Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,995 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Homosexuals Storm National Assembly - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (30315 Views)

Pro Obanikoro Storm National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by BashiruB: 12:34am On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

No!

I am not allowing you to change the subject. I don't allow strawmans.

My strawman blocker is permanently on. It is more powerful than my pop-up blocker.

You said you know animals are gay, show that.

What backtrack?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Whaaa? grin grin grin

I told you it was a pseudo-right, dint I?  grin

They are not fundamental human rights, especially the acts done during it.

gays are free to associate with anybody but the minute they perform a faggoted act. They should be clamped!

Try again.

You would have been told when you were young that when you fail, you try again.  grin

Sagamite,

You seem to be very hard-hearted against people who have done nothing to you. Homosexuality is not a choice. if it is a choice, I want you to go out now to SOHO and catch someone of the same sex and kiss him/her with so much heart-felt passion that you melt inside; and I want you to mean it will all your heart. Ofcourse you cant because it is not in your nature. It's not something you can learn. its in the same way that you dont expect a gay person to suddenly abandon his nature and turn straight because of society's pressure. Abeg, just live and let live.

And to show you homosexuality in the animal kingdom- look at this national geographic video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlTAyNI8WE&feature=related
Homosexuality has been well documented in the animal kingdom (NATURE) and in man (NATURE) throughout time. So why do you think it is not natural just because you dont swing that way. Or do you think that gay animals were also influenced by western culture to become gay. They were always that even when they were in Noah's Ark. It's part of God's and nature's variety and so you shouldnt condemn them. I bet you dont condemn left-handed people because you are not that way- do you?

Sagamite, try and see things from an impartial view. Use the brain that God gave you and you will arrive at these truths yourself. And please be kind and polite in your reply as I see that you are not taking it easy with those who have shot back at you. Peace!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Apr 16, 2011
BashiruB:

Sagamite,

You seem to be very hard-hearted against people who have done nothing to you. Homosexuality is not a choice. if it is a choice, I want you to go out now to SOHO and catch someone of the same sex and kiss him/her with so much heart-felt passion that you melt inside; and I want you to mean it will all your heart. Ofcourse you cant because it is not in your nature. It's not something you can learn. its in the same way that you dont expect a gay person to suddenly abandon his nature and turn straight because of society's pressure. Abeg, just live and let live.

And to show you homosexuality in the animal kingdom- look at this national geographic video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RlTAyNI8WE&feature=related
Homosexuality has been well documented in the animal kingdom (NATURE) and in man (NATURE) throughout time. So why do you think it is not natural just because you dont swing that way. Or do you think that gay animals were also influenced by western culture to become gay. They were always that even when they were in Noah's Ark. It's part of God's and nature's variety and so you shouldnt condemn them. I bet you dont condemn left-handed people because you are not that way- do you?

Sagamite, try and see things from an impartial view. Use the brain that God gave you and you will arrive at these truths yourself. And please be kind and polite in your reply as I see that you are not taking it easy with those who have shot back at you. Peace!

I have not read this.

I only looked at the first line and saw it was addressed to me. I will not respond because I asked you a simple question that needs answering:

Are you gay?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by eldee(m): 12:37am On Apr 16, 2011
@Sagamite

You seem to have a renewed confidence . . . answer my question, this is why I prefer using unfair surprise in debates . . . then people don't go about avoiding one question out of fear. . . and since when did it become okay to evade simple questions by asking other questions?? grin grin
It's cool if you're too scared to disappoint your fans by being torn apart by baby Eldee.

There are bisexual animals . . . agree or disagree? grin grin grin

1. I quoted you.

2. I quoted you.

Now answer . . . Is Freedom of Association  a fundamental human right?? Yes or No?
I'm desperate to kill your argument on this popular thread . . . make you think twice before debating with Eldee after this . . . is that such a bad thing?? *Insert sue me Youtube clip here* grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Torombo(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

OK, cretin!

What is your girlfriend's number?

Lets cut to the chase!

You can not prove their are gay animals? You lied or misspoke?

Then we can discuss what ever other lame point you want to put. It will end like every other discussion I have on NL!

No 1, I said FROM THE START it was pseudo. Why are you desperately hoping I said something different? Do you now know where that smell is coming from?

Go and take a shower and you will stop smelling the "desperate". grin

No 2, does ASBO not restrict freedom of association?

You are reetarded!

If you take men's diick up your mouth, stop coming online to pretend you are not being biased!

Don't give your wife AIDS with your downlow moves.

@Sagamite

You can see how much energy you are mis-directing into abusing and hating others when you really need to be putting it towards dealing with your attraction to other men.

I know this will be very difficult for you but you really need to do it for yourself.  

Maybe biachwest's girl might be able to help.  If not, perhaps you could locate a suitable counsellor near you.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by biachwest: 12:41am On Apr 16, 2011
SAGAMITE@

Your mental dis order is  adapted from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
 For example;
they had slight difficulties with social interaction, language, or reading. ,
the three core symptoms of the disorder: poor communication skills,
Called the Autism Genome Project, it's a consortium of scientists Asperger syndrome (AS) is a developmental disorder that is characterized by: 1

limited interests or an unusual preoccupation with a particular subject to the exclusion of other activities.

So u are 60 percent going nod.Check ur ealier contributions, u ill realise more facts And learn to be tolerance especially when u are looser.
that wont depress u.

Let the gay people express thier fundamental human rights just as u disables does.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by eldee(m): 12:45am On Apr 16, 2011
@Sagamite

I'm going to bed, all I wanted was answers to two questions but you'll rather exchange essays with Torombo . . . I guess you're learning to pick your battles now, nice. wink

Tell me when you're ready to have a constructive . . . scratch that, tell me when you're ready to get your arse served to you in a constructive debate. #PunIntended grin grin grin

And if you dare throw cheap shots, I'll come here and kick your arse tomorrow . . . that's called a threat where I'm from. grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by biachwest: 12:46am On Apr 16, 2011
SAGAMITE@

0046- 764357452   OR EMAIL ;biachwest@hotmail.com
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 12:48am On Apr 16, 2011
eldee:

@Sagamite

You seem to have a renewed confidence . . . answer my question, this is why I prefer using unfair surprise in debates . . . then people don't go about avoiding one question out of fear. . . and since when did it become okay to evade simple questions by asking other questions?? grin grin
It's cool if you're too scared to disappoint your fans by being torn apart by baby Eldee.

There are bisexual animals . . . agree or disagree? grin grin grin

1. I quoted you.

2. I quoted you.

Now answer . . . Is Freedom of Association  a fundamental human right?? Yes or No?
I'm desperate to kill your argument on this popular thread . . . make you think twice before debating with Eldee after this . . . is that such a bad thing?? *Insert sue me Youtube clip here* grin grin

Me? Run from your question?

Are you having a laff? Or are you having igbo?

I will answer your question when you admit you can not find gay animals and you are only shifting the discussion.

Again: You can not prove their are gay animals? You lied or misspoke?

You? Kill my argument?

Let me laugh for a second.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ok, I am back.

Actually, a few more chuckles.

grin grin grin

Ok, I am back.

I have told you Freedom of asscociation is psuedo-fundamental right. You were not intelligent enough to demarcate between association and actions in association, and you think you are intelligent enough to kill SAGAMITE'S argument?  grin You really think your law lecturers were that good? They are not as smart as my toe.

Association being a fundamental human rights still remains a debatable ground if govenrments can use it to prevent forecasted problems. That is why I used pseudo from the start.

Gays are free to associate but if they act on homosexuality, they will be toast and fundamental human rights wll not protect it.

Now, eldee, go ahead. Kill my arguments!  grin

O ti muti yo la leyi! Oti wapa? grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 12:51am On Apr 16, 2011
eldee:

@Sagamite

I'm going to bed, all I wanted was answers to two questions but you'll rather exchange essays with Torombo . . . I guess you're learning to pick your battles now, nice. wink

Tell me when you're ready to have a constructive . . . scratch that, tell me when you're ready to get your arse served to you in a constructive debate. #PunIntended grin grin grin

And if you dare throw cheap shots, I'll come here and kick your arse tomorrow . . . that's called a threat where I'm from. grin grin

Don't go to bed o.

I want to go to bed too. But I want to deal with you and give you a nightmare first. grin

You will never take igbo again after this. Oti mor Oga e!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Torombo(m): 12:51am On Apr 16, 2011
biachwest:

SAGAMITE@

@Sagamite

I hope you are able to avail yourself of this fantastic opportunit.  You can see how God works his wonders in bringing help your wy!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by eldee(m): 12:58am On Apr 16, 2011
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My God . . . I only asked for two Yes or No answers and you're posting all this drivel??
Sagamite you're and embarrassment to your fans . . . every homophobe is ashamed of you.

If you have balls answer those two questions I asked . . . I dare you.

Are there bisexual animals? Y/N

Is Freedom of Association a fundamental Human Right?? Y/N

As Lagbaja said . . . 'To ba tin gbo, 'in actual fact', 'believe you me' 'I swear on my mother's life' won fe jubon ni yen . . . SIMPLE YES OR NO' grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by eldee(m): 1:01am On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't go to bed o.

I want to go to bed too. But I want to deal with you and give you a nightmare first. grin

You will never take igbo again after this. Oti mor Oga e!

Negro on sum Jay-Z ish 'I'm not a biter I'm a writer. . . I jack eL's style I'm biggin up my brother' grin grin
I thought you were speaking bone-face girama before. grin grin grin
Sha answer the two questions and stop being a biatch. . . I don't want this derailed, I know you're praying for that.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 1:04am On Apr 16, 2011
eldee:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

My God . . . I only asked for two Yes or No answers and you're posting all this drivel??
Sagamite you're and embarrassment to your fans . . . every homophobe is ashamed of you.

If you have balls answer those two questions I asked . . . I dare you.

Are there bisexual animals? Y/N

Is Freedom of Association a fundamental Human Right?? Y/N

As Lagbaja said . . . 'To ba tin gbo, 'in actual fact', 'believe you me' 'I swear on my mother's life' won fe jubon ni yen . . . SIMPLE YES OR NO' grin grin grin grin grin

You can't strawman me, mate.

You are not intelligent enough.

Admit you can not provide proof of gay animals THEN we can move on.

You don't have the balls to prove what you claimed and you don't have the principles to admit your goof, you want to switch the story on your Oga?

I have given you a CLEAR analysis of Freedom of association. What don't you understand? You are not intelligent enough to comprehend?

Don't run to bed, I am tired too. But I would whoop you good intellectually.

biachwest:

SAGAMITE@

Is that your girlfriend's number?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 1:08am On Apr 16, 2011
eldee:

Natural

Proven to exist in animals.

This is what you said today apart from the history you referred to earlier beating your chest.

Prove it.

You want to step to Sagamite?

You will explain what substance you took.

Aya o ja! O ni respect fun Olugbala e ni Ogbon.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by BashiruB: 1:09am On Apr 16, 2011
Sagamite:

You can't strawman me, mate.

You are not intelligent enough.

Admit you can not provide proof of gay animals THEN we can move on.

You don't have the balls to prove what you claimed and you don't have the principles to admit your goof, you want to switch the story on your Oga?

I have given you a CLEAR analysis of Freedom of association. What don't you understand? You are not intelligent enough to comprehend?

Don't run to bed, I am tired too. But I would whoop you good intellectually.

Is that your girlfriend's number?

Sagamite, Like others have said, It looks like you are really struggling with your own same-sex attractions. Dont worry, it takes time but you will get to that point of acceptance someday and stop hating people who are like you. I'm sure you have seen the video on homosexuality in animals I posted earlier. I hope it clears up your doubts and assures you that what you want to do is 'Natural'. As for whether I'm gay and will want to do it with you, I'm sorry to turn down your offer because I'm just not naturally attracted to your kind.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 1:10am On Apr 16, 2011
BashiruB:

Sagamite, Like others have said, It looks like you are really struggling with your own same-sex attractions. Dont worry, it takes time but you will get to that point of acceptance someday and stop hating people who are like you. I'm sure you have seen the video on homosexuality in animals I posted earlier. I hope it clears up your doubts and assures you that what you want to do is 'Natural'. As for whether I'm gay and will want to do it with you, I'm sorry to turn down your offer because I'm just not naturally attracted to your kind.

Are you gay?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by eldee(m): 1:12am On Apr 16, 2011
@Sagamite

So this is how you'll evade two questions I asked about 2-3 hours ago??
Be a man . . .  grin grin

I see you're losing your cool . . . that's a good sign for me . . . it's a strategy, I think I learnt it on Nairaland sef, people are less rational when angry. grin All I want is two answers, they will kill you once and for all, I dare you to answer it, I'm going to bed now  . . . battle your mates Biatchwest and Tomboro, when you're ready for your intellectual downfall, holla at me, I'll stick it in your behind, you'll be my biatch. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by biachwest: 1:12am On Apr 16, 2011
SAGAMITE@

In everydemocratic society we most  respects diversity of all kinds. We acknowledge the significance of terminology and that the use of inappropriate terminology can be disempowering. We also acknowledge that terminology is contested. I understands that LGBTI people form a diverse group and sexuality or sex or gender identity is only one aspect of a person’s total identity.

I  understands that issues concerning sexual orientation are quite different to issues concerning sex and/or gender identity. However, I am also mindful that some trans and intersex people feel strongly about the benefits of affiliation with the gay, lesbian and bisexual community. For this reason and because it is internationally recognised in every democratic society which nigeria now belongs to.

They have the same right that mentally disorderd person has. the same right we straigth got.the could tried b4 the lwa court if they provoke a public disoder for example having sex on the street.
which a starigth person will charge for same,
the law most protects we all. Dont accept them but let them be. You have no right to jail some one because he is gay.that is outrageous.
MAKE YOU U RING US BECAUSE WE ARE GONNA RENDER THE HELP.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 1:21am On Apr 16, 2011
eldee:

@Sagamite

So this is how you'll evade two questions I asked about 2-3 hours ago??
Be a man . . .  grin grin

I see you're losing your cool . . . that's a good sign for me . . . it's a strategy, I think I learnt it on Nairaland sef, people are less rational when angry. grin All I want is two answers, they will kill you once and for all, I dare you to answer it, I'm going to bed now  . . . battle your mates Biatchwest and Tomboro, when you're ready for your intellectual downfall, holla at me, I'll stick it in your behind, you'll be my biatch. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Be a man and defend your claim and THEN I would ANSWER your question.

You are the pucci!!!

Pu . . . . . . . . . . . cci!

I will give you your answer, you just have to do your bit first and stop trying to play smart.

You are not that smart to step this way.  grin

I am ready to turn on my intellectual invisible juice to bash you.

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAGJmP3_80[/flash]
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 9:46am On Oct 23, 2011
And some mooron will turn around and say "Live and let live, how does it affect your life".

Mugus just throwing hackneyed platitudes they have heard someones else vomit without any rigorous analysis and independent thinking of their own.

Yet they have the guts to think they can debate with me.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2052319/Demoted-backing-gay-marriage-housing-managers-pay-slashed-criticising-new-law-Facebook.html

[size=18pt]Demoted for not backing gay marriage: housing manager's pay slashed for criticising new law on Facebook
[/size]

A housing manager has been demoted, and his salary slashed, after he criticised a controversial new gay rights law.

Adrian Smith, a Christian, was found guilty of gross misconduct by his publicly funded housing association for saying that allowing gay weddings in churches was ‘an equality too far’.

He posted the comment in his own time, on his personal page on the Facebook website, which could not be read by the general public.

But after a disciplinary hearing, he was downgraded from his £35,000-a-year managerial job to a much less senior £21,000 post – and avoided the sack only because of his long service.

Mr Smith, 54, is now taking the association to court, arguing that his punishment was out of proportion and his right to free speech was ignored.

Friends said last night the father of two had been ‘shocked and distressed’ by his treatment and would now face financial hardship.

Campaigners attacked the housing association’s decision – the latest in a series of cases in which Christians have clashed with employers – as a ‘complete over-reaction’ by an organisation ‘drenched in political correctness’.

Mr Smith has worked for 18 years for Trafford Council and Trafford Housing Trust, which manages more than 9,000 homes in Sale, Greater Manchester.

But he now finds his career in tatters over a comment he wrote on his personal Facebook page one Sunday morning in response to a BBC story headlined ‘Gay church “marriages” get go-ahead’. The story referred to Government plans to lift the ban on homosexual couples holding civil partnerships in churches and other religious settings.
Service: Mr Smith has worked for 18 years for Trafford Council and Trafford Housing Trust

Mr Smith, whose Facebook profile identified him as working for the Trust as a housing manager, commented: ‘An equality too far.’

A few hours later, one of his Facebook friends, a work colleague whose identity is not known to The Mail on Sunday, posted: ‘Does this mean you don’t approve?’

The following evening after work, Mr Smith, who attends an evangelical church in Bolton, responded: ‘No, not really. I don’t understand why people who have no faith and don’t believe in Christ would want to get hitched in church.

‘The Bible is quite specific that marriage is for men and women. If the State wants to offer civil marriages to the same sex then that is up to the State; but the State shouldn’t impose its rules on places of faith and conscience.’

Lawyers for Mr Smith, whom friends describe as affable and non-confrontational, say his comments were merely expressing an ‘honest belief’ based on his Christian faith.

The proposed new law, on which the Government is consulting, will allow churches to open their doors to gay ceremonies if they wish, although the Church of England is refusing to participate.

The former Archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey, is among those to have criticised the plan for blurring the ‘clear distinction’ between homosexual partnerships and heterosexual marriage.

Mr Smith was disciplined after a second colleague complained to the Trust’s ‘equality and diversity lead’, Helen Malone.

A few days later, Mr Smith was summoned from his home to a meeting at the Trust’s headquarters in Sale, where he was told he was being suspended while the complaint was investigated.

He was warned that even though his Facebook page could be viewed only by registered friends, rather than by the general public, those readers included colleagues who had taken issue with his comments.

A shocked Mr Smith, who managed a team looking after local housing issues, immediately removed the reference to where he worked from the page.

The following month he was called to a disciplinary meeting before Mike Corfield, the Trust’s Assistant Director, Customers. Although Mr Smith was allowed to put his case, insiders described the meeting as ‘tense and fraught’.

According to legal documents lodged at Manchester County Court, Debbie Gorman, a ‘neighbourhood manager’ also at the meeting, said Mr Smith’s comment could cause offence.

She said she had interpreted it as saying ‘gay people are not as equal as people who are not gay’ and that the comment could be viewed as homophobic.

Mr Corfield said it was not the comment but its potential misinterpretation that was at issue, but still ruled that Mr Smith had committed a serious breach of discipline for which he could be dismissed.

But because of his loyal service, Mr Smith was instead demoted to money support adviser, handling rent collection. His pay was reduced to £21,396, phased in over a year, and he was given a final written warning.

Mr Smith has been advised he cannot speak to the press, but his solicitor Tom Ellis, of Aughton Ainsworth in Manchester, said: ‘Adrian was shocked and distressed to have been disciplined in this way. He never expected this to happen – it came completely out of the blue.

‘We sent a letter to the Trust asking that Adrian be given back his job but they refused to respond substantively. Adrian had no other choice but to seek justice through the court.

‘As a Christian, Adrian believes in the values of fairness, courtesy and respect for the opinions of others. Surely that leaves room for colleagues to discuss and even disagree about the topics of the day?

‘Conversations like that happen in offices and factories up and down the country every day.

‘When Adrian was told that he was being demoted with a 40 per cent cut in salary, he was stunned. It was all the more shocking because this was being done in the name of equality and diversity.

'Nothing he said was offensive or abusive. His comments were calm, measured and reasonable.

‘Adrian has been treated disproportionately. Even those who disagree with his opinions will surely agree that he has been treated badly.’

An internal appeal upheld the original decision, except to rule that the reduction in Mr Smith’s pay would be phased in over two years.

Mr Smith’s lawyers say his comments fall far short of gross misconduct and they are claiming damages equivalent to his lost pay.

They also dispute that Mr Smith has broken the Trust’s code of conduct, which bans staff from making ‘derogatory’ comments about it.

They say the Trust has breached his contract because no attempt was made to resolve the row except through the disciplinary procedure.

Although Mr Smith was forced to undergo equality training in 2008 after a Muslim woman alleged he had not treated her fairly, his lawyers said this was irrelevant to the current case.

In 2007, he was praised by the Trust’s £145,000-a-year chief executive, Matthew Gardiner, for his charity work among poor women and children in Uganda.

Last year, the Trust, which employs 360 staff, was awarded a ‘quality mark’ from a gay support group for its work training staff in recognising homophobic hate crime.

But it has also angered a number of elderly residents by ordering them to remove garden benches and flower pots from outside their flats for health-and-safety reasons.

The organisation, which took over homes in 2005 from Trafford Council, receives most of its money in rent from tenants, but it can also apply for public money and last month won Government funds for an £8 million new project.

Mike Judge of the Christian Institute, which is backing the case, said: ‘We’re not talking about a Christian who shoves his opinions down the throats of his colleagues.

‘Mr Smith made completely tame and inoffensive remarks outside of work time on his personal Facebook page. His bosses should get some sense of perspective.

‘It is a complete over-reaction by a housing trust that is clearly drenched in political correctness.’

But Trust commercial director David Barrow said: ‘The Trust has an equal opportunities policy and Mr Smith’s comments on Facebook, where he identified himself as a Trust employee, went against this policy.

‘We expect employees at all levels to act respectfully. This applies in person and on social media.’
But a local Church of England vicar, Kate Burgess of St Matthew’s Church in Trafford, said: ‘I do feel that Christians are persecuted in this country, and this may be another example of that. I don’t know all the facts of this case, but it does seem like an over-reaction.’
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2011
This is what he said that our F-ag mafia and their supporters think he should be punished for:

Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by irohadis: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
If you ask me to chose between the cleptocrats (Legisla -thieves) that are making this law and the "man-lovers" they are after, I would rather Nigeria be renamed "man-lover" any time any day.

We have real problems that all the homophobic people on Nairaland can channel their hatred toward.

Culture ke! Tradition ni! For this same country we person go take the money we de suppose take build the road wey lead to im papa house, chop 70%, take 15% spoil the ground and settle im bobos with the rest?

"Man-lovers" do not affect me in any way. Cleptocrats do! Give me their head any time any day. And the so called Christians and Muslims should stop taking money from and honouring thieves in government, while coming out here to shout morality. This is outright hypocrisy.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Kay17: 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2011
Apart from quoting bible verses, there is no other reason to criminalize homosexuality. Its a right to privacy, the public has no interest or right to interfere into one's private life. Its unfortunate that the term "unAfrican" is used to victimize people. What is African? Are we insects that are slaves to conformity?

A silent genocide orchestrated by monotheists
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by aurenflani: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2011
are there saying they want to be allowed to deep their pinis inside shalanga? no way! if they do that, boko haram would direct their dead squad to hunt them. nigerians are clean ppl and we don't like shitty smelling animals amongst us.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ChinenyeN(m): 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2011
Lol Naija no be Yankee oh. Simple statement that all should understand.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Torombo(m): 12:23am On Oct 24, 2011
The arguments people use to criminalise a behaviour they don't like is what makes me laugh.

It's unfrican and is against our culture - is it african and within our culture to steal government money?

It's against our Christian/Muslim belief and morality - is corruption moral or in line with the tenets of christianity or islam?

I never hear the same people call for a law against the sexual abuse of our young girls by lecturers in institutions of higher learning up and down the country.

At the same time, they want to send people to jail for an act between two consenting adults in the privacy of their own bedroom.  I just don't see who is being harmed here unless you want to protect the perpetrators from themselves by sending them to prison for a long time!

Maybe I've lived abroad for too long and just don't appreciate how this is the biggest problem facing Nigeria!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 5:13am On Oct 24, 2011
Kay 17:

Apart from quoting bible verses, there is no other reason to criminalize homosexuality. Its a right to privacy, the public has no interest or right to interfere into one's private life. Its unfortunate that the term "unAfrican" is used to victimize people. What is African? Are we insects that are slaves to conformity?

A silent genocide orchestrated by monotheists

Really?

What mooronic rubbish.

The public has no interest in something that irritates them?

Right to privacy? It is privacy when you parade your g-ay arse on the road dancing like a sicko and call it gaypride day?

Torombo:

The arguments people use to criminalise a behaviour they don't like is what makes me laugh.

It's unfrican and is against our culture - is it african and within our culture to steal government money?

It's against our Christian/Muslim belief and morality - is corruption moral or in line with the tenets of christianity or islam?

I never hear the same people call for a law against the intimate abuse of our young girls by lecturers in institutions of higher learning up and down the country.

At the same time, they want to send people to jail for an act between two consenting adults in the privacy of their own bedroom.  I just don't see who is being harmed here unless you want to protect the perpetrators from themselves by sending them to prison for a long time! 

Maybe I've lived abroad for too long and just don't appreciate how this is the biggest problem facing Nigeria!

Are you that daft?

No 1, there are processes and procedures to punish lecturers like that. Whether it is being implemented is another thing.

No 2, are the girls in higher learnings not adults that can say "No"?

No 3, there are hordes of people condemning it contrary to your moooronic, useless claim.

No 4, it is mooronic to use such as an excuse to not condemn phaggotism.

No 5, according to your daft arse, because there is looting, then every wrong is acceptable and none can be condemned.

No 6, if they did what they do in "private", no one can disturb them.

No 7, where did your daft arse see it being claimed as the "biggest" problem facing Nigeria.

You have given completely DAFT arguments!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ebere1712: 5:39am On Oct 24, 2011
There is no reason why gay people should be jailed in Nigeria. We are not a religious state. We are not a cultural state(heck we have more than 7000 religions and cultures in this country). Those advocating for the criminalization of sexuality shud look themselves in the mirror. leave gay people alone.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 5:42am On Oct 24, 2011
ebere1712:

There is no reason why man-lover people should be jailed in Nigeria. We are not a religious state. We are not a cultural state(heck we have more than 7000 religions and cultures in this country). Those advocating for the criminalization of sexuality shud look themselves in the mirror. leave man-lover people alone.

What a foooooool!

So only a religious state should ban faggotism?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ebere1712: 6:03am On Oct 24, 2011
Sagamite:

What a foooooool!

So only a religious state should ban faggotism?
On what basis should ga*y people be jailed. Based on warped ideals on morality or religion or culture. Because as far as I can see, they have not done anything wrong to anyone. They are just doing what they love and believe in. If you don't like it, look away. Heck most Muslims think Christians are sinners and vice versa. Shud they go and kill Christians? Or should Christians put Muslims in jail? Admit it, the only reason you are brave enough to persecute the homosexuals is because they are a minority. If I had a gay friend, I will kill anyone who kills him for his sexuality. Don't start what you can't finish. faggostism is this, faggotism is that, thats all according to you and your kind. Everybody must not be like you or agree with you.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2011
ebere1712:

On what basis should ga*y people be jailed. Based on warped ideals on morality or religion or culture. Because as far as I can see, they have not done anything wrong to anyone. They are just doing what they love and believe in. If you don't like it, look away. Heck most Muslims think Christians are sinners and vice versa. Shud they go and kill Christians? Or should Christians put Muslims in jail? Admit it, the only reason you are brave enough to persecute the homosexuals is because they are a minority. If I had a man-lover friend, I will kill anyone who kills him for his sexuality. Don't start what you can't finish. faggostism is this, faggotism is that, thats all according to you and your kind. Everybody must not be like you or agree with you.

On what basis do you think someone that chooses to walk na-ked on the streets be arrested and jailed?

I wait for your answer.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ebere1712: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2011
Sagamite:

On what basis do you think someone that chooses to walk na-ked on the streets be arrested and jailed?

I wait for your answer.
First of all, I personally wouldn't go out of my way to arrest someone who walks the streets naked. However I want to bring to your attention that the above question is incomparable to jailing ga*ys for doing whatever they do in their private settings. The streets is a public place and their shud be some kind of control, so as to make it comfortable for everyone. This bill is trying to put two adults in jail for doing what they want to do to themselves. I repeat, it is nobody's business what any adults want to do to themselves as long as it doesn't hurt any other person. I don't understand why you would make criminals out of people that have done nothing to you or any other person. It is wrong. You might not agree with the practice, but please don't make them into criminals. They are human beings like every one of us. The only difference is that they are attracted to people of the same sex with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? / Video: Soldiers Scramble For Water As Relief Materials Finally Arrive Sambisa / Buhari, Jonathan, Others Congratulate Tinubu At 68

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.