Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion (18887 Views)

Olumba Olumba Warns Trump "You Must Stop Provoking God" / What was the traditional religion of the Hausas or fulani before Islam / ReligiousWar Against Traditional Religion: Anambra Pastor Burns Ukolo Uga Shrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
naijainfogalery:
That writer is the most confused human being on earth
- You claim white people made us senseless yet you praise education for making u brave, now who brought that education
- You said they took away our precious religion, You mean the blood sucking deity that takes pleasure in the bloods of virgins, twins , albino and stuffs yet it was these white people that made your grand fathers to stop doing those nonsense
- You claimed they brought some fake gods, I would rather worship a fake god that prevents me from killing my neighbour or sleeping with his wife than worship the one that lets me kill me neighbour in cold blood and even snatches his wife if i feel like

These so called bad people that brought white Jesus or stuff, you didnt reject their education, you loved it you even learn how to write in their language, they even thought you to think for yourself and be analytical that was why you could even have the brain to open this post in the first place,

The reasons why Africans would never grow is because they always think the whites are their problem, you can imagine? but it is still this people that comes to your rescue when you are in trouble. Africans are messed up

This fooool think say we no get education here in africa till d white man came...Jesus, I can't read further.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by killsmith(f): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2015
Physical slavery was fought against.... They resorted to mental slavery which involved eliminating our indigenous beliefs, intertwining their foreign belief to Western education... And instilling it in us... Truth be told, we will never be free.....

5 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by franconian: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
chuna1985:

This fooool think say we no get education here in africa till d white man came...Jesus, I can't read further.

grin grin grin His definition of education must be very myopic!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
datalossvictim1:
Hello everyone, Whilst recovering from a hangover I decided to scroll through Facebook and found this interesting piece by Chukwuka Igbomor.

-Thanks for this great documentary Nigeria used to be a great nation with its different regions until the Europeans came and robbed us naked they used RELIGION to kill our spirituality by giving us a fasle white god called jesus and they used politics to posses our teritory, and today Nigeria is like a nonetity of a nation.

While they use bad leaders who are sellouts and traitors to steal our resources and put us in darkness so that we will forever be dependent on them and their false teachings and ideologies... we Africans are so used to folding our hands and looking while our heads are beign cut off. most of us are content with foolishness, a lot of weak and ignorant minds who prefer to live in slavery than to die for freedom, we need brave hearts to stand up against foolishness and speak against this evil that is beign perpetuated in our own soil. We need to curb out this mentality of suffer suffer for world to enjoy for imaginery heaven. Our people accept suffering on earth thinking they will enjoy in heaven. Also we need to curb out this turn the other cheek mentality. Which Europeans used to rob us naked. We need to push out the evil African leaders who are in position of power only to sell us out to foreigners for their own selfish individual gains.

It can only be done by Us Africans standing up for the truth and against bad leadership and oppression. Education is the key to unlocking the doors to greatness like we once was the greatest nation on the planet now we are beign reduced to foolish people who sit and look while everything around us is in disarray. Our people have lost the ability to think critically for when u can believe snake spoke to eve and gave her apple to eat and give adam, once you can believe this fable as truth u can never be able to think critically and reasonably. They use such stories to see how gullible we can be so when they do their evil deeds we cant even reason to see its wrong.

When we are still calling Abraham, isaac and jacob our ancestors how can we have sense.
The problem with the African people who refuse to see reality of their situation cos their brains have been conditioned to accept suffering as normal, evil as normal and thus the Evil men of the world are having a laugh feeding on the ignorance of our people.-
SISTER OR WHATEVER!!!
YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE, NOT TO FORCE YOUR IDEOLOGY ON OTHERS.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:
You guys need to get your heads out of your pants, and face reality : Religion is not and has never been the drawback of any nation enough of this stupid reasoning.

And calling Jesus the whiteman god makes you look more stupi.d! undecided undecided
INFACT THERE HEAD IS STILL IN THERE BOXERS AND PANTS
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

If men sit comfortably on a seat without problems, do we blame the seat if a weakling sits on it and slips off?
undecided

When will you do away with the internet, English language and others, dont they make you feel inferior and do great harm to your psyche as a "progressive":man. undecided undecided
.... How is this a comparison to a multitude of people who smile at the deaths of their children because they believe a god would pay them back for their lives?

5 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by superior1: 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
datalossvictim1:
Hello everyone, Whilst recovering from a hangover I decided to scroll through Facebook and found this interesting piece by Chukwuka Igbomor.

-Thanks for this great documentary Nigeria used to be a great nation with its different regions until the Europeans came and robbed us naked they used RELIGION to kill our spirituality by giving us a fasle white god called jesus and they used politics to posses our teritory, and today Nigeria is like a nonetity of a nation.

While they use bad leaders who are sellouts and traitors to steal our resources and put us in darkness so that we will forever be dependent on them and their false teachings and ideologies... we Africans are so used to folding our hands and looking while our heads are beign cut off. most of us are content with foolishness, a lot of weak and ignorant minds who prefer to live in slavery than to die for freedom, we need brave hearts to stand up against foolishness and speak against this evil that is beign perpetuated in our own soil. We need to curb out this mentality of suffer suffer for world to enjoy for imaginery heaven. Our people accept suffering on earth thinking they will enjoy in heaven. Also we need to curb out this turn the other cheek mentality. Which Europeans used to rob us naked. We need to push out the evil African leaders who are in position of power only to sell us out to foreigners for their own selfish individual gains.

It can only be done by Us Africans standing up for the truth and against bad leadership and oppression. Education is the key to unlocking the doors to greatness like we once was the greatest nation on the planet now we are beign reduced to foolish people who sit and look while everything around us is in disarray. Our people have lost the ability to think critically for when u can believe snake spoke to eve and gave her apple to eat and give adam, once you can believe this fable as truth u can never be able to think critically and reasonably. They use such stories to see how gullible we can be so when they do their evil deeds we cant even reason to see its wrong.

When we are still calling Abraham, isaac and jacob our ancestors how can we have sense.
The problem with the African people who refuse to see reality of their situation cos their brains have been conditioned to accept suffering as normal, evil as normal and thus the Evil men of the world are having a laugh feeding on the ignorance of our people.-

I cant find anything thought provoking then the ranting of a confuse man who thought Christianity is the bane of his obvious mental and spiritual problems

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
.... How is this a comparison to a multitude of people who smile at the deaths of their children because they believe a god would pay them back for their lives?

Have you seen any Nigerian religionist smile at the death of their children for example undecided
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Have you seen any Nigerian religionist smile at the death of their children for example undecided

Yes...please google "nigerian pastor happy daughter died boko haram"(word for word) and see it for yourself....pull that pretty head out of delusion!

7 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]It was a rape of culture, belief and norms. It was a terrorism of traditional heritage and the emergence of an alien religion based on inferiority complex and background.

I took time to study into my traditional religion and i found nothing absolutely wrong with it.
Its not just christianity but islam too, both are middle east concepts and myths one propagated by the arabs and the other reworked by europians and sold to africans.

Before the missionaries came, African had their own religion, culture and tradition. we had our own little way of science and technology. . . They had knowledge in astrology, mathematics, music, medicine, biology, simple physics and many more.

e.g: Ancient igbos successfully divided the year into 365days of 4day in 1 week and 7weeks in one month and 13months in one year.

The foriegners came, they brought with them many magic like never seen before, they had a fire stick that can kill at just a click unlike our manually operated bow and hand thrown spears.

They had boxes that talked and then they laid claim to a better knowledge and we swallowed it. Its not wrong acquiring knowledge all round you but denying yours is the problem.

They criticized our Gods and termed them demons and evils but they said the one they brought was the best and the good one.
They threatened us with a place of forever burning and the end of the world and we fell for this fear.

It makes me wonder; How the African Gods that never threatened anybody with hell and end of the world was the bad one while the one they brought that derives pleasure in such threats is the good one.

They blamed us for a sin supposedly committed by their own mythical ancestors, they told us we were evil and bad and worthless that is why we needed to saved from what their God will do to us if we fail to believe it and leave ours

They raped our culture and our ways, we lost ourselves in the blind notion of seeing the light.

Fela Kuti said; Go to china, vietnam, korea. . "their culture is their teacher". Majority of
Chinese are buddist or other chinese traditional religion only a few are christians or muslims.

The chinese style of writing remains the main mode of writing even for their mobile phones and computer. The same china was colonized by britain, they embaced civilization but never lost or abandoned their ways and culture.

But africans carry other people's myth and beliefs in their head like it concerns them more while subjecting ours to neglect and abandonment.
An average christian can tell you the geneology of Jesus down to what ever but cannot mention his own geneology to his great grand father, same way an average muslim know more about muhammed than his own ancestors.

If the missionaries had packaged and brought Greek mythology here (God zeus)instead of jewish myth. Africans would have stilled believed it exactly same way they hype christianity.

Until we rightly identify our cultures and our ways and make a stand to preserve them, we would always be lost in the vacuum of other people's culture
[/b]

were you not the one that called African science superstion?
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Yes...please google "nigerian pastor happy daughter died boko haram"?(word for word) and see it for yourself....pull that pretty head out of delusion!

*sigh* you see i know you guys aint that smart, but i expect that wif the time you guys have spent on the internet, you must have "churned" something upstairs.

I asked you if you've seen a Nigerian religionist happy at the death of their children, and you said i should go to google Like are you for real i should see a probably cooked up story?? you forgot your standards already?? pls read my post again undecided undecided

If there were Nigerian religionists like this everywhere, do i need Google to know?

break dude smiley
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by chynes(f): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Yes...please google "nigerian pastor happy daughter died boko haram"(word for word) and see it for yourself....pull that pretty head out of delusion!
You really are not paying attention. He asked if you have seen a Nigerian traditional religionists happy about their child dying and you said to Google pastor happy his daughter died of boko haram! Since when do pastors practice Nigerian traditional religions ?
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

*sigh* you see i know you guys aint that smart, but i expect that wif the time you guys have spent on the internet, you must have "churned" something upstairs.
I never claimed to be a genius...it doesn't take much to cripple that which is false..

I asked you if you've seen a Nigerian religionist happy at the death of their children, and you said i should go to google Like are you for real i should see a probably cooked up story?? you forgot your standards already?? pls read my post again undecided undecided

If there were Nigerian religionists like this everywhere, do i need Google to know?

break dude smiley

wow....we are on the internet right now...what method would i use to show anything? And yes,i've seen people rejoicing at the death of their children because i've worked and preached in a church before(specifically Living Faith Church)...

This isn't even something new,it's done at sudden death of infants when a pastor tells grieving parents to rejoice for "god is always good"...it is even sickening when it's the parents that are worker's in the church,they'll be the one smiling and telling everyone the child is "with the lord"..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
After years of contemplating on why we(Africans) are underdeveloped, I had one conclusion.

We don't have a recorded history, no writings, only stale tales of our fore-fathers. No concrete evidence of our living before they(white men) came. Nothing to really boast about. We can't stand with our heads held high like the Chinese. We lack true heroes, no immortalised sculptures of great war lords (only sculptures of deities.)

No writing, no written language, thus nothing to really call our own.

Think about it..

2 Likes

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
chynes:

You really are not paying attention. He asked if you have seen a Nigerian traditional religionists happy about their child dying and you said to Google pastor happy his daughter died of boko haram! Since when do pastors practice Nigerian traditional religions ?
Please do you see "traditional religionist" below

An2elect2:

And i finally answered yes,i have seen...the google part was a bonus for anyone not paying attention because most people don't focus when christians justify evil deeds with "god is always good"...
smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
good nice one op but dont blame foreigners tho we are not the only country that was colonized.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
I never claimed to be a genius...it doesn't take much to cripple that which is false..
wow....we are on the internet right now...what method would i use to show anything? And yes,i've seen people rejoicing at the death of their children because i've worked and preached in a church before(specifically Living Faith Church)...

This isn't even something new,it's done at sudden death of infants when a pastor tells grieving parents to rejoice for "god is always good"...it is even sickening when it's the parents that are worker's in the church,they'll be the one smiling and telling everyone the child is "with the lord"..

Do you honestly think that a parent will burst into joy over the death of his/her child without mourning that child or without grief??

Why do you think the pastor asked them to rejoice(not in support of this) if they were already rejoicing??

Can you be sincere?
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2015
chiedu7:
[color=#000099][size=14pt]African gods are nothing but idols made with the hands of men as the bible puts it.[/size]

[size=14pt]....... and arab idols are GOD from heaven,... abi?? [/size]
[size=15pt]stup!d slaves ! [/size]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Please do you see "traditional religionist" below

And i finally answered yes,i have seen...the google part was a bonus for anyone not paying attention because most people don't focus when christians justify evil deeds with "god is always good"...
smiley

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Do you honestly think that a parent will burst into joy over the death of his/her child without mourning that child or without grief??
I don't just think,i've seen...it's the result of strict adherence to a belief system....it's the same way shekau can slaughter people and make a video laughing and justifying his deeds...that's what strict obedience to belief does....makes you into a loony.

Why do you think the pastor asked them to rejoice(not in support of this) if they were already rejoicing??
To justify his emotions for others who do not support it...that's the norm in christendom and differing opinions are what constitute the over 40,000 denominations of it..

Can you be sincere?

I pride honesty above anything else..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Dumbfounded as usual grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by chukkystar(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
Anti Christ Post
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
I don't just think,i've seen...
To justify his emotions for others who do not support it...that's the norm in christendom and differing opinions are what constitute the over 40,000 denominations of it..

I pride honesty above anything else..

Dude you lie.

Any body who has seen a religious parent or a parent not grieve over the death of their child whether before, at or after anybody? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
Dumbfounded as usual grin
you wish smiley
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by johnydon22(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
chukkystar:
Anti Christ Post
Its Anti- Allah too. . . what ever you tag it, nobody gives a shiit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

Dude you lie.

Any body who has seen a religious parent or a parent not grieve over the death of their child whether before, at or after anybody? undecided undecided

I'm not lying....they'd say the usual "take heart...blah blah blah" first but the rest is now cheering up that god is good and his decision is the best and to rejoice so that you'd meet them "at the bossom of the lord"

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

you wish smiley
wink
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:32pm On Jul 21, 2015
chukkystar:
Anti Christ Post
It definitely is! no matter the robe on it, we know its antiCHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by An2elect2(f): 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
davien:
I'm not lying....they'd say the usual "take heart...blah blah blah" first but the rest is now cheering up that god is good and his decision is the best and to rejoice so that you'd meet them "at the bossom of the lord"

There was still grief in their hearts.

How else would you console a religious man? undecided
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2015
U believe our old gods are real. gods like amadioha, sango, Ogun & the others.

But U don't believe in the existence of their creator.

U don't believe in the existence Of the Alpha God, The Supreme being, The Most High God.

The creator of the devil himself who then created these divinities U believe in.

The freedom Jesus gave us to sin & live without immediate punishment has really given U some guts Sis. Please repent.
Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by davien(m): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2015
An2elect2:

There was still grief in their hearts.

How else would you console a religious man? undecided

Not when you're high on religion and start making a fuss that you know your daughter is in heaven waiting for you... Religious people never want to feel sad,so they'll make countless justifications to stay happy..

Or wouldn't you make a justification for the sudden death of your family member? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thought Provoking Analysis On Non Traditional Religion by no2fuks(m): 2:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
datalossvictim1:

I honestly think that when an African practices his own religion, it gives him a sense of superiority and power and also moral fear. This does not mean that the traditional religion itself is perfect or closed to evolution.

Haha I support guru maharaji.

god bless you op

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Denies 80 Nigerians Were Deported From Indonesia Because Of Him / Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup / 3 Types Of Churchgoers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.