Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

I Need A 3D Instructor - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I Need A 3D Instructor (4518 Views)

My Comic Art Work Of A 3d Scorpion / When A 3D Artist Adds ‪photography‬ To His Set Of Skills (check It Out) / I Need A 3d Animation Trainer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A 3D Instructor by jerrymania(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2006
Hi everyone i'm new to 3d graphics and highly interested in making cartoons, 3d animations etc and I just bumped into blender 3d version 242.

Well I still need a mentor in this area who would guide me into the world of 3d and how i can make the very best of it. Any whiz kid out there?
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by jerrymania(m): 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2006
Whats up house? nobody is replying me or is there no master here? shocked tongue embarassed
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by grafikdon: 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2006
smiley I suggest you join the numerous blender forums. You will gain a lot that way. I couldn't be of much help since I have never used blender. Good luck man.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by Iyinoluwa(m): 12:53am On Sep 28, 2006
hey man, have you eva been indtroduced to 3ds Max? I find that more confortable. Check that out first and give me your feedback.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by kheme(m): 8:09am On Sep 28, 2006
i think this guy can help you, Samson Aligba, his name is gdi on this site, try to contact him! he's my friend and i've seen some of his good works! maybe not a "pro", but he knows the stuff, trust me!
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by deb(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2006
I have a friend who is a pro in both 3DMax and Maya. I have never seen him work with blender.

If 3Dmax or Maya is the way you wish to go then contact me at naijasensation@yahoo.com
and I'll link you up with him

Meanwhile, it seemed to me like you reside in Port Harcourt. My guy resides in Lagos o.
That could be another clause sha.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by spade: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2006
I've designed a full length cartoon using Maya but I'm not that good at Blender. I have Blender 2.42 But I'm not very good at it. I suggest you download some of their tutorials from their website which is www.blender3d.net
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by clintOrion: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2006
Nice to have such inovation but the blender seems good and technical, i advice u get the tuotorials from the net and read also their CDs understandable learning are also available. though i am still trying to get @ it in a viable way.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by TARS(m): 2:05am On Sep 04, 2007
hi
I like to help you by myself step by step .
I worked with some prog mostly 3D max and broadcast works in studio.
really like to corporate with you with new idea and ,
if you like here it is : ta_redstar@yahoo.com
See ya wink
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by voldemort(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2007
Note: Website for blender is http://www.blender.org not blender dot net.
My suggestions, use google and do a search for 3D tutorials - there are tons of them with example.
Eg. http://www.tutorialized.com http://www.3dkingdom.org
Also, l personally think 3DS Max is easiest to use and from my experience l noticed most game and cartoon developers in China and USA use it. Maya is considered the ultimate, used in most major movies - it can do anything (but would not make your movie files, just the rendered pictures for you to join into a movie file using say Adobe Premiere). Blender as with all open source software has a learning curve - some say hard, but at least you don't have a problem getting a legit full-version 3d software with no license fees.
I personally use all 3 but blender the least.
Note. Most real 3D artists esp. in USA use a bit of all 3 but will have their expertise in 1 or 2, because as in software, everything has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, l find Maya very good and powerful for effects like fur, hair etc creation and like the bundled materials with it. Only with Max 9 has Autodesk added some materials. For quick animation projects l simply use Autodesk 3ds max 9.
Note also, you can get the entire user manuals online for Blender (small size) and 3DS online (very large 3 volume PDFs - eg. one of the pdfs has about 1300 pages to print!)
Hope this helps.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by iparrot(m): 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2007
look for blender tutorials on the net and try to learn it. don't be fazed about evrybody talking about not using blender ( i don't use blender myself cos i was blessed with lightwave from the conception, but i hope to use blender for fluid system) but i have seen some upcoming cg animated feature that they used blender, and they are pretty damn awesome! so don't be fazed, learn any tutorial even if it is not a blender tutorial. but can give you advice if you need help.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by OKX(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2007
JERRY.CALL ME AT 0802 328 9217
I STAY IN PH.
IF UR SERIOUS ABOUT THE 3D THING,THEN HOLLER-IF ITS A TRYOUT THING,THEN DONT!
NO OFFENSE MEANT,JUST THAT IVE SEEN AND HEARD ALL SORTS.
3D IS A DEMANDING MISTRESS!
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by Stanozcom(m): 4:06am On Oct 12, 2007
Jerry, I've been using Blender 2.42 for awhile now.
I can help you.

Get my contact info from my profile here --- or my site.

Feel free to call me.

Ton gave Blender to the world. We perfected it.
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by voldemort(m): 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2007
Updated my most useful 3d graphics links at: http://us.mbah.net/3d-graphics/
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by yemo90(m): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2008
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by voldemort(m): 7:22am On Mar 14, 2008
Very impressive portfolio on your facebook webpage. Keep it up!
Re: I Need A 3D Instructor by Neoteny(m): 12:17pm On Mar 20, 2008
someone is starting from scratch and you are recommmending professional packages for him. blender is darn hard to use cos ive been using it right from day one and im still not that good.

bros, please try google sketchup, 3D canvas or Anim8tor first. then move up to milkshape 3D. its best that way for a noob

(1) (Reply)

Mixtape Album Cover Design (þhº†ºšh°þ™) / Breaking news: Cultist waist Cut In Half!! Say no to cultism! (Graphic pics) / Dbanj's Website Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.