Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,946 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her (34009 Views)

Before And After Photos Of Rashidi Yekini’s Mother’s House... / John Obi Mikel Changes His Name After Nigeria Mistake 13 Years Ago / Rashidi Yekini's Abandoned House In Ibadan As He Marks 4th Anniversary 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by onlyme12: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2015
The daughter of late Africa Soccer legend, Rashidi Yekini, Yemisi, will this weekend be traveling to Portugal to hold talks with Portuguese club Victoria Setubal as regards her planned Foundation for her late dad.

Victoria Setubal is arguably the biggest foreign club Yekini played for in his active days. The club has been supportive of any move to immortalise their former hero who they fondly referred to as ‘Black god’.

In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES, the Yekini’s lawyer, Jubril Mohammed, confirmed the planned trip by Yemisi to Portugal adding that the girl has resorted to seeking help outside the shores of the country as very little assistance has come from Nigeria as regards properly immortalising the former African Footballer of the Year.

“Yes, Yemisi should be in Portugal from the 25th of July; she plans to spend her vacation there and more importantly hold discussions with officials of Victoria Setubal on her planned Foundation for her late dad. She is not getting the desired help here so she has to go to where she is wanted,” the lawyer stated.

Mr. Jubril said he is confident that the trip to Portugal will yield the positive results for the Rashidi Yekini Foundation especially going by the reception Yemisi received during her maiden visit to Victoria Setubal.

Yemisi, 19, visited her dad’s former club in August 2014 and she confessed she never knew that the late Yekini was so adored in a foreign country like Portugal.

“I feel very honoured and proud to know that my father had much impact here. I am very happy and excited. It is one of the happiest days of my life,” she told the Portuguese club’s official website after her last visit.

“My father died about two years ago and I wanted to know a bit of the city and the club he represented in Portugal. Despite him being a very private person and did not talk much of his career, I always got used to view his photos as a player and the trophies he won. I know he was very happy in Victoria,” she added.

Meanwhile, the recent decision by the League Management Company to accept the proposal to name the highest goals scorer award category of the Nigeria Premier League after the Yekini has been applauded.

“We are grateful, they gave our proposal a favourable look-in, and it is a step in the right direction,” Mr. Jubril concluded.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/more-sports-news/186974-yekinis-daughter-to-meet-portugal-club-over-fathers-foundation.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by kamair237(m): 11:54am On Jul 21, 2015
Je dédie ce à PMB ...à ma famile .... pour tous ceux en dessous de moi ... et à tous les étrangers sur Nairaland ...
FTC après un mois sur ohh douce NL ..

4 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by feedthenation(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2015
So sad that nothing is been done to provide a befitting legacy for this football icon in Nigeria, no wonder our sport stars will do everything to change their nationality.

Shame on the NFA and other football agencies in Nigeria.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by onyeguy: 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by naijainfogalery: 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Nigeria sucks for one thing, they dont give a shiit about legends or heroes ,

America/Britain has a list of all their soldiers that died during the World War I & II inscribed rocks , Their great grand children can go there to see how brave their great dad was, but my dear Nigeria doesnt even have the names of all the soldiers that died during the boko haram insurgence talkless of a Rashidi Yekini that stopped playing football a long time.

May God give us that sense to start appreciating human lives, Last week i was watching on CNN where Britain was mourning the terrorist attack that happened 10 years ago and the whole nation observed a minute silence for people that died 10 years ago, where as right here for Naija we dont even give a minute silence for people that died today

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by pretydiva(f): 12:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
Eya..i pray dey give her d assistance she needs...naija hardly value her own
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by kingstylo01(m): 12:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
NFA, NFF, NPL (whatefa)

In less than one sentence, tell us why you rejected her offer ??

SMH angry

3 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Berrymoss(f): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
Chai

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by wachakuta(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
Useless con3
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Georgekyrian(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2015
We dey
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by pocohantas(f): 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
She doesn't look 20. Kids be ageing more than their deities these days.

Oh Rashidi...I don't want to remember his death. Very painful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by ForcefullBULL: 12:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
pretydiva:
Eya..i pray dey give her d assistance she needs...naija hardly value her own

PRAYER WARRIOR
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by shadowripper(f): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
good for her
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
When she blows now,they will start bootlicking.
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by deebsman1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Tobilastik(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
eeeehya goodluck girl
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Shehucom(m): 12:08pm On Jul 21, 2015
That woman is 19

6 Likes

Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Beno3: 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
cool!
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by Chestar5(f): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Ok osad
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by katiemadubiko: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by opefio: 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
that is really so good of portugal
Re: Rashidi Yekinis Daughter To Meet Portugal Club After Nigeria ‘ignored’ Her by hemartins(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2015
good for her

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Celebrates His Mother's Birthday; Shares Cute Photos With His Parents / What Was Your Observation In The Nigeria Vs Argentina Match? / Daniel Daudu, Basketballer Dies In The USA (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.