Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Amazing: Lionel Messi In Gabon, Country’s President Becomes His Personal Driver - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amazing: Lionel Messi In Gabon, Country’s President Becomes His Personal Driver (1172 Views)

Gernot Rohr Off To Gabon For AFCON / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea / Lionel Messi Quits Argentina National After Copa Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing: Lionel Messi In Gabon, Country’s President Becomes His Personal Driver by Stoja: 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
While his Barcelona teammates were preparing for their pre-season tour in the USA, Lionel Messi made a quick trip to Gabon over the weekend.

Lionel Messi made a quick trip to Gabon over the weekend
Lionel Messi made a quick trip to Gabon over the weekend.

The footballer was invited to the African country to lay the first stone at a future African Cup of Nations’ stadium.

It was Messi’s first visit to Gabon, therefore, footballer’s fans were understandably excited to see four-time world player of the year with their own eyes.

Messi in Gabon
The Argentinian forward was accompanied by Gabon President Ali Bongo.

The BBC reports that the official ceremony took place on a wide sandy ground where the stadium will be built. The Argentinian forward was accompanied by Gabon President Ali Bongo.

“When I was in Barcelona a few years ago, I met Messi who had told me that he would come to visit me in Libreville (the country’s capital). It’s a promise he made me. He is a man of honour who just kept his word,” the president said.

Messi in Gabon 2

France Football reports that Barcelona striker was paid a €3.6 million appearance fee by the African country’s government for the honour of his brief presence.

Messi in Gabon

Gabon President Ali Bongo and Lionel Messi
Gabon President Ali Bongo and Lionel Messi

See more: http://getlistednigeria.com/amazing-lionel-messi-in-gabon-countrys-president-becomes-his-personal-driver-photos/

Re: Amazing: Lionel Messi In Gabon, Country’s President Becomes His Personal Driver by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
a whole president!! chai. see how blacks are worshipping this white man embarassed
I bet if it was an African footballer dat came to Argentina, hmmmm make I no talk sha.

1 Like

Re: Amazing: Lionel Messi In Gabon, Country’s President Becomes His Personal Driver by Stoja: 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
a whole president!! chai. see how blacks are worshipping this white man embarassed
I bet if it was an African footballer dat came to Argentina, hmmmm make I no talk sha.

If you were that President, what would you have done?

(1) (Reply)

Predict And Win N10,000 Free With Naijabet.com! / WWE Raw 30.november.2015 Full Show, Results, Monday Night Raw All Fights, Video / 8 Inch Hoverboard Two Wheels Electric Self Balancing Scooter As Outdoor Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.