Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,486 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student (27355 Views)

Nigerian Final Year Students Develop Solar Water Heater (SEE Photos N Video) / A Young Boy Constructed An Aeroplane In Enugu State (Photos) / Nigerian Constructed A Moving Tricycle Plane(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Rukiwealth(f): 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by BeauHomme: 2:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
Anything assembled and put on nairaland is tagged "invention". Solar water heaters, solar refrigerators, solar seed dryers, even solar iceblock makers litter the mech engr, agric engr, physics etc depts of most Nigerian institutions, designed and fabricated/assembled by previous final year sets as their final projects. This work is as old as old can be.

That won't stop me either from congratulating the "inventor", for the successful completion of his project.
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Youngmolis: 2:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
tongue Say no 2 boko haram
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by rollex4ever: 3:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
This is a welcome development. It will greatly be of help in Plateau state, if no other place.
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
trapQ:
I'm a science student too.
How do you know he just connected a water heater to a solar panel. You know we would really move forward as a country if start appreciating our own works. If it was a US student who did that, you wouldn't question the authenticity.
i dont justify medocrity.
He did well but its not anything phenomenal
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Blakjewelry(m): 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2015
This is crap for a final year student
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Blakjewelry:
This is crap for a final year student
especially in physics. undecided

He should be ashamed really. undecided
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Blakjewelry(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
especially in physics. undecided

He should be ashamed really. undecided
Seriously! when am done with plans, I think we should be holding inter-school science exhibition more like a competition. We can use the process to raise funds for sponsorship of viable scientific research and project.
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by KELVIN086: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

i am a science student, although he is creative but his invention isnt just it.
Its just like me connecting a water heater to a solar panel and call myself an inventor.
It shows inferiority complex.

That is the truth mehn ,if op knows what igbinedion university students are designing.

how on earth can someone connect a solar panel to a water heater and call it an invention and i believe that is someone's final year project in that school
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
KELVIN086:

This is the truth mehn ,if op knows what igbinedion university students are designing.
abi?
Even UNILAG sef
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by scarr: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
ITSaWRAPOUTFITS:
Nigerians got talent

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below
installmental payments accepted?
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
Blakjewelry:

Seriously! when am done with plans, I think we should be holding inter-school science exhibition more like a competition. We can use the process to raise funds for sponsorship of viable scientific research and project.
interschool competitions?
Between universities?
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:
abi?
Even UNILAG sef
smh.
Give me one example. undecided
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Pakingzzz(m): 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
Do you have any unused items no matter the shape and state of the items??

You can sell these items for a pretty well good price..
There's a platform I shall tell you that will advertise your unused items, and in no time you will begin to receive calls from interested buyers.
You would be wondering; what kind of unused items can i sell on that platform right?
Here's what you could sell on that platform. You can sell your old or second hand fridge, gas cooker, phones, inverters, solar accessories, TV, DVD, PC, laptop, dstv decoder, bicycle, watches, headphones, computer accessories, bikes, bike spare parts, cars, car spare parts. Just anything you can think of that has a tint of value left in them.
Here's the crux of the matter; Statics have shown that there are some people out there, desperately in need of these item of yours..
To get a deep insight on how and the place to sell these items of yours, please you may visit HERE
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by dmz1: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:
Hmm...ok!
Cool! At least he invented something!
But as an Inventor, I'd like to ask him about the
benefits of what he did? Who needs hot water on
a sunny day?
Looking at it from another angle, it could be used
as a water purifyer but at 75 degrees? I don't
think the water is boiled enough to kill its germs.
But hey! Its a good one from the student, We
start from somewhere and grow to become even
better, but we have to tackle life problems with
our inventions...that's what makes a good
inventor.

it can seriously reduce the amount you spend on energy. imagine if you want to boil water for preparing eba, you just need a little heat more to bring the water already at 70°C to boil, thereby saving your kerosene or gas. likewise when cooking other types of food.
but then this is not an invention the right word should have been " constructed"
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by ibrokola(m): 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:
Hmm...ok!

But as an Inventor, I'd like to ask him about the benefits of what he did? Who needs hot water on a sunny day?

Looking at it from another angle, it could be used as a water purifyer but at 75 degrees? I don't think the water is boiled enough to kill its germs.

But hey! Its a good one from the student, We start from somewhere and grow to become even better, but we have to tackle life problems with our inventions...that's what makes a good inventor.
I thought about it too and realized that people do cook in the afternoons also and hot water is required!
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by slimfit1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 21, 2015
Darkseid:
I used to do this when I was still a kid.We used to our buckets under the sun to heat up.So its not new.

Hahahahahajah
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by slimfit1(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
Build the one that can power a fridge and you will become a millionaire my man you are good but you need to be smart. Necessity is the mother of invention, this is not necessary sorry 3 out of 10 my brother.
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Blakjewelry(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Between universities?
Yes. The plan is all science and tech University exhibition, it will be hosted by different University every year and sure there will be winners. It help to stimulate creativity
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Blakjewelry(m): 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
Between universities?
Yes. The plan is all science and tech University exhibition, it will be hosted by different University every year and sure there will be winners. It will help to stimulate creativity and make our schools work harder
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by nextdoor84(m): 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Unimaid rocks jare...... wonderful memories of that school. .From SE 101 to Unimaid walks to Acada area...good times!!!
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Gannyradical(m): 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
This invention seems fantastic but inappropriate from somebody from university of Maiduguri, the headquarters of Boko Haram. I think what the lecturers and student should be after is the invention of a device that would detect from distance any deadly weapon that might be concealed in the body of these suicide bombers. The research must start now so that we can stop boko haram before they stop us.
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by caugann(m): 9:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Waoo!...brilliant one.
Can u please send me his details via : nnadozieuac@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks!
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by ModiKen(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dis is very cool but it is a technology already in use in all countries in Europe
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
Hmm...ok!

But as an Inventor, I'd like to ask him about the benefits of what he did? Who needs hot water on a sunny day?

Looking at it from another angle, it could be used as a water purifyer but at 75 degrees? I don't think the water is boiled enough to kill its germs.

But hey! Its a good one from the student, We start from somewhere and grow to become even better, but we have to tackle life problems with our inventions...that's what makes a good inventor.
Invented! ? Solar water heater has been existing for over. A decade now
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by flywheel(m): 9:47am On Jul 22, 2015
RobinHez:
Hmm...ok!

I did exactly this project but a prototype for the boarding school I was posted to at Bayelsa State during their S.S.3 Science Debut competition(State wise) sometime last year, the answer to ur question is...it comes in very handy for nearly all weathers especially very cold weathers in the presence of even little sunlight, ambient temperature precisely, where students in boarding schools who are not allowed to bring electrical devices to boil water for bath and to prepare for themselves hot tea for breakfast grin, also for sailors where electricity units ought to be minimized for bathing and of cos hot tea too wink , and on the contrary I strongly believe mine boils above 75 degrees I mistakenly poured some little quantity on it on my tongue after less than ten minutes of refilling its tube chamber and it burned my tongue cry, gosh I couldn't eat solid food for 3 days, I faced the challenge of insufficient equipments needed so I couldn't check the max. Temp reached but the project was a success and I give kudos to the OP for coming up with a similar idea cool
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Rubyventures: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2015
donxab:

Invented! ? Solar water heater has been existing for over. A decade now

.................and this becomes a success when Nigeria decides to mass produce it and almost every home is using it, until then it is a new invention to Nigerians
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by jamalchance(m): 9:58am On Jul 22, 2015
KINI BIG DEAL...
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
toxiflam:
cool, 1 question, How do I get hot water on a very cold and rainy day?
Wuno no get nepa 4 sambisa?
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
If you want to be made, come to UNIMAID
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2015
Darkseid:
I used to do this when I was still a kid.We used to our buckets under the sun to heat up.So its not new.
hmmm! You go fear English... I hail o... Mr gbagaun!
Re: Constructed Solar Water Heater By A UNIMAID Final Year Student by Sasuwa(f): 1:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nigerians and mediocrity, a celebrity will flaunt her cleavage or bumbum and they comment nice, gud etc
but someone sat down and put up a project, the message their ithink is constructed from locally available materials and not invented.
Locally available materials encouraging local production and consumption
I think if those criticizing will be asked to construct something from local materials they will unstand what message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Owl Killed In My Office This Morning / 1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos) / 100 Years On, Gravitational Waves Confirmed In Breakthrough Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.