Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers (11336 Views)

5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers / The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by DJBIGGY(m): 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:
Lol. A large percentage of these "Bloggers" Don't even know what blogging is all about. Most of them see it as only a money making avenue.

Some can't even write one full sentence without making grammatical blunders. That's why they result to copy and paste.

Blogging in Nigeria is becoming a BIG JOKE!. Lack of creativity is killing us. Entertainment blogs everywhere

There can be alot of entertainment bloggers everywhere but one has to stand out amongst the rest... it is just a pity because it is those who manage to learn how to type and open google that think they can become millionaires instantly when they blog... but like you said creativity is necessary to the art of blogging.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by wakes: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Blogging is hard work...
Nothing good comes easy!
The likes of Linda Ikeji, Jide, etc have paid PRICES to rise to the TOP...
Get a Blogger Mentor to learn from to avoid re inventing the wheel.
Getting a MENTOR will >50% of your blogging challenges and you can in turn effectively manage the remaining % easily.
Use money to make money too.
Blogging is business!
I just received payment fro AMAZON and waiting to collect from Google.
I am registered on Amazon associate and Google AdSense respectively that is why.
Go for PAID TRAFFIC instead of FREE when you have what to sell PRODUCT or SERVICE.
In the long run you will make more instead of looking for cheasp or free traffic.
Wishing all Bloggers well!

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Richie0974: 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by miqos02(m): 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
redcliff:
The only challenge facing nigerian bloggers is that they lack creativity and they fail to understand that blogging is not fir every tom dick and harry. you would see someone making very silly writing mistakes and grammatical errors and call themselves bloggers. A very good example is the[b] compiser [/b]of this post. Imagine. Some graduate rather than some graduates...smh
are u different? see COMPISER

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
thecreativeguy:

Will you celebrate creativity?

Hell yea!!!. Will love to see blogs on Video Games , Animation , Nigerian Culture.

There are too many entertainment blogs in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by DJBIGGY(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:

Hell yea!!!. Will love to see blogs on Video Games , Animation , Nigerian Culture.

Video Games? Seriously? undecided ... Gat a couple of white friends who advised me against running such if you do not have free wifi to upload stuffs... supposing you wanna write a review of a game and encourage people to download on your site, how many HD games will you be able to put up? think about the data consumption as well.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by thecreativeguy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:

Let me see if you actually mean it.

Can you mention creative Nigerian blogs you know (I will prefer five)?
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalkshere: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
The major challenges facing Nigeria bloggers is the believe that these aforementioned challenges are barriers. When I started 8 years back, I was living in Brooklyn and my best friend was named "broke" but these challenges existed, the difference is I did not see them as barriers. They are mere challenges and I had/have a saying, "challenges are the breakfast of champions"

When I started, things were worst than they are now. I worked in cyber cafes. Most Nigerians don't want to suffer a little to gain much. I was working in cyber cafes in a period when EFCC was after yahoo boys. Got embarrassed many times but I am so proud about those period now.

Another big challenge is most don't want to learn but want to make money. I know one very popular internet marketer in Nigeria, he was teaching people how to make money online, teaching what he does not know, he is begging for money now. I won't mention his name here but it shows exactly whats wrong with our so called bloggers/IMers. Many teach how to make money online when they themselves have not been making money online.

People do not want to take their time to learn and they see barriers/problems in everything.

I started with site flipping, I had a transaction of 3999 dollar and there was no way I could use paypal but with a bit of research, I knew I could use escrow.com and it was safer, yes escrow.com wasn't accepting Nigerians ( I don't know about now ) but what does it take me to cross to Benin Republic and get my money? Think outside the box.

Another major problem is people are scared to speak to those who know more than them. AkinAlabi ( If you are reading this, I will remain nameless on nairaland) my oga knows how much I disturbed him back then, I just don't keep quite, because I don't know how to.

Most of the challenges we claim exist are self created. Yes, we have power supply issues, that one is a fact, work from a cafe, the internet is slow, oh well, nothing can be done about it, leave with it.

Social stigma? Hide your identity then reveal it later.

For me, these challengers were even tougher for me, starcomms was beyond my reach and it was the only internet provider thats reliable plus I HAD a bad leg which means I can't seat on a spot for too long but all these didn't stop me.

Go to forums, read from others, focus on a particular area. Do you want to blog? Blog on a particular subject not 5-9 subjects like many do. I was just advising a little boy who came to me seeking advise. Boy is very good and has been useful to him, unfortunately he wants to do too many things at once. It just won't work.

Pick a subject, blog on it till you succeed.

Broken into two parts due to the spam bot.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by DJBIGGY(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
[quote author=Smartresult post=36072581]

source :http://sasuwa..com/2015/07/challenges-facing-nigerian-bloggers.html[/how uneasy it is to build audience... Nigerians by default are very comfortable patronizing already popular bloggers out there... name them; LIB, BELLANAIJA, NAIJAPALS etc and if they notice you are their replica, why in God's name would i waste my data on you... So it is imperative bloggers should be creative whenever they write... after all if you read online on any tips of blogging, the first thing you would be told is uniqueness and creativity.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Orikinla(m): 3:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
Smartresult:

source :http://sasuwa..com/2015/07/challenges-facing-nigerian-bloggers.html
In spite of the challenges bloggers face in Nigeria, the most powerful and successful Nigerian bloggers live and work in Nigeria.
Next year will make it 10 years I have been blogging and I thank God for the social media platform, because blogging has made it possible for me to make money from writing. And opened new doors locally and globally for me and those I have helped to motivate.
Many people don't know that Linda Ikeji spent weeks coming to my office for tips and got her Nokia patronage just from one phone call through my Nokia cell phone. I have brought many big brands to Nigeria through my blogs, Project Happiness, IMAX, Girl Rising and others. I am now signed on as a professional blogger for JSP Communications Limited, the first Nigerian PR communications company to have an office in North America. And from blogging, I now have three active companies and founded two international film festivals and the third international film festival will launch soon on Victoria Island, Lagos. And I have won a major award for the top publishers in Nigeria.
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/
https://www.pinterest.com/source/totnaija..com/
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by UjSizzle(f): 3:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Na that Paypal worst pass
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by abescom: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
It is a shame that I had to be banned for making a genuine. Seun, you need to work on your anti spam bot or tell us webmasters how to by pass it.

Continuation of my post above....

I know article mar.keting, I have well over 1k articles on ezine.articles and I am top 10 ( or I used to be as I haven't checked lately ) in Nigeria, I know SEO in and out, it is one of the things that helped me in my site flipping journey, I know forum marketing, I know quite a lot but I don't do them, I blog about FOO.TBALL. A narrow niche and it has been my area of focus. You can't/shouldn't bite too much than you can chew. You will achieve nothing.

You can't succeed being an internet marketing teacher when you know jack, you can't blog on pol.itics, cele.brities, music, movie, te.chnology, games and the likes and succeed. FOCUS ON ONE AREA. You know that saying is still true, jack of all trade, a master of none.

Another thing is learn how to conduct proper researches. Keyword research and market research as a whole is very important. I remember back then, I started with a weight loss site, I was wasting my time. I published so many articles ( articles that I wrote using my research culture ) but make nothing. I only made 97 USD in 1 year but when I was advised by a warrior.forum member by the name Jason Perreira ( not his real name ) who was just 14 at the time ( someone I am way way older than ) to learn key word researches, it all changed. I was able to move into a niche that is not so competitive and profitable.

Nigerians need to finally stop copying Linda Ikeji. To me, that lady is overrated, she is lucky to have started out when the market was not this way, she is not struggling because her blog is already established. She went to LBIS let's not forget, you simply should try to copy here, be your own self.

It saddens me that only few Nigerians and I can say I know 90% of them ( cos I am always trying to buy up football blogs ) are in the football niche when an average Nigerian youth is a football analyst.

Entertain.ment may be lucrative but it is saturated. STOP BEING SO MYOPIC, think out of the box.

I better go now, talking too much already but this is a subject I am passionate about.

Before I go - if you are new, and you have some money to spend, don't start a blog, buy up a blog. This little advise, if I knew it back then, I would not have struggled for one complete year.

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by kalaiyo5(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
charix:
I think we Nigerians should set up competitions where alternative means of power generation become the focus. We're long past the era of waiting on the government to provide us electricity. The nation is not growing depending on four thousand plus megawatts of electricity only.
My friend gan buy I pass my neighbor... c ur mouth like alternative energy.. lol... u too funny

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
thecreativeguy:

Let me see if you actually mean it.

Can you mention creative Nigerian blogs you know (I will prefer five)?

Misstechy .com

Thenakedconvos.com

Sisiyemmie.com

Lagosconvo.com

Naijasinglegirl.com

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
abescom:
It is a shame that I had to be banned for making a genuine. Seun, you need to work on your anti spam bot or tell us webmasters how to by pass it.

Continuation of my post above....

Hi. Pls which tool do you use for keyword research? I've tried google keyword planner but i wasn't impressed with it.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by RobinHez(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:

Misstechy .com

Thenakedconvos.com

Sisiyemmie.com

Lagosconvo.com

Naijasinglegirl.com
Add this to ur list plsssss

http://edscienceblog..com @thecreativeguy

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by 360crest(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Well what can I say ? , in life some give silly exusess for there failure , and to me its your problem nt mine.

But on thing remains certain, not evey one wuld sucedded some wuld keep giving excuses while some succeed , yea , so some leave to tell the story.

The problem You are facing is not an inche closer to mine, let every one put there fears in there pocket, telling others wnt help solve the problem.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by am0sn0nyu: 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:
Lol. A large percentage of these "Bloggers" Don't even know what blogging is all about. Most of them see it as only a money making avenue.

Some can't even write one full sentence without making grammatical blunders. That's why they result to copy and paste.

Blogging in Nigeria is becoming a BIG JOKE!. Lack of creativity is killing us. Entertainment blogs everywhere
preach93:
lack of good writing skills i.e most like copy and paste
amosnonyu..com = originality but little visitors much less of real supporting and encouragement.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by abescom: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Mrkelv:

Hi. Pls which tool do you use for keyword research? I've tried google keyword planner but i wasn't impressed with it.
I have not that those stuffs for a long while now. I hate posting using this account. My real username is arsetalks but the stupid anti spam banned me for making a useful post.

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
abescom:
I have not that those stuffs for a long while now. I hate posting using this account. My real username is arsetalks but the stupid anti spam banned me for making a useful post.

Oh. Okay
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by jona4real92(m): 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2015
yep dats right dis 4 tins are the main challenges, cos am also a blogger... here is my blog url www.aysugar..com
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Berrypie(f): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
One thing in blogging is carving the right niche for yourself. Entertainment blogging is saturated but most people don't want to know that.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Rubyventures: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
What about Nigerian You tubers, they complain that they do not get a lot of Nigerian subscribers. The problem is also most Nigerians don't even bother to watch at the videos, talkless of liking it or subscribing.

Take a look at other countries, even when they download rubbish videos on youtube, they still manage to get load of subscribers, likes and comments.
We are not used to supporting our own. It wouldn't even cost them anything. It is time we start supporting our own by simply subscribing, liking videos and watching them.

Just remember when your brother or neighbour is doing well,l one way or the other that success will benefit you. be your brother's keeper make your country prosperous.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by moneytreeteam: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ability to adapt and make success out of the challenge makes intelligence.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Ehimenboy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2015
charix:
I think we Nigerians should set up competitions where alternative means of power generation become the focus. We're long past the era of waiting on the government to provide us electricity. The nation is not growing depending on four thousand plus megawatts of electricity only.
I've been thinking of this too. Later on, my pace slowed because some have alloted the problem of alternative energy in Nigeria to lack of MASS funding.
Really, what else do you think 'bout it?
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by Rubyventures: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
A fellow Nigerian youtuber Please view, like and subscribe, it doesn't cost anything apart from 5 mins of your time. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuP6lnZfQYA&sns=em
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by DJBIGGY(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
am0sn0nyu:

amosnonyu..com = originality but little visitors much less of real supporting and encouragement.

That is the biggest task in blogging... you just have to devise ways of making em interested.
Re: Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers by FincoApps(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Exactly the OP's point
DJBIGGY:

Video Games? Seriously? undecided ... Gat a couple of white friends who advised me against running such if you do not have free wifi to upload stuffs... supposing you wanna write a review of a game and encourage people to download on your site, how many HD games will you be able to put up? think about the data consumption as well.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Regain Its No. 1 Spot Beats VanguardNGR.com / Fg Moves To Block Internet Streaming / How Do I Get My Google Adsense Pin From Nigerian Post Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.