Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins (8916 Views)

How Could Paul CURSE YAHSHUA- And No Christian NOTICED? / Prophet T.B. Joshua As A Parable For MMM – By Abimbola Adelakun / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
What do we mean by Christian? It means a Believer in Jesus Christ.......

I have to post this here cos so many Christians have been hearing the old doctrine that many Christians will be left behind on the day of Rapture. I doubt that any Believer will miss the Rapture. Cos it is written that once u accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you are Saved and you can never loose your salvation... Several scriptures have shown us the promises of our Eternal Life.The Lord Jesus can never be crucified on the cross twice. Many have misunderstood the gospel of Grace..... The gospel of grace about ETERNAL SECURITY is not a licence to sin though, its about taking up the finished work of Christ & His Righteousness.

Read dis interpretation of the parable of the 10 Virgins ....

The Ten Virgins were actually the Church and all of them were saved. But the 5 wise virgins were the Christians that did works while on earth and the 5 foolish Virgins were the Christians that didn't do any work while on earth but they received Christ & believe in Him. This shows you that Your Salvation in Christ is by Faith in Christ Jesus not by your works. But your works will give you Reward on the Last day when Jesus judges the Christians. Those that their works didn't stand the test of fire will lose it but they are SAVED oo.

So the 5 foolish Virgins that were looked out of the Wedding feast were saved and they weren't locked out to outer darkness or Hell fire as many Nigerian Pastors and Christians believe but it means that they didn't get any reward from Christ but they are still saved and have eternal life and will still partake of the inheritance of the Saints as Christ promised, although they didn't have any reward......

So please Christians, accept the finished works of Christ on the Cross and dont think your Salvation is by your own works..... It is never by your own Works cos Salvation is the gift of God to mankind. its only left for us to accept it. But after becoming a Christian, it is encouraged that you live a Holy life to manifest the fruits of your Salvation.
Please to the unbelievers, accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour!!!!!
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
undecided
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by mrZENographer: 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
Some verses to refute ur claims.

Quotes to believers.
"Follow peace with all men and holiness which without no eyes shall see God". Hebrews 12:14

" many will say to Me , ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name , drive out demons in your name..... Then I will announce to them , ‘I never knew you ! Depart from Me , you lawbreakers" matt 7:22

"narrow is the way to heaven and few there be that find it.

"Be not deceived for because of this cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. colossians 3:6

"if your eyes cause u to sin, cut it off. it is better for u to enter with one eye than having to eye to go into hell, where their worm dieth not. Matthew 18:9.

"In the latter time many shall give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. 1Timothy 3:1

"When d son of man cometh shall he find faith upon the earth"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Lilyomi(f): 5:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
Let da scholars argue! I declare da debate open! grin. Op in Revelation he wanted some ppl to go for their first love o. I think da spirit was minimal then. Or?

1 Like

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
mrZENographer:
"Follow peace with all men and holiness which without no eyes shall see God". Hebrews 12:14
" many will say to Me , ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name , drive out demons in your name..... Then I will announce to them , ‘I never knew you ! Depart from Me , you lawbreakers" matt 7:22
"Be not deceived for because of this cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. colossians 3:6
"if your eyes cause u to sin, cut it off. it is better for u to enter with one eye than having to eye to go into hell, where the dietn not. Matthew 18:9.
"In the latter time many shall give heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils. 1Timothy 3:1
All these verses you quoted are not actually talking to us the Gentiles but the Jews at that time. I have soo many things to add but there's no time. With the LAW, no man can please God cos the Law was made to be broken. God gave the Jews LAW to prove to them that they need a saviour JESUS, cos there's. no way any human being can keep the law 100%. Datz why he sent JESUS to die on the Cross for our REDEMPTION dat whoever believe in HIM shall be SAVED and have ETERNAL LIFE. The death of JESUS on the Cross is more significant than the sin of Adam in the garden of Eden. THE LAW was abolished by the Death of Jesus on the Cross. He now brought us the message of GRACE, which through our BELIEVE in HIM we are saved. No amount of ur works is enough for God cos our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God. So by Jesus death and we believing in Christ, we are redeemed of all unrighteousness. The blood of Jesus covers us and made us as white as snow and God sees us through our Spirit being which is saved not our physical body. But its a pity dat today's Pastors believes in mixing Grace preaching with the Law. Thank God dat God is now using GRACE preachers to teach us of HIS unconditional Love towards us and the significance of the death of Jesus on the Cross!!!
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 5:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Lilyomi:
Let da scholars argue! I declare da debate open! grin. Op in Revelation he wanted some ppl to go for their first love o. I think da spirit was minimal then. Or?
Watch dis Pastor Joseph Prince video about the full assurance of your salvation... God is using that man to reveal so many things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RnGi35DQw&fulldescription=1&gl=NG&hl=en&client=mv-google
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
mrZENographer:
Quotes to believers.
"if your eyes cause u to sin, cut it off. it is better for u to enter with one eye than having to eye to go into hell, where their worm dieth not. Matthew 18:9.
"When d son of man cometh shall he find faith upon the earth"?

Watch dis Pastor Joseph Prince video on his teachings about Rapture with Bible quotations... dis is Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MES5ZDn4RIk&fulldescription=1&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
Pastor Joseph Prince teaching on Rapture and Endtime Part 3. Thank God for using the Holy Spirit to reveal to this man the true nature of Jesus and also correct soo many heresies about the Rapture and Endtime. Watch dis videos and see ur lives transformed!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7sH87svAzY&fulldescription=1&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Op, you talked about 'once saved always saved'. My questions on this are:
1. What about those that were once saved i.e believed in Jesus but did not hold on to the end, such as Judas Iscariot, Dermas, Ananias and Sapphira and so on? Does it apply to them also?
2. If one has been saved and yet lives in sexual immorality, which is a sin, and dies in such lifestyle, will such a person go to heaven?
3. Why did Jesus say this in Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, No one, having put his hand in the plow, and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God?
4. Was Jesus not talking to believers here in Mark 13?
35. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming- in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning-
36 lest, coming suddenly, he finds you sleeping.
37. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch.
5. Was Jesus serious when he said in Mt.18 from vs.6 that one should cut off the hand or foot or pluck out the eye that causes one to sin. If not the person will end up in hellfire?
FAITH (giving one's life to Christ) without WORKS (living a righteous life) is DEAD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
Op, you seem to amaze me!

Know that the story about the ten virgins was a parable and never happened. The lesson why this story was told by Jesus is seen in Mt.25:13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day, nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. Jesus was addressing both those that believed in Him, then, and those that will still believe (whether Jews or Gentiles), of the importance of being watchful over their lives.

In the parable, the five foolish ones never entered for the marriage feast (heaven). Note also that the ten virgins were brides of the bridegroom. Jesus is our bridegroom while those that have believed in Him are His bride. Not everyone who says he has believed in Jesus will enter heaven. It is only those who live their lives according to how God has commanded, through the scriptures, that will get into heaven. The rest that are careless over their lives, though they have given their lives to Jesus, will not enter heaven.

All the ten virgins had oil in their lamps. The five virgins had extra oil unlike the five foolish ones. The five wise virgins were ever watchful, sober and careful in all they did, even though the bridegroom was late. Their watchfulness and readiness at all times paid them at last. The five foolish ones were prepared on a short term basis. They were not watchful and ever-ready. That was why it took them unawares and they missed the feast.

Those that will be raptured are to be with Christ in heaven. And we know that nobody who lives in sin (whether believer or not) will be taken. This is b/c anything that is unclean will never possess the kingdom of heaven.

Lesson: As christians, we should be watchful over our lives, sober and ever-ready for the coming of our Bridegroom (Jesus). If not such a christian will miss out when He comes to take His people away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
Op, you talked about 'once saved always saved'. My questions on this are:
1. What about those that were once saved i.e believed in Jesus but did not hold on to the end, such as Judas Iscariot, Dermas, Ananias and Sapphira and so on? Does it apply to them also?
2. If one has been saved and yet lives in sexual immorality, which is a sin, and dies in such lifestyle, will such a person go to heaven?
3. Why did Jesus say this in Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, No one, having put his hand in the plow, and looking back is fit for the kingdom of God?
4. Was Jesus not talking to believers here in Mark 13?
35. Watch therefore, for you do not know when the master of the house is coming- in the evening, at midnight, at the crowing of the rooster, or in the morning-
36 lest, coming suddenly, he finds you sleeping.
37. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch.
5. Was Jesus serious when he said in Mt.18 from vs.6 that one should cut off the hand or foot or pluck out the eye that causes one to sin. If not the person will end up in hellfire?
FAITH (giving one's life to Christ) without WORKS (living a righteous life) is DEAD.
All these happened before the death of Christ. Jesus had not died then. The message of GRACE started after the death of Christ. Mind you, the message of Grace does not encourage people to sin, instead it encourages us to live a Holy life in Christ cos Jesus conquered death and sin on the cross of Calvary. The death of Christ changed so many things in dis world and there was a great jubilation in heaven the day Christ was raised from the dead. We are the New Creation. Most of those sermons in the Bible were taught before the death of Christ and He was talking to the Jews not us the Gentile Church!!!!
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2015
jiggaz:
All these happened before the death of Christ. Jesus had not died then. The message of GRACE started after the death of Christ. Mind you, the message of Grace does not encourage people to sin, instead it encourages us to live a Holy life in Christ cos Jesus conquered death and sin on the cross of Calvary. The death of Christ changed so many things in dis world and there was a great jubilation in heaven the day Christ was raised from the dead. We are the New Creation. Most of those sermons in the Bible were taught before the death of Christ and He was talking to the Jews not us the Gentile Church!!!!
Think on these questions.

1. Even those of Dermas and Ananias and Sapphira did not happen after Jesus died and resurrected?
2. Did Judas Iscariot continue with Christ to the end?
3. So the words Jesus spoke by Himself concerning one taking away what causes one to sin so as not to land in hellfire not relevant to christians today?
4. Who will Jesus answer 'I never knew you on the last day?'
5. So a christian who has put his hand on the plow (believed in Jesus) and looks back (still lives in sin) will get into heaven when he dies?
Answer this one.
6. Will one who has been saved, yet engages and dies in the practice of sexual immorality or any other sin going to make heaven?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Think on these questions.
1. Even those of Dermas and Ananias and Sapphira did not happen after Jesus died and resurrected?
2. Did Judas Iscariot continue with Christ to the end?
3. So the words Jesus spoke by Himself concerning one taking away what causes one to sin so as not to land in hellfire not relevant to christians today?
4. Who will Jesus answer 'I never knew you on the last day?'
5. So a christian who has put his hand on the plow (believed in Jesus) and looks back (still lives in sin) will get into heaven when he dies?
Answer this one.
6. Will one who has been saved, yet engages and dies in the practice of sexual immorality or any other sin going to make heaven?
At the death of Christ on the Cross, Jesus took away our past, present and future sins!!! Unbelievable right? You wont believe it cos our Pastors have been preaching mixed messages, mixing the message of Grace with the Law. The blood of Jesus covers a Believer at all times. And God sees your Born again Spirit, not ur physical body.We are not perfect here on earth until the day of Rapture. When a person gives his life to Christ, the Holy Spirit seals the person's Spirit which is now Perfect until the day of Rapture. So once saved, no amount of sin can penetrate the Spirit. Mind u, the message of Grace doesn't encourage sin, instead it encourage us to see the love of God for us by giving his only son to die for us and also to live a Christ like life. But mind u also, so far u are in dis physical world, u will come short of the glory of God cos we are not perfect. But that doesn't stop ur Spirit man from being perfect since u ve accepted Christ and when the person dies, he will go to heaven. And yes, God doesn't look at our physical body and shortcomings cos our sins have being taken care of on the cross. No amount of our WORKS and RIGHTEOUSNESS will be enough for God cos we are like filthy rags before Him. That's why the death of Christ is so significant than the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden. We are saved not by WORKS but we are saved by our FAITH in Christ Jesus. Through Him, we are made righteous, not by our power, might or works. So dat all Glory returns to God Almighty alone!!!!
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
jiggaz:
At the death of Christ on the Cross, Jesus took away our past, present and future sins!!! Unbelievable right? You wont believe it cos our Pastors have been preaching mixed messages, mixing the message of Grace with the Law. The blood of Jesus covers a Believer at all times. And God sees your Born again Spirit, not ur physical body.We are not perfect here on earth until the day of Rapture. When a person gives his life to Christ, the Holy Spirit seals the person's Spirit which is now Perfect until the day of Rapture. So once saved, no amount of sin can penetrate the Spirit. Mind u, the message of Grace doesn't encourage sin, instead it encourage us to see the love of God for us by giving his only son to die for us and also to live a Christ like life. But mind u also, so far u are in dis physical world, u will come short of the glory of God cos we are not perfect. But that doesn't stop ur Spirit man from being perfect since u ve accepted Christ and when the person dies, he will go to heaven. And yes, God doesn't look at our physical body and shortcomings cos our sins have being taken care of on the cross. No amount of our WORKS and RIGHTEOUSNESS will be enough for God cos we are like filthy rags before Him. That's why the death of Christ is so significant than the fall of mankind in the Garden of Eden. We are saved not by WORKS but we are saved by our FAITH in Christ Jesus. Through Him, we are made righteous, not by our power, might or works. So dat all Glory returns to God Almighty alone!!!!
1. So christians can engage in sin, being that their spirits have been eternally saved?
2. Do you remeber the passage that says grieve not the Holy Spirit in you?
3. How do we grieve the Holy Spirit if not through sin and disobedience to Him?
4. Do you also remember where Paul says that nothing unrighteous (unclean) will possess the kindom of heaven?
5. So Jesus was joking when he told us to remove that which causes us to sin or end up in hellfire?
6. Have you ever come across in the bible where there is no longer any sacrifice for those who once believed and did not continue to the end?

From all your points, I deduce that christians should continue living in sin b/c works no more count during judgement, right?
Do you remember the passage in 1 John 3 which says that he who sins (continue to live in sin) is of the devil?
Bro. this teaching of 'once saved ever saved' is from the pit of hell.

2 Likes

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by An2elect2(f): 10:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
Joseph prince messages on grace are only good for beginners who are starting to get the message of the cross. However, the more you grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth, the more critical you become of his sermons...and God helping you, you will see "subtle heresies" in them.

But this "Once saved always saved" is shockingly true. The truth is mind blowing when you SEE it. Not many have eyes to see.
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
An2elect2:
Joseph prince messages on grace are only good for beginners who are starting to get the message of the cross. However, the more you grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth, the more critical you become of his sermons...and God helping you, you will see "subtle heresies" in them.

But this "Once saved always saved" is shockingly true. The truth is mind blowing when you SEE it. Not many have eyes to see.
1. My dear, are you saying that christians can live in sin b/c they have been eternally saved?
2. Shall we continue in sin (after we have believed) that grace will abound? Read what grace has come to do in Titus 2:11.
3. Will Jesus not reward everyone according to his/her works during judgement? Those who have lived godly will enter the kingdom of God, while those that continue to live in sin will go to hellfire.
4. Why will God punish those who sin if the way christians live does not matter again, b/c they have been saved eternally?
5. Why would Jesus say that he that continued to the end would be saved? What happens to those that do not hold on till the end?
6. Do you also want me to believe that a christian who dies when engaging in sin will go to heaven?
7. Why did Jesus warn the seven churches in the book of revelation if their works would not be used in judging them?

If the death of Christ is only to save souls without giving them the power to live righteously on earth, then such salvation is not complete.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by mrZENographer: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2015
jiggaz:
All these verses you quoted are not actually talking to us the Gentiles but the Jews at that time. I have soo many things to add but there's no time. With the LAW, no man can please God cos the Law was made to be broken. God gave the Jews LAW to prove to them that they need a saviour JESUS, cos there's. no way any human being can keep the law 100%. Datz why he sent JESUS to die on the Cross for our REDEMPTION dat whoever believe in HIM shall be SAVED and have ETERNAL LIFE. The death of JESUS on the Cross is more significant than the sin of Adam in the garden of Eden. THE LAW was abolished by the Death of Jesus on the Cross. He now brought us the message of GRACE, which through our BELIEVE in HIM we are saved. No amount of ur works is enough for God cos our righteousness is like a filthy rag before God. So by Jesus death and we believing in Christ, we are redeemed of all unrighteousness. The blood of Jesus covers us and made us as white as snow and God sees us through our Spirit being which is saved not our physical body. But its a pity dat today's Pastors believes in mixing Grace preaching with the Law. Thank God dat God is now using GRACE preachers to teach us of HIS unconditional Love towards us and the significance of the death of Jesus on the Cross!!!

Hear this

"Seeing it is one God which shall justify the circumcision by faith and the uncircumcision through faith
Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea we establish it." Romans 3.30-31

"Shall we continue to sin that grace may abound,God forbid."

Another statement u made that should be corected. Every commandment writtten in the new Testment is both for d Gentilesand Jews

"for circumcision verily profiteth if thou keep the law".

The law u were referring to is the Law of Moses. It is meant for the Jews only but it has been abolishd after Jesus resurrection. Like not eating on sabbath, sacrificng animals, rituals before eating etc.
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by mrZENographer: 1:29am On Jul 21, 2015
jiggaz:

Faith without works is dead" James 2

He that comitteth sin is of the devil. 1John 3.8

But the fearful, whoremongers, abominable and all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire. Rev 21.8

The spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times, some shall depart from faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.1 Timothy 4.1

I pray God will deliver you in Jesus name

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2015
mrZENographer:

Faith without works is dead" James 2
He that comitteth sin is of the devil. 1John 3.8
But the fearful, whoremongers, abominable and all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire. Rev 21.8
The spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times, some shall depart from faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.1 Timothy 4.1
I pray God will deliver you in Jesus name
Lol my brother there is nothing like God deliver me. You will not understand the Message of Grace cos our Pastors have washed our heads lol. I was once like you, thinking dat what qualifies me to enter the kingdom of God is through my works & righteousness, forgetting dat what Jesus did on the Cross of Calvary is greater than the fall of Adam. Grace message doesn't encourage sin but u people are soo blind to see it. It encourages us to live a Christlike life cos Jesus have taken away all our sins on Calvary. Most of the Bible passages u people are quoting were written under different circumstances and most doesn't apply to the Gentile church. The New Covenant Law of Christ is to Accept and Believe in Him.
On the last day, no Christian I REPEAT no Christian will be left behind. Its only Unbelievers and the Jews dat doesn't believe in Christ dat will be left behind. Which u know Christ will come with his raptured saints to save dem after the great tribulation. Even John in Revelation said dat he looked up to Heaven and saw great multitude from different nations of the world standing before the throne of Grace and all were saved. He said u cant count dem. My brother i tell you, all Christians will make it on the Rapture. Its when we all get to Heaven people will now be placed according to levels of commitment while on earth but dat doesn't take away their salvation of eternal life.

My brother, its you i pity, plz stop living in GUILT AND CONDEMNATION!! The Lord Jesus have taken care of everything on the cross. Once saved, always saved but mind u, live a Christlike life here on earth so dat u will show people of the world dat Christ is Love which is.the message of GRACE . I won't argue again. The Scripture is what it is.... But very soon the Grace message will blow like a wildfire allover the world cos soo many people are now aware of the Truth and who they are in Christ cos there's no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. It is well with you.
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Scholar8200(m): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2015
Op, I suggest you avoid the source of this new discovery! Take a look at Jesus' message to the gentile churches in Revelations 2 & 3 to understand that these are days when, as written in Jude, men shall turn the grace of God into lasciviousness!
Let me give you some samples:bear in mind that this was spoken by Jesus Himself long after Ascension

Revelations 3:1-5

1. And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.(majority were backslidden, meaning had lost the life they once received when they got saved)

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
( The use of the phrase, 'as a thief' concerns not the saved but the unsaved and unprepared)

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
(Visible Holiness by the cleansing of the Spirit remains a condition of walking with Him on earth and seeing Him at last)

Besides op, what will be the usefulness of the continual call to watchfulness and sobriety spoken by Christ and His apostles? Why did Jesus say to strive to enter in at the strait gate?

I perceive you like the man who taught you this but for your soul's sake and for an eternity at stake, consider these with an open mind. If a teaching is to be accepted, then it must not contradict/ dispense with other portions of scripture.

Matthew 25: 12,13

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not. 13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Was the coming of Christ here referring to the Cross then?! Was it not referring to His second coming?!

I wonder how you will see this and still make claims as the op! When a person is told I know you not the result is," depart from Me" to Heaven? NEVER.

You even went ahead to discount/dispense with all the four gospels and the teachings therein just because of the heresy?! Claiming they have nothing to do with grace?!
True there is no condemnation to those in Christ but remember its with a condition that they walk after the Spirit and not the flesh. Meaning if we claim to believe in Christ but our lives are filled with the works of the flesh, we deceive ourselves!
I submit that the op looks like a disguise for the Broad way!

1 Like

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
Joseph Prince - Jesus have made The Finish Line, Your Starting Post....

Joseph Prince talks of how Jesus' death on the Cross changed everything for Humanity.... There's no condemnation for Those in Christ Jesus!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9sWEf_6ZS8&fulldescription=1&gl=NG&client=mv-google&hl=en
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
jiggaz:
Joseph Prince - Jesus have made The Finish Line, Your Starting Post....

Joseph Prince talks of how Jesus' death on the Cross changed everything for Humanity.... There's no condemnation for Those in Christ Jesus!!!!!!
There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. If a christian continues to walk after the flesh, such a person will be condemned on the last day.
2 Corinth.5:10 For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done IN THE BODY, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Was Paul writing to believers in Christ or to unbelievers in Gal.5:19-21?
19. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20. Idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21. Envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like, of which I tell you beforehand, just as I told you in time past, that those who PRACTICE (engage in, do) such things WILL NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

Any teaching or rhema (revelation) that contradicts the scriptures should be discarded, no matter who teaches it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 1:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

There is therefore now no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. If a christian continues to walk after the flesh, such a person will be condemned on the last day.
2 Corinth.5:10 For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done IN THE BODY, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
Was Paul writing to believers in Christ or to unbelievers in Gal.5:19-21?
19. Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20. Idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21. Envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like, of which I tell you beforehand, just as I told you in time past, that those who PRACTICE (engage in, do) such things WILL NOT inherit the kingdom of God.
Any teaching or rhema (revelation) that contradicts the scriptures should be discarded, no matter who teaches it.
The same Bible dat was written in Greek before being translated to English. So many people quote the Bible out of Context cos they don't understand the circumstances that led to certain Scriptures in the Bible. I don't blame you sha cos most Mainstream Pentecostal Pastors tell their flocks what to believe by mixing the message of Grace with the Law.

Plz if u don't believe in the message of Grace, there's no problem. I am posting these video messages for Christians who want to be liberated from the old doctrine of Guilt & Condemnation. I am free and liberated and i now know my place in Christ Jesus!!! I now have divine PEACE since i discovered these messages, so i want to share it to others too.

But since u are already stock to your Doctrine of Law, Works & Righteousness by might, PLEASE & PLEASE this message is not for YOU!!
Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Scholar8200(m): 5:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
jiggaz:
The same Bible dat was written in Greek before being translated to English. So many people quote the Bible out of Context cos they don't understand the circumstances that led to certain Scriptures in the Bible. I don't blame you sha cos most Mainstream Pentecostal Pastors tell their flocks what to believe by mixing the message of Grace with the Law.

Plz if u don't believe in the message of Grace, there's no problem. I am posting these video messages for Christians who want to be liberated from the old doctrine of Guilt & Condemnation. I am free and liberated and i now know my place in Christ Jesus!!! I now have divine PEACE since i discovered these messages, so i want to share it to others too.

But since u are already stock to your Doctrine of Law, Works & Righteousness by might, PLEASE & PLEASE this message is not for YOU!!
@ jiggaz,

1. does your conceptualization of agree with this:

Titus 2:11-12

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2. Since Christ was talking to His disciples (not just a carefree group of Israelites) what purpose was the climax of the parable being a call to watch?

3. The marriage is indeed between Christ and His Bride but remember that the Bride includes multitude of men and women hence everyone still has a responsibility to watch and be sober. Else what was the intent of the Apostles' several, inspired warnings to the believers? Eg
2 Peter 2:20,21

20 For if[b] after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,[/b] they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
[/b]21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Hebrews 10:38,39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who[size=14pt][b] draw back unto perdition
[/size]; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

and others.

2 Likes

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
jiggaz:

Bro. calm down. I will quote you for the last time. I believe in the work of grace. The questions are: 1. Does grace permit believers in Christ to continue living in sin? Rom.6:1-2
2. What exactly has grace come to do in the life of christians? Titus 2 11. For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12. teaching us that, denying UNGODLINESS and WORDLY LUSTS, we should live SOBERLY, RIGHTEOUSLY, and GODLY in the present age,
13. looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Everyone will be judged according to his/her works on earth. Those who live righteously will get into heaven, while those who continue living in sin and die in its practice will be lost forever in hellfire.
The truth is a bitter pill to swallow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Barnabaseloka(m): 5:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Scholar8200:
@ jiggaz,

1. does your conceptualization of agree with this:

Titus 2:11-12

11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2. Since Christ was talking to His disciples (not just a carefree group of Israelites) what purpose was the climax of the parable being a call to watch?

3. The marriage is indeed between Christ and His Bride but remember that the Bride includes multitude of men and women hence everyone still has a responsibility to watch and be sober. Else what was the intent of the Apostles' several, inspired warnings to the believers? Eg
2 Peter 2:20,21

20 For if[b] after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,[/b] they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
[/b]21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Hebrews 10:38,39

38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who[size=14pt][b] draw back unto perdition
[/size]; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

and others.

Thanks Bro. I never read this post before quoting Titus 2:11 that you also quoted. The Spirit of God is indeed one!

1 Like

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Scholar8200(m): 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Thanks Bro. I never read this post before quoting Titus 2:11 that you also quoted. The Spirit of God is indeed one!
Glory to God and Father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Antinomians and neo-Nicolaitans are now on the prowl today! May God deliver us.

1 Like

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by Scholar8200(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Bro. calm down. I will quote you for the last time. I believe in the work of grace. The questions are: 1. Does grace permit believers in Christ to continue living in sin? Rom.6:1-2
2. What exactly has grace come to do in the life of christians? Titus 2 11. For the GRACE of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
12. teaching us that, denying UNGODLINESS and WORDLY LUSTS, we should live SOBERLY, RIGHTEOUSLY, and GODLY in the present age,
13. looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Everyone will be judged according to his/her works on earth. Those who live righteously will get into heaven, while those who continue living in sin and die in its practice will be lost forever in hellfire.
The truth is a bitter pill to swallow!
I think I need to amplify the highlighted:

Paul's teaching was obedience to/fulfilling of the righteous demands of the law AS THE RESULT OF SALVATION BY GRACE and not keeping the law AS A MEANS OF SALVATION when he wrote
1. Titus 1:16

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Ephesians 2:8-10

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

1 Like

Re: No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins by jiggaz(m): 9:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
@Barnabaseloka & @Scholar8200 Plz u people should stop quoting me!!! Dis GRACE message is clearly not for you guys... And stop engaging me in arguments cos we will never agree!!!! I was once like you people but thank God for showing me the LIGHT.....

Christians will be judged according to their Works after end of the world. It is then Reward will be given to everyone according to their commitment here on earth and everyone will now be ranked according to their works BUT that doesn't take away their SALVATION cos all of them were saved. And please don't quote me AGAIN!!!! We can never AGREE!!!! I didn't open this thread for arguments, abeg i no geh strength. I am just sharing the Goodnews of Christ....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Quran 5:101. We Need Answers! / I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook / Synagogue Building Was Attacked By US - Russian Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.