Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. (12605 Views)

The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / I Am Tired Of My Marriage Barely Four Months Into The Marriage / Am Too Months Into Marital Life Today,what Internet Has Brought 2geda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by unfaded(m): 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2009
@emiemi, the ironic thing is you look differntly from how you sound
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by UNLEASHED(m): 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2009
Before their marriage ceremony in December 2008
1. Late last year while they were planning marriage,they discovered that she was pregnant.Against
   the guy's entreaties to keep the baby,she aborted the pregnancy without the guy's consent.

2. Still in 2008 while they were planning for the marriage,they had a quarrel,she rushed to the kitchen,
   picked the knife and stabbed him on his elbow leaving a mark to date to show for it.

3.Still before marriage,they had a fight and she bite him almost chopping off his fifth finger.

4.While they were lying on the bed one saturday,his fone rang.She enquired who the caller was and on discovering that it was
  a lady caller,she reached out and clobbed his eyes with an object,almost blinding him and ran away.

5.Each time she travels to school to check result or something(she has just graduated from  a tertitiary institution) or to the village
  she demands for and is placed on a fixed daily out station allowance.

All this happened before marriage and the guy still went ahead and took her to the alter
I'm sorry for this your friend because the girl might kill him before the end of this month!!
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by tytylayor: 5:43pm On Mar 11, 2009
its not his fault embarassed na juju + love cover him eyes embarassed
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by sammyzacks(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2009
does he go to a church, let him talk with his pastor. i think its either he is bewitched is he has been a big fool all this while.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Gaminechic: 5:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
Looks like she comes from the state between ONDO and DELTA.

Its a common charater among some of them.

Why are some people just so "funny"

Instead of proffering solution they are conjuring nansense

@Poster,

As he lay his bed, he has to lie in it.

But Life is too short for this kain wahala.

Divorce proceedings-------------------->Goodluck
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Taiwo1979: 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2009
HEY MY GUY, I KNOW THE PERSON MUST BE DEFINETELY YOU grin grin grin grin grin BUT MY ADVISE FOR U IS TO DO WHAT, JUST RUN FOR UR DEAR LIFE IF U LOVE URSELF ASHEWO[i][/i] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by JustGood(m): 6:06pm On Mar 11, 2009
There is a little more to it than we have read.

However, its definitely a highly unhealthy relationship and the best thing is to move out of that kind of marriage.

Best of luck
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by papagiddy(m): 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2009
uuuuhm! well, what i will say is:  RUN BABY RUN, She is devil incarnate, period. the man has made marital blunder!
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
The guy lacks self control. How can a guy go marry because of pussy?

The girl is definitely an agbero/area girl. I know those types - backward, illiterate, lowlifes. How can a man, in today's world, marry those kind of crude, hyper-aggressive, beast-like, primitive-minded babes? I pity the dude. That he married such a girl says a lot about the guy's personality. That he even tolerated her behavior tells me that he doesn't have much experience with women. Such beasts need men who are equally aggressive - slap me one, I slap you 101; stab me one, I break your head; remove my eye, I take off your head! The guy seems to be a gentle dude, so he needs a gentle babe, not a wild dog like the ghoul he ended up with.

Guys need to have high standards in marriage, there too many beasts in human skin roaming around, offering free pussy and looking for a mugu to trap. Only very high standards (in the basics) can give a guy any reasonable chance of weeding out the psychotics, the lunatics and plain wicked.

Good luck.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by ehie007(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
if this story is true, then the poor guy must run,
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by spikedcylinder: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2009
This thing is bloody over exaggerated jor.  undecided Except the man married a lunatic, I don't think any sane woman can be like that, I mean, stab you in your eye because of a phone call? Seriously? undecided

From what I've seen, the first year or so of marriage is usually the most difficult especially in a place like Nigeria where cohabiting before marriage is strictly frowned upon. Two people leaving familiar surroundings to come and live together can usually be disastrous if both of them don't learn how to tolerate each other. I have heard stories worse than this one where both the husband and wife lie their asses out just to "look good" in the eye of third parties.

Dude should go and sort himself out. And Kx, did he really tell you he married his wife because of her kitten?
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by jamace(m): 6:42pm On Mar 11, 2009
Poster, go to the police now and denounce/dissociate yourself from that family. I foresee a situation where that beast of a woman will murder that idiot of a man and you will be called as witness. In fact, poster, you are the one at most risk. If you wait any further and fail to do what I have advised you, you will regret your life by the time it happens and police begin to drill you. I think you know what the police can do to both accused and witness, eh? I don talk my own o.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

This thing is bloody over exaggerated jor.  undecided Except the man married a lunatic, I don't think any sane woman can be like that, I mean, stab you in your eye because of a phone call? Seriously? undecided

From what I've seen, the first year or so of marriage is usually the most difficult especially in a place like Nigeria where cohabiting before marriage is strictly frowned upon. Two people leaving familiar surroundings to come and live together can usually be disastrous if both of them don't learn how to tolerate each other. I have heard stories worse than this one where both the husband and wife lie their asses out just to "look good" in the eye of third parties.

Dude should go and sort himself out. And Kx, did he really tell you he married his wife because of her kitten?

er why do you add the $$ signs?  grin

admin has not er . . .censored the [size=20pt]PUSSY[/size]cats grin
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by dae(f): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2009
tytylayor:

its not his fault embarassed na juju + love cover him eyes embarassed

as per love is blind bah, lol

@ poster -- But for real though, i do think there's more to it that that. This aint ordinary at all oh! haba, stabbing him, almost chopping his finger off, stabbing him in the eye (SHE MIGHT BE BLOOD HUNGRY, MAYBE HER TIME FOR DONATION) LOL, EVEN swear for the dude while naked = DAYUUUMMM!!! CORRECT OMO ESU
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Jairzinho(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2009
Naija !!!
Wonders shall never end . shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by spikedcylinder: 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2009
oyb:

er why do you add the $$ signs?  grin

admin has not er . . .censored the [size=20pt]PUSSY[/size]cats grin

Lol. Asiwo, I'm a lady. tongue grin
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by cutieisme(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
this mariage is a mess, your friend is a good man, if i was to be in his shoe, i would have kill the girl myself, get her out of your life before she apply science(juju) for you oo,
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by wazobiang: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2009
I type in a lot of stuff and lost it when the browser back button went.

But the summary of what I wanted to say is that they guy himself just said all this. And we have not heard from the girl. Marriage is a complex issue. Thats why some people refuse to wade into other people's marriage issue. A man is created to be able to live with any man and vice versa.

About looking before you jump into marriage. Its true but I hope you know that some people have lost out simply by looking too deep. And I have seen men that married "prostitutes" and living happily. Not prostitutes as in hear say but as in they were in the know when the lady was plying her wares.
By the way lest I digress.

The girl may have cheated before marriage (hence the baby termination) but has  not opened it (that thing between her legs) to any man since she became married. It will become rather complicated if the guy now cheats on her after marriage (very possible, I tell you) because of what is happening. He might actually be drowning his sorrows on top of another woman as we discuss.

I cannot blame the guy for marrying someone he cannot cope with. I blame his parents and siblings for making him
1.) incapable of knowing when its above his tolerance level or
2.) a sissy

My advice is that the girl might be a sheep in wolf skin (the are like that nowadays). If he should divorce her and marry another woman as someone I know has, he may find out that the first wife was better. Or not. If life with the first wife was better with all the so called biting, stabbing (sissy!), and not greeting his father (Yar Ardua or man with blemish?) what then will he say or do.

My gut feeling is that this is a girl that lived a bad life before marriage and is trying to live a better life (albeit immaturely pursuing the objective) and the guy
1. is not giving her enough sex (since she has run short of steady supply)
2. is not coming fort with the money he has implied he had (its surprising how guys can give impression of having dough just to score and then when they want to marry they forget to lay their financial cards on the table so as to not leave room for any financial misunderstanding)
3. 's parents have been stressing her and she's replying faithfully
4. does not love her again. u know as they say, love conquers all.

Banza! She is your wife. Analyze her. In marriage, if you fail to analyze before you jump in, you are in an even better position to analyze after. Get in her shoes. Maybe for example she's feeling crowded because of you and you family looking sideways when she steps in. Keep your family away. And please note that if you did not disvirgin a girl yourself it makes no sense saying she might be promiscous. Even the ones you disvirgined yourself might one day feel a better "leather".

As far as am concerned the lady is in panic mode hence the nake curse. Her back was against the wall and she did what she heard years ago always works. The bullshit doesn't work except you deserve it and/or were warned. The way I see it the guy coming up with flimsy reasons for divorce. He might deserve it.

So guy, if you want to walk away, walk away peacefully and don't throw mud at my sister (even though I do not know her) because bricks might be coming your way spiritually, literally, likewise or otherwise.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by SeanT21(f): 7:33pm On Mar 11, 2009
How/Where did he meet a girl like that

DAMN,SHE IS INSANE!!
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by dontexe(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2009
The babe don put sth for toto for the guy. as the guy Bleep am, he turn to mario. It's possible, with black power.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by cvibe: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2009
Poster,

Tell your friend to take it easy with his wife till he breaks off the marriage cos hell hath no fury than a woman scorned.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Bishop(m): 7:58pm On Mar 11, 2009
With a very good beating,she will learn to respect her husband, the marraige was doomed before it started but weting the guy want to chop no let am see.

The truth is that you cant just walk out of the marraige like that something must prompt the other party to want a divorce too.thats why i suggested a thoruough beating.

The advice is at your own risk

Thanks
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2009
@kx

how r u bro?.my opinion 2 dis story is dat ur frendo is in deep shit,but wit god all things r possible,my five cent advice is dat ur pal n his misuse shud go 4 councelling in any living church,am sure deliverance 'll be necessary 4 both of em.4 me divorce is not an option beside christ condem's it .
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by sleekdoc: 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ spikedcylinder

been watching you gal, wild luv to spike ur cylinder someday

@ topic

Ur friend cant jus run like that, he needs to catch her cheating or something so that he can have legal and biblical grounds for the divorce, since he knows he's gona leave, let him jus play it cool and ignore all her excesses, he might even become nicer to her and smile all the time,knowing what he's gona do, at the same time u guys strategize how u gona "catch her", and when u do blow it to the whole world, then he can kick her out and everybody, even God will support it
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by REALTRUTH1: 8:53pm On Mar 11, 2009
sleekdoc:

@ spikedcylinder

been watching you gal, wild luv to spike ur cylinder someday

@ topic

Ur friend cant jus run like that, he needs to catch her cheating or something so that he can have legal and biblical grounds for the divorce, since he knows he's gona leave, let him jus play it cool and ignore all her excesses, he might even become nicer to her and smile all the time,knowing what he's gona do, at the same time u guys strategize how u gona "catch her", and when u do blow it to the whole world, then he can kick her out and everybody, even God will support it

Please read one of my earliest post and read 1tsCor15 verses 15 very well.ur advice was what eventually killed my blood sister and her husband actually started dating another lady even b4 my sister died.Moreover in this case,they re both not christians so don't bring the God factor into this.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by REALTRUTH1: 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2009
People hide under religion to operate a fraudulent marriage.It doesn't matter how religious you are,ons a marriage gets to a point of this nature,it simply means in the first there was love rather it lust that inspired the marriage.The guy in question and based on this story is stupid guy,,the girl is not matured for marriage though she is matured enough for very good sex which she used in holding the stupid guy in question.
I am married and married to a very sweet but tough lady,,,on the hand am also tough so we both had a balance.she is smart and am smart.she is God fearing and I am same.she is beautiful and am also handsome.But all these didn't just come all at a bliss,,we had both had very tough experience with men and women alike as the case may be.At the time we were dating sex wasn't our focus, our focus was defined,it captures everything positive you can think of.My toughness didn't just come all of a sudden but as a function of the relationships i had been into,,thesame applies to her.
Bottomline, what am saying in essence is that, there is more into a relationship,dating or marriage than sex or going to bed.Marriage is simply RESPONSIBILITY,and responsibilty is a function what U ve got in ur HEAD and how to apply those stuff in ur HEAD to daily life challenges.Most people don't ve business being married.This guy should have simply use this girl as a girlfriend and not a wife.And as we speak here some people would make just thesame mistakes 2mrow.Not all relationships must end in marriage,,it doesn't matter if the girl is an angel or her name is character,,or good girl.Bottomline, No man or any Woman is particularly meant for any man or woman.
If the guy call it quit,both the guy and d girl would have learnt something which they would both take into their subsequent relationship.Its of no good when either party would end up killing the other in the future.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by chuxy12(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2009
what LUST shocked has joined together anything including sanity and reasoning can put asunder.
ol boy run 4 ur life . Next time na ur PEN---S she go cut grin
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by AmosAmos(m): 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
I am no fan of Divorce, but i tink the guy av to run for his life as the marriage is not a safe place for him.He made a awful mistake from the start. Next time he should investigate before investing.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by spoilt(f): 11:32pm On Mar 11, 2009
This is real funny. Sounds made up but oh well, , , , , , , grin
What can i say? After all her offences before marriage he still put a ring on it? She must be one heck of a lay! grin
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by afiamanu(f): 12:15am On Mar 12, 2009
OMGoodness this is real sad, i think he should run
just run.
run as far as your legs can take you, and if i were u i would move to a whole different area
and take up all ur belongings in case she tries to do juju on ur ass
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by osisi2(f): 12:59am On Mar 12, 2009
@ the poster
If I were you ,I'll be very careful when hanging out with this friend.
Infact,as long as he insists on being with this diabolic woman,I'll advise you not to be seen anywhere around him or else the day her demons charge excessively, na your head and the husband head together.
The woman is a major psycho.
The voices in her head may just whisper your name as the source of their wahala and you won't escape it.
be warned.
Re: Divorce Proceedings 2 Months Into A Marriage. by lawyer(m): 2:27am On Mar 12, 2009
Its not possible to file for a divorce legally within 2 months of marriage.

They have to be separated for at least a year or one of the spouses has abandoned the other for a year or 2 years before a valid petition for a dissolution of marriage can occur most especially on the grounds of irreconcivable differences and from the look of things, its going to be a very nasty divorce that could take another extra 2 years or so before a judge grants a decree nisi leading to a decree absolute to end the marriage.

The best thing he can do is abandon his wife or separate from her till the one year runs out and he files for the petition before she does so as to expedite it or probably sit down with her to resolve their differences so that there will be a consent judgement to dissolve the marriage after a years time so as to save money.

Divorces in Nigeria are very expensive, so spouses should think of everything before they dwell into it.

Also all his arguments about the girl before he got married would be null and void before a court because a valid defence for the woman in question is that he knew about her behaviour before he married her, so he has no grounds for complains there. Also the issue of fraud would not hold, but the grievious bodily harms he endured could work towards his favour!

Finally if kids are involved, then its really gonna get messy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

thanks / Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.