Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,469 members, 7,770,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:05 AM

Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! (65345 Views)

Nigerian Girls, Things You Shouldn't Do At Your Prime If You Must Marry. / Wooing A Girl: My Experience In Buses / What Guys Need To Fix Before Wooing A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2015

Today, we shall discuss a worldwide phenomenon; an occurrence that has plagued members of the male folk for centuries now. One of the hardest things for us as guys to do is say the right words to a woman we like. Let’s be real, in that moment when you’re in her presence, you wanna ensure your words are laced with gold. You wanna make sure your words have the capacity to put some sort of smile on her face. You want her to giggle, to laugh…because if you can genuinely make her laugh, then my nigga you’re half way there.

However what we want is sh.it compared to what we really do or say…

At that time, our brain gets clouded by a thousand and one thoughts all at once and we begin to foam at the mouth. Our heart begins to rattle like the soundtrack of Drumline or a Neptunes production. Basically, we become retarded. How on earth then do we initiate conversation? What pickup lines do we use? Do we throw on our faux Harvey Spector swag or just stick to our Sheldon Cooper geekiness?

I should probably talk about the things you really shouldn’t do.

1. “Tell me about yourself” – It doesn’t matter if it’s a date or a mobile conversation, this phrase is for INTERVIEWS not informal meetings. Some may say there’s nothing wrong with it but truth is; it’s a cliché, selfish way of getting to know a person. If you ask me this, I could say “I’m 50, retired 419 kingpin who found Jesus and now wants to live right” Thing is, anyone can give you a story. Best bet is to ask direct questions that improve CONVERSATION than leave one person to do all the talking. If that’s boring, you could suggest you play a game where you guess stuff about the other person and see how many you get right.

Quick tip: You don’t have to guess stuff like “you’re the first child” etc Make it steamy like “you’re wearing a thong right now” I’m sorry if she gets up and walks away or hangs up the phone, she was never good enough tbh. HAHA

2. Ditch the pick-up lines. “Your father must be Osama cos you’re the bomb” ... really? REALLY? “The spaces between your fingers were made so that mine will fit it” ARE YOU SMOKING EXPIRED PANADOL?!! “Heaven must be weeping because they’ve lost an angel” The only thing lost here seems to be your brain DPMO!!! If I was the girl, I’d probably just do away with the convo at this point. Pick-up lines were left behind in the 90’s, don’t make an ass of yourself just cos you want to impress her. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t compliment her but try not to sound like Jim Iyke at the Synagogue deliverance session while at it.

3. So you’ve had a first date and all seems well, Bruhhh I know you’re excited nshit cos you dropped your A- game and you had ol’girl grinning like a Cheshire but lemme hola at you real quick; Sorry to burst yo bubble my man, but now isn’t the time to be all over her like white on rice. A little space don’t kill anyone. Basically man, DON’T BOMBARD HER WITH CALLS OR IMS. Let her breathe. Of course you should check up when you can at intervals but don’t be Mr regular on her Whatsapp or iMessage (notice I didn’t say BBM? I’m an asshole, I know). Because let’s face it, what do you want to talk about all the time? You come across as jobless and clingy. Ladies don’t want that (well, the sensible ones really)

4. Point number 3 always raises the question “So when should I hit her up?” These things don’t have set time stamps man, Just like you know when you gotta go to the loo, it’s similar feelings. The next thing you should never do is live beyond your means. So you’re trying to bag that high class chic but we all know you stay in my side of town and you’ve got my type of money that is planned on per month basis (life is hard my nigga), The best you can do is be real with yourself. Don’t put up fronts because you wanna impress cos the same momentum you start with is the same you’ve gotta maintain. I’m not now saying you should do a buka first date but guy, if na amala and ewedu you fit afford, better find babe wey go happily throwback that amala with you.

So yeah, you’ve done your part and alladat, the ball is eventually in her court, leave it there. I know you wanna know where you stand and all but it’s never a good idea to bombard her. Some of you niggas even start using pictures of her as DP, putting up corny ass status messages, your tweets become Drakish and you just sound like a retard without even trying. My advice? Lean back. If she’s into you, she’ll let you know sooner or later, and if she don’t, it’s ok to eventually ask.

And guys, “No” is an answer.

Abeg I’m tired. Good luck

155 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by INTROVERT(f): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
grin

Number last is so tru

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by slickb(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
grin
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by kinglekan: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
INTROVERT:
grin
undecided

***Modified***
[b]

1. Hell yeahh!!

Very true, but sometimes it could be quite annoying when you try employing the direct questioning, which are harmless chitchats and she gives you the "you are asking me too many questions" line. Most times she is probably fronting for no reason.

Then you probably switch to something else just to keep the convo going smoothly and there again you have it, she gives you the one liner replies; fyn, no, yeah, kk, cool, tnx, etc

Nyways at this point ditch the babe and move on already. grin

2. Now this got me ROTFL..

Jeezz!! Who dafuq uses dose lame lines dis days, definitely high on EXPIRED PANADOL. cheesy

if u must use pick up lines at least be Fvcking innovative.

3. Well said bro!!

I guess the emotional rush coupled with all the _orgy makes most dudes completely _erratic. They bombard the babe with calls and text like their lives depend on it.

Too bad some babes take all dis initial 'gra gra' as love. Smh

4. Simply put ~ Be ORIGINAL! cool

@jefferyjames ~ I dedicate this meme to you. cool

@Mhizdeedy why u dey peep?
[/b]

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by ManOfList: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Arrant nonsense!!! Makes no sense!!!

Rubbish!!!!!!!! Fvck you op

ManOfList cool

10 Likes

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by shammahyaro(f): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
lol

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
ManOfList:

ManOfList cool
He-diot!!!

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
Book my space for front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
ManOfList:

ManOfList cool

Painment!! tongue

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by ManOfList: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Painment!! tongue
Fool! You wanna derail your thread right? Let's start it, I'm also good at that.

Monkey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by ManOfList: 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Orijin101:

He-diot!!!
_imbecile! Did i quote you? Jobless fool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by LaurelP(m): 5:06pm On Jul 18, 2015
get busy. thats d summary of everything!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
ManOfList:

Fool! You wanna derail your thread right? Let's start it, I'm also good at that.

Monkey

Na low sperm count dey worry you so o

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by stan241(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
ManOfList:
ManOfList cool
Really?
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by kennboiy(m): 5:10pm On Jul 18, 2015
Drop this line "Can i have your number".it's annoying

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Cutehector(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
Av come to the point in my life where I dnt need a gurlfrnd to survive...

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by ManOfList: 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

Na low sperm count dey worry you so o
Just like the one that brought you to this earth cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by ManOfList: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
stan241:

Really?
Face your prob, Idiot
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by chibwike(m): 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by stan241(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
ManOfList:

Face your prob, Idiot

Someone hasn't taken his meds today i see...piece of advise don't take this place too seriously pal, there is life worth living out there, don't come on here wanting everyone to be as depressed as you are

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by TheGidiBoss: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
this really nice
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by ManOfList: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
stan241:

Someone hasn't taken his meds today i see...piece of advise don't take this place too seriously pal, there is life worth living out there, don't come on here wanting everyone to be as depressed as you are
Wow......... Bravo........ Thank God you know you are depressed, fool!
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Aunty Ishilove someone is derailing my thread! cry
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Lol grin so true.. Those pickup lines got me rotfl. E.g
1. I believe I can fly, I just feel like spreading my wings nd fly away with u girl.
2. Right now an angel is missing in heaven, just call heaven now nd tel them u re fine, u re safe nd sound with me grin
3. Babe ain't u tired? U av been running thru my mind all day.
4. Baby u must be a broom cus u swept me off my feet.
5. If looks could kill, u would be a weapon of mass destruction. cheesy

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
kinglekan:

undecided

***Modified***
[b]

1. Hell yeahh!!

Very true, but sometimes it could be quite annoying when you try employing the direct questioning, which are harmless chitchats and she gives you the "you are asking me too many questions" line. Most times she is probably fronting for no reason.

Then you probably switch to something else just to keep the convo going smoothly and there again you have it, she gives you the one liner replies; fyn, no, yeah, kk, cool, tnx, etc

Nyways at this point ditch the babe and move on already. grin

2. Now this got me ROTFL..

Jeezz!! Who dafuq uses dose lame lines dis days, definitely high on EXPIRED PANADOL. cheesy

if u must use pick up lines at least be Fvcking innovative.

3. Well said bro!!

I guess the emotional rush coupled with all the _orgy makes most dudes completely _erratic. They bombard the babe with calls and text like their lives depend on it.

Too bad some babes take all dis initial 'gra gra' as love. Smh

4. Simply put ~ Be ORIGINAL! cool

@jefferyjames ~ I dedicate this meme to you. cool

@Mhizdeedy why u dey peep?
[/b]

Lol who is peeping? M actually viewing and also laughing

2 Likes

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by kinglekan: 6:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
MhizDeedy:
Lol grin so true.. Those pickup lines got me rotfl. E.g
1. I believe I can fly, I just feel like spreading my wings nd fly away with u girl.
2. Right now an angel is missing in heaven, just call heaven now nd tel them u re fine, u re safe nd sound with me grin
3. Babe ain't u tired? U av been running thru my mind all day.
4. Baby u must be a broom cus u swept me off my feet.
5. If looks could kill, u would be a weapon of mass destruction. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
[quote author=kinglekan post=36012973][/quote]

Lol I just pray u don't die on top or unda a female's ass tongue
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by orogodoganyin(m): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
there are no set rules mahn... d'u know that, staring at their chests may work 4 some girls?

4 Likes

Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
orogodoganyin:
there are no set rules mahn... d'u know that, staring at their chests may work 4 some girls?

Tnk God u said some girls cus u wouldn't want to receive slap while staring @ their chest
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by orogodoganyin(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Tnk God u said some girls cus u wouldn't want to receive slap while staring @ their chest

hehehe... just got tired of their 'top ten' threads ni jare. it's excessive nw.

what works 4 u thow? cheesy
Re: Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! by kinglekan: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
MhizDeedy:

Lol I just pray u don't die on top or unda a female's ass tongue
Don't derail my padi's thread oooo!! Nwaz not just a female, I prefer URS. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Reasons A Guy Could Possibly Snub A Girl / My Pregnant, Stubborn Girlfriend Slapped Me, Insults My Parents / Please Help Me I Don't Know How To Toast A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.