Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X (12597 Views)

10 Crazily Expensive Cars Left Abandoned By Their Owners (photos) / 11 Things FRSC Wants Vehicle Owners To Carry / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 18, 2016
Good day guys nice to be here.I drive the 2010 advance package mdx.I must tell you i am enjoying the ride,though a bit thirsty on the fuel side.my problem now is my front suspension.its gone and the noise no be here.tried getting online and its about 1500 dollars with shipping and all will amout to a mill naira.Can i get a good toks in Nija and for how much.Will welcome an early response

thanks
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 11:49am On Oct 18, 2016
If you mean shocks be it sensor or ordinary call kelechi to source for you at Ladipo 08035966272 or 09024942045. Got mine from him. Still working.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
O
nija80:
Good day guys nice to be here.I drive the 2010 advance package mdx.I must tell you i am enjoying the ride,though a bit thirsty on the fuel side.my problem now is my front suspension.its gone and the noise no be here.tried getting online and its about 1500 dollars with shipping and all will amout to a mill naira.Can i get a good toks in Nija and for how much.Will welcome an early response

thanks
damn, U got an Advance with the adaptive suspension. Have you considered switching to coilovers?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 19, 2016
platinumricky:
O damn, U got an Advance with the adaptive suspension. Have you considered switching to coilovers?
can you please enlighten me more.what is coilovers and how effective.what effect will it have on the brain box

thanks
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by kingreign(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2016
nija80:

can you please enlighten me more.what is coilovers and how effective.what effect will it have on the brain box

thanks
Spring suspensions are coilovers.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 19, 2016
kingreign:

Spring suspensions are coilovers.
ok.sorry for my ignorance.dont know what effect it will have on the car.dont want anyting to cause problem for the ride
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
The Active Dampers (ADS) also come with Springs, but the strut features an electromagnetic function to switch between Sports (firm) and Comfort (smooth) modes.

The alternative is to switch from ADS to non ADS (which i did on my 07 Sports with Tech/Entertainment, which became the Advance pKG in 2010. My front right side blew. The non ADS shocks (which is used by the other MDX trims, works perfectly fine, except for the check ADS light which will show up on your Multi Information Display (MID) screen.

The toks ADS at Oyingbo or Ladipo will cost you N280-350k approx (last time i checked). with high $$$ rates, this may have gone up. with that price, you can have all four units of non ADS.

keep up updated on your find
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Meanwhile, you are not alone bro. Below extracted from Mdxers.org forum. Lots of post on the subject

Old 11-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Opus

It has been a month since I successfully had my rear ADS shocks replaced with regular and no warning light so far and as "vtec260" suggested, I've put more tape to seal off the resistors to make it as waterproof as possible.
Today, I had my fronts ADS struts replaced by my mechanic with regular ones (full OEM struts assembly). I used 1 Ohm 10 Watt resistors for both fronts. No warning lights even when switching between Comfort and Sport. The only thing is that somehow I lost the wheel alignment so I have to do the alignment soon. Overall, I am happy with the result and driving is much better. Thanks guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151109_115222.jpg (2.27 MB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg 20151109_143239.jpg (2.64 MB, 354 views)
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2016
Hi guys,

Still on Shocks matters. I was at Oyingbo yesterday for Oil change and routine checks (B service) and decided to window shop. I saw the KYB Gas charged Excel-G shocks and the vendor said N100k for fronts and N60k for rear. I asked for the ADS (for the sports or Advance pkg) and he said most of them don't stock it as it's about N800k for the fronts. I still have my ADS in my store (only one is bad. The other is good) and will hand them to a new buyer in the event I'm selling the MDX in the future. Pics of my ADS below

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by eginaP: 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2016
Hello Team,

Please I need your urgent help.

My 2001 MDX is culping petrol at a criminal rate, a scan after the check engine light came up says that the 02 sensor is bad. Could this be the reason for this unpatriotic fuel consumption.

Secondly, the car jerks/viberates when am about to accelerate, like the old 504 with bad plugs, what could be the cause?

Please guys there is a very important reason to move this car from Lagos to PH on Monday, I don't want to be taken unawares on the road.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 03, 2016
? Oxygen sensor failure could be a possible culprit. I hope ur catalytic converter hasn't gone bad yet. At what speed do you feel this vibration? If it starts suddenly upon acceleration from rest, it could be bad engine or gear mounts.. If the vibration only comes when u are between 40-60 kph..it could be the dreaded gradual failure of the torque converter, which means u will either have to do a transmission rebuild or replacement (01-02 MDXs are notorious for Gearbox issues).
eginaP:
Hello Team,

Please I need your urgent help.

My 2001 MDX is culping petrol at a criminal rate, a scan after the check engine light came up says that the 02 sensor is bad. Could this be the reason for this unpatriotic fuel consumption.

Secondly, the car jerks/viberates when am about to accelerate, like the old 504 with bad plugs, what could be the cause
Please guys there is a very important reason to move this car from Lagos to PH on Monday, I don't want to be taken unawares on the road.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2016
HOTARIO:
Hi guys,

Still on Shocks matters. I was at Oyingbo yesterday for Oil change and routine checks (B service) and decided to window shop. I saw the KYB Gas charged Excel-G shocks and the vendor said N100k for fronts and N60k for rear. I asked for the ADS (for the sports or Advance pkg) and he said most of them don't stock it as it's about N800k for the fronts. I still have my ADS in my store (only one is bad. The other is good) and will hand them to a new buyer in the event I'm selling the MDX in the future. Pics of my ADS below

o boy.thats criminal Toks ADS for 800k.will have to change to the non ADS Just that i dont want any warning sign on my display but the money is too much.Has anyone tried the 1k ohms resistor thing and did it work?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 2:37pm On Nov 13, 2016
Trully when you consider the price of the ADS the warning light will not bother you. I plan to order the resistor soon and see if it takes out the light.

1 Like

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by eginaP: 9:01am On Nov 21, 2016
platinumricky:
? Oxygen sensor failure could be a possible culprit. I hope ur catalytic converter hasn't gone bad yet. At what speed do you feel this vibration? If it starts suddenly upon acceleration from rest, it could be bad engine or gear mounts.. If the vibration only comes when u are between 40-60 kph..it could be the dreaded gradual failure of the torque converter, which means u will either have to do a transmission rebuild or replacement (01-02 MDXs are notorious for Gearbox issues).

Bro you, you are right about this transmittion thing. At this point, I noticed that sometimes if you put the car in drive, it wont engage. The car will just be there, but if u move it to 1, 2 and back to D5, it will engage and move.

Secondly, if u park the car in an elevated platform, removing it from park to reverse or drive becomes hard, and when u force it, it switches with a big plung sound.

Please advise, is this an easily fixable problem. Or am I in for a big one. What do I do?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2016
eginaP:

Bro you, you are right about this transmittion thing. At this point, I noticed that sometimes if you put the car in drive, it wont engage. The car will just be there, but if u move it to 1, 2 and back to D5, it will engage and move.

Secondly, if u park the car in an elevated platform, removing it from park to reverse or drive becomes hard, and when u force it, it switches with a big plung sound.

Please advise, is this an easily fixable problem. Or am I in for a big one. What do I do?
it sounds like ur Gearbox is dying already, i wonder if Gazzuz can be of assistance here. I don't know if ur stiff gear selector has something to do with the shiftlock feature... Just speculating though.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by eginaP: 9:11am On Nov 22, 2016
platinumricky:
it sounds like ur Gearbox is dying already, i wonder if Gazzuz can be of assistance here. I don't know if ur stiff gear selector has something to do with the shiftlock feature... Just speculating though.

Thanks man,

@GAZZUZZ please your help is highly needed here.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2016
eginaP:

bad driving habit, learn to rest vehicle on parking brakes first before shifting into park position

2 Likes

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
eginaP:

Bro you, you are right about this transmittion thing. At this point, I noticed that sometimes if you put the car in drive, it wont engage. The car will just be there, but if u move it to 1, 2 and back to D5, it will engage and move

scan and post codes
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by eginaP: 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

bad driving habit, learn to rest vehicle on parking brakes first before shifting into park position

Thanks Boss,

I just learnt a new lesson about parking.

How about the other aspect where the car does not move when put on drive, until I alternate between D4, D3, 2, 1 and back to D5 before it moves.

it also Jerks slightly when moving from idle.

Please I really need help.

Meanwhile do you stay in Lagos, I will like to bring the car for you to evaluate and advice, that is if it is not inconveniencing
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
eginaP:

Thanks Boss,

I just learnt a new lesson about parking.

How about the other aspect where the car does not move when put on drive, until I alternate between D4, D3, 2, 1 and back to D5 before it moves.

it also Jerks slightly when moving from idle.

Please I really need help.

Meanwhile do you stay in Lagos, I will like to bring the car for you to evaluate and advice, that is if it is not inconveniencing

GAZZUZZ:

scan and post codes
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
Hello guys, looks like we are all balling with our MDXs. Anyone wants to share any ideas or DIYs done lately?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 9:24am On Dec 24, 2016
Hello Guys,

This is not an ad per se but just want to know who needs driver side ADS for 07-09. Hook me up on 08063366949 for a great deal

Happy holidays
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
How much is it?
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ralphbayour: 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2016
I need the service manual for my acura mdx 2004, my email is bralph70@yahoo.com, anyone in the house please help.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by benbertie: 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
URGENT REQUESTS -

1. A company urgently needs 2 cars for hire purchase. They want 2012 Cars upwards. Clean Nigerian Used or Clean Tokunbo.

2. Another Client wants a 2010 clean Nigerian used car for monthly rental at #100K per month.

Contact me for Enquiries:
+2348187290817
Email - sales@auctionbasic.com
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2016
ichakaobos:
How much is it?

N100,000 asking. As stated earlier driver side.

Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nawa for this group o.I finally changed my 2010 Absorber and i was able to choke it with 1.5k ohms resistor.The thin work like magic.The ads alarm did not come on.just that once a while when it disconnect from the socket i need to re-do it again
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by ichakaobos(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
Bros thank you. U do well, the next thing is for you to show us how to go about it. Personally the car gives migraine. Especially the sports package. But smooth when you no issues.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2017
nija80:
Nawa for this group o.I finally changed my 2010 Absorber and i was able to choke it with 1.5k ohms resistor.The thin work like magic.The ads alarm did not come on.just that once a while when it disconnect from the socket i need to re-do it again

Hi Nija80, what brand of shocks did you change to? KYBs? Can you share cost for benefit of other forum members. Also did you buy the resistors here or you shipped them in yourself. Kindly share.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by eginaP: 1:06pm On May 05, 2017
Experts in the house, thanks for being there for us novices.

Please I noticed that my car is leaking engine oils, I contacted my mechanic who said the "Oils Seal' is the problem. And he is talking about bringing down the engine and so on.

Am scared and will like to know how complicated this can get. Is it something I can just dabble into with no issues after that. By the way, the oil leak is not so much, I only need to top oils once a week.

Could this be what causes the Small vibration i notice whenever I want to accelerate, like a 504 being moved on gear 3.
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by HOTARIO(m): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2017
eginaP:
Experts in the house, thanks for being there for us novices.

Please I noticed that my car is leaking engine oils, I contacted my mechanic who said the "Oils Seal' is the problem. And he is talking about bringing down the engine and so on.

Am scared and will like to know how complicated this can get. Is it something I can just dabble into with no issues after that. By the way, the oil leak is not so much, I only need to top oils once a week.

Could this be what causes the Small vibration i notice whenever I want to accelerate, like a 504 being moved on gear 3.

It will be good to always share car details like year/spec etc eg. 08/ MDX sports. Meanwhile, with respect to Oil seal issues i think it always requires a drop down becasue that seem to be the only way to clear the path for access to the broken seal. But lets get more advice from the Techs like Gazzus and others
Re: Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X by walkbylight(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2020
plz is there a whatsapp group about it?
I want to join.
HOTARIO:
Hello peeps, this is to create a hub for Acura MDX owners, technicians, parts sellers, DIYers, or just lovers, fans and would be owners of the Acura MDX to share ideas, experiences, DIY projects, technicians and mechanic recommendations, good parts sources, aftermarket installations etc

This will help us X common members to find quality resource when needed. I don't know if a similar community exists prior to this. If it does, the moderators can consolidate and bring it alive so we have just one meet up zone.

Welcome on board all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NIO Launches ES8 All-Electric SUV That Cost Half The Price Of Tesla's Model X / 17 First Aid Items Drivers Should Have In Their Cars - FRSC / Mazda Mpv Vs Toyota Sienna For Transportation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.