Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,393 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice (33692 Views)

Judges’ Arrest “deeply Regrettable, Distressing” - Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Buhari Takes Water As Osinbajo, Saraki And Chief Justice Take Juice (pic) / ' President Shagari, Please Forgive Us!'. Tunde Fagbenle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by seankay(m): 8:54am On Jul 20, 2015
Congrats. But the man's face get as he b
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 20, 2015
Good one, I have seen comment from yoruba brother bringing the Great Igbo into the achievement of their brother WITHOUT Knowing that PROF BEN NWABUEZE wrote the CoNSTITUTION of GAMBIA and ETHOPIA.

IGBOS are great people and pace setters.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by PrinceMario(m): 8:59am On Jul 20, 2015
A product of Great of Ife
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by ideylaff: 9:01am On Jul 20, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I will rather be a cop in a US state. Gambia ko, hiati ni..

see his coat sef

Why do people talk like this with no real knowledge of the issue at hand .

I think NL should have a basic level of intellect before people are allowed to post

Gambia has a lot of respect for Nigeria and have a long history of making our Legal exports
If great influence within their Judicial system

The life in Gambia us peaceful and well organised.

Please don't cheapen thus appointment is any way shape or form. Read below a close family member who was an excellent person to Gambia

] He served as a Justice of the Court of Appeal of the Gambia (1980–1983) and was Chief Justice of the Gambia (1983–1992). He was Vice President of the World Judges Association in 1991.

Justice Ayoola was so upright he headed ICPC and had the courage to challenge the status quo buy advocating Life imprisonment for people found guilty of stealing public funds.

Shame the NASS let him down by frustrating all his efforts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Ayoola

EditWatch this page
Emmanuel Ayoola

Emmanuel Olayinka Ayoola is a Nigerian lawyer and judge who became Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission in 2005. He is also a judge of the Appeals Chamber of the Special Court for Sierra Leone.[1]

Edit
Emmanuel Ayoola was born in October 1933. He obtained a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of London, and a BA in Jurisprudence from Oxford University. He was called to the English Bar at Lincoln's Inn in 1957. In 1959 he was admitted as Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. For seventeen years he had a private legal practice in Ibadan, Oyo State.[1][2]

Judicial career Edit
In 1976 he was appointed a Judge of the High Court of Western Nigeria, and soon after a judge of the High Court of Oyo State.[2] He served as a Justice of the Court of Appeal of the Gambia (1980–1983) and was Chief Justice of the Gambia (1983–1992). He was Vice President of the World Judges Association in 1991. He was President of the Court of Appeals of Seychelles, and Justice of the Court of Appeal of Nigeria (1992–1998), Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria (1998–2003), retiring in October 2003 at the mandatory age of 70. He then became the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission of Nigeria (2003–2005). He was Chairman of the Working Committee on Law Revision of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2000.[1]

The Secretary-General of the United Nations appointed Ayoola as President of Appeals Chamber of the Special Court for Sierra Leone (2004–2005), set up to try those responsible for the Sierra Leone Civil War.[3] He has edited the Seychelles Law Digest, the Law Reports of the Gambia, and the Nigerian Monthly Law Reports.[4]

Independent Corrupt Practices Commission Edit
In 2005 Ayoola was appointed Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, replacing Mustapha Akanbi on his retirement.[citation needed] In August 2008, Ayoola said that all acts of corruption that hamper government efforts in the fight against corruption should attract a mandatory sentence to life imprisonment without remission.[5]

References Edit

^ a b c "About the Keynote Speaker: Justice Emmanuel Olayinka Ayoola" (PDF). Nigerian Lawyers Association. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
^ a b MARIAM UWAIS (November 18, 2003). "Hon Justice Emmanuel Olayinka Ayoola Justice of the Supreme Court: Jurist Par Excellence Takes a Bow.". This Day. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
^ "Judicial Appointments to the Special Court". United Nations. 26 July 2002. Retrieved 2009-10-12.[dead link]
^ "Emmanuel Ayoola". AfDevInfo. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
^ "ICPC Chairman Wants Life Jail for Saboteurs of Anti-Corruption Campaign". Daily Champion. 22 August 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-12.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Ayoola

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by slikcipher(m): 9:05am On Jul 20, 2015
datbay:
Talk straight, are you talking about the yeeboos?

He's referring to retards like you.
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by sumonaira1976: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2015
I have interracted with him personally some years ago; Very humble and unassuming; a worthy elevation....
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by afrika(f): 9:13am On Jul 20, 2015
We praise him. We hair him. We commend the Gambia. But in Nigeria, most states cannot accept other tribes to be in their local govt. Though we have Niger and Chad in our ministerial lists. It's okay
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by spanzed(m): 9:14am On Jul 20, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
Great product from Southwest
why can't we just give comment without segregation... wch one is southwest now....just say he is a Nigerian...Lobatan
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're not happy over a northerner in NNPC but want a foreigner to head a body in Nigeria, how do you reason?

Why should I be angry a Northerner is heading the NNPC? Why? It doesn't make any sense.

Besides, the issues are much more than just a Northerner heading the NNPC. I'm just in support of a total restructure of the system.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by redsun(m): 9:16am On Jul 20, 2015
Gambia is a lawless country that is run by a dictator that thinks he is running a mosque. The same as nigeria.- rogue nation.
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 20, 2015
philips70:

When state of origin is still in our forms in this modern age? A Bayelsa man serving as a common office clerk in Gombe state is a celebrated story here.

Our issues too many sef! It goes deeper beyond the state of origin; we hardly see each other as one. Bro!!!
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by philips70(m): 9:23am On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Our issues too many sef! It goes deeper beyond the state of origin; we hardly see each other as one. Bro!!!

That's why this generation needs to deviate from our past and start preaching oneness and unity. If you move around a lot you will really not see any reason to be close circuited around this tribal thing. I know it's difficult to ignore these mutual suspicions but we can only try especially when we know some certain greedy individuals are festering it for selfish gains.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 20, 2015
philips70:

That's why this generation needs to deviate from our past and start preaching oneness and unity. If you move around a lot you will really not see any reason to be close circuited around this tribal thing. I know it's difficult to ignore these mutual suspicions but we can only try especially when we know some certain greedy individuals are festering it for selfish gains.

I just hope you're NOT insinuating what I'm not? I'm not a tribalist; I'm just someone who is irredeemably avowed to seeing justice and equity thrive in the society I live. That's all.

There are fundamental issues that keep rising to tribalism in this nation. And the solutions to these mutual suspicions are what I seek. Period.
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Why should I be angry a Northerner is heading the NNPC? Why? It doesn't make any sense.

Besides, the issues are much more than just a Northerner heading the NNPC. I'm just in support of a total restructure of the system.
Self deceit.
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by RealEstate35: 9:39am On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o! affordable LANDS FOR SALE and apartments for rent at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by kunledegreat(m): 9:40am On Jul 20, 2015
Learn to speak & write : German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Chinese, English and Nigerian languages i.e, Hausa, Yoruba & Igbo. 
+ Preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch. 
+ German re-union visa preparatory class. 
+ Apply for undergraduates / ‎masters study in Germany. 

Address:        B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa. 
Mr Kolade.   : 08035949272
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Self deceit.

Your opinion. Your right.
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by philips70(m): 9:45am On Jul 20, 2015
dearpreye:

I just hope you're NOT insinuating what I'm not? I'm not a tribalist; I'm just someone who is irredeemably avowed to seeing justice and equity thrive in the society I live. That's all.

There are fundamental issues that keep rising to tribalism in this nation. And the solutions to these mutual suspicions are what I seek. Period.

Honestly, I have never seen you as a tribalist but someone who thinks things are not as it's supposed to be with his people. It's an inherent feeling that can masquerade and manifest like being a tribalist. I have witnessed your detribalised and objective nature severally on this forum. In the midst of this, there are incurable tribalists in our midst and we need to do more to preach peace and unity in our own little way. Many times it's the man, your brother who is close to you who seek your downfall while a perceived enemy and stranger wishes you well and will do everything to protect your interest. But mutual suspicions and established norms might shield us from such occurrences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:55am On Jul 20, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
Great product from Southwest

the tribal cows
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2015
datbay:
Talk straight, are you talking about the yeeboos?

U are one of them.
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by emmalexabl(m): 10:01am On Jul 20, 2015
That face though.,

Is he ralated to Obasanjo ??
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 20, 2015
Shortyy:
Wow. Good for him
How short are you?
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by neocortex: 10:03am On Jul 20, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
Great product from Southwest Nigeria
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by IAmTobore(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2015
Melo lara Gambia? Please talk of a better country!
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by j1mmy: 10:11am On Jul 20, 2015
appointment based on merit, if it was Nijja...it will be a mallam just for the sake of having a mallam
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by BUSHHUNTER: 10:15am On Jul 20, 2015
Emade:
Is southwest not part of nigeria?

Southwest is a great and blessed region in Nigeria
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by BUSHHUNTER: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2015
spanzed:
why can't we just give comment without segregation... wch one is southwest now....just say he is a Nigerian...Lobatan

No is a YORUBA MAN but a Nigerian by default
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by aenero(m): 10:18am On Jul 20, 2015
sammyj:
God bless Nigeria, God bless SW Nigeria !!!
bigot sighted
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by sammyj: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2015
..... shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked grin grin grin
aenero:
bigot sighted
Re: Emmanuel Fagbenle, Nigerian-born Is Gambia's Chief-Justice by merits(m): 11:27am On Jul 20, 2015
iphanyiuma:
Non of my business undecided
rejoice on somebody's progress,so that yours will come past 2.so dia4 be proud of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isaac Obe: Ex-Youth President Murdered In Eleme, Rivers (Graphic Photo) / Kola Abiola Right, Tinubu Begged Abacha For Post – Chief Bode George / Senator Uche Ekwunife Distributes Food Items To Anambra Central (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.