Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,725 members, 7,802,185 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari (32590 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / FEC: 7 Key Decisions Of Yesterday’s Meeting That May Change Nigeria / Cameroonian Army Captures Suleiman Shehu aka Naira, Boko Haram Top Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by uche87(m): 10:38am On Jul 21, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari vehemently criticised the past administration led by ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan during the presidential election campaign for failing in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency in Nigeria. Nigerians were cajoled by his former status as a military General which created the mental image of a King leading his village to victory in a war as we had in the olden days.

The best proactive steps ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan took was the usual condemnation of Boko Haram attacks via press statements and in over 30 days, President Muhammadu Buhari isn't far from that line. The President at the age of 72 right now must be realizing we only stop learning when we die; it’s easier to be a spectator or commentator than being the game player. Now that Nigerians have mandated him to operationalize his visions on curbing the Boko Haram sect, he has realized the heat the Cook endures at the kitchen while the master impatiently awaits his meals in the comfort of the living room.

Below are the 8 top worst decisions of President Muhammadu Buhari on the state of insecurity in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria:

(1) Nationwide dismantling of all military checkpoints:

On the 22th of June, 2015, Buhari ordered all military checkpoints in Nigeria to be dismantled. We all thought it was a viable strategy with a backup plan as the check points reduced the proliferation of light and heavy arms. This increased the attacks instantly that the Governor of Plateau, Simon Lalong had to defile the order of the President as he installed all the military checkpoints after the twin bomb blasts that hit the city of Jos on the 6th of July, 2015.

(2) Starting a probe of the Nigerian military on extra-judicial killings on the request of Amnesty International:
The decision by Buhari to launch a probe into the case of extra-judicial killings perpetrated by the Nigerian army as tabled by the Amnesty International was a wrong call. Soldiers were dying at the war front to save lives, families were losing their breadwinners and the greatest incentive a president could use to boost their morale was awaiting trial. Buhari is too experienced to be cowed by the antics of the international community. Wasn't this the same Buhari that stood his ground against the International Monetary Fund, IMF when they wanted to coerce him into obnoxious loan terms during his tenure as the Head of State from 1983 to 1985?

(3) Relocating the Nigerian Military Headquarters to Maiduguri:

The question I wish to ask anybody frowning at this view is that what has been the impact of the relocation of the military headquarters to Maiduguri which is the stronghold of the Boko Haram sect? The attacks have increased with the sect sticking to their old ways of massive suicide attacks since the relocation. This may be coming too early but Boko Haram's dynamism in strategies keeps beating the intelligence of our highly trained and overpaid security operatives. This is an anomaly.

(4) Retaining the Service Chiefs that failed ex President Goodluck Jonathan for over 30 days:

Going by the pattern of the ''blame game'', as Buhari faulted ex president Goodluck Jonathan over his poor handling of the Boko Haram sect, it is safe for Jonathan to blame the service chiefs namely Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah; the Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin and the Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu which he appointed, as they were directly in charge of the operations against the sect. Buhari did the unthinkable by retaining the same set of failing service chiefs in his administration for over a month and was mapping security strategies with the same set of people. The same sets of methods are bound to yield the same results. This questions the president's military credentials.

(5) Romance with the United State of America who is bent on compelling him to legalize same-sex marriage.

As a political scientist, I belong to the realist school of thought that believes the international system is a game of interests. It is not a community built around love and freebies. Buhari's intimate romance with the United States of America on security issues will lure him into taking decisions that conform to the interests of America and this mayn't cope with local realities. The United States Assistant Secretary of state for African affairs, Linda Thomas-Greenfield's recent statement of the U.S 'compelling' Nigeria to accept same-sex marriage is another case at hand. Who knows what America will ask for in return? Our sovereignty is on the line. Remember America spied of several French Presidents, Jacques Chirac, Nicolas Sarkozy
and Hollande, even listening to their phone calls despite the fact that U.S and France are allies.

(6) Exclusion of Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo on issues of national security:

On two occasions, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was locked out of meeting with security chiefs on the order of President Muhammadu Buhari as reported by the media. This gives us a feel of the dictatorial past. Osinbajo is a great intellectual asset in Nigeria that Buhari is yet to exploit. Osinbajo's economic views are stellar and I believe he can cover up for the excesses of Buhari on security issues.

(7) Negotiation/Amnesty for the Boko Haram sect:

An ardent follower of President Muhammadu Buhari will tell you he has virtually gone back on all his campaign promises which the leadership of the All Progressives Congress have termed as propaganda. APC national party leader and former governor of Lagos state, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu during the presidential election campaign suggested an amnesty programme for the faceless Boko Haram members which Buhari fiercely opposed to. I was impressed by Buhari's stand despite dead allegations that he is linked to the sect. Of recent, I was shocked to the marrow of my bones when Buhari told the press that he is open to a negotiation with the Boko Haram insurgents. We should recall the insincerity of the Boko Haram sect in negotiations which mocked the past administration of Goodluck Jonathan. Even if we want to negotiate, what will be Boko Haram's terms? Do they have a cause? Releasing their top leaders which they suggested in the past is like sharing your weaknesses with an opponent.

(cool Relocation of Boko Haram prisoners to the Ekwulobia prison in Anambra:
I am not against the Federal Government's directive or relocation of the 47 Boko Haram prisoners to any part of the country but why would Buhari sanction the relocation of high-level prisoners of the Boko Haram class to the Ekwulobia prison in Anambra state that is not even a 'maximum prison'? This poses a huge security risk due to the sect's records of successful jailbreaks in the past. The response of the Igbos was predictable to avoid undue attention of insurgents who have the financial power and military capability to orchestrate a collateral attack on any security facility.

In conclusion, my highlighted list is borne out of a desire for change in the poor security approach to Boko Haram in Nigeria and not hatred for President Muhammadu Buhari whose campaign train I joined from the first day he signified interest in the presidential seat.

source: http://villagetowncrier..com/2015/07/boko-haram-top-8-worst-decisions-of.html#sthash.Fvy9BTUR.dpuf

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by shadowripper(f): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2015
shalomm:

I use Fiber Optics so my network na fire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by shalomm: 10:40am On Jul 21, 2015
[quote author=shadowripper post=36115593]

I Won't comment until after three month.

Let us pray for the President

God bless the President

God Bless Nigeria

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by coolestrogue(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2015
The president is in the U S A, I will convey your message to him asa soon as he lands

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by shadowripper(f): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2015
shalomm:

you into ICT....lets talk

Abt what... 10yrs of experience and working as system analyst..

have time to do the kids fight today on NL
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by marshalcarter: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2015
Wanted to join the army undecidedooo...but...mba...me dey relocate to NAVYgrin
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by shalomm: 10:42am On Jul 21, 2015
shadowripper:

Abt what... 10yrs of experience and working as system analyst..

have time to do the kids fight today on NL

that's cool...for a lady.
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by shadowripper(f): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2015
shalomm:

that's cool...for a lady.

Handle might be deceiving... lol

I noticed Nairaland's antispam bot no dey stop female profile na him make me register female own.. lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by kamair237(m): 10:44am On Jul 21, 2015
Talk is cheap....

soo you think u have made a point....

PMB for life...

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by shalomm: 10:45am On Jul 21, 2015
shadowripper:

Handle might be deceiving... lol

I noticed Nairaland's antispam bot no dey stop female profile na him make me register female own.. lol

"I no say no be girl u be when u say 10 years experience and u come mention analyst. "

i just don't wanna drag it that is wht i said its cool for a lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by CR77(f): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2015
grin grin grin In Fayose's voice cheesy cheesy "Go and arrest Boko Haram" cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by KAYNINI(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
too early to call them mistakes - he will stabilize
he has never been a democratic ruler before
he will learn..................
I HOPE HE DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by tucky200(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Why ibo people con hate buhari like this undecided..
kestolove95:
Mumu president
Stupidity at it peak

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Demmocrats(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Op LEAVE buhari alone his human his prone to mistakes just like any other human.
www.
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Berrymoss(f): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Hot
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Burger01(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by fratermathy(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
What you deem mistakes, others will see them as good pointers. Apart from a few Nigerians, no one in this country has the leadership capacity and experience of our Incumbent president. So let's be careful when throwing stones. Don't act like you can do better when we both know you won't even be able to fight a group of docile dogs talk less of Boko Haram.
It is in our best interest that the president makes good decisions for us. Let's give him that chance.

Find out about the first Monotheistic Religion in Nigeria here:
https://www.nairaland.com/2462688/first-monotheistic-religion-nigeria-igbe

18 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by musulumi(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Front page now......................advancing !
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
TANOIDs no dey gree sha

14 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by amanze15(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by horlabiyi(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Oh

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Nothing he does will satisfy the wailers

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Flets: 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Buhari's biggest mistake is staying silent on the economy and delaying appointment of cabinet members till Sept.

In a bad economic state, no fight against terrorism can be sustained and chances are that will be more sectoral crises.

Does Buhari want to do the following:
1. Devalue the naira?
2. Remove or retain petrol subsidy?
3. Deregulate or maintain status quo on oil and gas downstream sector?
4. Issue more licenses on power sector or government take over?
5. Sustain ban on textile and furniture or help promote the local industry
6. Any subsidy for farmers?
7. Etc

These are the reasons why
1. Dollar sells for 245 naira in the parallel market
2. The stock market has lost over 1 trillion naira in the past six weeks
3. The volume of capital flight from the economy is the highest in history
4. A kilo of chicken has risen fron 700 naira to 1200 in the market
5. Petrol scarcity still persists, and for locations where itis available... It sells for over 100 naira per litre
6. There is huge economic uncertainty

In addition, Boko haram has continued slaughtering
Buhari has continued to mingle with a nation responsible for all the crises in the world today at the expense of nations who are ready to buy our crude
Niger Delta continues to give ultimatum
Fulani herdsmen has taken over north central
SE has taken the biafran struggle a notch higher
He has continued to make apointments along regional lines further widening the ethnic tensions across the land

And with the Iran crude hitting the market soon, and there are no policies or even technocrats to keep our economy ready...... The future of Nigeria looks very gloomy if nothing drastically happens before September.

The economy, finance sector, agricultural sector, and trade and commerce sectors cannot wait September. Aviation, transport, works, education etc can wait till Sept.

Enough of playing to the gallery, snapping pics and making a big deal of a US visit. Some aspects of our society need desperate attention.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Diesel1(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
I'm diesel calling from biafra land.... Pls tell me one reason hausa and yourba pple doesn't wanna go there own way... I guess they can't live without us lol

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Realdeals(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Haba, where are the best decisions? Or the writer of this article can't see any

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by kestolove95(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Mumu president

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Top 8 Worst Decisions Of President Muhammadu Buhari by Warlord3000(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Not again...

Don't you guys ever get tired of all this stunts...

Four years is a long time to try and keep up with this drama oo..

Haba

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Members Donate 124 Vehicles For Buhari’s 2019 Election / Will Amaechi And Fashola Make The Ministerial List? / Governors Shun Private Jets As Buhari's Body Language Hits Aviation Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.