crypto-currency (bitcoin) Trading Signals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.