Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Opinion From Mothers Pls - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Opinion From Mothers Pls (8847 Views)

6 Hilarious Ways Nigerian Mothers Make Conversation With Children / How Mothers Advertise Their Daughters For Marriage In Form Of Birthday Wishes / Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 8:30am On Jul 22, 2015
Ronie24:
Thank U all for contributn. Rili appr8 it bt dat parlour parry won't do cos my living is quite small
if it will not do do it in front of your house in the compound. Just monitor the children very well. If you feel like spending more sef you can add caprisone 25 naira to the list and put it inside souvenir. 25 naira x9=225naira. Then buy small pieces of gizzard tell them to mix it with meat everything 300 naira. When you get home dice it Into small pieces like tinko and soak it inside oily stew and put it inside foil and then inside the souvenir That's fair enough it will make the souvenir richer and full

tell the parents to drop their kids and go as it is STRICTLY FOR KIDS so you won't be spending extra entertaining adults. Tell them by 4pm they should come and pick up their children. Party starts by 10 am and closes by 4pm cheesy
I'm giving you options. If you don't want it this way you can do it that way. The koko is that the kids are happy. Remove all breakable plates and cups before they break it and the reason I said yo should give them plastic bottles is so that they won't break bottle or a child won't step on broken bottle. As much as possible you have to minimise every form of hazard they can be prone to

3 Likes

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by edwife(f): 10:00am On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I repeat I am not an ijebu woman but I'm a very prudent spender cheesy

That was great,you are definitely an owambe addict.
Now this is the sambarry i wish more to see,not the trouble maker.

chop kiss we have made up.... kiss kiss

@caprisol careful with that juice,it's nasty-some funny stuff were found inside the pack. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2015
gringringrin

it is the little Foxes prowling all over nl and provoking me in the name of trolling and slandering that gets on my nerves grin

Ahen you were saying something about caprisone.what did you say you found in it? shocked

my baby loves caprisone a lot so I use to buy it a lot, what's inside it shocked
edwife:

That was great,you are definitely an owambe addict.
Now this is the sambarry i wish more to see,not the trouble maker.

chop kiss we have made up.... kiss kiss

@caprisol careful with that juice,it's nasty-some funny stuffs were found inside the pack. undecided
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by jaybee3(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2015
Ronie24:
Hello Fellow mothers in d haus, am a mother of one. I jst wanna knw if 40k is enough for my son's first bday. As a middle class couple, we can only afford dat amount tho I don't want loud celebratn bt I want a perfect one for my boy.

I jst don't knw if it will be enough. I nid ur opinion on this pls. Thank U

If 40K is all you can afford then ensure you stay within that budget

Quality will be compromised but the significance of the party will go long in his memory
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2015
Another style for outdoor children party is that while making the environment children friendly you can rent bouncing castle. It shouldn't pass 3,000 naira then do chicken and chips with tomato ketchup if you don't want to do rice. That one too is cheap. Buy potatoes of 500naira worth, dice it, spice it up and fry it then buy full chicken .that one is about 1200 naira.. Then make sure you don't buy native chicken aka nigerian chicken. They're not fleshy at all, very stubborn to kill and their bone strong pass chewing stick. Buy those imported chicken. You will get it for at most 1700 naira.ketchup is like 450 naira . food is settled

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by edwife(f): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:
gringringrin

it is the little Foxes prowling all over nl and provoking me in the name of trolling and slandering that gets on my nerves grin

Ahen you were saying something about caprisone.what did you say you found in it? shocked

my baby loves caprisone a lot so I use to buy it a lot, what's inside it shocked

Apparently some users discovered dirt and disgusting stuff inside the container so i will advice that you pour it in a cup before giving it to your child.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by stonecoldcafe: 11:30am On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I've broken it down before let me down again

parlour Parry means small party. The child doesn't have to invite all his classmates in school and Sunday school class. Tell him to just invite 3 of his close friends in class
3of his close friends in the neighbourhood and 3of his close friends in church making 9 children

there are affordable low price cakes. Find one struggling caterer you can tell to bake you better cake of not more than 5k.at most 7k

rice of 8 derica is ok . One derica is 200 naira, so making it 200naira x 8 cups is1600 naira.

tomato 400 naira, pepper 200 naira is ok then 100 naira onions, 50naira Maggi, thyme of 80 naira making it 830naira then buy 2kilo of turkey. A kilo is 800 naira so 2 will be 1600 naira

photographs shouldn't be more than 2k

A pack of plastic coke is 2k.mix it with fanta another 2k making it 4k.no need for dj.na parlour party. Just make the environment children friendly and put children music on

those that want to play video game should go to another section of the sitting room

No need to buy water. Water is in the dispenser near the dinning table. Any child that wants water should indicate

then pack of sweet is 400 naira

Big bowl of ice cream is 1500 just pour some inside small plastic cups for them

decorate the sitting room with balloons. Just buy 150 naira balloons

calculate all that money and tell me if e reach 10k talk more of 40k

.you people just believe that if you've not done a big party for kids you've not done anything

souvenirs too shouldn't be too expensive. Inside the souvenir will be exercise book of 100 naira. Put 3sweet and 3chewing gum. Buy sweet of 3 ten naira and chewing gum 10 naira making it 20 naira. Put eraser 5m 30 naira and pencil 10 naira inside the souvenir small nylon as take away for 9 kids lobatan

Your head dey there! Op follow this lady's suggestion. Remember when you invite friends to make it clear its just for the kids. Say something like "l'm just doing something small for the kids - nothing much just a gathering of 10 kids or so. You can drop them and come later to pick them up"

By then message should be over clear. No reasonable parent will still come by and sit down to eat rice.

The reason is I write that is cos I've seen countless kids party that became adult party by extension. The parents arrive, sit down, eat and dance. If that's what you have in mind, your 40k nor go reach sef. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by DonTim1: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Left to me, I no like noise,crowd etc

Shey 1yr old weyno sabi anytin n wld prolly be looking at me like "why are there so much ppl in our haus today

I may not even spend 5k, I av good fone, pictures setlled, friends ? Whr my 1yr old take sabi frnds? Ok , simply put, invite 2-3 buddies and nieghbours,wife cooks fried rice,chicken peppersoup, + chin chin. Music from my gbedu blaster, parlour self too big, so wetin remain.

But if wife insist...and she catch me for happy mood...ok, otherwise 10k gaskiya

When he don dey matured to enjoy and know wetin 'celebration' mean n dey carry first like him papa for sch, we go increase the noise level

2 Likes

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by FynBabe(f): 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thanks for this.
SAMBARRY:
I've broken it down before let me down again

parlour Parry means small party. The child doesn't have to invite all his classmates in school and Sunday school class. Tell him to just invite 3 of his close friends in class
3of his close friends in the neighbourhood and 3of his close friends in church making 9 children

there are affordable low price cakes. Find one struggling caterer you can tell to bake you better cake of not more than 5k.at most 7k

rice of 8 derica is ok . One derica is 200 naira, so making it 200naira x 8 cups is1600 naira.

tomato 400 naira, pepper 200 naira is ok then 100 naira onions, 50naira Maggi, thyme of 80 naira making it 830naira then buy 2kilo of turkey. A kilo is 800 naira so 2 will be 1600 naira

photographs shouldn't be more than 2k

A pack of plastic coke is 2k.mix it with fanta another 2k making it 4k.no need for dj.na parlour party. Just make the environment children friendly and put children music on

those that want to play video game should go to another section of the sitting room

No need to buy water. Water is in the dispenser near the dinning table. Any child that wants water should indicate

then pack of sweet is 400 naira

Big bowl of ice cream is 1500 just pour some inside small plastic cups for them

decorate the sitting room with balloons. Just buy 150 naira balloons

calculate all that money and tell me if e reach 10k talk more of 40k

.you people just believe that if you've not done a big party for kids you've not done anything

souvenirs too shouldn't be too expensive. Inside the souvenir will be exercise book of 100 naira. Put 3sweet and 3chewing gum. Buy sweet of 3 ten naira and chewing gum 10 naira making it 20 naira. Put eraser 5m 30 naira and pencil 10 naira inside the souvenir small nylon as take away for 9 kids lobatan
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by damiso(f): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:
if it will not do do it in front of your house in the compound. Just monitor the children very well. If you feel like spending more sef you can add caprisone 25 naira to the list and put it inside souvenir. 25 naira x9=225naira. Then buy small pieces of gizzard tell them to mix it with meat everything 300 naira. When you get home dice it Into small pieces like tinko and soak it inside oily stew and put it inside foil and then inside the souvenir That's fair enough it will make the souvenir richer and full
tell the parents to drop their kids and go as it is STRICTLY FOR KIDS so you won't be spending extra entertaining adults. Tell them by 4pm they should come and pick up their children. Party starts by 10 am and closes by 4pm cheesy
I'm giving you options. If you don't want it this way you can do it that way. The koko is that the kids are happy. Remove all breakable plates and cups before they break it and the reason I said yo should give them plastic bottles is so that they won't break bottle or a child won't step on broken bottle. As much as possible you have to minimise every form of hazard they can be prone to

You have gotten the reason why kids parties tend to go over the top esp for Africans.. THE ADULTS!!!! the kids don't even want jollof rice or ayamase or all the other stuff that adults add to it. ordinary chicken wings and they are ok..

I have seen Dom Perignon at a 1st birthday party .. if you have the money sha.

OP if your house is small you could probably do it at an eatery/play centre or something and limit the no of children so say they charge N2,000 per child you can have a maximum of say 10 to 12 children that you can handle with one or two extra adults and use the rest for Cake.

Even saves you cleaning at the end of it all.As I said earlier pictures are the most important

But knowing Naija stuff like play centers will most likely be elitist and overly expensive.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 12:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
edwife:

Apparently some users discovered dirt and disgusting stuff inside the container so i will advice that you pour it in a cup before giving it to your child.
are you serious shocked

thanks for the info, will take note t smiley

1 Like

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
The reason why kiddies party go overboard is because of ADULTS. at the end of the day you displace the kids and the kids have no other choice than to sit back and watch. Some adults don't even know their actions make kids feel bad

recently my cousin did birthday party for her 3year old son and so she called me on the phone to help me organise her sons party. I saw Bottles of Baron, baylis, Red wine five alive and Valentino. I said I thought you said it's your son that you want to do party for, which one is all this hot drinks I'm seeing inside cooler shocked

is it your son or his friends you want to be giving orijin or red wine she said it's for her friends and her husband friends. I said for crying out loud this is a kiddies birthday. If it was you celebrating the birthday now it's a different case. She said she has already bought it and can't return it and she has also invited her friends who said they're on their way

I said well the kids should be priority. Celebrate the kids first. Do kiddies party. We both arranged the sitting room and put chairs outside. As soon as they did the kiddies party, , played games and generally ate and had a good time .as soon as the kids left I told her to do after party so the adults too can have a good time and the drinks will not waste

if you look at it very well its adults that makes children's party expensive and almost overboard because she wants to impress her friends and show off

I didn't even put money for make up artist o
damiso:

You have gotten the reason why kids parties tend to go over the top esp for Africans.. THE ADULTS!!!! the kids don't even want jollof rice or ayamase or all the other stuff that adults add to it. ordinary chicken wings and they are ok..

I have seen Dom Perignon at a 1st birthday party .. if you have the money sha.

OP if your house is small you could probably do it at an eatery/play centre or something and limit the no of children so say they charge N2,000 per child you can have a maximum of say 10 to 12 children that you can handle with one or two extra adults and use the rest for Cake.

Even saves you cleaning at the end of it all.As I said earlier pictures are the most important

But knowing Naija stuff like play centers will most likely be elitist and overly expensive.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
@ damiso as for cleaning just bring in one of this mobile cleaners that go from house to house asking whether you want them to clean your house. Give them 1k and if you want just add a drink and give them
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by damiso(f): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
grin grin for the higher end make up artists sef mummys make up don gulp 1/8th of the budget.

You are right its the adult extras that add to the costs of our parties.

@sambarry

1 Like

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
jaybee3:

If 40K is all you can afford then ensure you stay within that budget

Quality will be compromised but the significance of the party will go long in his memory

I doubt if any child under three will remember a birthday party.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by jaybee3(m): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2015
oyb:

I doubt if any child under three will remember a birthday party.

Archived pictures/videos, No?
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
jaybee3:

Archived pictures/videos, No?

The only birthday parties that are significant to me are those I can remember.

It will just be pictures full of strangers.
The kids of your parents friends.

How does one even do proper entertainment?
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by jaybee3(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
oyb:

The only birthday parties that are significant to me are those I can remember.

It will just be pictures full of strangers.
The kids of your parents friends.

How does one even do proper entertainment?

I hope you don't try to project your image on your Kids with regards to birthday parties Sir.

It's always fun for them

Entertainment for kids is all about getting them engaged nothing more.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ask him to invite his friends and classmates His birthday is all about celebrating him and not you. Put them in groups, find a couple games for them to play( including board games), take pictures while they are doing one activity or the other, cut the cake when it is almost time, serve them the food then send them off to their homes.

It is his birthday not the family's. That is why he should be the one doing the invitataon. You want to have a personal swell time, get him involved in the food preparation (he can help out with the tasting and mixing albeit with your supervision), also you can ask him to choose the colours for the decoration.

Please don't act like our typical Nigerian parents who turn their kid's birthday into a society affair. There is no reason for an adult to present at a kid's birthday. You don't need speakers or chairs, if your living room is big enough- decorate it for them. You also do not need 20 kids, there is nothing wrong with having 10 kids around.

1 Like

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
jaybee3:

I hope you don't try to project your image on your Kids with regards to birthday parties Sir.

It's always fun for them

Entertainment for kids is all about getting them engaged nothing more.

Well, the tradition of sorts in my house is a party themed to the current media snare my kid is enmeshed in.

So when my son turned five some years back, it was star wars the clone wars.(he was all about Anakin Skywalker at the time)
His sister turned five last year, it was disneys frozen.

The whole nine yards and then some. And they remember it.their fav music, games , etal,balloon castle, helium balloons, pinyatas.

They had mad fun

At the age of one, a cake will do.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by jaybee3(m): 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
oyb:

Well, the tradition of sorts in my house is a party themed to the current media snare my kid is enmeshed in.

So when my son turned five some years back, it was star wars the clone wars.
His sister turned five last year, it was disneys frozen.

The whole nine yards and then some. And they remember it.their fav music, games , etal,balloon castle, helium balloons.

They had mad fun.

At the age of one, a cake will do.

Wow ... they are definitely living life to the fullest

well done you
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by cococandy(f): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
This one is a year old.
He can't do all that you're saying
Insidous:

Ask him to invite his friends and classmates His birthday is all about celebrating him and not you. Put them in groups, find a couple games for them to play( including board games), take pictures while they are doing one activity or the other, cut the cake when it is almost time, serve them the food then send them off to their homes.

It is his birthday not the family's. That is why he should be the one doing the invitataon. You want to have a personal swell time, get him involved in the food preparation (he can help out with the tasting and mixing albeit with your supervision), also you can ask him to choose the colours for the decoration.

Please don't act like our typical Nigerian parents who turn their kid's birthday into a society affair. There is no reason for an adult to present at a kid's birthday. You don't need speakers or chairs, if your living room is big enough- decorate it for them. You also do not need 20 kids, there is nothing wrong with having 10 kids around.

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
cococandy:
This one is a year old.
He can't do all that you're saying

Then why not have a family birthday party.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by cococandy(f): 2:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
Insidous:

Then why not have a family birthday party.

Good question. Pls direct it to headquarters.

1 Like

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Sambarry if you ever go back to your old ways I will koboko You grin

Lemme see you fight again tongue grin

@poster follow this ladys advise
She has broken it down money wise and the kids will have a great time. So you are killing 2 birds with one stone

in addition to sambarrys advise, If your sitting room is small, you can rent a small canopy and place it outside your house.
Rentals are cheaper during the week so you will even save cost if the party is on a weekday
This is holiday time so kids are available

Please cut your coat according to your size. There is always time to have the big party in years to come when finances improve if thats what you want.

Personally I am not a fan of 1st birthday partys. The kids know nothing

Damiso I told you about the kids party they were handing out original football tops of premiership teams. The kid told then which team he/she supported and they were given a top. Top £40! shocked shocked
I went to one where they were handing out those kiddies carry on luggage cases.
For some parents its aboiut showboating. . .meanwhile the kid is sleeping on gradmas lap throughout the party.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by oloyede252(m): 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
5minsmadness:

Standing ovation!!!
indeed.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by SAMBARRY: 3:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
Tell the e hooligas not to be looking for my trouble then I'll be a good geh gringrin
tearoses:
Sambarry if you ever go back to your old ways I will koboko You grin

Lemme see you fight again tongue grin

@poster follow this ladys advise
She has broken it down money wise and the kids will have a great time. So you are killing 2 birds with one stone

in addition to sambarrys advise, If your sitting room is small, you can rent a small canopy and place it outside your house.
Rentals are cheaper during the week so you will even save cost if the party is on a weekday
This is holiday time so kids are available

Please cut your coat according to your size. There is always time to have the big party in years to come when finances improve if thats what you want.

Personally I am not a fan of 1st birthday partys. The kids know nothing

Damiso I told you about the kids party they were handing out original football tops of premiership teams. The kid told then which team he/she supported and they were given a top. Top £40! shocked shocked
I went to one where they were handing out those kiddies carry on luggage cases.
For some parents its aboiut showboating. . .meanwhile the kid is sleeping on gradmas lap throughout the party.
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by oloyede252(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Tell the e hooligas not to be looking for my trouble then I'll be a good geh gringrin
who are the e hooligans that are disturbing you?as if you're not part of them grin
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
oloyede252:

who are the e hooligans that are disturbing you?as if you're not part of them grin

Leave her alone o!
You are the one looking for her trouble now angry cool
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by 5minsmadness: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Another style for outdoor children party is that while making the environment children friendly you can rent bouncing castle. It shouldn't pass 3,000 naira then do chicken and chips with tomato ketchup if you don't want to do rice. That one too is cheap. Buy potatoes of 500naira worth, dice it, spice it up and fry it then buy full chicken .that one is about 1200 naira.. Then make sure you don't buy native chicken aka nigerian chicken. They're not fleshy at all, very stubborn to kill and their bone strong pass chewing stick. Buy those imported chicken. You will get it for at most 1700 naira.ketchup is like 450 naira . food is settled

SAMBARRY jokes apart you shouldn't be offering this info for free!
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by oloyede252(m): 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
tearoses:

Leave her alone o! You are the one looking for her trouble now angry cool
Lolz.you mean I'm looking for trouble's trouble.
and I'm just trying to appreciate her economic post.lot of respect for her.

in my dream....grin
Re: Opinion From Mothers Pls by cococandy(f): 4:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Sambarry I dey your back.
I know you look for trouble once in a while. lipsrsealed

But anytime someone find ya trouble, whip em bum bum very well . I gat ya back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Wants Me To Give Up Custody Of My Little Boy, What Should I Do? / Guys, Don't Jump Into Bed With Every Girl You See : Picture Speaks / 5 Bedroom Country Home Design With Basement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.