Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:32 PM

Homosexuals Storm National Assembly - Politics (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (30253 Views)

Pro Obanikoro Storm National Assembly / Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Homosexuals Storm National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2011
Kay 17:

@Sagamite
Inbreeding involves harm to a  third party. The high degree of deformity and even death of an offspring in that relationship.
But if they are sterile, it is a different issue and could be permissible.
That's one reason. Pls provide a secular reason why homosexuals cant be in a consensual relationship.

High degree? What high degree? What is the rate?

Don't BS me.

There is a possibility of deformity. It is a risk. Does that mean you are justified to criminalise it based on that?

So how come we do not criminalise people with hereditary diseases that attempt to procreate? Why don't we make laws that stop them from procreating?

Explain to me again the logical reason why in.cest should be criminalised apart from disgust and morality issues. Also what harm does nudism and polygamy cause?

Try again. Have a second go. Such opportunities for second chances are not bountiful in life.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by kurtisomo: 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
May God in his infinite mercy forgive those who even think of this great evil,what is wrong with some nigerian, i advice those who think this evil to repent filly.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by debosky(m): 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
In my opinion, don't criminalise it, but criminalise any attempts to foist it on the rest of society as 'conventional' behaviour. It must be STRICTLY private and they should never have the same rights as heterosexual unions.

No parades, no celebrations, nothing. Just as I don't parade being heterosexual or celebrate it on the streets. It should be a personal prerogative, as long as the adults are consenting.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
debosky:

In my opinion, don't criminalise it, but criminalise any attempts to foist it on the rest of society as 'conventional' behaviour. It must be STRICTLY private and they should never have the same rights as heterosexual unions.

No parades, no celebrations, nothing. Just as I don't parade being heterosexual or celebrate it on the streets. It should be a personal prerogative, as long as the adults are consenting.

I agree with you to an extent. That I can compromise to.

The problem though from all I have seen is that if you decriminalise it, then you can not stop the rest.

If you decriminalise it, you are basically saying under the law that nothing is wrong with the act. Then you will have no grounds to stop them from doing anything relating to it in public. You will have absolutely no grounds without it being destroyed in the courts of the land especially with the rampant promotion of homosexuality as "human rights" we have now.

They will ask for marriage rights, they will ask for adoption rights, they will ask for representation on TV, they will ask for representative quota allocations in public and private leadership, they will ask for a right to "celebrate" it on the streets and we will not be able to do jackshit about it if it is decriminalised and the fact they keep on winning in court will brainwash people to believe they are right. And if you object to homosexuality, you will be dragooned and face contumely where you will be labelled as a "bigot" and the act is "discrimination". I can't even imagine a public official in the UK with the guts to condemn homosexuality without paying heavily for even the slightest reservations talkless of objections. The only thing acceptable in the UK for any public personality is to support anything pro-[i]g[/i]ay.

What ever people want to do in their privacy does not bother me one shyt but I want them to keep it private. I am sure there are fa[i]g[/i]s in Nigeria and they sure will be and are getting it on. I don't give a hoot as long as it is not done in my face, no one expects me to accept it as "normal" and "progressive", they are not adopting helpless kids and no one is incorporating it into my kids lives and upbringing as acceptable.

The fact that once you decriminalise it, you can't stop the rest you disagree with is why I want it remaining criminalised. If it is done in "privacy" and with "consent" as the promoters like to shout, then you can not be charged because it cannot be proven. Then I still get your quoted proposition that I agree with and they get to bastardise each other's arse.

There are [i]f[/i]ags in Nigeria and they are doing their stuff, no one is arresting them but they do not dare try and be "fabulous" and flaunt it in our face. FANTASTIC EQUILIBRIUM!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Kay17: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
@Sagamite Hitler was disgusted with the Jews and Bolsheiviks and therefore criminalize their existence. Thus by your principle is justified!
By morality what do you mean? Whose morality is the standard for stamping and oppressing nonconventional behaviour?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
Kay 17:

@Sagamite Hitler was disgusted with the Jews and Bolsheiviks and therefore criminalize their existence. Thus by your principle is justified!
By morality what do you mean? Whose morality is the standard for stamping and oppressing nonconventional behaviour?

Another mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooronic argument/dialectics/analogy!

Answer my questions above and don't strawman me.

I wait.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Kay17: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2011
@Sagamite
The basic question here is why homosexuality is bad, the standard of morality must be ascertained. 'Disgust' was your major point. This ground could cover ethnic and political minorities, which is definitely not a desirable consequence.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
debosky:

If homosexuality is not criminalized and homos are allowed to conduct themselves in privacy,what will happen to the normal nigerians if the homos start ra-ping boys on the street ? How do you judge that ?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
Kay 17:

@Sagamite
The basic question here is why homosexuality is bad, the standard of morality must be ascertained. 'Disgust' was your major point. This ground could cover ethnic and political minorities, which is definitely not a desirable consequence.

The basic questions are the questions I asked you above. Answer it and stop strawmanning!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Kay17: 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
I doubt if you know anything about strawman arguments.
Besides, incest is not a crime in Nigeria
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 12:13am On Oct 27, 2011
Kay 17:

I doubt if you know anything about strawman arguments.
Besides, Inbreeding is not a crime in Nigeria

Is that the answer to my questions?

Here it is again.

Sagamite:

High degree? What high degree? What is the rate?

Don't BS me.

There is a possibility of deformity. It is a risk. Does that mean you are justified to criminalise it based on that?

So how come we do not criminalise people with hereditary diseases that attempt to procreate? Why don't we make laws that stop them from procreating?

Explain to me again the logical reason why in.cest should be criminalised apart from disgust and morality issues. Also what harm does nudism and polygamy cause?

Try again. Have a second go. Such opportunities for second chances are not bountiful in life.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 12:16am On Oct 27, 2011
It is shocking how ediots go about claiming open-mindedness is why they accept homosexuality but when you give them facts and logic they can not fault, they still refuse to change their minds.

Brainwash-mindedness is not open-mindedness!

A mind without a filter is not open-mindedness!

Sane open-mindedness involves taking facts and logic into consideration and using it to form rationale opinions.

Most pro-gays are closed-minded and brainwashed simpletons who only regurgitate silly arguments used to brainwash their simple minds. Pure and simple!

Silly arguments I will shred in seconds.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ebere1712: 3:27am On Oct 27, 2011
It seems some people are confusing a lot of points here.

Homosexuality - attraction to ones own se*x. Doesn't say anything about rape, statutory rape, bestiality. Homosexuality is simply a sexual orientation. Homosexual acts have no direct victims. There is absolutely no reason why it should be illegal.
Rape - having se*x with some one under circumstances in which he/she did not give a permissible consent to the act. example of non permissible consent include consent of a legal child or consent under duress. Rape is definitely a crime because it has a victim. It is absolutely illegal in all states in the world.
Incest - having sexual relationship with a direct family member. Note the definition depends on legislation of the country involved. Whilst incest can be victim-less, there is a very big chance of having a victim in an incestuous relationship. Activities like unlawful detention, brainwashing, and abuse of trust of a child, child abuse, are very likely to have taken place. Another victim may be the offspring of the couple because incest increases its chances of having a birth defect. Some nations like Denmark may permit incestuous relationships if all their requirements are met. Most nations though, are very cautious and have outright ban on incest.
Bigamy[b] - A man or woman gets married to more than one spouse. This was probably introduced in the western world due to Christianity. Getting rid of this law would be hard because of diverse interests. However many western states have ways of accommodating polygamist immigrants. Bigamy shouldn't be illegal because it involves consenting adults. But a case might me made for the children growing up in non-mainstream family settings. This is not enough, in my opinion, to criminalize bigamy. It is a victim-less act.
[b]Bestiality
- having sex with animals. This is straight out rape because there is no way for us to know that the animal gave consent.

These should help some people sort out their confusions.

~Bluetooth:

If homosexuality is not criminalized and homos are allowed to conduct themselves in privacy,what will happen to the normal nigerians if the homos start ra-ping boys on the street ? How do you judge that ?
This question is a typical example of why you should revisit the definitions of rape and homosexuality. If someone rapes someone else, he/she committed a crime irrespective of whether he is homosexual or not.

Sagamite:

I agree with you to an extent. That I can compromise to.

The problem though from all I have seen is that if you decriminalise it, then you can not stop the rest.

If you decriminalise it, you are basically saying under the law that nothing is wrong with the act. Then you will have no grounds to stop them from doing anything relating to it in public. You will have absolutely no grounds without it being destroyed in the courts of the land especially with the rampant promotion of homosexuality as "human rights" we have now.

They will ask for marriage rights, they will ask for adoption rights, they will ask for representation on TV, they will ask for representative quota allocations in  public and private leadership, they will ask for a right to "celebrate" it on the streets and we will not be able to do jackshit about it if it is decriminalised. And if you object, you will be dragooned and face contumely where you will be labelled as a "bigot" and the act is "discrimination". I can't even imagine a public official in the UK with the guts to condemn homosexuality without paying heavily for even the slightest reservations talkless of objections. The only thing acceptable in the UK for any public personality is to support anything pro-[i]g[/i]ay.

What ever people want to do in their privacy does not bother me one shyt but I want them to keep it private. I am sure there are fa[i]g[/i]s in Nigeria and they sure will be and are getting it on. I don't give a hoot as long as it is not done in my face, no one expects me to accept it as "normal" and "progressive", they are not adopting helpless kids and no one is incorporating it into my kids lives and upbringing as acceptable.

The fact that once you decriminalise it, you can't stop the rest you disagree with is why I want it remaining criminalised. If it is done in "privacy" and with "consent" as the promoters like to shout, then you can not be charged because it cannot be proven. Then I still get your quoted proposition that I agree with and they get to bastardise each other's arse.

There are [i]f[/i]ags in Nigeria and they are doing their stuff, no one is arresting them but they do not dare try and be "fabulous" and flaunt it in our face. FANTASTIC EQUILIBRIUM!

I agree with some of your points. Ga*y people shouldn't be allowed to adopt kids. If you want a kid, go and fu*ck a woman or do ivf. This is because the child would definitely need a mother.
There s no reason why they should be denied marriage rights by courts. However they shouldn't be able to bully religious organizations into doing things (same sex marriage) that are contrary to their beliefs.
Gay parades and ceremonies shouldn't be allowed only if it causes public nuisance and/or traffic problems. You cant deny them right to celebrate because you think its "disgusting". Heck I find it disgusting when I see some Nigerian Americana wanna be, with their stupid accent and stupid dress sense. Do you wanna help me put them in jail too?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by ChinenyeN(m): 4:17am On Oct 27, 2011
Certain things law/legality should never be involved with.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Kay17: 8:02am On Oct 27, 2011
@Sagamite
Disgust is a OVER subjective measure, it could be applied widely.
As to incest, some standards of morality permit it. The Ancient Egyptian and Hawaiian societies allowed incest in the royal families. Catholics have permitted incest among cousins and btw uncles and nieces or aunts and nephews.
And incest is not a criminal offence in Nigeria. However the certain danger of deformity of an offspring is one of main reasons for discouraging it.
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 9:29am On Oct 27, 2011
Kay 17:

@Sagamite
Disgust is a OVER subjective measure, it could be applied widely.
As to Inbreeding, some standards of morality permit it. The Ancient Egyptian and Hawaiian societies allowed Inbreeding in the royal families. Catholics have permitted Inbreeding among cousins and btw uncles and nieces or aunts and nephews.
And Inbreeding is not a criminal offence in Nigeria. However the certain danger of deformity of an offspring is one of main reasons for discouraging it.

Is that the answer to the questions I asked you?
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Kay17: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2011
What Question? The only question here is whether homosexuality is a right!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by Sagamite(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2011
Kay 17:

What Question? The only question here is whether homosexuality is a right!

You are a cretin!
Re: Homosexuals Storm National Assembly by MissC1: 12:16am On Jun 15, 2012
princekevo: i dont think this should be an issue to even be debated on the national Assembly, Infact those prostester should have been captured and put in a special Zoo, becoz they are jst different kinda species of mammals.
cool
princekevo: i dont think this should be an issue to even be debated on the national Assembly, Infact those prostester should have been captured and put in a special Zoo, becoz they are jst different kinda species of mammals.
u said notin bt d truth,unadulterated truth

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 5 In Uzo-uwani Enugu — Police / Mass Sack: Ngige Meets Senators Over Withdrawal Of Banks' License.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.