Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! (82087 Views)

Katsina University Religious Regulation: An Illegality Taken Too Far / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission / Investigations On The Alleged "New Jamb Eligibility Regulation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2015
dharay99:

kk,plz mail me ur passport, I wanna check d length b4 i qo ahead.
ok....give me a minute
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Efostick(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2015
3 of my friends checked nd their names weren't there...

Immediate Action is needed angry
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:

yes bro...this thread should give me some time, am about subscribing for a data plan, lemme carry out my investigations.

thanks.

cc cutemaryJ
okay then. That's cool. smiley
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
simba1:
Both you, and the person wey like this ur post, una two no get sense at all

Wetin come bring being bigotic here?

Pukka36 give him one K. grin
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by opeaceo: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
FrancisTony:
The most ridiculous is that a friend with 254 for LAW was told she's not eligible. cry

She is not an indigene.
Thunder fire Dibu Ojerinde and Prof. Rahmon Bello! angry

Easy dude, 254 for law is kinda low if you ask me.

I just hope the protest works because the security men misbehave sometimes.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by simba1: 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
What did I tell u about taking ogogoro @ evening?
Scrypt:

Pukka36 give him one K. grin
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CuteMaryJ: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2015
opeaceo:

It will be a peaceful protest and besides, the security officials also have their kids in the same mess.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by opeaceo: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
It will be a peaceful protest and besides, the security officials also have their kids in the same mess.

Most times, the security men don't like students protesting at the main gate, trust me, they'll do everything possible to disrupt it. Why not try the back gate

And for the security officials, my dear, they'll find a way for their kids.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
opeaceo:

Law has 5,000+ applicants.
Business administration has 4,000+ and someone with 226 for business admin was told she's eligible.

Two people with 236 and 228 for finance was told ineligible and a lady with 214 was declared eligible. undecided
Biochemistry has 697 applicants, Microbiology 978 and someone with 219 for BCH was given ineligible while 220 for MCB was given eligible. angry sad
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by opeaceo: 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

Business administration has 4,000+ and someone with 226 for business admin was told she's eligible.

Two people with 236 and 228 for finance was told ineligible and a lady with 214 was declared eligible. undecided
Biochemistry has 697 applicants, Microbiology 978 and someone with 219 for BCH was given ineligible while 220 for MCB was given eligible. angry sad

My apologies for seeing things the other way round, I think you all should come together, write to jamb and the school demanding an explanation for the whole ish.

"I follow una confuse"

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by UromOta(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:

the only way to do that is here https://uniben.waeup.org/applicants but the application hasnt been open so keep calm.

and like i said,, its only affecting Unilag 4 now...."top5 university" theory is just mere speculations 4 now.
uniilorin nd michael okpara uni are also affected. Check dia skl websites.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by adeshola1(m): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
following #sadmood
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

where do you get the figures for applicants per course?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
Teempakguy:
where do you get the figures for applicants per course?
I have the PDF file.
Got it from jamb website.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
FrancisTony:

I have the PDF file.
Got it from jamb website.
okay. I will try to find it.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by kristen12(f): 8:33pm On Jul 21, 2015
This shii is real. I'm feeling bad for some people.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Pukka36(f): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:

the only way to do that is here https://uniben.waeup.org/applicants but the application hasnt been open so keep calm.

and like i said,, its only affecting Unilag 4 now...."top5 university" theory is just mere speculations 4 now.
Lol,I hope xo,thankscheesy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by iameugene(m): 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2015
Please i hope it will have a solution undecided
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by zaheld: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2015
there is going to be a protest at unilag gate tomorrow let all be there by 8am to stop this I score 236 and my name is not there
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by rman: 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2015
The is common logic been applied.

If 4000 score above 200 for the same course eg accounting at Unilag, it doesn't make sense anymore for Unilag to conduct post UME for all due to the large number.

So, the logical thing to do is to raise the bar to maybe 280 for post UME, to reduce the number to around 500 out of which only the best 200 or less will be admitted.

If the process is fair and transparent, I support it. What JAMB or the schools need to do is to communicate this to applicants on time (those that didn't meet cut off mark) and suggest schools within the same region that are not so competitive.

At the end of the majority of candidates with high marks should be spread across the schools based on demand. This will eradicate the era of 180 qualified to study Medicine in Sokoto due to lack of applicants while 290 will be dropped at UniIlorin the same year and exam.

3 Likes

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 9:01pm On Jul 21, 2015
Chai! Pls what was ur JAMB score, and what state are u from?
mayriann:
This is serious
I tried to login to unilag portal but its displaying what you posted. The problem now is how do i know the school I was transferred to.
Jamb should please clarify this.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Venus007(f): 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez Me I cant keep calm oh! The eba I jst swallowd no gree go dwn sef! I wan die here! I scored 267, 4 Med in UNIBEN. If dey transfer me to Borno nko? Keep calm fire!!!
Pukka36:
Lol,I hope xo,thankscheesy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
Venus007:
Robin Hez Me I cant keep calm oh! The eba I jst swallowd no gree go dwn sef! I wan die here! I scored 267, 4 Med in UNIBEN. If dey transfer me to Borno nko? Keep calm fire!!!
sir...i've been able to debunk it, but am creating a new thread in reference to this thread.

cc teempakguy
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2015
@cutemaryJ and @francistony

have u guys already registered for the post utme process?
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
[size=20pt]staging a protest now...isnt the wisest choice....please!!![/size]
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by marwanafrica: 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dem no feet
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:
@cutemaryJ and @francistony
have u guys already registered for the post utme process?
No! One has to verify his/her eligibility before proceeding.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by CuteMaryJ: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2015
RobinHez:
[size=20pt]staging a protest now...isnt the wisest choice....please!!![/size]
And what is the wisest?

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
CuteMaryJ:
And what is the wisest?
get all facts....

u cant stage a protest on something u're not totally sure about na.
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by BANGERLEE1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 21, 2015
@Op you said jamb posted it on thr website? I couldn't see that.... I think Unilag is just having problem transmitting thr candidates details... Its a temporary problem... This is not jamb doing...
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by jamesbawa(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
i dnt think its true... jamb can't try this sh!t

they can't walahi!
Re: SHOCKING: Illegal New Jamb Eligibility Regulation Is Very Real!!! by RobinHez(m): 9:54pm On Jul 21, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

ASUP Strike / Problems Of Research Methodology In Nigeria / Guys Kiss & Grab Boobs Of Osun College Of Education Student As They Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.