Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty (27845 Views)

Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off / Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos / All About JOS The Sweet And Non Expensive Nigerian City! (exclusive Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by LETJO: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
Demmocrats:
What about the bomb explosions I taught by now the place would be like war zone.
www.
believe u me even with d recent problems in Jos, its still the best place to be.

1 Like

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Deltagiant: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
I love the city THEN, it was safe

Enugu comes close to her in scenery and life style

3 Likes

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Intendy: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
25omega:
Oh men!!! i went to fgc jos and that first picture looked like the stream behind our school. Jos was a very interesting place. cold as hell but beautiful scenery.
along Zaria road opp. mechanic village?
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by islandmoon: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
All the green bean, irish potates, cabbage, strawberry, moringa you see Nigeria are grown in Jos!

If the season come ,them no born you make you no bath with hot water, if you boil hot water in jos and you delay, the water will turn to cold water in 5min

The only town where the heater in your car is useful in Nigeria
Town where some people use heater in their room
If you go to bassa, hahahahah, you will freeze

I studied in university of Jos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by taayourty(m): 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
From the first day I stepped my foot on Jos, I had never wanted to stay away. Such a nice city. I love Jos, I love God's Love my sweet heart!
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Immarocks(f): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
boman2014:
https://plateaunewsonline./2013/04/10/burukutu-and-pito-plateaus-twin-magic-drinks/

una wan intoxicate oyinbo with BKT abi.....I miss pito,its long I visited grandma....
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by idbami2(m): 7:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Immarocks:
wants wrong with having dark skin......besides she knows nothing of wat she speaks

proudly jos...tified
Nthng wrng with dark skin.. In fact, I love 'darrrk skinned'.. You dark skinnedd?

1 Like

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by JuicyTesticles: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
Islam has destroyed Jos

1 Like

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by enomakos(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jos the coolest city in nigeria
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Skymiyke(f): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
What about their dark skinned girls?
How many have you come across?
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by cold(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Burukutu ko pito za mu sha
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
if the money is not well earned nko
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by wealthpos(f): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
soleexx:
Coldest city in west Africa

Try Senegal and you will think you are in Europe.
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jovago:

Originally called ‘Gwash’ until anglicized to ‘Jos” by the colonialists, the city is one of the most picturesque in Nigeria. A choice destination for tourists interested in the Middle belt region of the country, it is features a temperate climate, magnificent geography, landmarks, and mind-blowing tourist attractions.

Aside from occasional unrests driven by underground terrorists, the city is calm and nurturing. It is full of amazing contrasts, and never ceases to stun with its magnitude of dimensions and themes which are there to be discovered, immersed and understood by the inquisitive visitor. The city may be an acquired taste and your first impressions straight off the bus may not be positive. But the vibe and drive of Plateau’s capital are infectious if you give it time. Jovago.com showcases the beauty called Jos!

TOP THREE SITES

The Jos Museum

Established in 1952 by Bernard Fagg, the Jos Musuem is one of the oldest museums in the country. A centre for research into prehistoric culture, it boasts of Nok terracotta heads and artifacts dating from between 500 BC to AD 200 as well as life-size replicas of a variety of buildings including the walls of Kano and the Mosque at Zaria to a Tiv village.

The Jos Wild Life Park

Set up in honor of the African heads of state by the Organisation of African Unity (OAU) to in response to a mandate set aside one third of their landmass as conservation areas, the wild life park is almost as old as the city itself. It is habitat to a variety of animal species including reptiles, mammals, primates, and birds, and certainly a treat for lovers of wildlife.

Assop Waterall

Occurring naturally at the bottom of the famous Hawan Kibo, Assop waterfall is a truly scenic landscape with a corresponding warm ambience. The spot is perfect for picnic and other social events.

Lodging

From hotels to camping, the town boasts a wide range of accommodation for all budgets and all tastes.

With Jovago.com offering about 190 hotels here, first-time visitors are provided with as many as options as possible. Finding the right hotel in a Jos however is easy as Jos is not an expensive city, and you are bound to have a good trip.

Popular hotels for tourist and visitors include Hill Station, Crest, City Lodge and Metro Prime hotels.

Eating

Jos as a city has come a long way in recent years with regards to dining. Restaurants in Jos cater to all tastes. From cheap meals to quality dining, there is something for every palate and wallet.

Try one of the old fashioned bukkahs for tasty local treats, or make a reservation at one of the cities premiere restaurants, many of which are located away from the tourist corridors. You can taste traditional foods of the Hausas who dominate the location or take a culinary trip to other parts of the country as well at top restaurants during your stay in Jos.

Although haute cuisine may be pricey, one may eat in Jos fairly cheaply and steer clear of fast foods bristos at the same time. Some of the famous restaurants include; King Bite, Garden Chinese and continental, Elysar Chinese and Lebanese restaurant and Bevelyns restaurants.

Shopping

Unlike Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt, Jos is not for hard-core shoppers, but visitors can still find plenty to spend their well-earned money[color=#990000][/color] on.

Jos is seeing true growth in the number of shops available and the number of brands that are starting to storefronts. Whether it is boutiques, shopping complexes, dusty family stores or local markets, a day spent shopping can result in both bargains and treasures.

Fun Fact

The Jos Plateau Indigo bird, a small reddish-brown bird, is found nowhere else on earth besides Plateau state, Nigeria
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Skymiyke(f): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jostified!

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jovago:

The Jos Wild Life Park

Unlike Lagos, Abuja or Port Harcourt, Jos is not for hard-core shoppers, but visitors can still find plenty to [size=15pt]spend their well-earned money[/size] on.

Jos is seeing true growth in the number of shop...
If the money is not well earned nko
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by kodlins(f): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
NYSC in Jos was the best experience I ever had after FGGC.

Jos Tamar oh
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by IdJack(m): 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
Remember that JOS now is the centre of Bomb ooo....Wishing u luck
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
What about their dark skinned girls?

What about them?
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
idbami2:
All Jos girls are dark skinnedd?

Na white-skinned u want?
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ephemmm:
The land has good atmospheric condition: but their drinking habit hen tongue tongue tongue tongue

Which part of d country u from sef?
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by soleexx(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
wealthpos:

Try Senegal and you will think you are in Europe.

The real Senegal gan gan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by MazadoGoodman: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
J-town magnifico! Nuff respek every time! I representé.
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
OrangeDream:
I luv ma town.. From Tafawa Balewa to...

Farin Gada
Bauchi Road
Hwolshe
Lamingo
Rayfield
Katako
Chobe
Terminus
Gold & Base
Bukuru
Gada Biu
Angwan Rukuba
Tina Junction
Nassarawa Gwom
Apollo Cresent
Shagari Corner
New Market
Kwararafa
Maternity
Old Airport
Miango Junction
British America

If i no call ya crib.. pls 4giv me..
We are JOStified cos (J)esus (O)ur (S)avior is what we preach.. Ama Jtown boi
I LUV JTOWN MEHN!!!

Missing d town already! #ohGash!
Beautiful Land. Lovely People!

1 Like

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Jovago:

Originally called ‘Gwash’ until anglicized to ‘Jos” by the colonialists, the city is one of the most picturesque in Nigeria. A choice destination for tourists interested in the Middle belt region of the country, it is features a temperate climate, magnificent geography, landmarks, and mind-blowing tourist attractions.

Aside from occasional unrests driven by underground terrorists, the city is calm and nurturing. It is full of amazing contrasts, and never ceases to stun with its magnitude of dimensions and themes which are there to be discovered, immersed and understood by the inquisitive visitor. The city may be an acquired taste and your first impressions straight off the bus may not be positive. But the vibe and drive of Plateau’s capital are infectious if you give it time. Jovago.com showcases the beauty called Jos!

Where is the "magnificent" beauty you are talking about?

I can predict right now that you don't have a passport.

I lie?
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Ephemmm: 8:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
JAHCARE:

Which part of d country u from sef?

From the one you come from.
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by londoner: 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
To be honest when I visited Jos I was underwhelmed and I really hope it has changed. What I saw was a city that was living on past glory. The only thing I can say that lived up to the hype was some of the natural beauty in the mountains hills. Other than that I met a place that was neglected and in dire need of investment. There were massive eroded gullies in the town/city that people actually lived in. At that time both electricity and water was scarce and some of the older hotels were so much in need of repair and updating. I hope they have invested heavily on building Jos its roads etc because there were so many dirt roads I think even then the main road was a dirt road or a very simple concrete road. I visited the museum and zoo both had obviously not been maintained at all including the animals.

What I did like were the natural flowers and fruits especially the apples, which remain the best I have ever tasted. I also visited some areas which had pretty houses which made me imagine what it was like in its hey day I so much wanted to love Jos and going by its past reputation thought I would but was so disappointed.

I would appreciate recent pics showing investment and development of Jos because I would love to restore that first imagination about the place. The people there are also good looking and some are beautifully dark with dazzling white teeth and I remember thinking how beautiful some were.

2 Likes

Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by begwong: 8:44pm On Jul 22, 2015
Proudly J_town resident. Had to marry there when I started working in the state
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by avalontony(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
I was born and brought up in jos and I gave my life to Christ in jos. But work took me out of the city....

I will visit during my leave period next month
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by idbami2(m): 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
JAHCARE:

Na white-skinned u want?
Jez askngg
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
CUMPOLICE01:
Oyind17 i sight yu. Hapi reading

Hwfa
Re: Jos: A Land Of Magnificent Beauty by EndtimeBlessing: 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
The beauty of Jos is not in question. What is in question is its security situation. Few tourist will consider going near Jos these days. I pray that it overcome its challenges soonest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Owner And Driver Of The Otedola Bridge Tanker To Be Prosecuted By LASG / Trailer With Container Nearly Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos / Bullion Van Impounded For Driving Against Traffic In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.